PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Damage

Karranor
03-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Does halfling weapon damage go down one catagory as in PnP or is it the same as everyone else?

Trying to get another adict but she wants to play a halfling... I personally am not a fan of them and know little about them so any help would be appreciated! We are looking at a halfling barb. Something wacky and fun.

Thanks!

ehcsztein
03-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Does halfling weapon damage go down one catagory as in PnP or is it the same as everyone else?

Trying to get another adict but she wants to play a halfling... I personally am not a fan of them and know little about them so any help would be appreciated! We are looking at a halfling barb. Something wacky and fun.

Thanks!

Halflings do not not take a damage penalty due to weapon size asthey do in PnP.

I have seen some really affective halfling barb's running around. definitly whacky and fun :)

Mad_Bombardier
03-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Halflings do not not take a damage penalty due to weapon size asthey do in PnP.

I have seen some really affective halfling barb's running around. definitly whacky and fun :)Except for the -1 attack and damage from 2 points lower starting STR. But, that's a comparative thing with other races. If you only play Halfers, then you'll never know the difference! :)

Taerdra
03-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Halfling Barb build (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=137684).

Freeman
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Except for the -1 attack and damage from 2 points lower starting STR. But, that's a comparative thing with other races. If you only play Halfers, then you'll never know the difference! :)

Technically, it is only -1 damage, since they do get the +1 attack bonus for being small, canceling out the penalty. The main drawback to being a Halfling is that carrying capacity is only 3/4ths what it would be on a medium sized creature. If you play a strength-based character, it won't be an issue though.