PDA

View Full Version : Battle Clerics still hated?

Dreadmaster
03-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Heya,

Played DDO long time ago, and had a Battle cleric, that could heal or fight equally well, but people still talked trash because I didnt conform to their version of cleric. This has always been my favorite class to play, and I really enjoy it. Not sure id wanna go through that heartache again, but I find myself being pulled back to the good ole Battle cleric.

So, Im really asking...is it safe to be a healing, fighting cleric now? in P&P Battle clerics are very tough SOBs, as they are in DDO. Still though it seemed the better I did, the more I was hated for it. Kinda a no win situation.

Thanks

Borror0
03-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Depends on how skilled you are and with who you play.

Some players are there and wait for heals, other don't mind drink potions. If you can truely heal and fight, if you know when to back up and heal so the quest ends (ie no wipe), well you'll be appreciated. There will always be closed minds that will think with the clerics are healbots mentality, but so is life. If your player are self-suficient and don't mind taking some of the questing cost on them (ie buying potions), well everything will go fine.:)

A few friends of mine play battle clerics and are appreciated by most party they are in, but there will always be whiners and bad parties.

Hope that helps.

Deaths_ward
03-07-2008, 02:11 AM
I generally will only take battle clerics if I can't find another combat type. Mostly because every "Battle cleric" I've played with wont even cast a heal to bring an unconscious character positive. I don't mind clerics that step up and swing, and I don't mind a combat medic, but if you're a pure 'combat' cleric I'll stick you in the same slot I stick a sorcerer/wizard, and generally I'll just take the sorcerer/wizard.

twix
03-07-2008, 02:29 AM
I gotta a battle cleric and love him.The reason they get so much bad hype is cause there are idiots who think makeing a battle cleric means you heal yourself and fight and thats it.Which is untrue obviously.A battle cleric takes on two roles a party healer and a tank.I can do both at once and dont think ive had a bad party yet.When i first join people are very hesitent if they havent grouped with me before but by the time the quest is over they have new found a whole new respect for bcs.Gotta love owning the kill count and keeping everyone alive :)

Borror0
03-07-2008, 02:38 AM
I generally will only take battle clerics if I can't find another combat type. Mostly because every "Battle cleric" I've played with wont even cast a heal to bring an unconscious character positive. I don't mind clerics that step up and swing, and I don't mind a combat medic, but if you're a pure 'combat' cleric I'll stick you in the same slot I stick a sorcerer/wizard, and generally I'll just take the sorcerer/wizard.

You still work with class slots? Yikes.

When will people understand that you don't need a healer or a caster to get a quest done? That there is no perfect make up? When will people understand that most parties that make it through most quests as long as you play with everyone's strength, as a team? I guess never...

I *never* wait for a cleric when leveling up, at least 'til I reach quests where potions cannot keep up with damage dealt. At that point, I either make sure that most party members are kick ass enough or that I have a cleric, but clerics are never needed... except in raids and some very hard quests.

sirgog
03-07-2008, 03:23 AM
I gotta a battle cleric and love him.The reason they get so much bad hype is cause there are idiots who think makeing a battle cleric means you heal yourself and fight and thats it.Which is untrue obviously.A battle cleric takes on two roles a party healer and a tank.I can do both at once and dont think ive had a bad party yet.When i first join people are very hesitent if they havent grouped with me before but by the time the quest is over they have new found a whole new respect for bcs.Gotta love owning the kill count and keeping everyone alive :)

There's a very small number of battleclerics like that out there.

The key thing is making sure the party knows your role, and takes notice of your classes. My BC Numot is a Clr15/Ftr1, and as such is almost as good at healing as a Clr15 (although I have less SP from lower Wisdom as my Str was given precedence over Wis, and I have no positive energy crit enhancements/gear, but I do have +40% positive enhancements, Empower Healing and can swap in Sup Pot 6 for bigger burst healing). I'd be happy to take a Clr15 as sole healer in any quest save raids or Hard/Elite Running with the Devils, so Numot can play a healer role in almost any quest.

Basically Numot sacrifices about 10-15% of healing capability (and about 60% of offensive casting capability) to gain about 85% of the combat capability of a dedicated melee-type, and incredible survivability to top it off.

