PDA

View Full Version : Retroactive 32pt builds

cm2_supernova
03-25-2008, 01:06 PM
So Ive been reading a lot on the boards about 32 point builds and it got me thinking. How hard would it be to retroact the 32 builds at a higher favor level so all of your previous toons can benifit from it.

Having no idea about game design or a crystal ball to guess at possible negative impacts, what about at 2500 favor, for example, all of your characters getting a token or something in their inventory that they could take to Fred and get 4 more points.

I dont know how hard to impliment that would be, but the one issue I can already see is getting short changed versus character creation with the level ability increases. Eg. At creation, Toon X has a STR of 16, then through level 16 puts the STR up to 20 via level 4, 8, 12, and 16. At level 16 he earns 2500 favor, but it is far more expensive to buy STR 21 than 17.

I am not a super gamer, but I play more than casually. My main toon is my favor ***** at ~2500 and he is the only toon I have that has a good amount of raid loot. I hate the thought of rerolling him and running titan another 400 times to get a chattering ring, but he is the toon that I earned all my favor on, shouldn't he benifit more than a +2 tome (which arent exactly rare now)

Any thoughts?

Snoggy
03-25-2008, 01:20 PM
How hard would it be to retroact the 32 builds at a higher favor level so all of your previous toons can benifit from it?

It'd probably be harder to do that than it would be for us to reroll those characters as 32 point builds after we get the favor.

Impaqt
03-25-2008, 01:23 PM
So Ive been reading a lot on the boards about 32 point builds and it got me thinking. How hard would it be to retroact the 32 builds at a higher favor level so all of your previous toons can benifit from it.

Having no idea about game design or a crystal ball to guess at possible negative impacts, what about at 2500 favor, for example, all of your characters getting a token or something in their inventory that they could take to Fred and get 4 more points.

I dont know how hard to impliment that would be, but the one issue I can already see is getting short changed versus character creation with the level ability increases. Eg. At creation, Toon X has a STR of 16, then through level 16 puts the STR up to 20 via level 4, 8, 12, and 16. At level 16 he earns 2500 favor, but it is far more expensive to buy STR 21 than 17.

I am not a super gamer, but I play more than casually. My main toon is my favor ***** at ~2500 and he is the only toon I have that has a good amount of raid loot. I hate the thought of rerolling him and running titan another 400 times to get a chattering ring, but he is the toon that I earned all my favor on, shouldn't he benifit more than a +2 tome (which arent exactly rare now)

Any thoughts?

Whats So Broken about your 28pt Character? Do you realy think anyone but you know whether hes 28 or 32 points?

Whats Better? a 28pt Toon with A Bunch of +2/+3 Tomes and Raid Loot or a Green 32 Point Build?

Uska
03-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Might be a little complicated but it would be kind of nice to see it happen, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

Uska
03-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Whats So Broken about your 28pt Character? Do you realy think anyone but you know whether hes 28 or 32 points?

Whats Better? a 28pt Toon with A Bunch of +2/+3 Tomes and Raid Loot or a Green 32 Point Build?

Umm I have 1 +2 tome and 1 +1(cake) tome on my main 28pt build 3 pieces or raid gear and yes he is my best character even over my 32pt with 2 +2 tomes and 3 +1's so no it wouldnt make that much a differnce on him.

cm2_supernova
03-25-2008, 02:13 PM

I wouldnt say anything is broken...an extra 4 points would get my pally 2 points of Con. 16 hp and +1 to fort saves isnt too bad. Not to mention feat prereqs such as CE.

Like I said, nothing is broken...but its one of those "nice to haves"