PDA

View Full Version : Helllooooo Devs?? Events?

Luthen
03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
So you'll pardon the tone here but might I inquire about something. Why were we told that the "next phase", ie. event, of the invasion was gonna be Wednesday at 9:30pm EST yet there is nothing happening by 9:55pm EST on said night?

It's 9:56... do you know where your promised live event is?

ArkoHighStar
03-05-2008, 08:58 PM
2 waves have poped on argo but definetly not the intensity of Monday it seems

Kreaper
03-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I got kicked and can't get back on. It says it is cleaning up old connection. The lag is terrrrrrible.:(

ArkoHighStar
03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
2 small waves popped in our instnace and then the barrier popped up ben nothing since, not nearly as fun as Monday

Luthen
03-05-2008, 09:10 PM
40 minutes into the proposed event and all we've gotten is a barrier around the tent.

ArkoHighStar
03-05-2008, 09:13 PM
on argo it looks they are starting at highest instance and it is spawning as it goes down the list, unfirtunately I am in instance 1

ArkoHighStar
03-05-2008, 09:15 PM
it also looks like they have implemented a lock on moving betwen instance puts you in random instance

jjflanigan
03-05-2008, 09:17 PM
it also looks like they have implemented a lock on moving betwen instance puts you in random instance

Nope -- must be a bug or something wrong with your server

Innoss
03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
nadda on thelanis.. barrier came up at 10 and a couple demons and that was it

AnubisPrime
03-05-2008, 09:20 PM
same on ghallanda

barrier is significant though...

ArkoHighStar
03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah we got one wave after barrier and that was it, there was cr30's but nothing like monday

bobbryan2
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
You are, eventually, going to have dinosaurs? On this dinosaur tour, yes?

Hello?

ArkoHighStar
03-05-2008, 09:24 PM
If I had to give this a grade I would say D+. Monday held such promise too

holyknowlie
03-05-2008, 09:29 PM
So here are my thoughts on everybody bashing the devs/events that have been happening all week:

Just because an event is supposed to start at a certain time doesn't mean it will end at a certain time. What fun is an event that lasts 5 minutes?

I for one am enjoying the story line and the events that have been building since everything started. I have never encountered anything like this in a game, although I am an extremely casual player.

Complain if you want. Bash if you must. What it really comes down to is if you don't feel like "wasting your time" with an event that falls short of expectations then don't. The dungeons and quests are still available during this time.

Good luck, whatever else happens.

Laith
03-05-2008, 09:29 PM
you know, i love the new forcefield. i was looking for rick moranis, but i couldn't find him. at least no one crossed the streams.

seriously though, how will Stormreach survive without cure light/moderate wands?!?!? *whimpers* :eek:

MysticTheurge
03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Even I'm kind of bored...

:(

Lorichie
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM
you know, i love the ghostbusters forcefield (i was looking for rick moranis, but i couldn't find him), but how will Stormreach survive without cure light/moderate wands?!?!? *whimpers*

good thing i got my new cleric to level three and bought him some wands this afternoon

bobbryan2
03-05-2008, 09:32 PM
They coulda told us the event was over after they put a barrier up. :(

bobbryan2
03-05-2008, 09:33 PM
you know, i love the new forcefield. i was looking for rick moranis, but i couldn't find him. at least no one crossed the streams.

seriously though, how will Stormreach survive without cure light/moderate wands?!?!? *whimpers* :eek:

All the vendors are in the Rusty Nail.

Higgy
No communication? No world broadcast? No nothing? Weak. Disappointed.

Innoss
3 words........

TOTAL LET DOWN

Laith
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
All the vendors are in the Rusty Nail.Stormreach is saved! thank the gods!

good thing they don't seem too concerned about the devil invasion. they're still talking about how i saved the steam tunnels. :)

Kreaper
03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Give 'em a break guys. They were trying to tell you the event was over. The problem is that the representative of the Twelve was all lagged up and couldn't talk.

Kerr
03-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Tonight? So far, the grade is a "F Freaking Minus"

NOTHING in over an hour and a half now in instance 9. People dropping like flies to go do something interesting.

Sheezgame
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Is it just me or is instance 1 getting more spawns then all of the others?

bobbryan2
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Give 'em a break guys. They were trying to tell you the event was over. The problem is that the representative of the Twelve was all lagged up and couldn't talk.

