PDA

View Full Version : Maybe already answered But dont wanna Sort for hours to find them!

Vance71975
03-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Ok call me lazy, but i am just going to ask the questions i have as apposed to spending hours searching through hundreds of posts trying to find the answers.

The Question list:

1) With monks slated for mod 7 the rumors are still flying,so i have to ask Will monk require a certain amount of Favor to play? If so how much?

2) On Crafting, i have read the Wiki on it and its a bit on the confusing Side, so ill ask here. Can you Put more than one Shard on a weapon Per Level? For Example you take a long Sword, Add a Shard with Acid and another Shard with Flame Will it fail? Is it Possible to Add all the Elements at to a weapon IE Shock,Frost,Flame,Acid,Holy,Unholy? Say 2 per Alter?IE i would love to try it but i dont want to waste tons of items just to destroy the item or weapon.

3) I understand that the Raid crafting is like a kinda Primer, Any info on what the Real crafting will be and When it will be Live?How will the De construct work, Or will that even be an option?

4) Ok i have heard people Saying that they can get there Ac to Over 50+ one guy said 57, one said he should be able to hit 75 to 80 at lvl 16, What i want to know is HOW???? Could someone Please Spell out in Detail How to hit a Super High Ac Build? cause try as i might the highest i have been able to get is 42.

Well thats all the questions i can think of off hand if i think of any more ill add them later thanks in advance for your answers!

KIELBASEE555
03-25-2008, 06:39 AM
just joking i'm not anyone who can really answer your questions. concerning the armor class at 50, that seems to be a --click-- group traid secret and the clear details are printed in chineez some where on the back of the owners manuall. I have a fighter strength 28 dex 26 the armor enhancements both armor and tower shield are at max. i have a +5 mithirel full plate and +5 mithirel tower shield. AND my AC is 42?? there is a deffinet SNAUBBERY click hear, keeping the BIG stuff very secret. then there is the funny thing about barbarians, they are the ONLY class able to have Hit points that go above 350. some barbarians claim to have 400 to 800. make a the best fighter you could make and only have 250 hit points see how long that would last vrs flesh renders.

Deriaz
03-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Ok call me lazy, but i am just going to ask the questions i have as apposed to spending hours searching through hundreds of posts trying to find the answers.

The Question list:

1) With monks slated for mod 7 the rumors are still flying,so i have to ask Will monk require a certain amount of Favor to play? If so how much?

2) On Crafting, i have read the Wiki on it and its a bit on the confusing Side, so ill ask here. Can you Put more than one Shard on a weapon Per Level? For Example you take a long Sword, Add a Shard with Acid and another Shard with Flame Will it fail? Is it Possible to Add all the Elements at to a weapon IE Shock,Frost,Flame,Acid,Holy,Unholy? Say 2 per Alter?IE i would love to try it but i dont want to waste tons of items just to destroy the item or weapon.

3) I understand that the Raid crafting is like a kinda Primer, Any info on what the Real crafting will be and When it will be Live?How will the De construct work, Or will that even be an option?

4) Ok i have heard people Saying that they can get there Ac to Over 50+ one guy said 57, one said he should be able to hit 75 to 80 at lvl 16, What i want to know is HOW???? Could someone Please Spell out in Detail How to hit a Super High Ac Build? cause try as i might the highest i have been able to get is 42.

Well thats all the questions i can think of off hand if i think of any more ill add them later thanks in advance for your answers!

From what I know:

1. Last I heard, it was a core class, and that it would be available to everyone, no Favor attached, upon release.

2. I dunno exactly how crafting works, but I don't think you can put every weapon effect on it like that. You can put maybe one or two, but maybe this question is better left answered by someone who knows the ins and outs of crafting.

3. If I recall correctly, a Dev said that this crafting system was just a base, and that over the Mods, it would expand to cover a lot. As for the deconstruct, I'm assuming you mean dismantling a weapon/armor/item and getting material for it. I haven't heard about anything like that, but I guess if it did happen, it'd give materials that wouldn't do anything too powerful. Maybe raise durability by 1 or something. Dunno.

