PDA

View Full Version : Tell The DDO Community Team! (#10)

Tolero
03-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Good Morning! It's that time again...

Thanks to everyone who provided insight on the thread name! A lot of the feed back indicated that you were looking for something official sounding - so the purpose is clear - but personable as well. From here on out, you'll be looking for "Tell The DDO Community Team" each week for the weekly questions. This way, it doesn't matter which one of us is posting it - myself, Quarion, Deum, Patience, Saffron... you know where to go for the weekly thread. We'll continue to keep the same schedule, so let's get started!

How it works:
I'll be asking you questions, and here in my thread, you tell me: What comes to mind; what you think; how you feel; etc, as it relates to the question(s) at hand. If you missed the previous week's questions, they'll be listed below and you can answer them here too. Thank you so much to everyone for offering their answers!

Ground Rules:
Before we get started, let's lay down three ground rules if you're going to participate in the thread. These ground rules also have a few samples to help clarify participation:

#1 - The single most important rule to remember while participating in this thread is:
No personal attacks.
If you disagree with the opinion of another participant, that's fine, but no one can make anyone agree to their opinion. Thus, please refrain from commenting on the personal qualities of others who offer their responses to the question(s). Personal attacks go against forum guidelines. Questions asked will be subjective, and some users will have a lot related to their opinion, while others may only define things in short phrases. All forms are acceptable.
Hypothetical Example:
Tolero "Do you like ice cream?"
Player 1 "I hate ice cream because it's too tough to scoop"
Acceptable "I like it. It's not that bad to scoop once you let it sit on the counter for a little bit before you try to dip it Player 1."
Acceptable "I like it but I have the same problem as Player 1. What brand is it Player 1?"
Acceptable "I don't think it's too hard, I never have any problem with it. I like ice cream."
Unacceptable "That's cause you're a noob..."
Unacceptable "You don't have enough experience with scooping to be talking about how difficult it is"
Unacceptable "How about you back that opinion up with some numbers. If you can't prove it don't bring it here"

Everyone has the right to offer their response to the question(s), whether they have scientific data to back up their feelings, or they simply just "feel" a certain way towards the question(s).

#2 - Participate as well as discuss.
If you would like to join in the discussion, please be sure to offer your response to the questions as well, in addition to your conversation with any other thread participants
Hypothetical Example:
Tolero "What's your favorite color?"
Player 1 "Blue"
Player 2 "Green"
Acceptable "Purple... hey Player 2, how come you like Green?"
Unacceptable "hey Player 2 how come you like Green?"

Please be sure to take the time to offer your own opinion of the question(s) before you engage in a discussion about other people's opinions in the thread.

#3 - Don't recycle the above hypothetical examples in your responses ;) as it spams the thread.
-------------------------- Let's Get Started! --------------------------

If you missed last week's questions, you're welcome to answer them now in addition to this week's:
Question 1
If you could thank a Turbine representative for something, what would that something be?

Question 2
You are captured by an evil NPC. He informs you that he has discovered the ultimate torment for his prisoners. What is the worst thing he could do to you? (Keep answers within forum guidelines please)

Question 3
Which forum sections do you find you visit the most? Which forum sections do you find you visit the least? (Visit does not necessarily mean that you post in them, it can be simply reading them)

Question 4
What are your aspirations for DDO for 2008?

This week's question(s) are:

Question 1
When playing any multi-player game, which of the following best describes you?

"I try to find a group as fast as possible. I hate trying to figure this stuff out by myself."
"I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!"
"I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group once I've investigated."
"I try to go it alone as much as possible. I can't stand other people"
"I try to go it alone as much as possible. I'm too shy to deal with other people"

Question 2
When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc)

Question 3
What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment?

Spectralist
03-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Question 1

Question 2
When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc)

Talking about game design and logic.

Question 3
First time through the pit.

Jaywade
03-03-2008, 10:45 AM

Question 1
"I try to find a group as fast as possible. I hate trying to figure this stuff out by myself."
"I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group once I've investigated."
"I try to go it alone as much as possible. I'm too shy to deal with other people"

Question 2
When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc) finding info...that was till this latest even and I somehow found myself doing some light RP'ing

Question 3
for me the first time me and a few shortmaned the dragon taking the dragon down w/ only 6 for the first time was awesome, and while many hav edone the same the first time for me was really special...I still think other than the flagging mech for dragon it is still IMO the best raid...it's looks and feels like a raid

geezee
03-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Question # 2 from last week:

The evil NPC makes me spend 45 minutes transfering items between characters so I can delete one, and equip my reroll. All the while he taunts me by reminding me I could have been in Tangleroot instead. I dunno why they dont let you send a bag full of stuff like you could in Asherons Call.

Alternatively the NPC casts a spell of "Blindness Via Auction House". That color scheme is bound to ruin my 20/20 pretty soon.

Gornn
03-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Question 1

Question 2

Check stuff out, see if there are any good items I can use for trades, etc...

Question 3

When I first starting playing DDO and was exploring I was somewhat disappointed. I had just been doing stuff in the harbor and it was all kind of the same, go into basements, kill stuff...etc. Where was the outside stuff that I was used to? Isn't there anything else to do?

I had such high expectations being a longtime D&D player.But I kept playing.

My most memorable moment was the first time I failed a save vs glitterdust.

You may think that sounds ridiculous but...and I remember this quite vividly "So that's what glitterdust feels like" I said to myself as my screen got whited out.

And from that point on, it was all over for me. DDO ftw.

One spell took me from being on the precipice of disinterest to complete unadulterated addiction. :D

cappuccino
03-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Question 1When playing any multi-player game, which of the following best describes you?

Question 2:When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc)

from home, news from work (cause I can't log in) developer ideas, helping newbies with questions, and of course socalizing

Question 3
What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment?[/QUOTE]

Has to be hands down the old "Tipsy Tempest Spine" Runs.....of course there was that one time Sir Lawrence asked a party of us to do a naked Tangleroot run (even without our enhancements!). :eek::eek::eek::)

DagazUlf
03-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Answer 1
None of the above. Groups are good, solo is good. Whatever is going with the guild is usually my inclination.

