PDA

View Full Version : Item configuration ... suggestions??

Eldun
03-04-2008, 08:21 AM
TWF Pure Barb Slot configuration (BTW ... trying to have as little reliance on raid loot as possible):

Ring 1: +6 Con
Ring 2: Variable
Neck: +6 Wis, underwater, would love a scourge choker for endbosses
Belt: GFL
Bracers: Crafted ... poison/disease/blindness/fear bracers
Helm: Minos Legens
Cloak: Variable
Trinket: Kardin's Eye, Bloodstone for endbosses when casters not around
Goggles: Mentau's
Armor: +5 MFP or robe collection
Boots: Madstone
Gloves: +6 Str

Any thoughts on what might round me out better with a variable ring/cloak spot?
Having a ring and cloak allow me 2 greater resistance items which I like.

Tongue Belt looks interesting for the +6 enchantment saves (my weakest), does this stack with kardin's eye ... I could go with a GFL ring/belt swap

Personal preference on Mentau's goggles vs. Bloodstone for -2 seeker but gain a cloak slot for resistance

philo
03-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Emerald claw talisman..the fearsome neck is useful if you are wearing the mith fp,,otherwise you can just get fearsome on robes. Which means you would have to make your con item either a ring or a belt to make room for the neck, and also make you GFL item a ring or belt to go with.

Barb gear is pretty basic...throw in a 5 protection item (i know you said ac isnt that important but...protection items come in slots that you will have free)
You basically have your bases covered.

Eldun
03-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Can you get the fearsome on the talismen w/o defeating the abbot?

tihocan
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Can you get the fearsome on the talismen w/o defeating the abbot?
Yes, it's on the cursed crypt upgrade.

Dark-Star
03-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Neck I'd go Jorg collar situationally.

Strykersz
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Str gloves, Con ring, no need for a dex item(you have madstone boots listed). The neck is a situational slot(scourge choker, jorgundal's collar, finger necklace, etc) and you don't want your con item in it. Normally, probably a +6 wisdom item.

Hadrian
03-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Str gloves, Con ring, no need for a dex item(you have madstone boots listed). The neck is a situational slot(scourge choker, jorgundal's collar, finger necklace, etc) and you don't want your con item in it. Normally, probably a +6 wisdom item.

This is what I do with the neck slot as well. Forget about the collar, though. Just use haste potions.

For the cloak/ring variable slots I would guess that you swap elemental resists situationally. For a primary item for those slots you could look for the Ring of Shadows from PoP for 10% miss chance or the blur cloak from the demon queen.

Lastly, going with a GFL ring + the Belt of Tongue is somewhat situational, but it does make a difference when facing a lot of casters. It's not just the +6 to enchantment saves. The SR 19 will have an impact too. I know that people say that SR 19 is not enough to be useful on high end content, but it still does go off sometimes. Consider it like blur for spells.

Beherit_Baphomar
03-06-2008, 02:49 PM

Yup, WIS on yer neck. I dont ever use my Jorgundals Collar, a dev said it didnt stack with haste, and when are we not hasted?
Rings, I use different resists and I swap out a +6 DEX ring there. I have the madstone boots, but I take them off situationally too.

Really seems that ring slots and necklace slots are two interchangable on barbs.

Cloaks? Again, resists on my barb and I have an actual resistance cloak. Its nice to have two resists that are nondispellable, undispellable?

Strykersz
03-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Lastly, going with a GFL ring + the Belt of Tongue is somewhat situational, but it does make a difference when facing a lot of casters. It's not just the +6 to enchantment saves. The SR 19 will have an impact too. I know that people say that SR 19 is not enough to be useful on high end content, but it still does go off sometimes. Consider it like blur for spells.

Tongue belt conflicts with Titan belt, which doesn't come into play when you're considering non-raid gear but it is there. The collar is useful when you're fighting Ctholuzz and not much else.