4. The Class forums might have what you're looking for. I know there's bound to be at least one "super high" AC build out there. Just keep in mind to get that high AC, most of the people I've met that do it are very gear intensive. Takes time and effort to get that high.

just joking i'm not anyone who can really answer your questions. concerning the armor class at 50, that seems to be a --click-- group traid secret and the clear details are printed in chineez some where on the back of the owners manuall. I have a fighter strength 28 dex 26 the armor enhancements both armor and tower shield are at max. i have a +5 mithirel full plate and +5 mithirel tower shield. AND my AC is 42?? there is a deffinet SNAUBBERY click hear, keeping the BIG stuff very secret. then there is the funny thing about barbarians, they are the ONLY class able to have Hit points that go above 350. some barbarians claim to have 400 to 800. make a the best fighter you could make and only have 250 hit points see how long that would last vrs flesh renders.

Base stats and two +5 items aren't enough, I think, to get a huge AC. It comes down to dodge bonuses, luck bonuses, buffs, protection items. . . Lots of things. Like I said, really gear intensive. I would go into detail, but all the rules of what stacks and what don't never really clicked for me, so I wouldn't be too much help. All I know is it costs a lot of time, sweat, and money to get that high AC.

As for the "best fighter" quote, I'm not sure what you mean. Barbarians are the only class to go about 350? My Fighter, Deriaz, has about 389 HP, and he's level 15. That's without Madstone Bots or anything like that. (Still looking for a +6 CON item that won't cost me one of my two layers of Adamantine. Oo) My AC isn't great, sure--about 40 or so without buffs. But I know I've got the HP to cover that. Swords to use in a variety of situations. Etc. Got no problem versus flesh renders, either. There are lots of great Fighters out there with both AC and the huge HP totals. But, like I said, you just gotta keep your eyes open for the gear. :o

-D

Yaga_Nub
03-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Not answering a thing. All of those are very easy questions to find on the boards. Search is your friend. I on the other hand, am not.

Strykersz
03-25-2008, 07:42 AM

The Question list:

1. No.
2. No
3. Not really, yes.
10 base
13 armor(+5 mfp)
6 dex(2 fighters armor mastery, 1 dwarven)
7 shield
5 protection
3 natural
1 dodge feat
2 chaosguardes
3 chattering ring
1 haste
5 combat expertise
4 paladin aura
4 insight shroud wep
---
64 or so

Beyond that, for a raid, you typically get

2 recitation
4 bard song
2 natural bark skin

Vance71975
03-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Not answering a thing. All of those are very easy questions to find on the boards. Search is your friend. I on the other hand, am not.

As i said Ya prolly could find them if i wanted to Spend 16 hours searching through hundreds of threads but ya know what that cuts into the time i could be actually playing the game.

Vance71975
03-25-2008, 08:22 AM
1. No.
2. No
3. Not really, yes.
10 base
13 armor(+5 mfp)
6 dex(2 fighters armor mastery, 1 dwarven)
7 shield
5 protection
3 natural
1 dodge feat
2 chaosguardes
3 chattering ring
1 haste
5 combat expertise
4 paladin aura
4 insight shroud wep
---
64 or so

Beyond that, for a raid, you typically get

2 recitation
4 bard song
2 natural bark skin

Thanks a bunch, im assuming by the items you are meaning Pally or some sort of pally hybrid on the answer to number 4?i was really looking for more of a breakdown on the Stats,Feats,Classes to take Ect or a link to a thread that gives a step by step. Like Make this class take these feats,get these items to get X ac. But that was also helpful!

Cinwulf
03-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Here's an interesting build posted by Illuminati: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=139604

oronisi
03-25-2008, 08:35 AM

By stacking tons of raid loot and rare items, sacrificing anything else you want that character to do, buffing up with as many buffs as possible, and always invite a halfling, paladin, bard, wizard, and cleric to your group that all have the specific buffs you need. That's all it takes.

