PDA

View Full Version : Ingredients exchange! Way to swap ingredients(like relics)

Kromize
03-24-2008, 02:44 AM
I think that there needs to be a person in Meridia that will exchange ingredients with you. Thanks for some suggestions.

If anyone wants to make their own table, feel free. I will put it in this post.

And a system like this.

You can exchange any type of ingredient for any other type, but some are worth more than others...
for example, the base ingredients to make green steel items are worth less then small ingredients from the shroud, and the small less then med, and so on.

If your trading base ingredients(locust husk, twigs, pebbles...etc..)
3:1 for another base
6:1 for a small ingredient from shroud
9:1 for a medium from shroud
12:1 for a large from shroud

If your trading small ingredients(from the shroud)
2:1 for a base
3:1 for another small
6:1 for a medium
9:1 for a large

If your trading medium ingredients
1:1 for a base
2:1 for a small
3:1 for another medium
6:1 for a large

If your trading large ingredients
1:1 for a base
1:1 for a small
2:1 for medium
3:1 for another large

I changed the rates a little bit, and I still beleive you should be able to trade out for other ingredients...

I think something like this would be extremely helpful.

Maybe a way to, say, break down components in case you screw it up as well?

Thoughts, clarifications, suggestions?:cool:

Glenalth
03-24-2008, 02:51 AM
Doesn't seem needed.

Through a 1:1 exchange program for the Medium and Large Splintered Horns would be welcome. If that were the case, people probably wouldn't mind if they started pulling Small Horns as well.

Kromize
03-24-2008, 05:00 AM
Doesn't seem needed.
I beg to differ. I always hear of people complaining how they "can't get this or that", but I seem to not have any problems with any special ingredients. People seem to have pretty bad luck, and are never able to pull what they want. Why not have an NPC that they can swap with for the correct ingredient(for a price)?

Sounds like a great thing to me. Might alter the prices I have listed above(just an idea anyways) a bit, but hey, I think it's a great idea. Would cut down on a LOT of complaints too...except for the shards...

Lorien_the_First_One
03-24-2008, 09:04 AM
I think exchanging at a 3:1 like in the GH is a great idea.

I also think the 2nd tier shards should work in the 1st tier device. Heck, its more powerful than needed right, that should work...

Feyt
03-24-2008, 01:31 PM
/signed

Mockduck
03-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I'd love to see a 3:1 exchange with restrictions (small to small, medium to medium, etc). Where are you, O great Shard of Power!?!?!?!?!?!?

Aodh
03-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Usually people will trade the same tier stuff in the raid instance. I don't think trading tier 1 for tier 2 or 3 is a good idea though. You could just farm the easy parts of the raid for the med/large ingredients without doing the difficult parts.

Yuhjn
03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
There is already an exchange system, it's call "ask your group makes for trades".

It's not like Gianthold where certain quests give certain items, the Shroud drops them all in the same quest. It's just a matter of trading with other players.

Although I would love to see a system that rips players off by giving them a 3:1 trade in option, but only lateral or down, no trading in mediums for larges.

ENGRAV0
03-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree with a 3:1, but only on same size. Don't think there should be any swapping for any other sizes.

Now I just wish they would ever acknosledge this as an option that is even being considered. Bah, what am I saying, feedback, ha, sorry.

ThrasherGT
03-24-2008, 04:29 PM
There is already an exchange system, it's call "ask your group makes for trades".

It's not like Gianthold where certain quests give certain items, the Shroud drops them all in the same quest. It's just a matter of trading with other players.

True, to a point....except on the runs when very few ingredients drop, or no one wants to trade. I'm not talking about being greedy here, it's just that sometimes there's nothing to trade........And it Would be nice to be able to trade in those Horns for something useful...............

Kromize
03-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks for suggestions, and discussion. ;)

Dariuss
03-24-2008, 04:50 PM
with the numbers you have in there now, i have to say i'm for it

sure you could do a 1:1 large ingredient swap with a friend in the raid, but let's say for some reason you can't or don't want to, and are willing to do a 3:1 trade to get that last item you need, who am i to stop you?

DNDJESS
03-24-2008, 10:15 PM
This idea has already been presented in a different (and better) form - if they allowed item trades in the auction house, this wouldn't be needed.

Kromize
03-25-2008, 02:52 AM
This idea has already been presented in a different (and better) form - if they allowed item trades in the auction house, this wouldn't be needed.

Players trading over the auction house is the same thing as an npc that you can trade with(whom also rips you off)? That's weird....

Hendrik
03-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Not in support of a trade-in system.

Trade with your group, your friends, your guild. No need for extra coding, QA, and patching for something we can do ourselves.