But something like a Clr11/Rog3/Pal2 or Clr11/Ftr2/Pal3 is very different. Such a character should be seen solely as a fighter type, that buffs, mass cures and selfheals (vaguely like a Warchanter). Unfortunately, such a build will appear in the party display as a Cleric icon. It's these builds, that sacrifice 2/3 of their healing potential to fight, that disappoint parties that expect a Cleric but get a melee DPS machine instead.

Battleclerics that are clear about their role are respected on DDO as one of the most versatile builds in the game, but there is a minority of (mostly weak) players that hate them.

Dreadmaster
03-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Wow, great feedback.

Back in my day, my name was Phalanx, on Sarlona. I actually became pretty infamous. Simply because a player that shall remain nameless grouped with me, and was seriously upset that I was fighting as well as healing, and I was the parties main healer as well (No wipes, all was well, but that didnt matter). Before ya knew it I was infamous. I would hear..."Hey isnt he that Battle cleric?"...it wore on me and I left the class even though it was simply amazing to play and his staying power was awesome. I always said only two things will survive WW3, roaches and battle clerics, simply because they can survive so much because of healing, and spells such as energy resists etc, etc.

Its a hard match up to play but I love it.

Thanks again for the feedback and I shall roll my battle cleric. I'm thinking Fighter 2/ Paladin 2/ Cleric 12 Human as usual.

Shaamis
03-07-2008, 06:51 AM
I'd go more like pal3/cleric 13, humans get an extra prof. already, unless you really NEED that +1 str enhancement.

3 pal gets you fear imunity, and 13 cleric gets you 7th level spells.

If you level incredibly fast, I'd go that route.

I made a battlebard a while back, and regret taking 2ftr/2 barb levels, just my opinion though

Solieri
03-07-2008, 07:22 AM
I prefer to stay back and only focus on healing/buffing... will groups think I am a moocher or is that generally ok?

tman
03-07-2008, 07:38 AM
I think you need to be flexible in your playstyle. My build is set up as a nullification cleric meaning my enhancements and gear support necromancy spells. Therefore, I don't have all the bonuses to healing that main healing clerics have, but I can still cast healing spells pretty effectively. I will step back in situations and spam heals on the party when the situation calls for it. A battle cleric that is a team player and understands the strengths and weaknesses of the party can be an effective asset to a group. Good battle clerics know when to step back and heal, and know when to step up and crack a skull. I also think those players who stereotype clerics into a "healbot" should limit themselves to playing "healbot" clerics.

Dreadmaster
03-07-2008, 08:06 AM
. I also think those players who stereotype clerics into a "healbot" should limit themselves to playing "healbot" clerics.

QFT, and then some!

Im certainly worried about not getting 9th level spells eventually but, I really like those two extra feats. I mess around with it a lil and see what I can come up with. I really love Stunning blow, and Sap looks nice too. CC is always good. Does fear play a large role in the late game? Enough to warrant a 3rd level of Paladin?

Arianrhod
03-07-2008, 08:06 AM
I prefer to stay back and only focus on healing/buffing... will groups think I am a moocher or is that generally ok?

As a general rule, as long as your blue bar doesn't stay a lot higher than everyone else's red bars, they'll be satisfied ;)

Zenako
03-07-2008, 08:41 AM
I think you need to be flexible in your playstyle. My build is set up as a nullification cleric meaning my enhancements and gear support necromancy spells. Therefore, I don't have all the bonuses to healing that main healing clerics have, but I can still cast healing spells pretty effectively. I will step back in situations and spam heals on the party when the situation calls for it. A battle cleric that is a team player and understands the strengths and weaknesses of the party can be an effective asset to a group. Good battle clerics know when to step back and heal, and know when to step up and crack a skull. I also think those players who stereotype clerics into a "healbot" should limit themselves to playing "healbot" clerics.

You do realize that the Life Magic Enhancements work on healing AND necromancy spells, so you may not be as weak on healing as you think. Basically almost anything that helps a HARM spell will also help a HEAL spell. (Devotions items excepted of course).

arminius
03-07-2008, 09:00 AM
I have what I guess is a battle cleric (X Cler/1 Pal) and I don't feel discriminated against, especially not like I heard tales of in the old days.

One just has to keep balanced and on one's toes, and adapt to situations as they come. If I am in a quest I don't know very well, I healbot with the best of 'em. If I am in, say, Gianthold quests that I know pretty well, I often motor around soundbursting and paralyzing everything on the field of battle, which in the end saves more healing spell points than anything else I could do. Often the party isn't even aware of who or what is immobilizing everything and why they're having such an easy time of it, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Then, if it starts to hit the fan, I just hotkey the potency and/or spell pen items and off I go as standard cleric again.