Aspenor
03-25-2008, 08:46 AM
By stacking tons of raid loot and rare items, sacrificing anything else you want that character to do, buffing up with as many buffs as possible, and always invite a halfling, paladin, bard, wizard, and cleric to your group that all have the specific buffs you need. That's all it takes.

Well considering my pure fighter self buffs up to 55 with only a barkskin +3 pot and a haste pot, and has....no raid loot....55 is attainable.

HOWEVER...he also has all the rarest mithral armor and shield you can find, and the handy-dandy chaosgards. Oh and 13 intelligence and combat expertise :D

A pure pally fully aura specced brings it to 59 (not often found), a level 16 ranger barkskin brings that to 61 (+5 instead of my potions +3), a bard song to 62, a cleric's recitation to 64...but...that almost never happens lol.

Usually I'm sitting pretty at about 55-56 long term sustainable AC, using no raid loot.

THis isn't meant to be bragging, it's jsut saying the raid loot isn't necessary, and pocket buff-casters aren't necessary for 50+ either. Although, many people ONLY quote their AC fully-buffed...so...bleh.

Oreg
03-25-2008, 08:48 AM

You could have proved your superiority even more had you snubbed the post completely and not even posted. That would have stung...

:D Wake up on the wrong side this morning Yaga? You usually aren't nasty like this.;)

Aspenor
03-25-2008, 08:49 AM
:D Wake up on the wrong side this morning Yaga? You usually aren't nasty like this.

These two sentences tell me you haven't played with Yaga before ;)

Oreg
03-25-2008, 09:08 AM
These two sentences tell me you haven't played with Yaga before ;)

Haven't had the pleasure yet:) I do enjoy most of his posts though and he is usually somewhat helpful prior to "swinging the axe". No malice intended in my post - just having fun.

Aspenor
03-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Haven't had the pleasure yet:) I do enjoy most of his posts though and he is usually somewhat helpful prior to "swinging the axe". No malice intended in my post - just having fun.

No worries, you won't see him for a while...

I think he's lost somewhere in the sewers...I think he was looking for the Low Road.

Zaodon
03-25-2008, 09:12 AM

People oppose putting this information in the game (crafting), yet here is an example where people won't answer this guys question.
All the more reason to put crafting into into the game, via a simple NPC dialog (the NPC that gives you the training quest to learn how to use the altar, in Meridia).

ThrasherGT
03-25-2008, 10:41 AM

Ummmmmmmm, I disagree. Both My fighter-types have over 400 hp without buffs/ clickies. Granted, I have taken the toughness feat multiple times and both wear the Minos Legens Helm, but 400 hp for a fighter at level 16 is fairly easy to accomplish.

RichD
03-25-2008, 10:58 AM

You can only use one power shard on your weapon/item at tier 1 (the first altar), one at tier 2 (the second altar), and either 1 or 2 at the tier 3 (the third altar). You alternatives for getting the bonus abilities at tier 3 are:

1) a single element at all 3 tiers (e.g., Air, Air, Air)
2) two different elements at the first two tiers then two shards with those same elements at tier 3 (e.g., Air, Positive, Air/Positive)
3) one of two special paths that both lead to Balance of Land And Sky II:

Fire, Water, Earth/Air
Earth, Air, Water/Fire

Note: When you combine two elements at tier 3, one will always be dominant and that one will determine the 'normal' tier 3 effect which you get in addition to the bonus effect.

It is possible to put 3 different elemental effects on a weapon, one at each of the tiers, but you won't get any bonus effect at tier 3. An example would be:

Positive, Fire, Earth - would gives Holy, Flaming Burst, Acid Blast with a tier 2 bonus of Sunburst 2/day

Yaga_Nub
03-25-2008, 11:37 AM
You could have proved your superiority even more had you snubbed the post completely and not even posted. That would have stung...

:D Wake up on the wrong side this morning Yaga? You usually aren't nasty like this.;)

Hang over are getting harder to work through. I apologize to everyone, including the OP, for being snippy.

No worries, you won't see him for a while...

I think he's lost somewhere in the sewers...I think he was looking for the Low Road.

