PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Dev Activities 3/3/08

Quarion
03-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Weekly Development Activities

The following are items which are in development or QA testing for release in Module 7.

General

Monks have been added to the game as a new playable class!UI Improvements

NEW A confirmation dialog has been added to the Default button in the Options UI.Spells
General Spell Changes

NEW The turn-you-to-stone effects used by elder earth elementals and stone scorpions are now named "Petrify" so as not to confuse warforged who are immune to "flesh to stone", but not to these effects.
NEW When you summon a monster into your own persistent AOE (cloudkill, blade barrier, wall of fire, etc), it will no longer take damage on arriving in the world.Skills, Feats, & Abilities
New Feats
The following iconic monk feats have been added to the game:
Purity of Body – You are immune to all forms of disease, including magical or supernatural diseases.
Wholeness of Body – Permits a monk to regain health over time.
Diamond Body – You have mastered your metabolism, and are immune to poison.
Timeless Body – Your body and soul are your own, and you do not create spawn effects should you fall in combat with the undead. Enhancements
New Enhancements
Halfling Cunning IV
Cost: 4 Action Points
Prereqs: Level 14 Halfling, Halfling Cunning III, 48 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +1 bonus to attack rolls when flanking an enemy, bringing the total increase to 4.
Halfling Guile I
Cost: 1 Action Point
Prereqs: Level 3 Halfling, Halfling Cunning I, 7 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain +2 to your sneak attack damage and +1 to bluff.
Halfling Guile II
Cost: 2 Action Points
Prereqs: Level 7 Halfling, Halfling Cunning II, Halfling Guile I, 22 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +2 to your sneak attack damage, bringing the total increase to 4, and an additional +1 to bluff, bringing the total increase to 2.
Halfling Guile III
Cost: 3 Action Points
Prereqs: Level 11 Halfling, Halfling Cunning III, Halfling Guile II, 37 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +2 to your sneak attack damage, bringing the total increase to 6, and an additional +1 to bluff, bringing the total increase to 3.
Halfling Guile IV
Prereqs: Level 15 Halfling, Halfling Cunning IV, Halfling Guile III, 52 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +2 to your sneak attack damage, bringing the total increase to 8, and an additional +1 to bluff, bringing the total increase to 4.
Paladin Bulwark of Good IV:
Cost: 8 Action Points
Prereqs: Level 15 Paladin, Paladin Bulwark of Good III, 48 action points spent.
Benefit: Your aura of good provides an additional +4 Armor Class bonus.
Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy IV:
Prereqs: Level 14 Rogue, Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy III, 48 action points spent.
Benefit: You gain an additional +1 bonus to hit with your sneak attacks. General Enhancement Changes
Weapons conjured by the Holy Sword spell and arrows created by the Arcane Archer enhancement are no longer destroyed at the end of a dungeon. These items now persist until you have been logged out for half an hour or more.
The costs of Halfling Cunning I - III and Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I - III have been reduced to 1 action point per level.
The bonus granted by Rogue Sneak Attack Training has been increased to 3 points of sneak attack damage per level.
Rogue Way of the Assassin I now grants a passive +4 bonus to sneak attack damage in addition to its other effects.
The effect of Paladin Divine Righteousness I, Rogue Way of the Assassin I active abilities, and Rogue Way of the Thief-Acrobat I "Showtime" now lasts 60 seconds instead of 20 seconds.
Barbarian and Rogue Trap Sense enhancements now grant a +2 bonus to saves vs. traps per level instead of +1.Items

Bursting weapons now continue to increase their damage if they "burst" on an attack that has greater than a x4 damage multiplier.
Several new chain shirt appearances have been added to the treasure tables.
NEW Gem and collectible bags now have an "auto-gather" feature that can be turned on. Whenever the player picks up a collectible or gem, it will go into a collectible or gem bag if there is room, when enabled. Auto-gathering prefers bags that already have a stack of the picked up item over bags that do not have any.
NEW The names of some item effects have been changed to avoid confusion with similarly named enhancements. The effects themselves remain the same. The effects impacted are: "Improved Maximize I", "Improved Enlarge I", "Improved Extend I", "Improved Empower II", and "Improved Empower Healing I" have been renamed to "Spell Point Discount - Maximize I", "Spell Point Discount - Enlarge I", "Spell Point Discount - Extend I", "Spell Point Discount - Empower II", and "Spell Point Discount - Empower Healing I".Other Changes:

