PDA

View Full Version : error ban?

death_smurf
03-07-2008, 01:51 PM
one of the officers of my guild was logged in around 12:45 pm this afternoon and was switching up some of his enhancements when he minimized his window and received an error and a message stating he was banned then disconnected from the game. no warning no gm contact etc. he can not logg in to contact customer service so he is wondering what he should do? The officer in question is a great player, and awsome guildie, and a good friend and i can not come up with any reason he would of received a ban especially one without a reason why?

If possible i would like to know what he can do about the situation. If their is a valid reason he was banned ok then i understand but i don't beleive changing enhancements should be a banable offense.

Oreg
03-07-2008, 01:53 PM
If possible i would like to know what he can do about the situation. If their is a valid reason he was banned ok then i understand but i don't beleive changing enhancements should be a banable offense.

don't be silly - it obviously isn't that. have him contact Tolero or +Sparker on the forums and see if either of them can help shed some light.

edit - and by contact I mean send a PM not a forum thread.

death_smurf
03-07-2008, 01:54 PM
if i choose to add some levity to avoid saying whats really on my mind im pretty sure thats well within the bounds of reason. also he doesnt have forum acces since his ban

Oreg
03-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Hmm send a PM on his behalf then. I seem to recall that working well for another player some months ago.

death_smurf
03-07-2008, 02:02 PM
ty il try that

Rowanheal
03-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Well one of the problems with discipline is it takes place privately... so I am not sure what you can do for him besides alert Tolero and Sparker to e-mail him and for him to watch his inbox.

Also, I am always one for calling. I like actual people to have to tell me what it is they think they are doing. There is a phone number around here somewhere... Q posted it. Will try and track it down for you. (found it Account Support at 781-407-4000)

Wish you luck... heck of a time to have issues getting in game.

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

death_smurf
03-07-2008, 02:08 PM
ty Rowan, much appreciated. Honestly just very supprised i dont recall anyone being banned in game in that manner without any sort of discussion beforehand with cs or a gm. and i agree speaking to someone is usually best.

Impaqt
03-07-2008, 02:12 PM
He should of gotten an Email regarding the Ban.

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail_qaonly.asp?kbid=18&ao=t

Has a Link on it for live Chat Support

Sparker
03-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Please PM me with the character name and server this happened on and I will look into this further for them.

one of the officers of my guild was logged in around 12:45 pm this afternoon and was switching up some of his enhancements when he minimized his window and received an error and a message stating he was banned then disconnected from the game. no warning no gm contact etc. he can not logg in to contact customer service so he is wondering what he should do? The officer in question is a great player, and awsome guildie, and a good friend and i can not come up with any reason he would of received a ban especially one without a reason why?