While it is a little annoying to not get spells till a level after everyone expects, it is balanced out with the increased adaptability and the fact that you don't get the potency items for X level of spell until even-numbered levels anyway, whereas the standard cleric gets the spell the odd-numbered level before.

_

Corwelleon
03-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I agree that is is important to communicate with your party up-front so that there are no misunderstandings. I have a C10/F1 that likes to mix things up some with the enemies. I let the party know to carry some potions but I will typically fight for the first 1/3 of an encounter and then step back and heal if things get rough. I also carry wands to top folks off after combat- and am not bashful about taking-up offerings from the faithful.

I have had a few folks deny my join request, which was fine. But I have had many more that added Mortichia to their Friends list and a few emails with gold attached thanking me etc.

I also have a 32 build "healer" that can't swing a mace to save his life. He's a great party asset, but he bores me to tears to play. I basically use him to support my Guildies in lower level quests as needed.

In summary, YOU have to design a character that works best for YOU. Then, let folks know what you are about and be prepared for some to reject that as all they want is a medic. If you play on Argonessen look for me and my guildies as we will welcome whatever you wish to play.

Corwelleon Arkturus

arminius
03-07-2008, 09:15 AM

You'll actually get more compliments on your clericing from most people by doing this. Most players don't realize what soundburst and destruction, or having an extra tankish sort in the party, for example, can really do for them. The only downsides are boredom, but if you are good with it, then good. I usually go into this mode when I don't know the quest very well or if I'm just really tired.

_

sirgog
03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
QFT, and then some!

Im certainly worried about not getting 9th level spells eventually but, I really like those two extra feats. I mess around with it a lil and see what I can come up with. I really love Stunning blow, and Sap looks nice too. CC is always good. Does fear play a large role in the late game? Enough to warrant a 3rd level of Paladin?

Fear is common and serious at endgame, but easily nullified by other things (gear or Greater Heroism).

I'd be hesitant to recommend Clr11/Pal3/Ftr2 or Clr12/Pal2/Ftr2, however, as you are going to find it difficult to get enough points into Charisma to gain much from the Paladin levels, unless you sacrifice some Constitution or Strength (I assume you'd be playing a low-Wis build here). You'll also lose out on the best spell P&P clerics ever get, which is Mass Heal, as you'll never get level 9 spells.

I'd consider Clr13/Ftr1/Pal2 for a melee-heavy battle cleric.

Kronik
03-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Battle cleric is such a generic term now-a-days. I could be called one because I’m armed with full dragon plate and sword & board with a tower shield and heavy mace. But I can heal as well as any other cleric out there due to some of my other equipt items and feats. Did I mention my new green steel helm that now gives me 2 clickies of stoneskin a day?

Can I hit or crit like a tank – NO! should I try – NO! Can I destruct almost anything with a chant and a point of my finger – YES! And with 1450 spell points, I find that I can be offense as well as defensive all the while filling all of my parties healing needs. I wouldnt waste any more than 2 levels on anything other than fighter or Pali, but that is only my opinion. The more cleric levels you got, the more bad ass your gonna be! My one level of fighter gave me a good feat and tower shield, but I wouldnt be totaly against another level of fighter for the feat.

I think the point here is that a good cleric should be able to hang if things get tough, cause if you go down, it could mean a party wipe!

BGP
03-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Wow, great feedback.

Back in my day, my name was Phalanx, on Sarlona. I actually became pretty infamous. Simply because a player that shall remain nameless grouped with me, and was seriously upset that I was fighting as well as healing, and I was the parties main healer as well (No wipes, all was well, but that didnt matter). Before ya knew it I was infamous. I would hear..."Hey isnt he that Battle cleric?"...it wore on me and I left the class even though it was simply amazing to play and his staying power was awesome. I always said only two things will survive WW3, roaches and battle clerics, simply because they can survive so much because of healing, and spells such as energy resists etc, etc.

Its a hard match up to play but I love it.

Thanks again for the feedback and I shall roll my battle cleric. I'm thinking Fighter 2/ Paladin 2/ Cleric 12 Human as usual.

