PDA

View Full Version : Death, item wear and tear, and favor

Dane_McArdy
03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
With the recent change to death causing item damage, rather then XP loose, we got the ability to bind items, to prevent permanent damage.

Which to me, makes the 400 favor reward for Free Agents, less valuable. The ability to have your items repaired with very little risk for perma damage, isn't as important as it used to be. Also, I do believe the chance for perma damage to happen has been lessened. It's far cheaper to bind and item to prevent this, unless you want to sell it later, and certainly doesn't require a run to the dessert.

Would it be a good idea to revisit the favor reward from the Free Agents for 400 points? With more crafting coming to the game in Module 7, wouldn't starting to tie favor to crafting with the Free Agents?

Just an idea. What do others think?

Drider
03-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Most people still don't want to bind items. So it's not really a bad thing.

Although I have never even used the Favor Repair person at all, and I have the favor lol.

flash145
03-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I run my fighter out about every third Shroud or 5th vale mission to repair weapons. I raqther not bind my vorpals/banishers/paras/disrupters quite yet. The decreased odds still make it more favorable to run 5 mins and do this then risking perma dmg on an epic item.

Zuldar
03-03-2008, 01:49 PM
The thing is though, once you bind it, it's on you for good. The free agent favor would be useful for preventing permanent damage for something you plan to resell later. So while limited, it does have a few uses.

Edit: Just a thought, but could be handy for some gear that you trade between your characters often.

Emili
03-03-2008, 01:50 PM
B...b...b...but, Jaidene is like a personal friend, she's been repairing my equipment for a over a year, mind you I love to hear her stories also, but she seems so busy as to not share a table and some mint tea ala carte next door.

Dane_McArdy
03-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, three people aren't the world, but I suspect this isn't viewed as less valuable with the recent changes.

But keep posting people.

Impaqt
03-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Still Use her, and will continue to. As far as I'm concerned, the 400 Free agent favor is the best of the bunch so far...

SIlver Flame stuff is pretty lame for 400 Favor.... and their lower favor... What was it? Cheaper Fixes fromthe bothers and sister? thena slight bump to our in-town regen? blech.... THat favor needs to be looked at first.

House K Favor Good..... Cant complain about bank space
Coin Lords: Inv Space is good

House D: I dont have any ranged characters so its pretty useless to me

House P: I use the pendant often still... On my characters than cant cast haste...

House J: Never really used their buffs

Argonessen: First level is nice for the non-power gamer, and 10 hp, while small, helps.

The Twelve: Their favor is rather odd.... I actually dont know what was favor related and what was Quest completion related.

Laith
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
i'm guessing she still charges extra to repair bound items. sucks if that's correct.

Turial
03-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes unless you tell her you want her lackies to repair it.

Mad_Bombardier
03-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Yes unless you tell her you want her lackies to repair it.Last I checked, she charges double for her lackies to repair, too. She's a crafty dwarf, that Jaidene. :p

QuantumFX
03-03-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why our friendly desert blacksmith can't repair the damage done to dragonscale armor. I mean come on it was built by an ogre and reverse engineered by a general vendor!

Now if it was tied in with crafting make it where we can buy masterwork weapon blanks from her or hope that we can pull them from a chest.