PDA

View Full Version : Temple of VoL

Ozmoth
03-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey guys I am not complaining here just trying to see if maybe I can plead my case. I get why the shades where changed in Desecrated Temple the quest. It was at that time easier than intended and therefore required a little attention and tweaking. With the hieghtened damage of the traps it actually got a tweak to once again make it difficult. Is there any chance we can maybe get a repeal on the fire immunity of the shades as tweaking the trap damage sets the quest to an intended difficulty now? Maybe? Pretty Please? With Guacamole and Salsa on top?

P.S. waiting til Mod 7 for said fix to be implemented would be more than satisfactory just trying to get a hint if it is even being looked at.

( Yes I know Cone of Cold I wasn't born under a rock. Its just natural instinct for Beavis to take over when the ghosts come out and start yelling Fire heh heh yeah fire)

captain1z
03-12-2008, 09:58 PM
FFFFffire! Fire! fire! hhmmm hmm.

Trap DC's are being adjusted downwards. That should help a bunch.

MrCow
03-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I find sunburst a nice alternative to making shadows poof now.

Missing_Minds
03-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Cone of Cold and Chain Lighting always worked. Never had an issue with the shadows pre or post.

Ozmoth
03-13-2008, 01:17 PM
It's barely an issue of function and more of information. Vets know this quest. They know the changes and why they were made. I am a farely expierienced player so I get it. My concern is for the returners / newcomers. How would they know that in this one quest way in the back that nobody runs all the shades which are supposed to get baked in fire not be responsive to firewall. The intent was to make this quest harder than it was at release. Increasing the trap damage did that either inadvertently or as intend. Either way the increased hardness is now there. In the devs op is the blanket fire immunity still neccessary? If it is could we maybe get that included in the quest giver text somehow or perhaps just add a single shade right inside the quest as a kind of tutorial mob so that a new party can get aquainted to the situation without causing a major meltdown of resources.

Crarites
03-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Last time I ran this I remember being able to avoid all the traps. Was a change made to prevent jumping over the wall sconces?

query
03-14-2008, 07:00 AM
No, nothing useful here; just one of my favorite Beavis and Butthead quotes truncaded to just its 1 of two lines for guideline requirements (but we all know what he needed TP for.)

HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!

FINE, ONE THING!

Yes you CAN still jump on the side over there!

Now....LET'S BURN SOMETHING!