PDA

View Full Version : Dear KoboldKiller

KoboldKiller
03-17-2008, 01:07 PM
I would like to start a thread similar to Dear Abby, "Dear KoboldKiller".

While I am in no way a licensed Psycologist it would be a thread that people could post their issues/questions and advice could be given by myself or others that feel qualified.

I am starting this due to my own personal situation and have been helped tremendously by those who visit this forum.

Anyway, just a thought, I would be glad to help as I am sure others would be as well.

Thread might not last long but here's your oportunity to get advice for as long as it lasts.

Sometimes life experience is better.

Cupcake
03-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I would like to start a thread similar to Dear Abby, "Dear KoboldKiller".

While I am in no way a licensed Psycologist it would be a thread that people could post their issues/questions and advice could be given by myself or others that feel qualified.

I am starting this due to my own personal situation and have been helped tremendously by those who visit this forum.

Anyway, just a thought, I would be glad to help as I am sure others would be as well.

Thread might not last long but here's your oportunity to get advice for as long as it lasts.

Sometimes life experience is better.

Dear KK,

The girl up front made the coffee way too strong even for me this morning. It was almost undrinkable.

Any suggestions on what to do with it other than make a new pot of coffee?

And I am quite serious about this question.

KoboldKiller
03-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Dear KK,

The girl up front made the coffee way too strong even for me this morning. It was almost undrinkable.

If I were you I would discretly dispose of the offending coffee so as to not hurt the girls feelings and make a new pot.

Shaamis
03-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, Shaamis already has a DDO talk show: Ask Shaamis!(c)(tm)

Check it out in my signature :P

Shaamis brings his own drunken dwarf-ness to life, as a conservative, yet militant spokesman, who offers you advice you might not like....but who cares!?! he's make-believe!

He defends the honor of Dwarves everywhere, yet sometimes sullies it as well, while raising awareness of the inherant evil of Elves, and to a lesser extent, drow elves, and halflings.

Heck, he even throws in humans on that, they do some pretty elfish-style things too.

If your show plans on supporting this "evil elf syndrome" plan on Shaamis' show being your mortal enemy!!

:D:D:D:D

Dariuss
03-17-2008, 10:48 PM
i think we can all agree that the wee lil halflings are up to something

:)

dear kk,

i want a cigarette. please advise.

big d

Caelan
03-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Dear KK,

actually, if you presented her with a cupcake to thank her for going through the effort, and then tactifully remark that it was a bit too strong for your sensitive tastebuds, she'd probably make you a new pot.

Missing_Minds
03-18-2008, 09:25 AM
personally, I like my coffee to be akin to military grade coffee. Aka, it doesn't sit up and bark, but takes the spoon away from you and slaps you silly with it. That said, pour some out and add water to weaken it to taste.

Dear KK,

I like fireballing kobolds. Where are the best spots for target practice?

Bekki
03-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Dear KK,

Something else you can do is go with a company like "Ellis Coffe"
They sell pre-measured coffee packs so that all you have to do is open the
package put it in the filter and add water.
this should avoid the Industrial strength coffee Issue... hope this helps.

KoboldKiller
03-18-2008, 10:45 AM
personally, I like my coffee to be akin to military grade coffee. Aka, it doesn't sit up and bark, but takes the spoon away from you and slaps you silly with it. That said, pour some out and add water to weaken it to taste.

Dear KK,

I like fireballing kobolds. Where are the best spots for target practice?

I've always found Waterworks to be a good spot however if you are into wave after wave of Kobolds try Kobold assault.

KoboldKiller
03-18-2008, 10:47 AM

dear kk,

big d

Alot of that depends on if your quitting or not. If your quitting I would try one of the many patches available and some have had good results with hypnotism. If not you could either borrow one from someone else who smokes assuming you are out and can't buy more at the moment.

Strakeln
03-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Dear KK,

My dog has a rather annoying habit of trying to sit in my lap while I am playing. Considering she is now pushing 75 lbs (and isn't even a year old), this is getting to be a bit of a pain. In the past, I would give her a peppermint lifesaver and send her on her way, but now she seems content to remain with her torso on my lap and rear legs on the ground... for as long as I can stand it.

