PDA

View Full Version : Tank

DeathKillTank
03-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I have left DDO for a while and am thinking of coming back, and rerolling my tank. I was wondering what the best tank class (or classes would be) since the level cap is 16 now and was 10 when I left, and many other things have changed in DDO.
I have heard things like that barbarians are now the true tanks of DDO and such I hope some of you'd suggest to me the best tank class (or multi-classes) I am thinking of being a dwarf for my race if your wondering. I hope I get good advice from you guys lol

Blazer
03-03-2008, 11:21 PM
First, please provide your definition of tank.

sigtrent
03-05-2008, 04:55 PM
If you mean Tank = Dude who fights with swords

Ya.. barbarians to some extetn are kings of the hill, but a good fighter or ranger can give them a run for their money as can the right paladin or roge.

If you mean Tank = Defensive character who is hard to kill

Dwarven Paladin/Fighter mixes are about as good as it gets. Sometimes with rogue for evasion, sometimes not.

DeathKillTank
03-05-2008, 05:19 PM
thanks both of you, I think of a tank as a damage dealing and absorber. But I think I'll go for fighter, since the extra feat, armor, and I might multi-class a bit I guess...

teck
03-05-2008, 05:25 PM
well...i think barbarians can be good tanks..but thats just me...im racist against dwarves and halflings lol i dont no why but i just dont like the short chars (nothing mean meant about "racist") but i think its more of the persons play style...barbarians all the way for me...i might make a fighter after some time...and aye..yes i am coming back to DDO after a year of not playing lol time ot get back in the game!

Arianrhod
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, if you want to be great at dealing & absorbing damage, a dwarven axe-wielding pure-class barbarian will probably make you happiest ;)

captain1z
03-05-2008, 08:19 PM
try my 50/50 dwarven fighter/barb I kinda leveled him on the fly but seem to have got off lucky with a very hard to kill tank

made sense to stop taking barb levels at 5 but I took 6 for 10 fighter/ 6 barb my only regret is being nuetral which helped in the begining but hurt in the end

DeathKillTank
03-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks, I already made him as a fighter lol. But I think I'll end up with Captain1z's advice of a fighter/barbarian