PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Server

kmhknight
03-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Quick question for you folks: Are any of the servers considered a roleplaying server? If not, then I will search Kyber for a roleplaying guild.

I ask this because I am a little sick and tired of seeing "ChuckNorris OwnsU" running around... kind of kills the mood lol ;)...

Delt
03-10-2008, 11:35 AM
In my opinion, it's a sign of a bad roleplayer that can't RP the usual silliness of MMO's (like names) away easily.

However, Thelanis seems to have an active RP community...at least, that's what I gather whenever I walk in the tavern by the Market bank and stumble into constant odd and creepy roleplayed conversations. /shrug

tihocan
03-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Thelanis and Sarlona used to be the "unofficial" RP servers, but that was before the merge. You should be able to find RP guilds on all servers now.

Ringos
03-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Look to Thelanis for RP. I know there seems to be an active RP community, as stated prior. I sometimes stop by the Phoenix Tavern to sit and listen to the RPers. Check out the guild list on the Thelanis board to find a good one. (I would mention a couple but I don't want to leave anyone out!)

Good luck!

Impaqt
03-10-2008, 11:50 AM
I believe Order of the Sword and Rose is the most active RP Guild in Thelanis right now. There are a couple more as well.

As much as Xoriatians hate to admit it, many of them are role players as well... Just a different base than the Thelanians.....:cool:

kmhknight
03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the replies, folks. I will check my server for an RP guild, if I cannot find one then I will look into Thelanis.

Delt, it is not so much about " roleplaying someone's name away" as it is being harassed by a large community of Legolazzes, ChuckNorris's, and Drizzittss. If you have much MMO experience, you would know that MOST RP servers in MOST MMO's have a large community of mature players (and yes, some can be creepy). My wife and I have been out of this game for quite a while and we are having a lot of trouble finding this type of community or guild on our server.

Once again, thanks for the tips and pointing me in the right direction.

Delt
03-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Delt, it is not so much about " roleplaying someone's name away" as it is being harassed by a large community of Legolazzes, ChuckNorris's, and Drizzittss.

So people with un-RP'd names are actively hunting down you and your wife to harrass you? Guess I'm confused...I've been playing DDO for a long while, and I've never encountered that kind of behaviour. Maybe I'm just lucky...?

Edited: meh, I don't want to pick a fight over something so silly (even if I am likely right :) )

AoD45154
03-10-2008, 02:06 PM
The Forsworn 'RP' is a Sarlona rp guild. We are actively recruiting. We are a mature friendly group, with a family atmosphere. Many members are married with children, careers, etc. Many of us are current or former PnP players. Many of us have played DDO since the beginning. We have had a few recruits lately that have just returned to DDO, as well as many that are completely new to the game. We have a wide range of levels, too.
Our forum link is in my signature if you'd like to have a look. :)

Thanks!
Salina Eventar

RazorrX
03-10-2008, 02:09 PM
There are no official RP servers. Thelanis and Sarlona used to be the 'unofficial' RP servers, but there was a server merge so they kind of became a bit more diluted. ;)

If you are looking for a RP server like in some other MMOs where they have naming regs and such you are not going to find one.