Answer 2
Developer News and any unique news tidbits that affect the game.

Answer 3
Any of those moments where the entire party barely scraped through some fantastic battle. Love that.

Ustice
03-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Question 1

* "I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!"

Question 2
All of the examples above.

Question 3
Running Water Works for the first time. I thought to myself, "Wow, this IS D&D."

Gengulphus
03-03-2008, 11:02 AM
If you missed last week's questions, you're welcome to answer them now in addition to this week's:[/center]
Question 1
If you could thank a Turbine representative for something, what would that something be?

Question 2
You are captured by an evil NPC. He informs you that he has discovered the ultimate torment for his prisoners. What is the worst thing he could do to you? (Keep answers within forum guidelines please)

Question 3
Which forum sections do you find you visit the most? Which forum sections do you find you visit the least? (Visit does not necessarily mean that you post in them, it can be simply reading them)

Question 4

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

Last week's questions:

1. I'd thank the Turbine rep for the huge increase in communication between the Devs and players; for monks; for crafting; for the super-cool 2nd anniversary live events!!!

2. Evil NPC, worst thing: make me spend the rest of my days defending Coyle!

3. Most: DDO Development Discussion; Least: PnP Discussion (though now that I mention it, I resolve to check that out more since I'm an avid D&D PnP player!)

4. 2008: Monks; lvl 20 cap; getting my alts capped; getting dragonscale armor; crafting a sweet MOD 6 raid weapon.

This week's questions:

1. "I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group once I've investigated."

2. Visiting forums: news from developers.

3. When I was invited to join the Keepers of the Arcane guild (on the now-defunct Aundair) during Head Start two years ago! It's an awesome group of folks!

xynxie
03-03-2008, 11:02 AM
1) I generally try it on my own first to get a feel for the map....most groups zerg thru cause they know the thing intimately...at first making me dizzy...and saves me at the ageof 43 of getting cussed at by some person for not keeping up....bad thing about being new in this game....once i get my 32 pt builds I plan on making pugs that invite just noobs to walk em thru....I enjoy that

2)Forums are a place for me to look up builds and how things work through others experience.....but mostly I spend time laughing at the so called simple changes and wants folks have...lightens the day

3) The short time I hd been playing....maybe 2 weeks...my bro mike that got me in this game and had made a warforged barb(tis what I had to...he was showing me how to build)....anyway....we ran STK on normal....got to the end....massive room...and he says we are about to get our buts whipped....but I had to show ya this boss...make a long story and fght short....we won....he couldnt believe it....I didnt know any better, so I didnt get his disbelief....but that boss and fight hooked me.

moorewr
03-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Question 1

None of 'em match, but this is closest:

Question 2

I want to laugh, first of all, and I want to learn something new about the game, see screenshots, etc.

Question 3

I have to say my favorite moment is still the first time I zoned into the Plane of Night. Boring answer, I know.

Dailus
03-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Question 1

"I try to go it alone as much as possible. I'm too shy to deal with other people"Question 2
When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc) News from the developers. I check the dev tracker regularly, even while at work.

Question 3
What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment? Actually it was the first day I played. I was doing the goodblade quests with couple others a dwarf named Granitar, and a elf named Vesper Longfeathers and they were roleplaying. I was like holy @$#@#@$ a mmo where people role play! I have played a few other mmo's and the rp was nil to say the least. I was overjoyed to see it on my first day (March 1st 2006).

-Dailus

The_Phenx
03-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Question 1

I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!

Question 2
News, marketplace, and input into the game.

Question 3
Soloing invaders for the first time.

In_Like_Flynn
03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Last week's questions:

Question 1
To each in-game DM that's assisted me - thanks for the quick response!

Question 2
You are captured by an evil NPC. He informs you that he has discovered the ultimate torment for his prisoners. What is the worst thing he could do to you?
I don't know. Sorry.

Question 3
Most: Developer and General forums. Least: Server-specific forums.

Question 4
I'm going to stop rolling new builds and focus on my Main Four. I've been in since day one and have only done the dragon three times and no other raids. I'd like to try those raids, if I can find anyone still doing them.

This week's questions:

Question 1

Question 2
News. Latest bugs and issues to watch out for. Read ideas for improving the game.

Question 3
The minutes after creating my very first character, running through the first few dungeons and realizing that this is exactly how I imagined it. Perfection. Euphoria. 28 years of Pen & Paper and there it was, in front of me, in "3D". I got the shivers. Great moment.

Rkik_Dnec
03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Question 1

* "I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group once I've investigated."
* "I try to go it alone as much as possible. I'm too shy to deal with other people"

Those three, depending on mood and game.

I like running stuff solo because I'm somewhat shy/anti-social. Plus I am a slow typist, so without voice chat I tend to have a tough time communicating quickly. Also, many MMOs really don't have a huge benefit to grouping except in limited cases. For example, WoW. When I played that I had no real interest in grouping because I could basically do everything on my own and it was more relaxing to just play at my own pace. That was also a negative, though, because without that interaction with others, the game became boring after a short time. DDO has a bit of both, but there is much greater focus on the group aspect, so I find myself wanting to group more. This also helps keep the game interesting, because even though I may be doing the same quests repeatedly, the interactions between the players are always different.

Question 2

At work can't log in is the biggest reason. News from developers is second. I also spend some time in the various class forums, as I like to speculate on various builds.

Question 3

The best one in recent memory would be running Durk's Got a Secret for the umpteenth time on my lower level cleric. I was in a group with some fairly new players, and we had managed to get a Muck spawn. Well I got lucky and pulled a Muckbane, and being as it was the second muckbane for this character in as many days, I asked if anyone in the group had never pulled one. Sure enough, someone hadn't, so I handed it off to him. I'm sure it made his day.

