PDA

View Full Version : Mail Issue / Issue with Sr. GMs

Pecky
03-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Sparker,

Please have a word with your Sr. GMs. I have filed two tickets today and both of which have been closed without a single /tell. One was closed by Glandore and the other has no ones name attached to it.

The ticket numbers are: 664414 and 666089.

The issue pertains to a set of mithral full plate that went missing in the mail system. I know you have the ability to track down a missing item and return it if its actually an issue of it gone missing via a bug or issue with the mail system. I understand that if I typed the name wrong then its my fault. What I would like to know is if its an actual issue with the mail system eating the item or dropping it in a dead mailbox somewhere or if it was a human error in my typing. If it was a human error, could you please tell me who I mailed it to so that I might contact them and see if they'll return it?

Again, I am extremely frustrated by the fact that the Sr. GMs feel it appropriate to just close issues without even talking to the person who filed it. I think that is totally inappropriate behavior by customer service.

If you want more information, I can PM you with what you might require.

Thanks!

PS - This happened on Sarlona, if that helps.

Sparker
03-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Information regarding your report was added to your first help request. Your second request was closed as it was a duplicate of the first and all relevant information about the incident was already noted on your first report. You can read these notes in the Help section which allows you to track the ticket activity.

Sparker,

Please have a word with your Sr. GMs. I have filed two tickets today and both of which have been closed without a single /tell. One was closed by Glandore and the other has no ones name attached to it.

The ticket numbers are: 664414 and 666089.

The issue pertains to a set of mithral full plate that went missing in the mail system. I know you have the ability to track down a missing item and return it if its actually an issue of it gone missing via a bug or issue with the mail system. I understand that if I typed the name wrong then its my fault. What I would like to know is if its an actual issue with the mail system eating the item or dropping it in a dead mailbox somewhere or if it was a human error in my typing. If it was a human error, could you please tell me who I mailed it to so that I might contact them and see if they'll return it?

Again, I am extremely frustrated by the fact that the Sr. GMs feel it appropriate to just close issues without even talking to the person who filed it. I think that is totally inappropriate behavior by customer service.

If you want more information, I can PM you with what you might require.

Thanks!

PS - This happened on Sarlona, if that helps.

Pecky
03-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Sparker,

Stating that its not a known issue with the mail system and you can't duplicate it is not a very good answer. Not to mention the fact that the ticket was closed WITHOUT any sort of /tell informing me of what was going on is extremely poor customer service. If you called Dell about your computer issue and they hung up on you, would you accept that as appropriate? Is that how YOU expect to be treated by the customer service of other companies? Is this the way you want Turbine portrayed to paying customers?

How is this an answer:

After researching your report of a missing item, we've determined that what you have described cannot be reconciled with any current known issue regarding the in-game mail system. Furthermore, we have been unable to specifically reproduce what you have described, nor can we identify anything in the game logs that would support a game error having caused a problem.There have been multiple cases of items gone missing in the mail system. I would encourage anyone who has been a victim of it to speak up. The fact that you have a canned response that can be used at a click of a button doesn't solve anything. Infact, I don't believe that Glandore even did anything as far as checking. It is my opinion that the issue was simply closed, hence the fact that he or she didn't even have the courtesy to tell me. Instead I was stuck waiting for hours without a reply because we all know that the moment you log out, support closes your ticket.

If it was a human error on my part, I would like to know WHO I mailed the item to so I might contact them and see if they are an active player. It appears by the ticket response that logs are kept (and we know they are as Turbine has, infact, tracked mail in the past) and you have a nice timestamp to use for locating the actual mail entry. Go back about 10 minutes before I sent the ticket in and you'll find the mail entry I bet. Since I mailed the item then swapped characters. I didn't find the item in the mail on the other character so I swapped back and checked the one I mailed it from. It was not in that characters inventory nor mailbox so I swapped back and sent in the ticket. That was only a matter of a few minutes.

I would appreciate that information.

Thank you.

Falco_Easts
03-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Did you receive the mail with no attachment or not receive the mail at all?
If you did not receive at all, it obviously went to someone else. Try sending mail to similar variations of the name you tried to send it to. When you get one, send an email explaining you think you sent this item to them in error and would like it back. Might work in the meantime.

Freeman
03-14-2008, 07:40 AM
If you sent it to a mailbox that isn't in use, then it will come back to you eventually.(What is it, 28 days or something like that?) If the account is still in use, then the person who received it would have the option of either keeping it or sending it back. I'd hope the majority of people would realize how valuable it was and return it, but there's always going to be some that would keep it. Your best bet right now is just to wait and hope it comes back eventually.