PDA

View Full Version : Darkleaf/weave brigadine and scale

skraus1
03-12-2008, 08:49 PM
I absolutely hate most of the useful armor models in DDO. Most are quite plain or even ugly.

However, I love many of the brigadine and scale models that are out there. Looking like a samarai or an ogre mage is simply cool.

Yet, something that is viable AC wise of spell failure-wise is completely lacking. I understand wanting to make mithral special and only on a few types of armor, but what about darkweave and leaf armors? Bards could start wearing them. The dex bonus is a bit higher so other classes may be willing to take a small AC hit and wear them.

All and all having characters wearing more different models of armor is great for the game, and they should be added.

Xorm
03-13-2008, 03:24 AM
AMEN!

There is some ugly, I mean UGLY Mith. breast plates out there!

I had one person even ask on my female halfling "whats up with the Boob guard?"

Draclaud
03-13-2008, 10:09 AM
How hide armor looks. The one with the owl-bear head on it is really nice. I do like the darkleaf stuff too though. Nice to add flavor and options.

Boulderun
03-13-2008, 10:54 AM
There are some really excellent chain mail models out there, shamefully going to waste because only the absolute best of the best elven chain is worth even considering using.

Mad_Bombardier
03-13-2008, 10:58 AM
In the Eberron Campaign Setting, Leafweave is specifically Leather (called Darkweave in DDO) and Darkleaf is specifically Breastplate and Banded.

That said... I, too, would like more armor material combnations in game. Bring back Mithral Scale and Halfplate. Who cares if few people wear it, give us the option. Add Darkweave Padded and Darkweave Studded with Darkwood studs (from RotW). As for Brigandine and Splint, metal material Mithral doesn't work. But, Darkweave/leaf could be a nice addition. :)

skraus1
03-14-2008, 03:31 PM
In the Eberron Campaign Setting, Leafweave is specifically Leather (called Darkweave in DDO) and Darkleaf is specifically Breastplate and Banded.

That said... I, too, would like more armor material combnations in game. Bring back Mithral Scale and Halfplate. Who cares if few people wear it, give us the option. Add Darkweave Padded and Darkweave Studded with Darkwood studs (from RotW). As for Brigandine and Splint, metal material Mithral doesn't work. But, Darkweave/leaf could be a nice addition. :)

Scale and brigadine armors are more primitive types of armor than breastplates and banded. Any material that the advanced metal armors could be made out of, so could the more primitive metal armors. Both scale and brigadine armors are literally metal pieces sown on a leather backing. Most elves lean toward highly advanced armors, but wild elves for example could very well make more primitive armors out of exotic materials as could some human cultures.

Emili
03-14-2008, 06:59 PM
I try on near every piece of armour i pull to see what it looks like... it is quite unfortunate that if it looks interesting, pretty or exotic it generally is worthless as functional armour.:(