I found the low road but there is a matter of some water with a gate that I can't seem to figure out so I had to recall to get cure light wounds potions to drink while I'm underwater figuring out how to open the gate.

oronisi
03-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Well considering my pure fighter self buffs up to 55 with only a barkskin +3 pot and a haste pot, and has....no raid loot....55 is attainable.

HOWEVER...he also has all the rarest mithral armor and shield you can find, and the handy-dandy chaosgards. Oh and 13 intelligence and combat expertise :D

A pure pally fully aura specced brings it to 59 (not often found), a level 16 ranger barkskin brings that to 61 (+5 instead of my potions +3), a bard song to 62, a cleric's recitation to 64...but...that almost never happens lol.

Usually I'm sitting pretty at about 55-56 long term sustainable AC, using no raid loot.

THis isn't meant to be bragging, it's jsut saying the raid loot isn't necessary, and pocket buff-casters aren't necessary for 50+ either. Although, many people ONLY quote their AC fully-buffed...so...bleh.

I said raid loot and rare items. You have specified 3 rare items, which are not easily available to casual gamers. That said, I didn't say he had the best attainable AC for a casual gamer....he probably doesn't have combat expertise.

oronisi
03-25-2008, 01:04 PM

Ok you can get over 250 HP with all classes. My wizard has 270, my cleric has 360 and could get up to 400 once I get my stuff together. I'm building a drow paladin that will hit 400 hp, and the list goes on.

You can get good HP on any character if you want it bad enough.

Minos Legens Helmet = toughness +18
Shroud raid items = +45
Greater False Life item = +30
Toughness feats = +18 x 6 = 108
+2 con tome from favor = +16
+6 item = +48
Agents favor = +10
Being a DDO char = +20
Being a lvl 16 with the lowest hitpoint die possible = +64
Starting con of 10 = +0

Thats how you do it if you really want HP, it is attainable. GFL belts are on the AH commonly now, every character has access to a +2 favor tome if you want it, everyone has access to the shroud seeing as there are LFMs up for it all day. That's without being dwarf, and being a wizard or sorc. You can get more as a dwarf or WF or as any other class.

Of course I think you'd be crazy to use all feats on toughness as a caster, but you CAN if you want to.

Edit: FYI you can apparently hit over 400 HP unbuffed as a wizard or sorc if you are a dwarf.

KIELBASEE555
03-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Mr deriaz was help full, thank you. NOW i appologize for the snaub taunt accusation. i'm just not the fully commited player that others are.

krud
03-26-2008, 07:54 AM
It doesn't require raid loot to get a high AC, but it does require some not so easy to find items if you are going the armor/shiled route.

armor wearers with high AC will have at a minimum

+5 Mithral full plate/breast plate/chainshirt
+5 Mithral shield/tower shield
+5 protection item
Dwarven/fighter Armor mastery enhancement (enough to max out dex bonus)
barkskin potion

my ftr/rog has no raid items:
10 baseAC
9 +5mith chain shirt
7 +5mith shield
5 +5protection necklace
8 dex26 (16base, +2 1750tome, + 2 rog enhancements, +6 item)
1 dodge feat

= 40 AC (unbuffed, unboosted)

self employed variables include:
5 combat expertise feat
3 barkskin potion (available at potion vendors)
1 insight bonus from parrying weapon
1 haste potion
6 uncanny dodge (rogue feat, 30sec)
5 human verastilityV enhancment (20sec)

= 61 AC (max self-boosted AC)

typically, I only have combat expertise and barkskin on, so my usual is 48AC (+whatever buffs i get from anyone else). I have chaosguardes (+2 dodge bonus bracers), but don't currently use them, so I could hit a 50AC with some shuffling of gear.

