PDA

View Full Version : Shavarath Vortex Opens In Marketplace!

Veheer
03-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Attention Heroes and Citizens of Stormreach!

Events have transpired that are far worse that we had ever envisioned. The loathsome devils have summoned a portal, opening a rift between our plane and theirs! Stormreach is now compromised. Our agents are still investigating the infernal code but this looming vortex is now our priority. We need more time. We must discover what the purpose of the portal is and how we can stop it. Let us hope time is on our side.

Unfortunately, the situation on the ground has gotten worse. The devils’ scouting parties have been a regular sight in the marketplace. All citizens of Stormreach are asked to be on their guard when entering the Marketplace. If you see devils or other foul creatures in the city dispatch them with all haste!

If my latest translation of their infernal script is correct, it seems the next major phase of Shavarath incursion will occur tomorrow evening (Wednesday, 9:30 PM EST). I believe that they are even now in final preparation for their ultimate counter-strike this weekend on the eve of Sar (Saturday 8:30 PM EST). If we all join together we may be able to thwart their plans in time! If you don't think your combat skills will be of assistance, keeping yourself alive is paramount, so please seek out Zoth Naylte and he can help you get around while avoiding the Marketplace altogether.

Trugaard
03-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Sweet oh and First!

Brianius
03-04-2008, 05:22 PM
yay times!

Vinos
03-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Maybe I'll get some more raid loot with my lowbies :)

Kisaragi
03-04-2008, 05:36 PM

Events have transpired that are far worse that we had ever envisioned. The loathsome devils have summoned a portal, opening a rift between our plane and theirs! Stormreach is now compromised. Our agents are still investigating the infernal code but this looming vortex is now our priority. We need more time. We must discover what the purpose of the portal is and how we can stop it. Let us hope time is on our side.

You know, if I were one of the ruling bodies of the city, I might request the support of the other HOUSES to come and lend aid. Maybe throw Coyle...er I mean send Coyle to investigate the portal. The different houses and factions *cough* the twelve *cough* agents of argossean *cough* claim to have a lot of power and that we're not worthy, how about they clean up the mess then?

Yeah I can try to fight off elite guards, but I'm paying my repair bill when I die. My fighting/death are keeping those coin lords from looking eye to eye with the devils. How about you work out a deal where people who are dying in the marketplace don't pay their repair bills, and instead, the twelve, the coin lords, or the houses do it? You're all wealthy right? I'm down to 4k platinum.

When I can't afford repairs, well, then I won't be risking my life anymore...can't imagine many others will be doing such either...goodness of your heart doesn't fix Dragonscale Robes.

apious1
03-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Time, time, time. You just keep asking for more time while this situation gets worse. We need to take action NOW, NOW, NOW.

Edit: Give me fly and I'll take care of this silly little portal problem.

Kisaragi
03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Time, time, time. You just keep asking for more time while this situation gets worse. We need to take action NOW, NOW, NOW.

Edit: Give me fly and I'll take care of this silly little portal problem.

Heh, I like your attitude. I don't need fly though, just wish...

Cutedge
03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
If my latest translation of their infernal script is correct, it seems the next major phase of Shavarath incursion will occur tomorrow evening (Wednesday, 9:30 PM EST). I believe that they are even now in final preparation for their ultimate counter-strike this weekend on the eve of Sar (Saturday 8:30 PM EST). If we all join together we may be able to thwart their plans in time! If you don't think your combat skills will be of assistance, keeping yourself alive is paramount, so please seek out Zoth Naylte and he can help you get around while avoiding the Marketplace altogether.

Veheer, while we need to be aware of these major events on Wednesday and Sar, has there been any indication of more activity tonight, two days from now, and three? Or perhaps something that requires immediate attention tonight at 9:30?

Stormanne
03-04-2008, 06:00 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Storman1977/ScreenShot00012.jpg

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Westerner
03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Joining together with other players to repel an infernal assault is totally AMAZING!!

Last night the marketplace was swarming with devils, some of them CR30. I saw an entire guild surround an Barbezu Shock Trooper and pound it into the ground, but not before taking casualties. Take THAT, all those who complained Sunday of a lack of devils!!

I shudder to think what's next...

Kadagan
03-04-2008, 06:41 PM

Events have transpired that are far worse that we had ever envisioned. The loathsome devils have summoned a portal, opening a rift between our plane and theirs! Stormreach is now compromised.

