PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a new use for the Stone of Change

Killbilly
03-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I think it would be cool if we could use the stone of change to consolidate charges from multiple identical wands into a single wand to save pack space. I don't know about everybody else, but I have a lot of wands that can't be bought with a small number of charges each and I'd love to free up some pack space without having to ditch some useful wands. Maybe if they feel like a cost should be included it could require that we toss in some Syberis fragments in with the wands (this would have the side effect of making Syberis fragments actually useful).

What do you guys think?

ahpook
03-13-2008, 12:53 AM
I think it is a simple and reasonable proposal. Cost of $, shards, or % of wand charges would all be reasonable. (Although gold might not work with the current implementation).

Killbilly
03-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah, I also considered losing a number of charges as a cost. It's certainly a workable idea, just wasn't what I would personally hope for.

jjflanigan
03-13-2008, 08:43 AM
I think this is a great idea. There are lots of different options around for a "fuel" to include as a cost to merge the wands together, but just about anything would be nice as long as we could combine those 12 - 20 charge wands we get in chests :)

Cinwulf
03-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Great idea :)

Missing_Minds
03-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I like this idea.

combine them at a cost of the syber shards. I'm thinking the following myself.

1 shard per lvl 1 charge
2 shards per lvl 2 charge
3 shards per lvl 3 charge..

etc....

hey.. come to think of it, why not use the stone of change to also change our hair style/color finally as well?

jjflanigan
03-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I like this idea.

combine them at a cost of the syber shards. I'm thinking the following myself.

1 shard per lvl 1 charge
2 shards per lvl 2 charge
3 shards per lvl 3 charge..

etc....

hey.. come to think of it, why not use the stone of change to also change our hair style/color finally as well?

Because I am much too fat to fit in there!

Vinos
03-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Great idea and it shouldn't be hard to code given that they already have things that stack like potions and the like.

KIELBASEE555
03-14-2008, 07:14 AM
for those who are lost. are you talking about taking 4 individual wands, each with 1-13 charges on them. and mergeing them together to make 1 full charged wand. to expand on that have you considerd on just recharging wands. take a critcal group heal wand (the maximum lvl 16 spell)
with just 2 charges, and have it fully recharged back to 50?

will we be able to make scrolls? will we ba able to make the scrolls that wer illimated 9 months ago, like fire wall and cloud kill?

MysticTheurge
03-14-2008, 07:23 AM
It would actually be more logical for this to use Eberron Dragonshards.

BattleCircle
03-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I think it would be cool if we could use the stone of change to consolidate charges from multiple identical wands into a single wand to save pack space. I don't know about everybody else, but I have a lot of wands that can't be bought with a small number of charges each and I'd love to free up some pack space without having to ditch some useful wands. Maybe if they feel like a cost should be included it could require that we toss in some Syberis fragments in with the wands (this would have the side effect of making Syberis fragments actually useful).

What do you guys think?

Excellent proposal, now if we can just get it noticed ;)

Yaga_Nub
03-14-2008, 09:01 AM
It would actually be more logical for this to use Eberron Dragonshards.

Your answer is neither full nor complete. Give us more reasoning please. :)

MysticTheurge
03-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Your answer is neither full nor complete. Give us more reasoning please. :)

Generally speaking:

Siberys Dragonshards enhance the powers of dragonmarks. (And can be used for some psionic purposes, which explains why Fred wants them.)
Khyber Dragonshards are used for binding.
Eberron Dragonshards store or enhance magical power.

As such, the most logical shard to be used here is an Eberron one.

Tanka
03-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Great idea, and it's something I'd've loved to have implemented long ago -- some favor reward or somesuch.

Maybe tie it to The Twelve favor? 100 Twelve Favor is still only a large ingredient bag, which while handy is nothing spectacular.

100 gets you the bag and the ability to combine wands, so that your 3 charge 11th level Resist wand can be combined with your 38 charge 11th level Resist wand to make a 41 charge 11th level Resist wand?

Memnir
03-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Fantastic idea. :)

/very much signed!

Mad_Bombardier
03-14-2008, 10:17 AM
It would actually be more logical for this to use Eberron Dragonshards.Awesome. Now we just need Eberron Shards. And Siberys Shards (not fragments) need to match the gold color of fragments, since Eberron Shards are crimson.