This problem is multiplied by the fact that she is an incredibly cute lab. What do I do?

http://owntheride.googlepages.com/DSC01312.JPG/DSC01312-large;crop:0,0.02,0.95,0.96.jpg

Dariuss
03-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Dear KK,

My dog has a rather annoying habit of trying to sit in my lap while I am playing. Considering she is now pushing 75 lbs (and isn't even a year old), this is getting to be a bit of a pain. In the past, I would give her a peppermint lifesaver and send her on her way, but now she seems content to remain with her torso on my lap and rear legs on the ground... for as long as I can stand it.

This problem is multiplied by the fact that she is an incredibly cute lab. What do I do?

http://owntheride.googlepages.com/DSC01312.JPG/DSC01312-large;crop:0,0.02,0.95,0.96.jpg

but she's so cute!

KoboldKiller
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
That Lab is adorable. Actually the "reward" to get her to move in the past has created this behavior. Best thing to do is be firm and tell her "off" or some other key word. In time she will get it and you will no longer have this issue.

cappuccino
03-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Alot of that depends on if your quitting or not. If your quitting I would try one of the many patches available and some have had good results with hypnotism. If not you could either borrow one from someone else who smokes assuming you are out and can't buy more at the moment.

And too add my suggestion if your tryinng to quit smoking, I recommend using "the Patch" (i.e like Nicoderm,for example) but unlike their recommended usage, I would apply the patch right over your mouth.

Using this method will guarantee you do not give into your cravings as when you remove the patch to smoke, your lips will have puffed up so large that you will not be able to open your mouth either!

I've also found the only side effect of this method is that it also allows you to lose any extra weight you are carrying :):eek::cool:

Caelan
03-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Dear KK,

not an animal person per se... but that puppy is absolutely adorable!!!

regardless... have you tried getting her her own chair next to yours. i found this worked rather well for my 2 squirming toddlers.

Caelan
03-18-2008, 12:46 PM

dear kk,

big d

if you are quitting... what kind of a warrior are you? no backbone? suck it up and just defeat that addiction. it's like any addiction - decide to do it and do it. we tout our strengths all over the place but them some little plant is going to run our lives? i think not. and yes, i quit and yes, i had been up to almost 2 packs a day in a job where everyone, including the clients, smoked. no patch, no gum, no medications, just cut down for a couple weeks and then just stopped. willpower baby!

if you are not quitting... well, that's harder. first you have to get a fortune 500 job so you can afford to buy a pack... :p

Dariuss
03-18-2008, 01:24 PM
actually, with the dog, why don't you take her for a good run before you want to play? this will tire her out, and provide oyu with some nice exercise and fresh air to offset the sitting inside and gaming time.

with the smoking thing, yes i am quitting.... this is currentyl day 6 on the patch. i am doing ok, mostly just whiny at this point haha

Strakeln
03-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Hehe I was just looking for an excuse to show off my cute pup. :D

CrazySamaritan
03-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Dear KK,

Why is Stormreach so beset by aetheistic Worshipers? I've been in countless quests where a party member will shout out, "oh, my god!" and so my first reaction is to ask which one they pray to. I believe that knowing what god they worship is an excellent way to learn what their thought process is, but they rarely, if ever, answer me.

I know I call the wrath of my god on some of the enemies that I fight, or blame his trickery for allowing a monster to attack me on a wilderness path, but I am always open with my worship. Why do others feel they must disguise their faith?

-Cleric of the Traveler

P.S. Is this related to the large number of clerics/paladins who walk around without knowing what the symbol on their shield means?

KoboldKiller
03-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Dear KK,

Why is Stormreach so beset by aetheistic Worshipers? I've been in countless quests where a party member will shout out, "oh, my god!" and so my first reaction is to ask which one they pray to. I believe that knowing what god they worship is an excellent way to learn what their thought process is, but they rarely, if ever, answer me.

I know I call the wrath of my god on some of the enemies that I fight, or blame his trickery for allowing a monster to attack me on a wilderness path, but I am always open with my worship. Why do others feel they must disguise their faith?

-Cleric of the Traveler

P.S. Is this related to the large number of clerics/paladins who walk around without knowing what the symbol on their shield means?

I think due to people being condemned for their beliefs it is hard for some to state who it is they worship. It really is a sad commentary on society that you should be shunned for your beliefs. I find it refreshing that someone such as yourself is open about your God and I encourage you to continue and maybe others will follow leading to a society where there will no longer be persecution for your beliefs. Remember there are no atheists in foxholes.

Cupcake
03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Dear KK,

Very very cute doggie.

My husband and I deal with our cat who is only content unless she is lying directly on the keyboard.