PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the Master's Touch/Tenser's Transformation lag spike

Fennario
03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Whenever you cast one of these spells, or when the spell ends, your combat log gets bombarded with a huge list of all the weapons you are now proficient with. This causes quite a nasty lag spike. Destroying your combat window is not a workaround either. The lag spike still happens with or without it.

Can maybe this be changed to where it only states that you have been granted simple and martial weapon proficiencies, instead of listing every single weapon??? I mean good grief! :)

I just recently became aware of this problem with my pure Bard Warchanter. I dropped my Greataxe proficiency and just use Master's Touch now. But I cast it so often, and exit quests so often, and use shrines so often, etc., that I'm thinking about picking back up Greataxe because the lag spikes are driving me nuts. Thanks.

Pellegro
03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I can attest. The lag spikes are pretty bad, and my system is really nice.

That said, its over pretty quick .... Not sure I'd say it warrants the resources to actually go in and change it.

ViVid7th
03-11-2008, 07:43 PM
I can attest. The lag spikes are pretty bad, and my system is really nice.

That said, its over pretty quick .... Not sure I'd say it warrants the resources to actually go in and change it.

This is the problem. You have a 'really nice' system yet you are still getting lag. You can't judge how bad the lag is with your system because there are people that still run on lower systems, which the lag would be allot worse on.

Me? I don't have a problem with it. TS is kinda fun actually.

cpampine
03-11-2008, 09:57 PM
ENORMOUS PROBLEM here too. So broken. There seems to be a direct correlation between network congestion and lag experienced when using these spells. I've heard people explain that it was a graphics issues with Tensor's, but it seems more evident that that the problem stems from the granting of each feat individually rather than any graphics issue.

tihocan
03-12-2008, 01:29 PM
/agreed We don't need all this spam in the combat log

MrCow
03-12-2008, 01:43 PM
The lag from Master's Touch and Tenser's Transformation is that they cause a "Please Wait..." screen in your feats window as it updates the feats.

tihocan
03-14-2008, 07:07 AM
The lag from Master's Touch and Tenser's Transformation is that they cause a "Please Wait..." screen in your feats window as it updates the feats.
But it still lags when the feat windows is closed... so I think it's hard to tell exactly where the lag comes from.

MrCow
03-14-2008, 11:39 AM
But it still lags when the feat windows is closed...

As does the enhancement window (on the player sheet), regardless of if they are open or closed.

Ask to respec your enhancements and that triggers lag as it cycles through and removes each enhancement. Purchase enhancements (the more enhancements, the longer the duration) and you will get lag as each enhancement is added. Both of these trigger a "Please Wait..." window.

Strakeln
03-14-2008, 12:22 PM
As does the enhancement window (on the player sheet), regardless of if they are open or closed.

Ask to respec your enhancements and that triggers lag as it cycles through and removes each enhancement. Purchase enhancements (the more enhancements, the longer the duration) and you will get lag as each enhancement is added. Both of these trigger a "Please Wait..." window.Ah-ha! Look! See, someone else understands too!

/thought I was the only one that correlated the addition of feats with the lag