Ummm... hey dude. That's yesterday's news. :D

moorewr
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM

I wish I could fly...

Deaths_ward
03-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I laugh at all this. The help offered by myself and my compatriots has been somewhat less helpful than we first thought. Everyone was complaining about it not being challenging enough so we captured a few of these powerful devils with charms, and used our most powerful magics to increase their skills and threat potential before releasing them on an unsuspecting populous, but sadly then everyone became quite dead.

DNDJESS
03-04-2008, 07:17 PM

You already got a wish, and what good did it do?

Laith
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
so nothing tuesday, thursday, or friday? or just mob spawns with no plot advances?

just though this was a full week of events is all...

btw, in the future, would it be possible to earmark certain instances as "safe from invasion" for the lowbies?

might make everyone happier.

Oreg
03-04-2008, 07:40 PM
so nothing tuesday, thursday, or friday? or just mob spawns with no plot advances?

just though this was a full week of events is all...

btw, in the future, would it be possible to earmark certain instances as "safe from invasion" for the lowbies?

might make everyone happier.

It doesn't say that at all. It says another progression on wednesday with the culmination on Saturday. It does indicate nothing tonight but makes no mention of thursday or friday.

BGP
03-04-2008, 07:51 PM
QUOTE=moorewr;1599010]I wish I could fly...[/QUOTE]

Last time I leveled up, somehow I got the fly spell....

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/BGPaul/c2.jpg

I'll post more later when I show you the inside.

Psych! ;)

Cidolfas
03-04-2008, 07:59 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Storman1977/ScreenShot00012.jpg

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Portal Storm!

*dives to ground*

*gets up*

Now where's that grav gun?

slordaxjay
03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Realtor Casts FLY and gets a closer look!

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6162ebda58.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

moorewr
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I wish I'd bought stock in the teleport scroll sellers.. so many people burning scrolls to get an "Oops.."

slordaxjay
03-04-2008, 08:19 PM
you can memorize the spell you know

moorewr
03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
you can memorize the spell you know

Man, you wizards.. always waving your spellbooks in our faces...

ArkoHighStar
03-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I wish I'd bought stock in the teleport scroll sellers.. so many people burning scrolls to get an "Oops.."

silly sorcerer make a wizard and you don't need to burn scrolls

Dogchair
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
sorcs get the spell too.

ccheath776
03-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Excellent.
Only complaint was that I got this news AFTER I logged on at 9:45pm after missing last nights little battle, expecting to see an event. Instead I just got to see the tent shaking. Unfortunate because I got the idea that things were going to happen every night so of course as I did on sunday I scored brownie points, sat down ready to fight and unfortunatly once again I get told "Come back tomorrow" Grrrrr. Well I guess I will just have to come up with some more ways to avert wife agro and get on tomorrow night.
But I swear if this twelve dude tells me come back tomorrow, he's going to feel my vorpal. J/K

We now return you to the regularly scheduled in character chat.

Spitting on the ground in disgust Terrah growls at veheer.
"The sky opens a portal and all you can say we are looking into it? PEOPLE are DYING!"
Down in the marketplace streets happless citizens run through the streets screaming in fear.
Ranok steps between her and the twelve represenative and speaks "Easy there. He's as frustrated as you are."
Terrah calms herself and then bows to Veheer.
"Carry on then. If you dont mind I believe we will make arrangements for our own defense and if the Twelve can spare some time it would be of great help if they could assist us."
The fighter rolls her eyes and begins to walk back down the pillared path.
Muckka only shakes her head. "You have to understand they now as little about this as we do..."
"Dont patronize me friend, I told you already many months ago something was going to happen. you think these beast from Shavarath appeared just out of nowhere to strike at us? Dont be ridiculous. This city is like the annoying ant hill somehwere in the mournlands and just as meaningless. Attacking us would serve them no purpose. Talk all they want about taking revenge for killing their precious general but we both know whats going on."
Muckka looked around to see if the others were listening.
"Keep your voice down. This city is already in turmoil enough."
Terrah smirked then spoke.
"It matters little now what is told or what secrets are let out. The devils come for the pillar. Tchurvul tapped into its powers and its clear to me now that these outworld creatures felt its presence. Or maybe the evil wizard has a hand in this, or maybe this is all being spawned by him unknowingly. I told you it spawns your worse nightmares in addition to giving you the powers it does, thats why the Giants buried it. Thats why we were put in charge of keeping it a secret but none of that matters now. its power is unleashed either by him alone or his dark shadow that formed from his hate. It is us who have to deal with it. DO YOU HEAR THAT Stormreach, we must be the ones to protect this place."
A large man in full plate armor carrying a large bag approaches.
"WHY?! Why must we risk our lives, for what? This city. This place is a cesspool, leave it to rot. I'm hopping the first ship out of here.."
Another man screams with the voice of terror
"He's right we should leave.. there is a ship in the harbor we can sail out of here.."