Heladron
03-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Question 1

* "I try to find a group as fast as possible. I hate trying to figure this stuff out by myself."
* "I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group once I've investigated."
* "I try to go it alone as much as possible. I can't stand other people"
* "I try to go it alone as much as possible. I'm too shy to deal with other people"

Question 2

Looking for interesting topics
Arguing for the challenge, for the fun and for the learning experience
To see whose complaining about the game today

Question 3
Pulling my first Vorpal Longsword from one of the Reaver chests. It only took just shy of two years, but it felt pretty great. Then to make it sweeter I triple vorpal'd. It was three devils in the Vale. Three 20's in a row. It was in that one pit where the named bearded Devil shows up, by the big tree. I'll never forget how fun that was and how amazing.

RazorrX
03-03-2008, 11:15 AM

Question 1
"I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group once I've investigated."I like to take my time and actually experience the game and dungeons first before hooking up with people. Main reasons are by the time a game has gone live the beta players have already done all the low quests, if you are late getting the game (either by a few weeks, months, years, etc.) the bulk of the players know the stuff and just want to run through on their way to higher end things. This kind of ruins the experience for me as a new player. It prevents me from the wonderous joy of discovery that they got to have when they started. So, for sure I prefer first time experience to be nice and slow, thus often solo.

Question 2

News from the Devs mostly. I come in while I am at work to catch up on stuff, see builds, etc. but really mainly try and see what is going on in the game itself, what is planned, etc.

Question 3

I dont know, there are so many things that hit high notes for me. I guess 4 things that jump to mind with DDO.

1) First time I ever logged in. The game looked awesome, and combat was a hoot. I tried to do every single quest on the newbie Isle. I think I took the first day and kept deleting and creating characters just to see how they felt. Never left the starter isle.

2) When I pulled my first every glowy weapon. Baudry Cartamon's quest The Sword of Pain. I felt great having a sweet glowy sword to run around with. Funny thing though, I have not gotten that again, was a fluke I guess.

3) Doing Proof is in the Poison and having the barbarian of the group jump down as I was on the bridge looking for traps. I heard "Hey, what does this lever do?" right before I died. :D (I think maybe one or two of us had done the quest before, and then only once).

4) Gary Gygaxx doing the DM voice for Delera's tomb. It brought out the inner geek. Any chance of getting Mr. Baker to do one?

MysticRhythms
03-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Question 1

Question 2

Mostly at work and can't log in but when I do I look for news from developers.

Question 3

Tie. First Velah kill and guiding a group through VoN 3 as my first time in the "guide" role.

Hambo
03-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

1). "I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group once I've investigated." (Explanation: I don't have a new character inducted into my guild until it's proven itself by soloing to at least level 3)

2). a. Dev notes. b. bug reports/solutions c. De-railing, with judicious use of quotes, the idea that anything has been "promised" to us by a certain date.

3). a. Hitting 400 favor (actually had over 400 when favor and Drow were introduced) b. Hitting 1750 favor with first Drow

villainsimple
03-03-2008, 11:32 AM

Question 2

Determine the direction of the game, and get news on issues that matter (such as the very needed rebalancing of dwarves), not fluff.

Question 3

I've never enjoyed the game as much as when I've played permadeath play.

DasLurch
03-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Question 1

this one I guess

Question 2

Dev news, answers to things I don't know, humor

Question 3

#1- The 2nd time I ever came face to face with Velah on my Rogue. The last blast of fire from her wiped out most of our group including our clerics. There was a ranger and I left. I was able to rez the clerics and was lucky enough to score the delving suit :)
#2- WAAAAAAAAY back in mar/apr '06 when I was finally getting through WW for the 1st time, I set foot into the marketplace and thought, "OK, now what?"

tihocan
03-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Question 1

Question 2
Reading dev tracker.
Answering questions on the forums while I'm at work.
Sometimes arguing on game mechanics ;)

Question 3
When my Ring of the Ancestors gave me a Kundarak Delving Suit: I was the only one left after defeating Velah, and the ring allowed me to raise the rest of the party... and one of them got the suit and gave it to me :D

Yaga_Nub
03-03-2008, 11:48 AM

Question 1

Question 2

Information and something to do at work when I'm not busy. :)

Question 3

This is one of my top moments because I still start laughing when I think about it:

I took a newly leveled 12th level ranger/paladin into the SR raid with some friends and when asked who was going to tank I said I would. So we buff up and I take off after the SR. Less then 10 seconds later I'm in the timeout room and everyone is laughing. That still cracks me up when I think about it and my friends of course don't let me forget it either. :)

Therbjorn
03-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Question 1
I would probably be a representative for new players. I would make sure it was easy to learn the ropes and I would help out.

Question 2
Kick me from my guild or take away my axe, Sasha II.

Question 3
Ooh...I probably visit the class sections the most, and the general section the least.

Question 4
Getting my barb to the level cap, rolling a monk, perhaps starting my own guild, and becoming the official ruler of Stormreach :D

Impaqt
03-03-2008, 11:49 AM
[center]This week's question(s) are:

Question 1

You Missed on that I feel is Important.

I Group Often, but I'm not afraid to solo an explorer area or Quest just for the Challenge. Group First, Then Solo fo rthe Challenge.... I feel this playstyle has a large base. Most of the most prlific soloers int he game certanly donth ave trouble finding a group.

Question 2
I use the forums to share my knowledge of the game.

Question 3
Most memorable? Hmmm... Probobly pulling my First Vorpal out of BAM.

ANswers within

Pellegro
03-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Question 1

A little bit of both .... my favorite thing in game is running a quest the first time, but I like doing it with really good players b/c frankly while I'm an OK player, I'm no Dora

Question 2

News with would be primary. But I do enjoy keeping tabs on the pulse of the community, and I like forcing my own opinions on others. Hehe. Kidding. Kind of. :o

Question 3

First time in WW (having only run solo the lvl 1 stuff before that) tied with First Velah kill. Both of these gave me real rushes.

Mad_Bombardier
03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
1) "I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!"
2) Newbie/class help, then Dev Discussion
3) (I'll have to think and get back to you.)

Thraxes
03-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Question 1

Question 2

It would be to here what the Dev's are saying.

Question 3

when i maxed out my favor on my rogue.

Vorn
03-03-2008, 12:57 PM
1) "I try to find a group as fast as possible, the more the merrier."

2) To attempt to become an astute student of the game--development posts, builds, quest techniques, ask for help,....

