PDA

View Full Version : Turning "Accept Party Requests" off.

QuantumFX
03-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Recently I rerolled my cleric and have noticed that the name "Flericus Maximus" is no longer a deterrent to people sending blind invites.

Looking through the Options screen I found a checkbox for "Accept Party Requests". The tooltip states "If false, You will never see any incoming party requests"

WOOT!!! Freedom from in-quest blind invites is now mine!!!!

Oh waitaminute... It blocks requests from people I want to party with too. :(

Do we currently have (or Developers are you working on) a way to work around this problem? Maybe a command that sends a join party request to a party leader? Or possibly a /afk like mechanism that could auto block the invite prompt and send a message back to the party leader saying "I'm in the middle of something. Please send me a tell with the details of why you're attempting to recruit me!"

I'm not really interested in /squelching people but ending the annoying pop up when I'm in the middle of something.

ENGRAV0
03-19-2008, 03:04 AM
You DO actualy see that you declined an invite. It shows up in your party window.

ChaelaAnne
03-19-2008, 03:06 AM
Recently I rerolled my cleric and have noticed that the name "Flericus Maximus" is no longer a deterrent to people sending blind invites.

Looking through the Options screen I found a checkbox for "Accept Party Requests". The tooltip states "If false, You will never see any incoming party requests"

WOOT!!! Freedom from in-quest blind invites is now mine!!!!

Oh waitaminute... It blocks requests from people I want to party with too. :(

Do we currently have (or Developers are you working on) a way to work around this problem? Maybe a command that sends a join party request to a party leader? Or possibly a /afk like mechanism that could auto block the invite prompt and send a message back to the party leader saying "I'm in the middle of something. Please send me a tell with the details of why you're attempting to recruit me!"

I'm not really interested in /squelching people but ending the annoying pop up when I'm in the middle of something.

If your friends send you a tell, maybe they can put a lfg up for a quick sec to let you join, or you can take your block down for half a sec. Just keep it up the rest of the time?

At least that way you could have some peace and quiet some of the time.

Vormaerin
03-19-2008, 03:29 AM
I have it up all the time on my bard, since I get a lot of blind invites but don't want to go anonymous. Normally, I just start the group as the way around it, but if that doesn't work I spend the 10 seconds to turn invites back on and then turn them off again after I join the party.

MysticTheurge
03-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Just going anonymous solves most of your blind invite problems.

QuantumFX
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Hmmm.... OK, it looks like there are no current solutions to my problem. :(

Looks like I need to go post some solutions in Codog's thread and see if any of them are worth implementing.