PDA

View Full Version : Vulkoor's Champion

Anthom
03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Ran an advanced search on all the forums and didn't find anything really discussing whether or not Vulkoor's Champion was useful. So, as I'm planning for it wanted to ask the question to see if I should continue to plan or dump it. This would be on my 'batman' Paladin/Rogue. Does anyone have it and feel it is worth having?

Thanks!

EDIT: Whoops, its Vulkoor's Avatar not Champion..

tihocan
03-04-2008, 11:43 AM
It can be cool for the few levels the scorpion is actually useful, then you can dump it. The scorpion tends to get stuck in doors too ;)

Anthom
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Ok, will keep it planned and try it out then. Thanks for the response!

sigtrent
03-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I have it on my Drow Cleric.

The scorpion is a good summon but thats kind of like saying you have a really tricked out unicycle.

I have it because I think summoning a giant scorpion dude is cool... especialy in quests featuring giant scorpion dudes :P

I have had him save my bacon from time to time. He seems to be immune to environmental effects like chaos orbs and the like. This makes him a pretty handy distraction in places with lots of that happening (like in Xorian Cypehr where you split up, I found him handy on the bottom floor to keep skellies busy while the upstairs is being unlocked.

It is pretty tough but it doesn't dole out all that much damage. I think of him as my decoy baloon. He pulls some agro giving me time to set up a blade barrier or the like, or just keeps some critter occupied while I deal with another one. Since I'm a cleric I can buff and heal him to where he actualy lasts his full duration most of the time. He does get stuck in doors a lot because he is so big. He's also great for taking snapshots of me and my personal scorpion warrior as we travel the wilds of xendric.

So power game wise he's crapola. Fun use fo 6 enhancement points wise he's pure gold.

Anthom
03-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Cool, thanks for the informative response! Definately going to give it a run!