3) A few come to mind: 1) the servers going live and the fun of bringing my PnP character to life in an online game who is still my main chararcter 28-pt "gimp" and all; 2) First look at the vault of night--wow; 3) the thrill of solving the Reaver for the first time on elite with seconds to spare (in the pre-puzzle program days); 4) finally acquiring a longed for piece of loot; 5) getting to meet some great folks who both are skillful players and who like to have fun (sometimes those seem mutually exclusive:)).

Fahkrin
03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
-------------------------- Let's Get Started! --------------------------

If you missed last week's questions, you're welcome to answer them now in addition to this week's:
Question 1

Thanks for respawning The Voice during VON5 after I stupidly recalled out and thought it would just drop from my corpse.

Question 2

Taking away my Vorpal

Question 3

Dev Tracker

Question 4

Play less and focus on the big events going on IRL

Question 1

Question 2
Following Dev News

Question 3

Taking out Velah for the first time with all of 2 seconds left on the timer.

And thats is my $0.02

Kargon
03-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

1. I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!

2. News from developamers and taking mind off work and discussiming game and socialmizing all pretty importamant.

3. Well this one time an item get name after Kargon... maybe have heard about Kargon's Tasty Ham somemawhere ;)

Inkblack
03-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Question 1

If I wanted to play solo, I wouldn't be playing an MMO. Every character I have is designed to function as part of a group. Just my 2cp.

Question 2
Planning for upcoming changes, increasing my knowledge of the game.

Question 3
Happy? Beating a difficult quest when the entire group is playing at top form. For me, it was Running with the Devils on Elite with no wipes, no recalling out, using minimal resources (2 heal scrolls plus a mana pot), and no exploits.

Memorable? VoN6 the first time. Wow. It feels heroic to stand on top of the world and face down a dragon.

Ink

akla_thornfist
03-03-2008, 01:11 PM
1- find groups fast the more the merryer

2- socilizing with the rest of the forum freaks

3- for me it would have to be the first time i laid eyes on velah, i said to the rest of the group we gotta fight her.

Talish
03-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Question 1

Question 2

Information on just about everything. I visit the Khyber forums to keep in touch with my fellow Khyberians

Question 3

Running the lightnouse quest in the harbor for the very first time, three manned it, No one had any +1 equipment etc. When the fire mephit first spawned it was awesome even if he did kill two of us. Then as we were running back into the quest listening to my husband's rogue as he was being chased around by the mephit trying to stay alive. As we zoned in the first thing I saw was hubby's little elf running around the bookcase with the fire mephit in hot pursuit. It was hilarious and hooked all three of us on DDO. We all still play to this day.

The_Ick
03-03-2008, 01:35 PM

Question 1

Question 2
News & Updated from Devs

Question 3
Naked Tempest Spine run. ahhhhh memories :D

My Answers...

Tanka
03-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Question 1

Question 2
Discussion of the game and ideas involving the game, discussion of character builds.

Question 3
I don't really have one, per se.

WestiesMA
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM

For creating something that has been such a big part of my life for the last 2 years.

Question 2

Make me run LOTD quests over and over again.

Question 3

DDO General Discussion; PnP Discussion

[I]Question 4

Keeping my guildies in the game when AoC launches in May.

Question 1

[Question 2

Research, news, discussions, bored at work

[Question 3

In terms of gaming, the first time I saw the dragon fly up over the Plane of Night. My best moment overall though was getting a tell from a special someone :)

GoldyGopher
03-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Question 1

Question 2

Keeping up with the current news.

Question 3

Leveling up my first character to second level.

rfachini
03-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Question 1

Question 2
News from developers on the game. Secondary: Tips on the game from fellow players.

Question 3
Oh, not sure... beating the dragon for the first time, finding tomes, joking around with friends, showing people new parts of the game, being in events (Turbine events, town hall meeting, guild events like our guild wedding or Deal or No Deal event)

Beherit_Baphomar
03-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Question 1

"I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!" ./signed. But also to maximize my time ingame as it relates to LOOTZORZ!

Question 2
When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc) Dev news, at work cant log in, to flame, to troll, to joke, to block out my boss.

Question 3
What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment? Happiest memory was when I was but a n00b. Had no idea how to party, no idea what anything was, was around level 3 maybe? And a person named Atomic brought a few of us n00bs together and showed us alotta stuff. He ran Dirks with us, me and one more person. Well, a Muckbane fell for the other person, but not me. Atomic opened a trade window, explained not to close the trade window this time, and stuck a Muckbane in there for me. He then explained how to accept the Muckbane and told me never to sell it. I still have that muckbane. He/she is a major reason I am still playing DDO.

Answers in Spilled Devil Blood on the Marketplace Floor Red.

Oh and P.S; Tell Tolero FTW!

Alexander_Illusioni
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Question 1

Question 2
When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc) Check out the devs postings, I like facts , not the fiction many post.

Question 3
What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment? Three manning all the raids, sans shroud.

Deriaz
03-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Question 1

Though I'm really bad at meeting new people, I still love the social aspect of MMORPGs. (Go figure.) I'm still an independent, though, but groups always come first if I can.

Question 2

Just seeing what the new complaint of the week is, seeing what people are nitpicking about, and all that stuff. Join in on some of the humor, stay away if it's a flame-fest (Though those are fun to read).

Question 3

I've got three, actually.

One was when I was accepted into the Crimson Nexus. It was my first real role-playing guild, and I was ecstatic that Turen, one of the Officers, told me that I had been accepted. I tended to be quiet, but hey, it was still freakin' awesome. :3

Second was when the Roleplayers' Syndicate fell through, and I kind of got lost in all the turmoil. A few people I had ran with, from Blue Line, asked me what was going on. Told them about what was up (Won't bore you with details.), and they said "Well, if you want a home, you're a good player, and fun to hang out with. You can tag with us." So I did. If I had to pick out of these three, I would definitely say I've had fun times with these guys. Walked me into my first raid, beat the Dragon with them for the first time, and hell, they gave me a bunch of Bastard Swords and stuff to un-gimp my character. These guys taught me the ropes--when I was level 9.