Yo Phal, you may remember me as Golari, Kirie, or Sigvard. I have also have a capped pure cleric. I heal when I need to. I dont swing a weapon unless it is a joke. And quite often I lead the kill count in the non-raids.

How? Blade Barriers, Always empowered, always extended and often maximized. About 1650 spell points and 300+ HP. AC is now only 28 but I don't wear a shield and gave it up once I got above 300 HP.

Comet fall is killer (high 400's on a crit)

Greater command is killer

Harm is sick

Blade barrier crits for 500/tick

At lvl 11 or so, pure clerics are really fun AND can zerg.

Take Phalanx and you'll still have fun. Darkwalker still plays along with some of the original Crimson Guard. Watch for me online.

Knut

Cowdenicus
03-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Melee clerics = overrated...... in my opinion.

You wanna have fun? play a caster based cleric :D

Some people swear by melee clerics, personally I have a cleric whom with gear walks around with a 24 strength, he hits alright, but nothing hits like blade barrier for a cleric. Nothing.

Dreadmaster
03-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Take Phalanx and you'll still have fun. Darkwalker still plays along with some of the original Crimson Guard. Watch for me online.

Knut

Heya Golari, I do remember you. You must have made an impression cause that was so long ago indeed. Wow is the Crimson guard still active? That would be crazy if it were. Does Elonahir still play? I had some good friends here, and can only wish they still remain. As for Darkwalker he was one of my closest friends and would love to play with him again.

Thanks for your feedback, and Ill see ya in-game. My new character's name is Purifire.

I think Im leaning towards 2 Paladin/ 14 Cleric now. I have to agree the more Cleric levels you haver the better off I will be. Phalanx was simply be Fighter 1/ Cleric 9 with not a single fighter feat, and still was awesome because of Divine favor and Divine power among other things.

Dreadmaster
03-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Melee clerics = overrated...... in my opinion.

You wanna have fun? play a caster based cleric :D

Some people swear by melee clerics, personally I have a cleric whom with gear walks around with a 24 strength, he hits alright, but nothing hits like blade barrier for a cleric. Nothing.

Dont get me wrong, when I say battle cleric, I mean all clerics that arent Healbots. With Phalanx I would cast a lot of spells like Slay living, and negative energy. A good battle cleric relies more heavily on spells imo, as they will do most of your damage for you. I would atack, and after the mele chain cast a negative energy, repeat, for lots of damage.

My Fighter 1/ Cleric 9 had no fighter feats, I used a tower shield and I could get to +30 to hit when flanking. I actually posted screen shots of that +30 to hit at lvl ten, and was swarmed with hate for not being a heal bot, even though I really never had problems healing a party and fighting because I had both mental toughness feats, healing enchants. I also had a very wisdom score for using offense spells netting me a very high SP pool. Back in the day though it didnt matter, people simply hated battle clerics cause they didnt want you spending any of your SPs for anything but heals. Whenever I would use a slay living, I would hear..."Just heal!". Sorry thats not much fun.

BGP
03-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Dont get me wrong, when I say battle cleric, I mean all clerics that arent Healbots. With Phalanx I would cast a lot of spells like Slay living, and negative energy. A good battle cleric relies more heavily on spells imo, as they will do most of your damage for you. I would atack, and after the mele chain cast a negative energy, repeat, for lots of damage.

My Fighter 1/ Cleric 9 had no fighter feats, I used a tower shield and I could get to +30 to hit when flanking. I actually posted screen shots of that +30 to hit at lvl ten, and was swarmed with hate for not being a heal bot, even though I really never had problems healing a party and fighting because I had both mental toughness feats, healing enchants. I also had a very wisdom score for using offense spells netting me a very high SP pool. Back in the day though it didnt matter, people simply hated battle clerics cause they didnt want you spending any of your SPs for anything but heals. Whenever I would use a slay living, I would hear..."Just heal!". Sorry thats not much fun.

Get your butt online line and we'll chat. Dont take any non-cleric lvls until we talk ok? lol See my sig to see who I may be on.

See ya later, will fill you in on the old Crimson Guard people.

Knut

Zarjnn
03-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I hope their still not hated. Can be a very useful class (battle cleric).

Mad_Bombardier
03-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Battle Clerics are not hated, they are feared. That is all. :D

Xaxx
03-08-2008, 10:32 AM
just looking at the first couple posts i think answeres your questions about battle cleric hate.... they'll take a healer who swings a bit but a true combat specced bc, well they're still generally hated.

