PDA

View Full Version : Odd or Even? Stat questions for Mod 7

geezee
03-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Same old question for me. I'm rerolling and I wanted to know whether to start with odd or even starting stats. Any word on what mod 7 or beyond will bring us? +4 tomes? Class and race enhancements of +4? Items over +6?

Thanks

Yvonne_Blacksword
03-19-2008, 11:13 AM
would love to know...
Am sitting on a coulple of +2 tomes...
Wondering who gets to eat them...(sigh)

+4 enhancements?
+7 items?

Invalid_86
03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I hope not. We have too much already.

MysticTheurge
03-19-2008, 01:51 PM
+4 enhancements?
+7 items?

Probably not.

Except those +9 stat items in the Shroud.

Lifespawn
03-19-2008, 02:45 PM
don't tomes stop at 5? aren't stat items supposed to stop at 6 except the shroud ones ofcourse

GlassCannon
03-20-2008, 01:40 AM
would love to know...
Am sitting on a coulple of +2 tomes...
Wondering who gets to eat them...(sigh)

+4 enhancements?
+7 items?

There is absolutely no feasible reason to exclude said items.

The SRD was intended for characters that did not have Enhancement systems, and DDO is literally creating a new form of Dungeons and Dragons.

The SRD was also intended for slow, elaborate play, and not instant, twitch skill play.

If said items are excluded, I want to know why, and what they expect to say to other scaling systems that clearly work.

Angelus_dead
03-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Same old question for me. I'm rerolling and I wanted to know whether to start with odd or even starting stats. Any word on what mod 7 or beyond will bring us? +4 tomes? Class and race enhancements of +4? Items over +6?
Once mod5 is finished, it will be possible to get a trinket adding +1 to every stat. If you also had some +6 stat items, you could treat it as if they were +7s.

Angelus_dead
03-20-2008, 02:07 AM
Items beyond +6 already exist, class/race enhancements over +3/+2 will never exist pre-epic (except for barbs who get +4 str).

For any stats that your race or class has enhancements for, you can always go as high as possible and never think about odd/even. Depending on your other bonuses you can always use the 3rd rank of your class stat enhancement to either even out your ability score, or recover 6 AP by dropping it.

Yvonne_Blacksword
03-20-2008, 10:12 AM
was thinking I would do just that...drop sorc cha III ...for more firepower...or spell pen...oooooh!

Impaqt
03-20-2008, 10:28 AM
DDO has not broken any PnP guidelines with the Commonly avaialable items inthe game. Some raid loot items are pushing it for sure... If not downright disregarding the standards set, but that snot what we're taking about.

In PnP Stat Items can go up to +6 Enhancment Bonus. Instead of Breaking this established mechanic, DDO has offered us Additinal ways...... Within the Ruleset.... to increase stats further. Enhancments, Competance Bonus, Size Bonus, Insight, etc etc.

We wont see +7 STR Bracers.

We wont see +9 Wisdom Necklaces

What we are seeing out of the shroud is +6 XXX Item/+1 XXX Item/+2 XXX Item where the +1 and +2 Bonus' are NOT the same as the +6 Bonus. (Technically, the +1 and +2 should not stack as per pnp.. but we are talking about Raid Items that have shown they dont need to follow the rules)

If we were going tosee greater than +6 Stat items, theres no reason the current raid items simply would of go +7 to +9 Enhancment Bonus instead of taking all the extra time tocode the new Bonus scheme.