"Then you go!!" Terrah screamed. "We do not need your cowardly kind here. Do you think this threat is only in this city? What happens when they are done here. The ocean is not wide enough to shield Khorvaire from invasion. If we do not stop them, no one will. Or would you like to see the great city of towers fall? Or the undying court demolished, or perhaps the precious wizards of aundair killed? No my friends We fight."
A crowd began to gather around Terrah and the Keepers.
"Yes THATS right. We fight. We do not have to wait for our incompetent leaders to lead us. We are on our own and that is as it should be. Afterall who are we? Are we some beggers with no means of our own. Nay. We have fought and defeated the greatest threats to this city and we have WON!! ARE WE NOT CAPABLE?!! Are we not able enough to face this down on our own?"
"For many months I have warned everyone of this threat. I was laughed at, ignored, spit at, and told to go away. NOW look where we are. Because of that do I turn away? I SAY NO!! I stand here sword in hand."
She walks and clasps her friends on the shoulders. Ranok, Litz, Muckka, Daomuck, Snowwolf. She pats each on the back.
"I stand here not with just swords but with friends. Powerful friends and I see in each of you a friend for I have lived here many years before stormreach was even founded and I do NOT intend to run away from her in her time of need. These devils want a FIGHT!! They will get one because we do not RUN!! Because this is where we draw our line, this is where we say this far NO FURTHER! Because THIS IS OUUUUR CITY!! They have come here for trouble, oh they will have it for only a fool would approach this city looking for a war. For HERE is the best and greatest fighters, warriors, and magical powers the world has ever known and I tell you now. When the day comes and all hell rains down from that portal, these beasts, these devils WILL FIND ME, THEY WILL FIND US and THEY WILLLLL FIND THAT WE WILL NOT ROLL OVER AND perish. I SAY WE stay. I SAY WEEEEE FIIIIGHT!! HOW say you Keepers of the arcane?"
"HARUUU!!"
"How say you stormreach?!!"
"HARRUUU!"
"Good. Then stay and fight it is. We can all wait here and hope the coin lords or the twelve or some other high and mighty politician comes to save us. Or we can take care of this ourselves. I am glad to have your help. Enough talk, Its time to Get this place ready then. Man those battlements, wizards prepare your spells and find a nice high place to cast them in. Clerics...Clerics.. rain down upon them with great vengeance we will need more than your healing skills for this fight I promise you. Those who have faced these devils before step forward and be heard, your council is welcome. There's no more talk my friends, no more games, no more guessing. The WAR is here, and if its war they want, war is what we will give them. Eat well for tomorrow we fight."

cardmj1
03-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Oooooo... Idea. Dragon raid just to jump off the top!

Dimz
03-05-2008, 01:45 AM

Fail a teleport.

Heladron
03-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Fail a teleport.

Good thinking, the mask from Ghola Fan seems to fail more than work. :)

moorewr
03-05-2008, 08:14 AM

I jumped after we looted her corpse.. and grabbed screen shots.. on home PC, so I will post tonight.

Unfortunately you die just as you fall below the eye of the portal. Oddly enough all you see from above is a sort of upside-down V of yellow-white light... first thing you notice in the darkness above the marketplace...

Aranel12
03-05-2008, 01:17 PM
During my scouting (With Calaelen) in the marketplace and making sure the city is safe with the troubles going on here. I went to the falconer's spire and saw 3 devils and 2 orthons just standing there waiting for the right time to attack. I took action and banished them back but figured i would just kill them so they won't come back again. I forgot to take my camera with me to take a picture of the devils staying there. But i saw they are really getting annoyed with this prevention we are giving. Let us all stand together and smite this evil that dare comes in on our town.

