PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Counter Assault!

Veheer
03-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Finally, we have had a breakthrough. The true intention of the devils was difficult to ascertain, but our research has revealed that they are planning something massive. These smaller attacks have sought to confuse us and have been little more than a minor nuisance. Our enemy is more powerful than they have let on and we must be prepared to withstand their strongest force. We have put in place a strategic defense plan and we implore all adventurers of Stormreach to gather around the Tent between 8:30pm and 10:30pm Eastern on Saturday. At that time we will make our move. We must head off their nefarious scheme and begin the process of breaching the barrier surrounding the Market Tent so that we may take the fight to their home plane of Shavarath! Anything short of complete victory is not acceptable, we cannot back down until that barrier is down, and we must do everything in our power to defend Stormreach! Until then, be vigilant friends.

Kadagan
03-07-2008, 05:15 PM
be there or be square!

CaptGrim
03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
so that we may take the fight to their home plane of Shavarath!

If this is true and adds an event instance this will be tolly awesome :D

Kisaragi
03-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Finally, we have had a breakthrough. The true intention of the devils was difficult to ascertain, but our research has revealed that they are planning something massive. These smaller attacks have sought to confuse us and have been little more than a minor nuisance. Our enemy is more powerful than they have let on and we must be prepared to withstand their strongest force. We have put in place a strategic defense plan and we implore all adventurers of Stormreach to gather around the Tent between 8:30pm and 9:30pm Eastern on Saturday. At that time we will make our move. We must head off their nefarious scheme and begin the process of breaching the barrier surrounding the Market Tent so that we may take the fight to their home plane of Shavarath! Anything short of complete victory is not acceptable, we cannot back down until that barrier is down, and we must do everything in our power to defend Stormreach! Until then, be vigilant friends.

Make us some banishing weaponry then. Everyone who participates should get something. Otherwise we're looking a whole lot of death for just really high repair bills. I'm starting to put my foot down. If the city wants us to protect it, then the city should support us. That means the houses, the twelve, the coin lords, everybody. Not just "Oh well, we can't be bothered."

I have no problems letting the devils rip the coin lords a new one. We need everyone to be involved. This is not players defend the city while everyone else sits on the sidelines. We don't have titles, money, or the really rare artifacts. I call the twelve cowards, I call the coin lords weaklings, I call the houses useless.

What? O.o;;
Look just because I'm a lawful good drow doesn't tell you which laws I follow, or how good I am at it.

Big_Russ
03-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Between 8:30 and 9:30?!?!?!? Are you KIDDING me?!?!?

Jaywade
03-07-2008, 05:27 PM
my only issue is trying to firgue our which alt I want to defend /destroy with????????? can't wait

Revenant15
03-07-2008, 05:31 PM

hey we asked for it. everybody kept complaining about it "not starting on time". its actually kind of funny. they covered themselves this time. i can't help but laugh :p

Freeman
03-07-2008, 05:33 PM
I, for one, would like to welcome our new Devil Overlords. Should you need assistance in enslaving the local population, I would be happy to offer any services that I can. I think you'll find the Halflings here to be particularly tasty. The dwarves, while smelly and tough to chew, make excellent slave labor, and they are perfectly suited for mining and factory work, should you wish to expand your invasion to other areas in the future.

It never hurts to cover your bases in case the other side wins ;)

Ciaran
03-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Make us some banishing weaponry then. Everyone who participates should get something. Otherwise we're looking a whole lot of death for just really high repair bills. I'm starting to put my foot down. If the city wants us to protect it, then the city should support us. That means the houses, the twelve, the coin lords, everybody. Not just "Oh well, we can't be bothered."

I have no problems letting the devils rip the coin lords a new one. We need everyone to be involved. This is not players defend the city while everyone else sits on the sidelines. We don't have titles, money, or the really rare artifacts. I call the twelve cowards, I call the coin lords weaklings, I call the houses useless.

What? O.o;;
Look just because I'm a lawful good drow doesn't tell you which laws I follow, or how good I am at it.

Um, if we are fighting them on their home plane why would you want a banisher?

Big_Russ
03-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Furthermore, from a roleplaying perspective, if we are organizing a counter attack, WHY WOULDN'T WE LET THOSE INVOLVED KNOW THE EXACT TIME OF THE ASSAULT?!?!?

flamberg
03-07-2008, 05:38 PM
There are gamers out there that work during these times. We have been left out of all the fun. I work 24 hours on and 48 hrs off not always easy to get off. The schedule that has been set up is every third day so have missed all the events. I am not so happy about this. When planning something like this there should be some thought hey we need to do this at different intervals so people who work may have the chance to participate. Yes some people would be able to do it alot but you have left out all the 2nd shift workers and people that work like I do.

issiana
03-07-2008, 05:40 PM
The question is, though, why would the devs think it is FUN to stand around for an hour.