People dont realize that you can make a really good tank with good offensive spells by letting a cleric make a tank character... alot of battlecleric hate will only stop if they give us the ability to change class insignia from your highest to a choice of which class you have to represent it.

bc hate will only stop when we can put the little fighter or pally icon up instead of the white *heal bot* button.

Dreadmaster
03-08-2008, 11:04 AM
bc hate will only stop when we can put the little fighter or pally icon up instead of the white *heal bot* button.

QFT, such a valid point there. I wonder why they never changed that. Being D&D and all, no one should anything about your character that you dont share. It kinda just pigeon holes you into that icon =(

I guess the cat would be out of the bag the second that orange skull appeared over a mobs head or, you let out a few CMW mass, or raise someone from the dead. I can hear it now.."Hey your a cleric...grab some rope!" LOL exagerated but you get my point.

Seems like clerics would do even better now that Melee action boosts have been toned way down. When I played no one but melee with action boosts could regularly hit certain mobs cause their AC was through the roof, like 50 or something like it.

Elleron
03-08-2008, 11:23 AM
The problem with a battlecleric is that there are way more bad ones than good ones.

Example: Joined a group for stk - human cleric in the group - using an acid bastard sword------battle begins he runs in and dies.....

This confuses me because he ought to be able to take some damage - this happened 3 times.

After talking to him, the thing was is that he was not self casting on himself stuff like bulls str, divine favor and other things - also we explained to him - hey why not let the barbarian go in first and get all the aggro.......

This is sort of like the guy that built a pure rogue and forgot to put in skill points to disable....

xanvar
03-08-2008, 11:32 AM
The problem with a battlecleric is that there are way more bad ones than good ones.

Example: Joined a group for stk - human cleric in the group - using an acid bastard sword------battle begins he runs in and dies.....

This confuses me because he ought to be able to take some damage - this happened 3 times.

After talking to him, the thing was is that he was not self casting on himself stuff like bulls str, divine favor and other things - also we explained to him - hey why not let the barbarian go in first and get all the aggro.......

This is sort of like the guy that built a pure rogue and forgot to put in skill points to disable....

I would have loved to seen the cleric typing heel plz. Not that he did but thats what flashed into my mind when I read that.

Dreadmaster
03-09-2008, 04:33 AM

Ya thats just plain sillyness, and quite funny

When i play Battle cleric here is how I roll. I let tanks w/e grab aggro, I may or may not buff myself depending on how long we have to go without a shrine. if its a shrine heavy instance Ill keep Divine favor/ power up on my self. if its slim pickens on rest stops, I wont ever cast those spells on myself or even bulls.

When the fighting starts I dive in and wack away, but the entire fight Im watching health bars, when healing is needed I stop w/e it is Im doing and heal until we are all in great shape. Sadly what I see most commonly is having a cleric is kinda like a free ticket to act like a knucklehead. Case in point, all those tanks without shields...especially WF ones with a sorcerer in the grp without repair (or refuses to heal him even if he did. Ive seen several wizards leave grp when asked if they can help heal the WF.) Aslo things like casters in their PJs being the first to pull aggro (this is very common). Then that near naked caster proceeds to run around like a maniac with the whole party running after the mobs chasing him. Prolly looks like a bad episode of Benny Hill.

Clerics get a lot of flack as it is. Simply because most gamers think what they are doing is fine and dandy. Like a Ranger with a two handed sword way out away from the party asks "Do we have a cleric" He can obviously see my icon. What he doest realize, the wizard has managed to gather ten mobs up and is running around like a chicken with his head cut off while the tank is a mile away doing god knows what. But ya know, I bite my lip and explain the situation calmy.

PS: GOLARI...where you at? been looking for ya online.

Nestorious
03-09-2008, 05:36 AM
Battle Clerics... Hmmm...

Since the inception I was drawn to playing a healer, maybe its my nature, not sure... I wound up running through about 5 clerics to lvl 10 until I felt I had tweaked what I wanted - a High SP/DV portable shrine designed to cover any situation thrown at them by a party member - and Satchmo was born, Drow: 15 cl/1 Sorc currently boasting 1701 sp and 20 DV III's.

I can honestly say he has lived up to his intention of being there to make sure a party can get through just about anything but in the process I found myself becoming nothing more than an automaton. Watching life bars learning HP lvls for party members, squeezing every point I could out of my mana bar. The only issue was I felt like I was falling asleep on every run!

