PDA

View Full Version : Player created Quests

sugarat
03-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Has there been any discussion about allowing the player community build quests or submit quest ideas. I'm sure that the dev's are creative enough to put some twists and changes to make it intersting even for the person(s) that submited it? Just a thought.

Laith
03-19-2008, 01:36 PM
the suggestion comes up often, but there's been no real comment from Turbine's end.

Invalid_86
03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Due to the uneven quality of what they get back, the need to reveal game code, and having to reveal their "creative adjustments" to the 3.5 system I suspect we will never see this happen.

sirgog
03-19-2008, 06:25 PM
That said, we can certainly post ideas in the forums.

Have a look @ my sig...

Slapphappy
03-19-2008, 08:30 PM
I think this is a good idea. Though I don't know it would implement on the technical side. Before DDO, my favorite game was Civ 3. Once of the nice things about it was the ability to create your own scenarios. This would deal with the lack of content issue for DDO in a hurry.

CrazySamaritan
03-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Part of the issue is that if it doesn't go through Turbine, then it can't give any rewards, or folks would make a farm quest.

If it does go through Turbine's testing process, then there's the issue of making sure everything is balanced, there's no bugs, there's enough rest shrines, there's appropriate rewards, no exploits, monsters don't bug out on players constantly, ect. It comes down to Turbine needing to make the quest anyway, so there's no reward to come from it to Turbine's perspective.

There are other issues in addition to this one.