PDA

View Full Version : gear setup for healbot/offensive caster build?

GlassJaw
03-14-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm coming back to DDO after a 6-month layoff and I've been tweaking my cleric (now 15) to get up-to-date with all the new stuff. Since there's a lot of new gear in the game that I'm not that familiar with, I'm wondering if anyone has any general advice on gear setup for a build like this. I'm primarily a healbot/buff cleric and a secondary non-damaging spell offensive caster (high Wis, Spell pen spec'ed).

Base stats (no enhancements or gear):

Str 8
Dex 10 (14 with +4 item)
Con 12 (18 with +5 Con ring and +1 enhancement)
Int 8
Wis 23 (32 with +6 Wis circlet and +3 enhancements)
Cha 14

220 hp's (no +10 from Agent favor yet)
I stay out of combat completely and wear robes so AC is not a concern. I've run all the Gianthold content on elite and survivability was never an issue.

Feats: MT, IMT, Extend, Empower Healing, Extra Turning, Spell Pen, Greater Spell Pen

Notable Gear: +6 Wis circlet (head), +5 Con ring, UA ring of Concentration +10, Belt of Gr False Life, Spec Ops, Shrunken Head, PoP X

Thoughts/suggestions on any gear I should try to get to improve this setup? Thanks!

~Bandage
03-14-2008, 02:20 PM
You didn't list any devotion items, so I'd start there... The Healing scepter from Invasion tokens, and Gauntlets of Eternity from the Reaver raid are good places to start, although the best healing items are going to be coming from greensteel items from the new Shroud raid. Do a forum search for the cookbook, and you'll see the possibilities there.

I've also found clickies for stuff like remove curse, remove disease, blindness removal, etc. to really help out my cleric.

With your offensive casting, you may want a spell penetration item as well, just to give you a little oomph. (The reaver's napkin from the reaver raid also helps there...)

DemonMage
03-14-2008, 02:51 PM
I'd go with blue dragon and potency (you may focus on non-damage, but don't underestimate Blade Barrier) over the crappy gauntlets and a heal-only item, that'll also net you the spell pen you want in Mod 6. Green Steel triple air goggles for the SP increase and the knockdown/haste proc are pretty nice too, though that final tier is a bit annoying to get the ingredients for.

I'd also move Wis to neck and get a Minos Legen helm from 20 tapestries. 18 hp at level 16 and heavy fort bundled in one item is nice, and you don't seem to have fortification at all right now which is a pretty huge deal. Nightshield is just as good as the shrunken head, and cheap to keep up. Only less desirable in chain-dispel situations, and that's not a huge deal. Necro focus bracers are also handy, Stormreavers Napkin can work as well. Charisma cloak for extra DVs/DHs if you have that, or you can put that as your resist item.

Impaqt
03-14-2008, 02:51 PM
You didn't list any devotion items, so I'd start there... The Healing scepter from Invasion tokens, and Gauntlets of Eternity from the Reaver raid are good places to start, although the best healing items are going to be coming from greensteel items from the new Shroud raid. Do a forum search for the cookbook, and you'll see the possibilities there.

I've also found clickies for stuff like remove curse, remove disease, blindness removal, etc. to really help out my cleric.

With your offensive casting, you may want a spell penetration item as well, just to give you a little oomph. (The reaver's napkin from the reaver raid also helps there...)

Forget the Invader mace...

ALl ya need is a Potency item now.... Greater 6 is common, Superior 6 is available and Greater 7 is out there as well. THye all trump the Invader mace.

Reaver gloves provide the Lore.
There are no items you canmake inthe Shroud that are beter than a Superior Potency 6 Item. None that have been FOund and Confirmed anyway.

The rever Napkin doesnt help Spell Penn at all. Its +1 DC to your spells and +6 Int. Spell Pen is on the Blue Dragon armor or availabale on COmmon weaponry.

Eumeri
03-25-2008, 02:31 PM

Just my 2 cents on Spell Pen. I have found that the increase in successful sticking with a Spell Pen item, even high end, doesn't seem to be nearly as important as picking the right spell for the right mob. It is always important to remember which save applies to which spell. Sure there are mobs with higher SR later on but you are also casting higher level spells. I have found that the spells I can cast seem to parallel the SR found on mobs (save some named) whereas matching my spells to the appropriate mobs seems to yield a much higher success rate overall. I have a cheet sheat taped to the wall behind my LCD IN BIG LETTERS listing the save type for the spells I usually have mem'd and a general mob list to help me remember (e.g. Casters - poor fort, Melee - Low Will). Anyway... just want I think.. your mileage may vary. ;)