Finally, joining the Fellowship of the Golden Night. (I don't think I need to explain myself here, Tolero. ;))

-D

Hence
03-03-2008, 04:15 PM

Question 1

Question 2
At work, can't log in... looking for news from developers. About sums it up... oh and information on crafting.

Question 3
I've had quite a few happy, memorable in-game moments... I just can't recall any. Not much as of late though.

Answers highlighted in red for your convenience.

Memnir
03-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Question 1
This is a social game, and I tend to be a social guy. I enjoy playing with my friends, as well as making new ones.

Question 2
To see what's new from the Devs, if anything. Then I check my server forums to see see what folks are talking about there, or if there are any trade posts that may interest me or my guild mates.

Question 3
My most memorable would be when I was with Illuminati Sancti and we were the first group to take down the red dragon, game-wide. It was a big deal, and I'm still proud of it.

My happiest would be when the Xoriat community rallied around me when I needed it most. No need to go into details - but the whole server surprised me by how much they cared and were willing to give of themselves. I'm still humbled and awed by the kindness and generosity that was on display. I know those are words most outsiders would not associate with our tough little server - but it's very true that we were like a tight knit family over there, and the community had my back in my darkest hour.

Sem34
03-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Question 1

Question 2
News from Developers, But have to say that I am really liking the in-game event with the added stories/ chatter from the forums, its adding depth to the story line and giving the players a voice…
Question 3

The first time I enter a Raid (back in Beta seeing the Storm Giant- TS, I was not too impressed with what they did) and see the Boss… I love how the art work was done for Big Red (Velah), Toy Robot (Titan), DQ (lol no funny name), Reaver, and Pit Fiend…. Never got to see Abbot :(... hope to one day

MrWizard
03-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Question 1
Thanks for the memories.

Question 2
Makes me do a dungeon and all the optionals, conquest, ransack, etc and take an hour for a one minute dungeon, then repeat it 10 times. Also called 'powerleveling' by newbs.

Question 3
General, Thelanis, Class (sorc,wiz,general), newbie help..in that order.

[I]Question 4
Hoping less development will be on raids (unless like Tempest spine) and more on actual dungeon content at all levels. Also a raid sized outdooor area for the boring times...and lastly, hoping they will add a 12 man difficulty to regular dungeons, all of them.

Question 1

Question 2
Learn how others deal with the game and its mechanics, close tie with boredom.

Question 3
Being the first to solo invaders elite. I had never done anything uber before (or since..lol)...but that was the cake man...a sweaty battle all the way.

I always miss a week....can we stop changing the name of this...?? LOL

Perhaps a sticky would be bettter?

geoffhanna
03-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Keep up with game developments, check item availability on the market page
A BareBones STK run where I was blinded right away... guild rules prevent leaving and re-entering and no one could cure me, so I went the entire chapter navigating by map alone and swinging my sword on the off chance something was in front of it. Much to the delight of my partners who were too busy laughing to be much help guiding me. ... <laughter> "You're stuck on the wall ..." <guffaws> ... <chortles> "... again ..."

Sertrynus
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Question 1
Question 2
When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc) Find out Info and keep up to date with the WDAs

Question 3
What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment? Beating the WF Titan on Elite

Akhad_Durn
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM

Question 1

Maybe "I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!" some of the time.

What I really (and I think most people) do is:

group with friends first, if they're not around
group with guild, and if they're all busy
PUG.
For me, it helps that my guild is all friends, what doesn't help is that they're mainly inactive at this point.

Question 2

Gather information nuggets from dev posts, post on things I'm having issues with, and voice my opinion on proposed change implementations. I'm rarely here to socialize, doing that in-game is sooo much better.

Question 3

First logging on as a newb. The game was so big, and the rules so close to what I knew, and everything looked awsome.

VonBek
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
1: Blend these two:

2: Current information, and clarification. Devs and more knowledgeable players help a great deal, as I've not played PnP for 20 years, and lack the time resources to gain current detailed rules information.

3: Anytime I laugh with my buddies, or get over a hurdle that's bugged me awhile. I'll post something specific, when I can distill it to one event, or type of event.

Affront
03-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Answer 1: "I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!" (though sometimes it's more like: "I try to go it alone as much as possible. I'm too shy to deal with other people")

Answer 2: To read Dev Tracker and check out the other forum segments I mentioned that I visit in an earlier question.

Answer 3: I'm not sure that I have one single moment in the game that comes to mind. There were many times when my wizard was able to turn the tide of a fight by using a hold spell, magic missle, finger of death, or banishment. Sneaking my ranger past flensers in Invasion to gather up the stones of party members. Seeing Velah for the first time (I really should do that quest more often).

Have a fun week.

QuixoticDan
03-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Question 1

"I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!" <--- this one in DDO
"I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group once I've investigated." <--- this one in LOTRO
"I try to go it alone as much as possible. I can't stand other people" <--- this one in WoW, so I left

Question 2
Socializing with the Muskateers first, news from developers and advice from experienced players second...but I'm usually on the forums when I'm at work.

Question 3
What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment?[/QUOTE]
PuGging and suddenly finding out I'm with the Muskateers is my best so far; I love any group that starts as strangers and ends as friends. It's even better when they say hello to you days later. :)

Hakushi
03-04-2008, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=Tolero;1595253]Question 1

Question 2

News from Developpers, and then visiting the server forum.

Question 3

The first time I faced Velah, and second, and mostly tied, the first time our guild took down the Titan, it was the first kill on Riedra.

MysticTheurge
03-04-2008, 07:32 AM

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

1) "I try to find a group doing something I want to, but if there isn't one, then I go it alone." (Or, if you really, really want me to pick one of your options. "I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!")

2) Discussing game design, getting news and updates about the game, helping people.

3) I might have to give this some more thought.

5footStep
03-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Question 1
Continuing adherance to Eberron Lore and storyline progression that involves Eberron geo/political plots.

Question 2
Help Cog the bartender endlessly wipe the same spot on the bar.

Question 3
General Discussion, Development and Server Forumes for most. Off topic and Achievements the least.