Stupid, stupid decision.

ya know it is possible that the event is set to run for 1 hour, hence the 8.30 - 9.30 timeline.

Yoseph
03-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Oh I get it. The Devils are playing the Tarheels at 9:00 so they figure that would be a great distraction and the perfect time to attack.

Garth_of_Sarlona
03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Furthermore, from a roleplaying perspective, if we are organizing a counter attack, WHY WOULDN'T WE LET THOSE INVOLVED KNOW THE EXACT TIME OF THE ASSAULT?!?!?

Just as we can't access the Shavarath forums from the material plane, we have to assume that the devils can't read our forums or the game is already lost.

I can just imagine the posts in the Shavarath forums:

'I spawned into the marketplace and I got ganked by 6, level 16 humans - this live event SUX!' - BeardedDevil0

Let's hope enough of them cancel their DDO subscriptions to allow for our victory!

Garth

Big_Russ
03-07-2008, 05:45 PM
ya know it is possible that the event is set to run for 1 hour, hence the 8.30 - 9.30 timeline.

I'll be happy to eat my words if this is the case, but given the lack of punctuality of the previous events, the fact that NONE of the others were given a duration in the forums, and the fact that numerous people have complained about standing around, I doubt seriously it is.

Kerr
03-07-2008, 05:55 PM
hey we asked for it. everybody kept complaining about it "not starting on time". its actually kind of funny. they covered themselves this time. i can't help but laugh :p

I'm not even remotely bothered by having a start time listed as 'between 8:30 and 9:30 PM' At least they tell us. If they fail to follow through and it doesn't start during that time frame, however, all the attacks on the Devs are free at that point.

Sad thing is, I won't even be around, as I actually have weekend plans every weekend instead of being in front of the computer until pretty late. So I hope everyone has fun, take plenty of pics.

Braxion
03-07-2008, 06:11 PM

LOL

true true

How funny would it be to "Banish" one, just to have it appear back where it started... right behind you

Caelan
03-07-2008, 06:24 PM
'I spawned into the marketplace and I got ganked by 6, level 16 humans - this live event SUX!' - BeardedDevil0

'then there were these measly lvl 5's running around... i mean, c'mon? where's the challenge? i want some REAL action!!' - Ragin'Ortho-matic67

Boulderun
03-07-2008, 06:25 PM
LOL

true true

How funny would it be to "Banish" one, just to have it appear back where it started... right behind you

Emergency escape route. You can auto-crit yourself, right?

DrAwkward
03-07-2008, 06:40 PM

As a (somewhat painful) escape route?

Pwesiela
03-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Emergency escape route. You can auto-crit yourself, right?

Yeah, the correct statement would be: "lets hope the Devs on the Shavarath server don't up the drop rates of banishing polearms, otherwise we're doomed. See ya back in Stormreach!"

Nevthial
03-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Portsia, Eater of Fire, member of the Guild has cleared the Cerulean Hills and surrounding area for the escape of refugees before the attack.
Though our interests in the city have not changed, the Guild stands behind the defense of the city from these invaders. We will be sending forces to aid in the assault.

Litz
03-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I log in my cleric and cast Detect Evil on Veheer...

Lorien_the_First_One
03-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Would you kindly clarify if the event will start between 8:30 and 9:30 (ie - wait around for up to an hour) or that it will start at 8:30 and continue until 9:30?

Gengulphus
03-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Finally, we have had a breakthrough. The true intention of the devils was difficult to ascertain, but our research has revealed that they are planning something massive. These smaller attacks have sought to confuse us and have been little more than a minor nuisance. Our enemy is more powerful than they have let on and we must be prepared to withstand their strongest force. We have put in place a strategic defense plan and we implore all adventurers of Stormreach to gather around the Tent between 8:30pm and 9:30pm Eastern on Saturday. At that time we will make our move. We must head off their nefarious scheme and begin the process of breaching the barrier surrounding the Market Tent so that we may take the fight to their home plane of Shavarath! Anything short of complete victory is not acceptable, we cannot back down until that barrier is down, and we must do everything in our power to defend Stormreach! Until then, be vigilant friends.

Put your hands up and back up against the wall, Veheer F'NORD - yeah, that's right, this paladin is busting you!

I know full well what a "fnord" is and I'm not going to remain silent any longer!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be used against you in the Stormreach tribunal!!!

I've got my eyes on you, FNORD.

That's right, no FNORD can remain in my subconscious. I'm blowing your cover for the clever of Stormreach, FNORD.

Down with discord, up with justice and goodness!!!

Watch it, F'nord.

F'nord.

F-N-O-R-D.

Open your eyes people!!! It's a conspiracy!!!

