PDA

View Full Version : question about the invasion....

Kris_P._Letus
03-10-2008, 05:39 PM
so, after watching a video or 2, i noticed something i was wondering about during the invasion. what were those orb things that were attached to the devils/floating around? they were yellow, blue and green, looked like stars surrounded by circles. anyone know?

Zor_Prime
03-10-2008, 05:53 PM
so, after watching a video or 2, i noticed something i was wondering about during the invasion. what were those orb things that were attached to the devils/floating around? they were yellow, blue and green, looked like stars surrounded by circles. anyone know?

They made the MOB impervious to lag.

Angelus_dead
03-10-2008, 06:13 PM
they were yellow, blue and green, looked like stars surrounded by circles. anyone know?
They weren't new to the marketplace invasion. You see them on devils often, especially in shroud pt2. I guess it might be some graphical trail relating to their teleport power.

Kris_P._Letus
03-10-2008, 06:25 PM
They weren't new to the marketplace invasion. You see them on devils often, especially in shroud pt2. I guess it might be some graphical trail relating to their teleport power.

makes sense then. ive yet to run the shroud, so id never see them there. and the only quest where ive actually paid attention to the devils is rainbow, and ive never paid attention before. thanks for the answers.

lenric
03-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Those little orbs are actually more than that, and they only appear on the bosses in the second part of the shroud. Some of the devils spawned during the night were the red named ones from the shroud part two, this was to provide us harder creatures to fight I am sure w/out just pumping up the CR as these named creatures had extra abilities, i.e. the kobolds vorpal. Anyway back to the orbs.

The orbs around the base of those particular mobs represents their healing factor. Each mob has his own orb around him at all times and heals from it, whenever two or more of those mobs are in close proximity to one another they gain the others orb in addition to their own floating around them, each additional orb increases the factor by which the mob heals. The more mobs in proximity the more orbs each mob has, the more orbs a mob has the quicker its healing rate. This is why you need some great dps if you are to fight all four of the mobs together in the 2nd part of the shroud and most groups pull them apart so that their healing speed is reduced.

Anyway, tell me if I'm wrong but I am 98% certain this is the purpose of our little orb friends.