Question 4
A move away from endless grinding of raids. Implementation of random traps and puzzles... oh.. and... a new city in Xendrik we can visit.. *cough cough* DAR QAT

Question 1
"I try to go it alone as much as possible. I'm too shy to deal with other people"Question 2
When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc) Keeping up with EVERYTHING... news.. socializing..

Question 3
Hrm.. so hard since each day pretty much has one. MOST memorable in-game moment would be when a guildmate charged Velah shouting "Die With Your Boots On"... while we were all standing around talking about strategy. He locked the rest of the raid outside of the gate in front of Velah and became a human matchstick. hehee

that was awesome

JayDubya
03-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

Q1: I often solo to learn the lay of the land, and then start grouping. I hate being completely dependent on others to get through quests.
Q2: News from developers, ideas from the other players
Q3: When my son learned why zerging is annoying to clerics :)

ChildrenofBodom
03-04-2008, 09:13 AM

Question 1

Eh, none of the above, I'm all about my guilds.

Question 2

Usually I try and make trades. Though I haven't been pulling stuff lately that people want. Haven't had a PM in forever! :D

And checking out the crafting forum to find out new stuff and get all the information on the new mods.

Question 3

Lots.

1. Getting Drow. Man I was excited to make a drow. Don't remeber what I made first though.

2. Getting 1750. I took a screenshot of all those beautiful +2 tomes I could choose from. :D

3. Back when I was in Dmg Inc. (also known as "The Warhorse Brigade") We were such a tight group. We had about 5 people that would always be on and running together. Lots of great memories from that guild until ,unfortuneately, it fell apart. :(

4. Back when wizard king came out, paralizers, vorpals, etc. were still very rare, of course not as rare as they were before wiz king came out though, and I pulled a +1 Paralyzing Bastard sword. Ah the feeling, that cold chill giong down your spine when you realized what you have ust pulled. I remember everyone in the party going NICE MAN!!! A PARALIZER!! Of course no one gets excited about paralizers anymore. heh

5. The last one is when I left Dmg Inc. because of someone, I did a short man Titan with Punisher, one of Invulnerable's (Kevr0) brothers and he invited me to Incarnation. I have been in Incarnation ever since.

Mercules
03-04-2008, 09:31 AM
If you missed last week's questions, you're welcome to answer them now in addition to this week's:[/center]
Question 1

Putting up with us players. We are a strange lot, often at odds with ourselves and trying to satisfy even a majority of us(because you will never satisfy all of us) must be difficult and stressful.

Question 2

No clue.

Question 3

Most? General and Developer areas. Least? Off-topic, I don't come here to chat about your cats. :)

Question 4

Hmmm.. I'm hoping DDO will correct a few issues. Expand spells. Expand the uses for skills. Make AC worthwhile by modeling monster attacks similar to our attack progression.

Question 1

I usually don't start to group in DDO until I decide to run WWs. I'll get to level 2 or 3 by soloing through most of the harbor stuff. By then I have a pretty good feel from my character and I've gotten to enjoy some play with them before I start mingling with people who will be... Um... Well, either green or twinked all to heck and back.

Question 2

I like to find out what is being worked on. I also like to be sure that when people request for a change in the game my views on the direction of the game get heard along with everyone else's. Usually if I am on the forums it is because I am at work and it is slow so I have time to read and/or post.

Question 3
Gwylan's Stand with a friend of mine. I had done the quest once before with my first character. I had this new Rogue 7/Barbarian 1 character(one of my two original) and my friend had his Paladin 6/ Sorcerer 1 that he had just splashed to add more SPs to and gain access to wands. This was in the days before the auction house and we had ok, but not great gear.

My memory of the quest was, "There are a lot of traps, Minotaurs, Trolls, and quite a few casters." I remember neither of us had a Flaming or Acid Weapon. In fact I think my best Dwarven Axe(Dwarven Rogue/Barbarian) was +1 Shock of Backstabbing and his was a Holy Long Sword. Normal trolls we could kill. One of the named Trolls regenerated so quickly and hit so hard that when we stopped to heal each other up, he healed up as well. The CLW wands I could UMD(75&#37; of the time) and his CMW wands just were not getting us back into the fight quick enough.

After burning through a few wands I finally had the idea of, "I could run him through some of the traps." So I grabbed his agro and started running. My friend kept me going as I ran through other mobs and trained them all into traps. I went through the spikes and hung a left remembering there was some big fire trap now that I was in there. Drinking a potion I ran everything through the trap until we could finally finish off the boss troll. My friend would stand near the trap on one side and I would run into the trap with the troll, run back through and jump through him and to the side so the troll would get jammed up in the corner formed by him and the wall and stay in it longer.

We proceeded to finish the whole quest deathless. I went in their the next day with a different character thinking, "Oh a full party, this will be a cake walk." and we had a party wipe from one of the named minotaurs and people were dying left and right to stupid play and lack of tactics. I remember being really proud of my friend and I for working our way through a nearly unknown quest without the weapons we needed to deal with Trolls and not dying.

The best times I've had in this game have been I and a couple people short manning quests of about equal level with crappy gear.

zoomor
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I am still loading the game and have not tried it. but i have been reading about it; i am a long time D&D player going back to the origonal boxed set. anyways my question to the Dev's is Is there a crafting system and if there isnt when will you be adding one. crafting in any mmo is a must. i jsut love that side to the game not all hack and slash as it was put in the origonal DM's guide. something one should avoid as a DM.

looking forward to playing soon....

:)

Ishturi
03-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Question 1

The implication of the item: Kargon's Tasty Ham

Question 2

hmmm.... teleport into a small room, give you DR 30/-, and spawn 10 air ele's with DC 30 whirlwinds.

Question 3

Development section = most, server forums = least

Question 4

New Continents, Classes (Namely Warlocks), Prestige Classes, Spells (like Fly (even if it's a level 9 spell))

Question 1

* "I try to find a group as fast as possible. I hate trying to figure this stuff out by myself."

Probably a combination of the first and third option. And some of the fourth, depending on the game.

