PDA

View Full Version : forget monks check this class i saw in a movie!

foxrav
03-17-2008, 11:40 PM
they're called warlocks but i think they should be put in ddo here copy paste link on web address plz i think warlocks of this type minus the age power process thing would ultimately make the best class and superior to sorc's without a doubt.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QqYv63Xvijk

Wu_Jen
03-18-2008, 02:34 AM
Ever play Neverwinter Nights 2? Warlocks aren't great characters. A Sorc is definately superior.

FluffyCalico
03-18-2008, 02:38 AM
The idea behind Dnd is not best its team work and needed roles or lack of best and worst. Also when there are countless classes they will not invent a new one to add.

Grinndal
03-18-2008, 02:43 AM
You have to be kidding right?

Phalkhan
03-18-2008, 03:38 AM
Sorc. = arcane

Warlock = Eldritch Blasts..

aka a set number a day ... so I doubt it ..... think Bard songs ..just make em eldritch blasts that staus affect/damage/ and or buff..but you do not get to cast arcane spells..... so sorry cannot happen.

not sure I would want to base any character off that movie either.. might get kicked out of DDO...then what ...LotRO? No I dont think so .. so while you are waving your hands around ( no quicken for Eldritch blasts) I wil be happily knocking ya up side the head with my stunning fist ..and looking for the sorc. to kill before he get me .....warlocks can wait.. IMHO.

Aesop
03-18-2008, 05:06 AM
You can find the Warlock Class in THe Complete Arcane

They have powers called Invocations

These are like magic but not at the same time. They are more limited in scope but can be used an unlimited number of times per day. The Warlocks primary attack ability is call an Eldritch Blast. The Eldritch Blast improves as you gain levels. You may also take certain Invocations which augment your Eldritch Blast.

In the long run Arcane magic is more powerful in application but Invocations do have their own advantages. I wouldn't mind seeing Warlock be added to the game but I do not expect that for some time

Aesop

foxrav
03-18-2008, 07:49 AM
you know what i dont care what any body says warlocks are the best so yeah deal with it!

RazorrX
03-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Warlocks are a 'striker' class in 4th Edition (and now a core class). So, who knows if it will be in DDO or not? Most likely it will find itself here.

Aspenor
03-18-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm all for choices but I'd like to see the Eberron races and classes added first like artificers, shifters, and kalashtar.

Just to be picky :D

Wu_Jen
03-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm all for choices but I'd like to see the Eberron races and classes added first like artificers, shifters, and kalashtar.

Just to be picky :D

God yes, I've been a proponent of Artificers since the game was launched. How can you not have them is beyond me.......I'd also love the Canith Wand Adepts.

Qzipoun
03-18-2008, 10:47 AM
you know what i dont care what any body says warlocks are the best so yeah deal with it!

lol?

We all know dragon monks are the best... so yeah deal with it!

Zuldar
03-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Sorc. = arcane

Warlock = Eldritch Blasts..

aka a set number a day ... so I doubt it ..... think Bard songs ..just make em eldritch blasts that staus affect/damage/ and or buff..but you do not get to cast arcane spells..... so sorry cannot happen.

not sure I would want to base any character off that movie either.. might get kicked out of DDO...then what ...LotRO? No I dont think so .. so while you are waving your hands around ( no quicken for Eldritch blasts) I wil be happily knocking ya up side the head with my stunning fist ..and looking for the sorc. to kill before he get me .....warlocks can wait.. IMHO.

Actually, warlocks would be able to take the quicken spell like ability feat, along with empower spell like ability, maxmize spell like ability, ect. Additionally warlocks can use their eldritch blasts and invocations ad infinitum, making them even more sorceror like then sorcerors.