When I reached the point I felt I needed a break I figured my best way to go was to "primarily" stick with the class I knew best but be able to step up and take a punch a lil better. Along came Nestorious, a 15 cleric/1 fighter on a cocky day dual wielding and brash as all hell. I try to let groups know up front he is a BC design (It's even right at the top of my Bio). I will normally role as a melee for the first part of a quest throwing heals where need be but along the run reminding people they can be more self sufficient (attempted in a polite way but not always coming across exactly as that).

To me, for someone to play a BC they have to respect what the cleric is all about, not just a class which can have all of its healing thrown to the side and be a powerhouse destructing fool - although they are out there. Its like what was said earlier, if you can reach a balance in your playstyle to cover a group and still get in the mix of things you will be pretty much welcomed to a group. If ya go in yelling I don't heal... well let's hope ya don't run outta mana or pots and need one, it might not come that quickly from the rest of the party.

IMO its just a matter of maturity and responsibility in playing the class. If your are the only prime healing class in a group, watch the lfm before ya join it. If you cant be diverse enough to play a melee as well as the healer in a pinch it might be better to not venture down that road except with friends who dont mind letting ya get a lil crazy.

Dreadmaster
03-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Battle Clerics... Hmmm..

IMO its just a matter of maturity and responsibility in playing the class. If your are the only prime healing class in a group, watch the lfm before ya join it. If you cant be diverse enough to play a melee as well as the healer in a pinch it might be better to not venture down that road except with friends who dont mind letting ya get a lil crazy.

Im serious floored, so many level-headed, well spoken, replies. Again, perfect points one and all. I think a Battle cleric can really shine when grouped with another cleric. The battle cleric is then free to release more spells, even group buffs. When shrines are tight, Im always hesitant to throw out buffs the whole way...you know the feeling. You know the tough road ahead, and how far you need to go to get to a shrine. Thank god for wands eh? But we all know those are better to use to top off post fight, or in emergency situations only. A second cleric can keep all those buffs up every second of combat if teamed with another cleric, and not to mention if the healing Cleric happens to die (god forbid, but we all know it happens)the Battle cleric if correctly built can step up and main heal without problems.

My build is kinda something I had wished for way back when after playing Phalanx. My major shortcoming with Phalanx, I had 8 cha, and zero DVs. That really cost in the long run in raids. This new Battle Cleric will be a party buffer, DV machine with very potent off-heals. How can any raid or grp go wrong with a battle cleric that can main heal, be a buff monster, and dish out tons of damage. Now mind you I know that melee wise a Battle Cleric cannot hope to match a fighter/ barbarian or Paladin with sword skill alone. They can however match them with a combination of sword and spell.

So here is what my Battle cleric brings to the table..Prolly upwards of 18 DV IIIs, Potent heals with (Empower healing, both mental toughness feats and all the healing enhancements), good melee damage, great spell damage, can raise the dead, great buffs, and security incase the healer goes down. How can that be a bad thing? it isnt, but truth be told, I think melee players (now this only a hunch) just dont like battle clerics stepping on their toes.

Nosferious thanks for posting!

Horrorscope
03-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I have a battle cleric and never had a complaint. I do believe it will be based upon the player. Meaning you have to know "when", it does take a little bit of time to figure that out and sometimes the mind has lapses. But I see no reason why I can't be both, I can see I am helping when I look at the kill count and when no one's dying irregularly, imo job done. Enough times I'm leading in kills and have done all the heals, I do wonder to myself "Is there anything I can't do?", lol. It's a fun class to play because it is versatile and plenty to keep you on your toes. I would think a team of Battle Clerics would be pretty strong.

Ringos
03-17-2008, 04:09 PM

The same is said of Rangers & Rogues, and probably other classes. I'm pretty sure, if you took count in DDO, there are more bad ANYTHING than good! :)

Corwelleon
03-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Poor play is a somewhat relative term. I do find that it is really hit and miss up to level 7 or 8 and then the quality of the players increases dramatically. On the other extreme, some higher level or experienced players lack patience and can be quite tiresome as well. Thus, it's relative.

Returning to the thread, Battle Clerics are no less or more likely to be poor players. Sometimes, even clerics that forget to take care of others can learn with some gentle coaching and may be appreciative of your effort to help them best fit into the group.

Cheers,

Corwelleon