Aspenor
03-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Not in support of a trade-in system.

Trade with your group, your friends, your guild. No need for extra coding, QA, and patching for something we can do ourselves.

Splintered Horns???????

Definitely need something for those Hen, you won't ever be able to convince me otherwise. We shouldn't have to live with this major "oops, forgot to take those out of the loot tables" forever. That was a major QA/QC snafu that needs to be rectified. I'm appalled it was missed in the first place. Was the Shroud even tested before it went live?

Pulling a Large Splintered Horn is like watching an hour of your life go down the toilet.

Hendrik
03-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Splintered Horns???????

Definitely need something for those Hen, you won't ever be able to convince me otherwise. We shouldn't have to live with this major "oops, forgot to take those out of the loot tables" forever. That was a major QA/QC snafu that needs to be rectified. I'm appalled it was missed in the first place. Was the Shroud even tested before it went live?

Pulling a Large Splintered Horn is like watching an hour of your life go down the toilet.

That is a bit different Asp then trading in a Stone for a Shrapnel don't you think?

While I do agree with you friend that was/is a big snafu, and acknowledged, it should be addressed fairly.

How to address that specific issue I have no idea how Turbine will proceed, but I do have a few suggestions.

And yes Asp, Shroud was tested. But **** happens and people make mistakes and I am sure this mistake will be taken care of in a fair and just manner.

And yes pal, pulling that Large Horn at the end of Five is a swift kick in the yarbals - but I hope you save them...

The horns that is.

Aspenor
03-25-2008, 09:43 AM
That is a bit different Asp then trading in a Stone for a Shrapnel don't you think?

While I do agree with you friend that was/is a big snafu, and acknowledged, it should be addressed fairly.

How to address that specific issue I have no idea how Turbine will proceed, but I do have a few suggestions.

And yes Asp, Shroud was tested. But **** happens and people make mistakes and I am sure this mistake will be taken care of in a fair and just manner.

And yes pal, pulling that Large Horn at the end of Five is a swift kick in the yarbals - but I hope you save them...

The horns that is.

Yes, I save all the damn horns. What's annoying is that they are taking up space in my pack currently, and replacing a large ingredient that I want to use NOW.

The law of diminishing returns applies in a big way, Turbine should publish some kind of fix for this issue BEFORE they get to Mod 7. By then, there will be new content to run.

It needs to be a 1:1 ingredient swap of the same size for each horn, I don't care if we can select the ingredient or if the NPC selects a random ingredient of the same size, but something NEEDS to be done.

Hendrik
03-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes, I save all the damn horns. What's annoying is that they are taking up space in my pack currently, and replacing a large ingredient that I want to use NOW.

The law of diminishing returns applies in a big way, Turbine should publish some kind of fix for this issue BEFORE they get to Mod 7. By then, there will be new content to run.

It needs to be a 1:1 ingredient swap of the same size for each horn, I don't care if we can select the ingredient or if the NPC selects a random ingredient of the same size, but something NEEDS to be done.

Yes, I agree with you Asp. Something needs to be done about the Horns - beyond the fact we know they will have a future crafting use.

Safe travels friend, may your Horn pulls be limited!

;)

Kromize
03-26-2008, 04:10 AM
Also, this system will help balance the lack of small/large ingredients that ppl get when running the raid. It will help "average gamers" to actually get the third tier bonuses.
:D

DNDJESS
03-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Players trading over the auction house is the same thing as an npc that you can trade with(whom also rips you off)? That's weird....

First of all, why would they make an NPC that rips you off?

Yes, the two ideas aren't the same (should be obvious and not require an explanation, but here it is just for you anyway), but it's the same end result, with a much better system. I don't think you understood the suggestion. It has been made MANY times in the past. When you post an item on auction, instead of putting a buyout price, you list what item you're willing to trade for. As an example, lets say you need a medium scale, and have an extra medium chain. You then make an auction listing. Any player with a medium chain puts his medium chain in the auction window, the items are swapped betwenn players, and the items are put in both characters' mailboxes.

The end result is the same as what the OP suggested, but it is much more useful, and makes much more sense.

Kromize
03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
First of all, why would they make an NPC that rips you off?

You ever traded relics for other relics in gianthold?

liamfrancais
03-28-2008, 01:33 PM
I have to agree with Aspenor the horns are a Major snafu and you should be able to trade one for one for a useful ingredient, the twelve figured out how to fix dragon armor without scales why can't they figure this out!

llevenbaxx
03-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Would love to see this implimented. Cant think of any reason they would have it for the relics and not the ingrediants.

Turial
03-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Splintered Horns???????

3 hours and counting ...lol