PDA

View Full Version : Fighter/Barb a good solo multiclass?

roblinb
03-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone... I played DDO for about three days when it first came out, but had to cut my gaming short because I used to be in the military and was deploying. I recently got my honorable discharge and picked the game back up. I have a few noob questions for you all.

I want to make a human barbarian/fighter character. Is it a viable solo multiclass? I know it's hard to solo in this game past level 3-4, but to start will I do well like this? I'm not really interested in tanking, I prefer a dps fighter with strong offensive ability. I was thinking about going dual wield with a longsword/mace combo or something. This probably sounds like a noob thread... which it more or less is... but my highest toon before was a level 3 ranger lol... and I know the game has changed since I last played.

I know the community here is pretty friendly and helpful... so thanks in advance for any good tips or advice!

Hanam
03-10-2008, 01:07 AM
You can't heal yourself.

JFeenstra
03-10-2008, 01:17 AM
best solo class:

wf wizard 15/1 rogue

other options:

cleric 15/ 1 fighter
sorc 16
ranger (multiple builds)

basically any class that can UMD a heal scroll/use wands can solo, although there's a bunch of classes that are considerably better at it

Strakeln
03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
You can't heal yourself.Correction: you may not be able to afford to heal yourself.