Signed,
Gengulphus of Stormreach
Paladin

Veheer
03-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I log in my cleric and cast Detect Evil on Veheer...

/banish-outside-city-walls

sirgog
03-08-2008, 01:02 AM

Yeah, kinda like arguing with the neighbour about their lawnmower's noise, going to their house and screaming "GO HOME!!!!!" at them.

sirgog
03-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Just as we can't access the Shavarath forums from the material plane, we have to assume that the devils can't read our forums or the game is already lost.

I can just imagine the posts in the Shavarath forums:

Let's hope enough of them cancel their DDO subscriptions to allow for our victory!

Garth

So funny.

I'm snorting Coke out my nose laughing at that now.

(Coca-cola, not the other coke)

Litz
03-08-2008, 03:28 AM
/banish-outside-city-walls

roll for initiative..

Luthen
03-08-2008, 03:41 AM

What they're implying is "8:30 - 9:30pm ish" :p

Revenant15
03-08-2008, 03:50 AM
roll for initiative..

oohhh...PnP on the forums!! I rolled an 18, +8 from my dex mod, equals...26....ok, who's next?:D

Kreaper
03-08-2008, 07:57 AM
LOL

true true

If we are in their plane and banish them, wouldn't that send them to Stormreach?

I think Kisaragi is a Shavarath agent trying to trick us into helping them invade Stormreach! :eek:

TommyBoy
03-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Unless your trying to make the tent a zoo then I dont think your barrier worked

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4795/screenshot00423su6.jpg

sirgog
03-08-2008, 08:46 AM

I'd kill to be able to drop a Symbol of Persuasion in the marketplace, to make some of those devils go postal inside the tent.

Asgeirr
03-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Put your hands up and back up against the wall, Veheer F'NORD - yeah, that's right, this paladin is busting you!

I know full well what a "fnord" is and I'm not going to remain silent any longer!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be used against you in the Stormreach tribunal!!!

I've got my eyes on you, FNORD.

That's right, no FNORD can remain in my subconscious. I'm blowing your cover for the clever of Stormreach, FNORD.

Down with discord, up with justice and goodness!!!

Gengulphus...I had some trouble reading parts of your post.

-------------------
If you can't see them, they won't eat you

Lorien_the_First_One
03-08-2008, 08:52 AM
oohhh...PnP on the forums!! I rolled an 18, +8 from my dex mod, equals...26....ok, who's next?:D

I rolled 16 +7 for dex, but fortunately i took improved initiative so that's another +4, 27 for me.

Maghantah
03-08-2008, 12:30 PM
I, for one, would like to welcome our new Devil Overlords. Should you need assistance in enslaving the local population, I would be happy to offer any services that I can. I think you'll find the Halflings here to be particularly tasty. The dwarves, while smelly and tough to chew, make excellent slave labor, and they are perfectly suited for mining and factory work, should you wish to expand your invasion to other areas in the future.

It never hurts to cover your bases in case the other side wins ;)

HAHAHA

Good points all!

mistygo
03-08-2008, 06:15 PM

No it is at 8:30 and 9:30 Otherwise all thinsg will be normal

trptim
03-08-2008, 06:36 PM
. We have put in place a strategic defense plan and we implore all adventurers of Stormreach to gather around the Tent between 8:30pm and 10:30pm Eastern on Saturday. .

Now the time is from 8:30 to 10:30, does that mean we have more killing time, or just more waiting time?:confused:

popltree2
03-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Betting on more waiting time but hoping on more killing. Only they decide..

Adanedhel
03-08-2008, 07:05 PM

It keeps them from flinging the devil p**p at ya....

Jonas_Parteen
03-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Lag out the wazoo. I can not beleive that the devs did this. Whose brainy idea was that? Thanks for reducing the amount of enjoyment that I will say several of us are experienceing. Stuck on loading screen for 10 minutes then crash, then try to get back in. No one can hear me in my party and it says I am not ina guild. *** is that all about? Seriously someone needs to own up to this fiasco and get fired.

/2 cents

Tylarra
03-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Would be nice to take part in the counter assault, but the lag is so horrific that you die before you can even get a hit, heal or spell off. This lag has got to be fixed or Stormreach will be lost to Shavarrath.

GlassCannon
03-08-2008, 08:17 PM
My main was forced out of the fight by several sets of repair bills of over 16,000 gold.

She is bankrupt and now cannot function.

I hate this Death Tax.

Avernus
03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
they added time to account for the MMMMMAAAASSSSSIVE amounts of lag that we are getting.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Nice how they added an hour by altering the original message and pretending it always said 10:30

So we showed up for a counter offensive...so far its still all the same defense... guy up top isn't saying anything new... no world broadcasts

Crappy crappy scripting.