Question 2

News, suggestions, and fun

Question 3

last night's live event was epic... but a happy moment was when my group pulled 4 dreamspitters in 1 reaver run :eek:, and some memorable ones are the billion doors in haywire's new factory and finding the arcane skelly for the first time in that one quest early on.

salmag
03-04-2008, 07:46 PM

1. Developing this game.

2. "Put me in the Comfy Chair. There always time for a Spanish Inquisition."

3. Development Discussion

1. "I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!"

2. news from developers

3. Every time I run with guildies gives me good experiences, and happy memories.

ZarakNur
03-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Question 1

"I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group of people I know once I've investigated."

Question 2

At first it was just for information, until I found a group of like minded people to goof around with.

Question 3

Running with friends

DrAwkward
03-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Wow, this week's questions got buried in "zomg devils! panic!" posts.

Q: When playing any multi-player game, which of the following best describes you?
A: I prefer group play, because it allows more to happen faster. However, in group play, I'm promising the group that I will see the quest to completion, regardless of the time it takes. Most weeknights I don't have enough time available to make that promise, so I do a lot of solo play.

Q: When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so?
A: Getting tidbits of how the game is developing, and offering ideas to improve it overall.

Q: What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment?[/QUOTE]
A: Near launch, we got a static group together that would run all new content together for the first time.
Going into any quest, none of new what was going on. The rogue had to scout, and the rest of us crept along cautiously behind. It was real Dungeons and Dragons.

Starting with the first raid, out little group fell apart. The heavily scripted nature of the encounter made it impossible to "muddle through, D&D style" like we'd been doing. I still enjoy the game, but it doesn't have the D&D feel to it anymore. My adventures lately have been guided tours where I watch a set of red bars.

The most memorable specific moment was the first time through STK; I'm standing in the middle of a plus-sign shaped room watching my minions^B^B^B^B^B^B party solve a tile puzzle. One of them says "Rusty, you may not want to stand on the door." I answer with "What doo?ooooaaaaaahhhhhh." I swear my heart leapt in my throat like I was actually falling.

sirgog
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Question 1

When I want to group (more often than not), I'd be Option 2. But sometimes I feel like soloing (mainly for the challenge), and at those tims I can be pretty antisocial, tho not quite to the extent of option 4.

Question 2

Information on in-game things I wouldn't have the time to find out myself (e.g. Crafting recipes), plus getting Dev info and giving Dev feedback.

Question 3

[b]First completions of genuinely tough stuff, such as Elite Running with the Devils, Elite Against the Demon Queen (the preraid, might not be tough now that cap is 16), Elite Ghosts of Perdition (not tough now, but this was Day 1 of release and we had no idea how to do it :eek:)

Guildmaster_Kadish
03-05-2008, 04:13 PM

Question 1

"I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!" "I try to run some things on my own at first, then I try to rustle up a group once I've investigated."

Question 2
Finding information (be it development info, the latest crafting recipes, or trade threads) and discussing strategy/builds.

Question 3
Finding a scroll of Mordenkainen's Sword. :) :D

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mordenkainensswordwz6.jpg

Master Kadish

asdfss
03-06-2008, 09:11 PM
question 1:When playing any multi-player game, which of the following best describes you?

I try to run things on my own and then see about getting into a group

caveat: I don't do this in DDO because I find soloing to be highly inefficient and time consuming. I only solo if I have a significant amount of time. In other words I am unable to play in my preferred playstyle in this game.

question 2: When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc)

Mostly finding information and/or perusing people's points of views on things.

question 3: What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment?

So far, finishing a 3 man PUG Pit run two levels below the level of the instance.

And because I fell like it

Question 2 from last week: What is the worst thing an NPC could make me do?
Raid. I'd rather be burned alive than do a raid instance.

Karavek
03-07-2008, 10:02 AM
old questions first

1) absolutely nothing to thank them for I come to havea D&D experiance and largely find myself in a sub par game which takes advantage of my love for the tabletop, and my need for an occasional D&D fix.

2) captured by a villain, no prob he just needs to buy me off and Ill go whack the 12 for him.

3) aspirations in 2008 actually have fun without being ****ed off by the tyrannical 12.

New questions.

1) Id much rather solo things my first time through the game not my 2nd, having to join groups just to get through quest and therefore being told waht to do and where to go destroys any feeling of adventure and exploration I get on the tabletop.

2)I come to the forums to rant at the 12 tyrants who need to sit behind a DM screen where I can hit them with a well thrown Dice bag. Also to trade sometimes but Id much prefer a live in game trade line. the Auction house is bunch of B.S with how much jink they skim off you.

3) Best memories include cool and kind acts largely from strangers who clearly have the spirit of D&D strong within them. Of quest Id say my recent attempt to solo a quest Id never done before called Reclamation, I failed near the end ,was far from a Meta game build, lacking the super AC and DPS of the L337i27 who like to brag solo is something you earn the right to, but soloing something ive already done as a group lacks any sense of wonder or satisfaction, as does being forced to play a high str/con dwarf or WF to be a mighty warrior.

Worst memory being harrassed by Admin for using the LFM to try and trade, being told its for social use only. Trade is social you bloody tyrants, and those who may not think so or prefer using the auction to try and get insane prices can go leap of Velahs lair without FF. Dont like it add a bloody live trade chat like other MMO have. Trade on the forums takes to much time and is rather annoying to have to log off the game to come check every few hours if there is something you are really trying to get fast.

Jaggie
03-08-2008, 06:47 AM
missed last week's questions, soo..:
1 If you could thank a Turbine representative for something, what would that something be?
Not having a mental break down and baning everyone on the forums, just to keep all the negative, rule breaking folk silent. That's got to be one of the hardest things to deal with.

2You are captured by an evil NPC. He informs you that he has discovered the ultimate torment for his prisoners. What is the worst thing he could do to you?
Not much really. Joke wise steal all the cookies in my bank. I have a good 2000 or more... But real torture? Hmm.. Blind my character, place me in a room full of barriers, give me full SP and have all my allies hp start dropping. I'm a healer bard who really should be a cleric some days. I'll heal anyone that's in my party, even when they zerg, aggro, are 10 lvl's lower then me, or even a negative rule breaker folk. I just hate seeing peoples health bars drop.