JFeenstra
03-26-2008, 03:35 PM

fighter-> armor mastery, sheild mastery
dex bonus of +6
protection +5
combat expertise (+5)
+5 mith fp (+13)
+5 mith tower (+7)
chaosguard (+2)
chattering ring (+3)
seal of earth (+2)
rangers barkskin (+5)
dodge feat (+1)
shroud insight weapon (+4)
pally aura (+4)
halfling (+1)
haste (+1)

that's 69, and not *that* hard to get...2 raid items (i don't consider the shroud items 'raid loot'), the rest is easy

over 70 requires uncanny dodge or an enhancement boost

oronisi
03-26-2008, 04:04 PM
fighter-> armor mastery, sheild mastery
dex bonus of +6
protection +5
combat expertise (+5)
+5 mith fp (+13)
+5 mith tower (+7)
chaosguard (+2)
chattering ring (+3)
seal of earth (+2)
rangers barkskin (+5)
dodge feat (+1)
pally aura (+4)
halfling (+1)
haste (+1)

that's 69, and not *that* hard to get...2 raid items (i don't consider the shroud items 'raid loot'), the rest is easy

over 70 requires uncanny dodge or an enhancement boost

For casual gamers the following would be hard to obtain:
protection +5
+5 mith fp (+13)
+5 mith tower (+7)
chaosguard (+2)
chattering ring (+3)
seal of earth (+2)

And this one requires someone else entirely:
rangers barkskin (+5)

I really do think people play 2 entirely different games. Getting a Shroud tier 3 item is not easy for a casual gamer. It's only easy for someone that is cool with running the same quest repeatedly in one night, 3+ days a week. Don't get me wrong, I fall into that category, but over 1/2 of my guild alone does not fall into that category.

Rogosh
03-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I am totally a casual player and have the following on my fighter:
+5 mith fp
+5 mith shield
+5 prot item
chaosgard (AH. Didn't loot it.)

But, it took me 2 years to accumulate it and have only 1 of each of those items. I just sent them all to the fighter so 1 char would have the good stuff. I think his ac without any buffage is right at 50. I'm sure it's higher after buffage in a mission but I never have paid attention to what it maxes out at.

JFeenstra
03-26-2008, 06:22 PM
For casual gamers the following would be hard to obtain:
protection +5
+5 mith fp (+13)
+5 mith tower (+7)
chaosguard (+2)
chattering ring (+3)
seal of earth (+2)

And this one requires someone else entirely:
rangers barkskin (+5)

I really do think people play 2 entirely different games. Getting a Shroud tier 3 item is not easy for a casual gamer. It's only easy for someone that is cool with running the same quest repeatedly in one night, 3+ days a week. Don't get me wrong, I fall into that category, but over 1/2 of my guild alone does not fall into that category.
12 large ing (all that's needed for a +4 insight weapon) takes maybe 8-9 completion runs

a casual gamer running shroud once or twice a week would have no problem doing that inside two months

chaosguards are on the ah all the time

seal + chattering are the hard things to get

oronisi
03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I am totally a casual player and have the following on my fighter:
+5 mith fp
+5 mith shield
+5 prot item
chaosgard (AH. Didn't loot it.)

But, it took me 2 years to accumulate it and have only 1 of each of those items. I just sent them all to the fighter so 1 char would have the good stuff. I think his ac without any buffage is right at 50. I'm sure it's higher after buffage in a mission but I never have paid attention to what it maxes out at.

12 large ing (all that's needed for a +4 insight weapon) takes maybe 8-9 completion runs

a casual gamer running shroud once or twice a week would have no problem doing that inside two months

I would simply refer you to Rogosh's post. He says he's a casual gamer and I believe him. You are talking about 8-9 completions of an endgame quest like it's nothing. I don't think you understand what a casual gamer is. I know many casual gamers that try to play this game like PnP. 1 or 2 completions for each quest and they move on....and capping a character then spamming the same quest every time your timer up is NOT what I'd call a casual gamer.

Cinwulf
03-27-2008, 08:53 AM
12 large ingredients and a supreme power shard, yes? I still havn't found one of those supreme power shards, but I do have a few large horns :/

ThrasherGT
03-27-2008, 09:28 AM

I am def. NOT a casual gamer, and in My numerous shroud runs I have only pulled about a dozen large ingredients. Of these, I have pulled 4 large horns, 3 large shrapnel, and 3 large chains. It all comes down to luck............(if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all:rolleyes:)