NoBodie1964
03-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Is there anyway to lock down the instances and keep people from jumping and freezing the whole thing up in Lag! Give everyone 10 seconds when they enter to pick an instance so they can join up with member of their party, then freeze them out of entering any other instance.

Gorbadoc
03-05-2008, 10:06 PM
I asked Veheer how we know he isn't in league with the devils. He responded by sending me to Gianthold. These are troubling times, and while no one wants his loyalty questioned, Veheer's response may or may not be caused by something more insidious than mere annoyance. Veheer is, in fact, discouraging citizens from asking too many questions. Even if there is as yet no answer, the question of how we can tell whether any given person is in league with the devils is pertinent and worth discussing.

moorewr
03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr/lj/image/ddo/falling-eye-shav.jpg

http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr/lj/image/ddo/falling-eye-shav2.jpg

query
03-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Perhaps the Lords of the Twelve and Coin thought it a triffle to mention in News, but the entire Bazaar is sealed in a force field allegedly to stop further invasion.

Amazingly how we seem to be paying more and more yet getting less and less for our acts?

If one questions the leader or path the city takes, one is booted out of the city?

I follow the path of good and law, yet wonder where our Augar F'Nord is getting his direction from seemingly waiting for a daily event to happen we perdicted months ago? I warned of first the resonnnce, then the testings, then the permanence of a portal vortex, then the engulfment of our entire plane into theirs. Three of the four have happened. Must we wait until doom irreversable to respond seriously?

I follow my oaths and keep the secrets bound as promised, but the time for waiting is over. If you are not willing to lead the city unto its freedom, step aside Augar for those who are. You wish to prove you are not as duplicious as the Archbishiop was? Then give us adventures FULL disclosure of what the 12 knows about this, as I have educated your council on Exo-planar travels for the last several months, and translated it into a form you somehow now only partially echo back to the common folk.

Your knowledge collected I do not question, but your wisdom forces me to publicly ask: What is it you are thinking not being more agressive and falling back on adventuring people who may or may not have the tools without your sage knowledge released to them in the first place?!

If this open letter causes our agreements to end, so be it. But evil succeeds when good people do nothing. And it damn near is guaranteed victorious when you do very little. Our teleportation out of this plane is for now, gone. Our alternate Prime venues are severed. We are slowly but surely being cornered into what the enemy believes a slaughter and total domination of non combatants.

What have ye to offer beyond a titan wand and a collectable bag, a bless and aid spell?

As I said, I fight for Law and Good. And if that means I or others will be killed for the city to live on, so be it. But what sacrifice make you to stop the future foothold of the Vulture, the Abbot and now all of Shavarath?

I ask no reply. However, we the city of Stormreach demand one.

Regretably written by,

Cerulean Blue Shadow
Faithful follower of the Fellowship of the Golden Night
Battler of the Great Commander's power, but the light that saves the fallen's helm.
Former Seeker of the power of Joy
Rebalanced and past remembered, reforged but always of the Cerulean Hills and my ForgeFather.

psyrius
03-06-2008, 04:57 PM
You know, if I were one of the ruling bodies of the city, I might request the support of the other HOUSES to come and lend aid. Maybe throw Coyle...er I mean send Coyle to investigate the portal. The different houses and factions *cough* the twelve *cough* agents of argossean *cough* claim to have a lot of power and that we're not worthy, how about they clean up the mess then?

Yeah I can try to fight off elite guards, but I'm paying my repair bill when I die. My fighting/death are keeping those coin lords from looking eye to eye with the devils. How about you work out a deal where people who are dying in the marketplace don't pay their repair bills, and instead, the twelve, the coin lords, or the houses do it? You're all wealthy right? I'm down to 4k platinum.

When I can't afford repairs, well, then I won't be risking my life anymore...can't imagine many others will be doing such either...goodness of your heart doesn't fix Dragonscale Robes.

NPCs never could accomplish anything, and even when they can, why should they when there is a ready supply of Adventurers (PCs) that are easily manipulated into going on insane fool's errands for pennies :D. After all we're in it to rob the monsters, mostly.

~Cereals_Alt
07-16-2012, 01:45 PM
We need a replay of this. It was the greatest event to ever happen in the history of the game !

gerardIII
07-16-2012, 02:02 PM
We need a replay of this. It was the greatest event to ever happen in the history of the game !

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21768372.jpg