PDA

View Full Version : Righteous Warrior: The ultimated Paladin dps enhancement

RavenStormclaw
03-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Righteous Warrior: The pureness of your hatred for evil and your dedication to the cause of good have attracted the blessing of your god. This blessing grants you continous use of smite evil as a constant effect and allows you to transfer some power to your allies for a short while. Smite evil is now a constant effect for you. You can now grant one ally a 20 second burst of smite evil up to the number of smite evils per day you previously had. Prerequisites: All extra smite evil enhancements, 14th level Paladin, AP cost 6

This should significantly improve Paladin dps

Mad_Bombardier
03-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah, that would do it. And at least you put high pre-reqs and cost with it (L14, 10 AP spent on Extra Smite Evil, 6 AP cost).

But, so would Smite Evil as a 20s boost instead of single swing.

Turial
03-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Not bad and the boost to an party member is in keeping with the current abilities that blanket members within a particular range.

RavenStormclaw
03-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I agree with smite evil as a 20 second burst as well available at lower levels perhaps going up the extra smite evil chain gets you from extra use to 10 second burst to 20 second burst to eventually Righteous Warrior.

Dexxaan
03-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Woop DE-Doo.

Can't say I'm Impressed....Turning a Holy Warrior into a Holy-Bard?

LAME.

Maybe the whole Community hasn't expressed CLEARLY ENOUGH that we want THE PALADIN to be more Powerful and Gifted.... Geesh. (He's the one that's dedicated and Holy....right?)

Yaga_Nub
03-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Woop DE-Doo.

Can't say I'm Impressed....Turning a Holy Warrior into a Holy-Bard?

LAME.

Maybe the whole Community hasn't expressed CLEARLY ENOUGH that we want THE PALADIN to be more Powerful and Gifted.... Geesh. (He's the one that's dedicated and Holy....right?)

Well the way I read that, THE PALADIN would have PERMANENT Holy Smite with this and the group would have 20 second Holy Smites. Group buffing is sort of what Paladins are about in DDO and PERMANENT Holy Smite would be a HUGE boost for a paladin.

RavenStormclaw
03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Yaga is correct at the Righteous Warrior level THE PALADIN has permanent smite evil always active and gets to give out small bursts to others. That is THE PALADIN people want.

Dexxaan
03-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I must apologize for lack of attentive reading of OP. :(

Should be working not reading Forums anyway :D.

Perma-Smite would be awesome...But I say screw the rest....let the Bard's Buff em :eek:

captain1z
03-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I think permanent smite evil would be very over-powered.

however........ if for 20 secs with a cooldown timer the paladin got free use of smiting and granted a bonus to damage to allies of his choosing equal to his charisma bonus.... this may be a bit more plausable.

cdbd3rd
03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Perma-Smite would be awesome...But I say screw the rest....let the Bard's Buff em :eek:

Paladin... :D

FTW.;)