3 Which forum sections do you find you visit the most? Which forum sections do you find you visit the least?

I visit Thelanis, General, Event and sometimes the cupcake musketeers sign-in. Heh.. Everything else... no not really.

4 What are your aspirations for DDO for 2008?
Just keeping going. I want to see DDO 2009.

This week's questions:

1 When playing any multi-player game, which of the following best describes you?

Yup. That's what I do. :) Learn the game a little on my own. Then take the first invite or start looking to take invites from others.

2 When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: news from developers, socializing with server mates, at work and can't log in, etc)

Ummm... No real reason really... Think I'm just nosy and like to see what's on the go. Most times I look for a funny post or something like that. Anything for a good laugh.

3 What is your most happy and/or memorable in-game moment?

To many. I've surrounded myself by happy and fun loving people. Plenty of good times with them all. How about my most resent. When Berryman and Optatio made this http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=137878 I went over to see it in game. :D It makes me a happy w'ittle warforged.

Claver
03-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Question 1

The essence D&D from the PNP days was sitting around a table making stupid jokes with your friends till 2 in the morning. The voice chat and quest structure of DDO recreates this. In my mind, the point of MMOs is the social interaction - otherwise I'd be playing Oblivion or Half-Life. I do occasionally like to solo to explore the content at my own pace (read the quest dialog, admire the landscape, etc.); but for the most part, I prefer groups

Question 2

New from Developers and a chance to provide input for development

Question 3

One that just came to mind, perhaps because of your first question, was my first time questing through the catacombs. Shortly after I started playing I hooked up with a PUG that had a hilarious guy with a thick New York accent. Another player was a mother with two Toddlers occasionally chiming in over voice chat. The NY guys was saying something like "You probably haven't had a chance to take a shower, I can see you now with cheerios in your hair and on the floor. That's so hot!!" We were all joking around about how our DDO characters didn't look like us in real life, especially the female elves with cross dressing male players. Goofing around over the voice chat was what made the adventure so much fun (sorry, catacombs is not otherwise my favorite quest). The cool thing about voice chat is that it gives you a better sense that you really are playing with people from all over. It hard to type in a NY accent or catch the goo-goos of toddlers in the background with an LOL. Voice chat makes me feel instantly close to strangers 1000 miles away.

flash145
03-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Question 1

I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier

Question 2

Dev News, Trade Updates, Laughing at silly posts

Question 3

Flying over Stormreach

Luthen
03-09-2008, 11:56 AM

Question 1

Question 2

New from the Devs. I used to enjoy socializing with my server mates more until Turbine killed the Xoriat forums. thelanis forums are just not the same and, frankly, are just to tame for a former Xorian.

Question 3

Well... many years ago, when I played Everquest, a friend of mine had died IRL. We had a small group of friends in game but nothing major at the time. The GMs, after receiving a request from a friend of ours, posted an in game, cross-server, world wide message for a moment of silence. Now while this may seem like it wouldn't be a happy time it just made me proud of that community that around the world there were people taking that moment of silence in memory of someone they didnt know but all had something in common with.

As for DDO. My most memorable time is easily when D.W.A.T. was formed. Initially we were not a guild. For awhile we were not a guild. We were a collection of people from many, MANY, guilds who would all respond to the call if needed. As a bunch of individuals we accomplished what many guilds couldn't in the early days and our members were called upon to "help" other guilds learn quests and raids. We eventually became a guild because that's what like minded individuals do. But nothing will ever beat those early days when we had the respect of our peers not because we were some Uber guild but because we were those go to guys.

IMPROVISE. ADAPT. OVERCOME.

{This message is here because if it wasn't my "message" would be to short to allow me to post}

Garth_of_Sarlona
03-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Question 1[/I]

Taking the time to post on the forums

Question 2

Make me collect 10 kobold tails, 10 wolf hides and 10 cat tails.

Question 3

Visit: Links from the devtracker. Crafting forums/posts. Server marketplace sometimes.
Don't visit: class forums very often

Question 4

Roll a monk.

Question 1

Question 2

Getting information. Keeping up on developer activities. Helping other players.

Question 3

Either: My first dragon raid vs Velah or, more recently, building my Mineral II Khopesh.

Garth

KIELBASEE555
03-09-2008, 06:04 PM
1: i would like to be a fighter but find my self with weapons that are ifearior to the quest needs almost all the time. as a fighter i have see people
telling to just kill things, dont try to lead. as a cleric i do not mind being the primary healer, but wind up doing it as a starving healer finacially. there are to many well to do "MONEY BAGS" sorcerers that just completely forget how much healling wands, scrolls and rezz scrolls cost.

2: other than going to the development section, i do not have a regular forum.

3: from the madar server... there was this teenager alternate called demmi. i have seen dragon raids fall all apart when some one invited him into it. YES it was painfull to have him in a quest with you but his social life was funny. there was a time when he was playing the game, that people came to his house and beat him up. he did not have the sence to get off the game so we could hear him in RL fight mode.
he was the type of player who just did not care about the exp negative dept. and wound up haveing to redo 20 to 40 thousand exp.
he would die over and over and over. he would come to players with a excited "HEY I FOUND SOME THING TO GIVE YOU". he came over with various monsters for others to fight.

there was another guy who liked to do a impersonations of jack nickles who created a guild called --I'm not right in the head--. he was also funny to be with.

GlassCannon
03-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Question 1
"I try to find a group as fast as possible. The more the merrier!" - Addendum - I prefer a group to solo content, but if there isn't anything happening I will attempt to solo some content for XP on my non capped characters. The Death Tax hinders or completely prevents this at times.Question 2
When you visit community forums, what is your primary interest in doing so? (examples: longcat vs tacgnol, 'fishy fish oh fishy fish... and it went wherever I did go', NI!!!, broken symmetry in the time domain) --- New subject matter, bugs, or older topics that could benefit the community.

Question 3

Being doted upon by veterans when my gear absolutely stunk(Newbie, 2nd week). I still have that +1 Holy Warhammer.

Spoons.

PS - Kielbasee555, the name is Demii Goddess, and he was an Elf Wizard Pure with 6 CON and 8 STR. His voice scars my mind.