PDA

View Full Version : Would like some feedback.

Trymann
03-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Hello everyone,
This is my first DDO character and this is what I have so far. I intend to make this rogue so he can handle most if not all the high end traps, locks, and what-not. But, I also want him to be able to do decent damage and be able to hold his own while solo-ing. I mostly duo with a bard or fighter. So any ideas as to what I can do to help them out a bit would be nice too. Also, at level 9 I was curious if I should take a level of fighter so I could get the extra feat. Or should I two more levels of Wiz for 2nd level spells? Or neither. ;-) If I did this I believe I would take Nimble fingers and something like Weapon Focus: Piercing. I would also like to hear what all you other rogues have to say about my build and what I could do to improve it.

Thanks in advanced,
Trymann

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.85
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Wig
Level 8 Lawful Good Halfling Male
(7 Rogue \ 1 Wizard)
Hit Points: 66
Spell Points: 140
BAB: 5\5\10
Fortitude: 3
Reflex: 12
Will: 6

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 8)
Strength 12 12
Dexterity 18 23
Constitution 10 10
Intelligence 12 12
Wisdom 12 12
Charisma 10 10

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 8)
Balance 4 6
Bluff 0 0
Concentration 0 3
Diplomacy 0 0
Disable Device 5 14
Haggle 0 0
Heal 1 3
Hide 8 21
Intimidate 0 0
Jump 1 3
Listen 5 13
Move Silently 8 20
Open Lock 8 18
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 1 1
Search 5 13
Spot 5 12
Swim 1 1
Tumble 8 15
Use Magic Device 4 12

Notable Equipment
Trinket: fail of

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Use Magic Device
Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
Enhancement: Halfling Hiding I
Enhancement: Rogue Faster Sneaking I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I

Level 2 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device I
Enhancement: Rogue Move Silently I
Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock I
Enhancement: Rogue Search I

Level 3 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Finesse
Enhancement: Halfling Dexterity I
Enhancement: Halfling Silent Moves I
Enhancement: Rogue Hide I

Level 4 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost II
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I

Level 5 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Rogue Item Defense I
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device II
Enhancement: Rogue Spot I

Level 6 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Halfling Hiding II
Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock II

Level 7 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Eschew Materials
Enhancement: Halfling Keen Ears I
Enhancement: Rogue Hide II
Enhancement: Rogue Tumble I

Level 8 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Rogue Search II
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I

Impaqt
03-25-2008, 03:36 PM
So YOUR the person that Took Eschew Materials!

Seriously, Get rid of that for Extend. IF your going to use Extra Spell Ponts for something make it useful.. a 2min Sheild is handy. Personally, I'd take a few more levels of Wizard though... W5 gets you Haste and Displacement which are very handy for squishy Rogues.

You shouldnt need Nimble Fingers at this point. Most people are dumping it by l9 for something more useful.

Trymann
03-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. But at that point would I still be able to disable and what not effectively?

Impaqt
03-25-2008, 05:16 PM
As long as yo keep you Disable, Search, Spot, and Open lock skills up, absolutly. there are plenty of builds arround here with just 1 or 2 levels of rogue that can disarm any trap in the game without fail.

Trymann
03-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Ah, ok. But would I be an effective caster? Being able to hold my own with some of the higher levels? I know that I wont have half the spells that they will... But, will higher level mobs be able to resist alot of my spells?

Trymann

Impaqt
03-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Ah, ok. But would I be an effective caster? Being able to hold my own with some of the higher levels? I know that I wont have half the spells that they will... But, will higher level mobs be able to resist alot of my spells?

Trymann

Maybe you shoudl stick to being a Rogue......

A Wizard/Rogue is a pretty complex Multiclass.

No, You Wizard Spells will be nowhere near as powerful as a pure wizard... Your Spell selections would be limited to Buff Type Spells.

Trymann
03-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Right, thats what I thought. Was just checking to see if you had anything else up your sleeve. ;-) Oh, and sorry if I put that last post in a noob-ish sort of way. Couldnt think of any other way of putting it.

Impaqt
03-25-2008, 08:54 PM
You are a newb though right? I just realized as I was replying to this that i was recomending a pretty advacned Multiclass build to someone whos probobly leveling their first character..... Not my best recomendation.....

ArkoHighStar
03-25-2008, 08:57 PM
impaqt is right unless you go mostly wizard, then you will be solely relying on low level buffs to help you out like shield, anything offensive in nature will be useles at high level as you will not have the enhancements to boost them

Premier
03-25-2008, 09:23 PM
My main is a Wizzy / Rogue. The combination works well together but it's a difficult one to get straight. Impaqt is correct that 5 lvls of Wizzy is good for a squishy rogue. In fact, you can be an all dex rogue to maximize your AC very easily. All your spells will be buffs (jump, shield, mage armor if you don't wear armor, haste, displacement, blur, night shield). You may want to consider taking glitterdust to get off your sneak attack dmg against mulitple mobs. Glitterdust blinds targets that fail their will save and become vulerable to sneak attack dmg. You'll have the ability to use any arcane wand in the game plus a decent roll on Greater Heroism scrolls. I went Drow 7 Rogue / 7 Wizzy / 2 Ranger with my character. All dex and intelligence. It's a fun build with wizzy and rogue. Check the wizard spell list in the DDO compendium and see what you'd like to cast for spells; also check the compendium for wizzy and rogue enhancements. You can get a +2 to INT with 6 levels of wizard; it might be worth your time. Enjoy your build! Peace!

-Premier

Aspenor
03-25-2008, 09:23 PM
but buffs like expeditious retreat, shield, displacement, and false life can all be great low level buffs.

Premier
03-25-2008, 09:42 PM
I whip around a wand of false life from the Marketplace, err.... Rusty Nail. It's only +10 hp but it saves sp. +10 hp can go pretty quick and re- casting can eat up some sp. Couple False life with some potions of aid and you've got yourself +21 hp!!

I do keep expeditous retreat loaded too. Peace!

-Premier

Trymann
03-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for all the help! Oh, and what level should I start taking the other wiz levels, if I decide to go that way?

Wu_Jen
03-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks for all the help! Oh, and what level should I start taking the other wiz levels, if I decide to go that way?
If you decide to go Wiz/Rog then your 1st lvl would be Rogue and all the other 15 levels are taken as a Wiz. You can go 14/2 atm without too much of a loss but personally I'm holding off for lvl 17 as a Wiz before I take that 2nd Rogue lvl. Does it limit your effectiveness? Yup. It all depends on your playstyle and what you like tbh.

Trymann
03-26-2008, 10:34 AM
I have already taken 8 levels of rogue... So yes that might be a bit of a problem. Thanks though. ;-)

Trymann