Uh... The event never started. ;)

Luthen
03-06-2008, 12:38 AM
So here are my thoughts on everybody bashing the devs/events that have been happening all week:

Just because an event is supposed to start at a certain time doesn't mean it will end at a certain time. What fun is an event that lasts 5 minutes?

I for one am enjoying the story line and the events that have been building since everything started. I have never encountered anything like this in a game, although I am an extremely casual player.

Complain if you want. Bash if you must. What it really comes down to is if you don't feel like "wasting your time" with an event that falls short of expectations then don't. The dungeons and quests are still available during this time.

Good luck, whatever else happens.

When it's implied you're gonna see the Fourth of July fireworks display and all you get is a couple hillbilly boys and a handful of fire crackers you might get a bit annoyed as well. As far as not waiting for an event... well when we're told a start time and it doesnt start at all yes we'll leave eventually after giving them the benefit of the doubt and waiting around for awhile wasting our play time on something they promised but didnt deliver. How can you defend that?

holyknowlie
03-06-2008, 01:33 AM
When it's implied you're gonna see the Fourth of July fireworks display and all you get is a couple hillbilly boys and a handful of fire crackers you might get a bit annoyed as well. As far as not waiting for an event... well when we're told a start time and it doesnt start at all yes we'll leave eventually after giving them the benefit of the doubt and waiting around for awhile wasting our play time on something they promised but didnt deliver. How can you defend that?

I believe the first round of Devils on Khyber (where I play) dropped about 2 minutes after the pronounced start time so yes you are correct they did not start right on time. After that it was about 30 mins before the bazaar of doom sprouted its shield, even though the Auger of the Twelve told me before hand that the bazaar was impenetrable. In my opinion the event started reasonably on time and was fun/interesting to behold, especially since I got to bs with my guildies the whole time.

All I can say to defend my opinion is that when we have a crappy DM/campaign playing pen and paper, we decide to play something else. Sorry things aren't meeting expectations but that doesn't mean devs/DMs/whatever aren't trying to make things enjoyable, but if I were in their shoes I don't think I would be doing a better job.

Luthen
03-06-2008, 02:30 AM
I believe the first round of Devils on Khyber (where I play) dropped about 2 minutes after the pronounced start time so yes you are correct they did not start right on time. After that it was about 30 mins before the bazaar of doom sprouted its shield, even though the Auger of the Twelve told me before hand that the bazaar was impenetrable. In my opinion the event started reasonably on time and was fun/interesting to behold, especially since I got to bs with my guildies the whole time.

All I can say to defend my opinion is that when we have a crappy DM/campaign playing pen and paper, we decide to play something else. Sorry things aren't meeting expectations but that doesn't mean devs/DMs/whatever aren't trying to make things enjoyable, but if I were in their shoes I don't think I would be doing a better job.

Perhaps it's our fault for thinking so highly of them following Monday nights event. That was hard and tonight, presumably, was the next wave of that including the assault/shielding of the tent. Two tiny waves, which were not in all instances, or aparently, on all servers was a huge let down. Saturday needs to be what they've been eluding(sp?) too. I did not make assumptions based on nothing. They said what we were going to see and get via these events as far as fun or exceitement and they didn't deliver. Even a copy of Monday nights event would have been 100x better then this attempt at a fun event. This was more a non-event then it was actually an event.

Deusxmachina
03-06-2008, 02:34 AM
All I can say to defend my opinion is that when we have a crappy DM/campaign playing pen and paper, we decide to play something else.

I bet you don't pay your DM a monthly fee.

Sheezgame
03-06-2008, 03:42 AM

You do realize the start time was 9.30 not 9.45? I was on Khyber and didn't see any spawns for ages on market 1, not counting any random portals which are not actually part of the timed event.

Josh
03-06-2008, 09:22 AM

I think alot of us are tired of "giving the devs a break". At what point are they going to get their act together? I've never seen so many first no-go's in my life.

Hendrik
03-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I think alot of us are tired of "giving the devs a break". At what point are they going to get their act together? I've never seen so many first no-go's in my life.

The day after you stop giving them your $14.95.

:rolleyes: