PDA

View Full Version : longsword vs kopesh

D'rin
03-11-2008, 12:03 AM
In the hands of an elf if my calculations are correct the longsword is just as damaging as the kopesh. Plus and elf with some pally can get an extra +1 tohit over the kopesh users. Am I wrong in this.

Mad_Bombardier
03-11-2008, 10:17 AM
IIRC, Rapier is as damaging as Khopesh because it has a wider crit range (and less multiplier). Longsword has same crit range and less multiplier, so is less damaging.

sigtrent
03-11-2008, 11:31 AM
It depends.... The op is comparing longsword with elf bonuses vs kopesh so its not quite black and white.

Generaly if you do a lot of damage, the kopesh is better because the crit damage (it does twice the crittical damage of a long sword) will outpace the +2 damage from the elven enhancments and many characters can already hit reliably.

Rapier on the other hand is a bit closer. It has a lower crit multiplier but crits 33% more often. While ultimately not quite as good as a kopesh by itself, it takes more damage for the kopesh to come out on top.

The Rapier is almost always better than the longsword.

D'rin
03-11-2008, 01:29 PM
That is what I thought. The questions was wether with elven bonsuses the longsword compared well. I already have 2 rapier wielders so I may just have to try and fit the kopesh in my fighter build that I am working on. I know the rapier is just about as good as the kopesh and in the hands of an elf or drow actually better most of the time. But good rapiers are already getting hard to find and like I said I already have 2 rapier wielders.