NEW If you had unlocked the bonus character slot from 1750 favor, it would intermittently not show up. That should no longer happen.
NEW Previously, some poison dart traps (in the Sunken Sewer, for example) would damage warforged (and others wearing poison immunity items) despite their poison immunity. This should no longer happen. Similarly, there were a few dart traps that did fire/sonic/cold/etc damage, which would bypass appropriate damage resistances. This should also no longer happen.
NEW The save DC's on traps that scale with difficulty have been lowered on Hard and Elite. Elite trap save DC's are now roughly equivalent to what Hard trap save DC's were before this change. (For example, a trap that previously had a save DC of 30 on Elite will now be DC 22.) Spot, search, disable, and damage values remain unchanged.
NEW It is now easier to see when standing in an incendiary cloud
NEW Scrolls that were missing a level 16 UMD class requirement will now display correctly when examined.
NEW Bidding on an item from the Bids page of the auction house that you have been outbid on will no longer result in an error message.
NEW Players who perish in either the realm of Dolurrh in Desecrated Temple or in the fire rooms in Rainbow in Dark will no longer leave their soul stones behind when they teleport out.
NEW AOE buff spells cast in tavern brawl pits will now hit yourself (but not anyone else, since everyone else in the pit is your enemy!)7.3

wiglin
03-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Very nice to see the dc to saves against traps being adjusted, now we can stop having all this crazy talk about having to have a 70 reflex save...lol :)

villainsimple
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
"Spell Point Discount - Extend I"

"Improved Extend I"

arminius
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Auto-gathering will be super sweet. And good to see the quick response on the Elite Trap DCs.

_

llevenbaxx
03-03-2008, 10:30 AM
On trap DCs. Very nice. Tyvm.:)

The_Ick
03-03-2008, 10:32 AM
[U][B]Weekly Development Activities

NEW Gem and collectible bags now have an "auto-gather" feature that can be turned on. Whenever the player picks up a collectible or gem, it will go into a collectible or gem bag if there is room, when enabled. Auto-gathering prefers bags that already have a stack of the picked up item over bags that do not have any.

Nice!!!

Jaywade
03-03-2008, 10:39 AM
good job on the DC's they were out of whack on the low to mid lvl stuff....

Lorien_the_First_One
03-03-2008, 10:44 AM
A nice list, several of which demonstrate the devs have been listening to the feedback from forumites, and likely other users through other feeback methods. Thanks!

After building in a month to allow for the inevitable delays that come with any complex software project, is there any chance you could provide an approximate/no guarentees month of when 7.0 is currently targetted to come out? I know, I know, we just got 6.0 & 6.1, I'm not rushing the new stuff, just currious when the goodies will most likely flow :D

GreyRogue
03-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Autogather--NICE! I was just thinking over the weekend that I would really like such a feature. :)

Cowdenicus
03-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Still nothing noting adding superior devotion 7 or 8 items yet?

For shame Quarion.

liamfrancais
03-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Any chance the collectibles from the shroud will start going into bags and no I don't mean ingredients.

rawfocat
03-03-2008, 11:12 AM

NEW AOE buff spells cast in tavern brawl pits will now hit yourself (but not anyone else, since everyone else in the pit is your enemy!)

Will this cause an issue with PVP arena options like capture the flag?

Zenako
03-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Nice to see the changes already on the list...

You have heard and seen the wailing and gnashing of the dead rogues who were skewered time and time again while trying to do what they should be able to do.

Could those DC be beat, sure, but as many pointed out, no other part of those quests were scaled as steeply. The Mobs did not suddenly all have 45 AC, or SR30, etc. Sounds like the change back should be fine, if not perhaps a little too far. Would need more data on the Actual numbers involved to truely say, but ramping them down, definitely needed for the broader community to feel that they can actually participate in the game.

dragonoffrost
03-03-2008, 11:42 AM

nope it specifies tavern brawls ... not capture the flag or deathmatches.

as for the rest.

The Halfling enhancements might find their way onto Flintheart.

Autogather is nice.....

Hendrik
03-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Autogather, wonderful addition!!

Thank you!

DasLurch
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
While any new news is good news, I must admit I am still looking forward to news about the new Paladin and Rogue goodies that are supposedly coming down the line.*crossing fingers for next week perhaps

Keep up the good work in the meantime, and thanks for keeping us posted.

Kerr
03-03-2008, 12:01 PM
NEW [/COLOR]Gem and collectible bags now have an "auto-gather" feature that can be turned on. Whenever the player picks up a collectible or gem, it will go into a collectible or gem bag if there is room, when enabled. Auto-gathering prefers bags that already have a stack of the picked up item over bags that do not have any.

Love it, but what about Ingredients bags? And spell component ones when they come out? And quivers? :)

Impaqt
03-03-2008, 12:07 PM

The following are items which are in development or QA testing for release in Module 7.

General
Paladin Bulwark of Good IV:
Cost: 8 Action Points
Prereqs: Level 15 Paladin, Paladin Bulwark of Good III, 48 action points spent.
Benefit: Your aura of good provides an additional +4 Armor Class bonus.

THe ACtion point cost onthe AC Bonus is Way out of wack withthe Game progression. THis really needs to change to a 1,2,3,4 Progression. I thought Palays were getting some love in Mod7? 8 Action points for ONE point of AC is so rediculous you shouldnt of bothered putting it in.

Barbarian and Rogue Trap Sense enhancements now grant a +2 bonus to saves vs. traps per level instead of +1
Glad to see this is staying even withthe DC's being lowqered.

TY, this helps when INV gets tight... Dunno how often I have to stop looting to "Gather" my items into a bag because all my slots are full

NEW The names of some item effects have been changed to avoid confusion with similarly named enhancements. The effects themselves remain the same. The effects impacted are: "Improved Maximize I", "Improved Enlarge I", "Improved Extend I", "Improved Empower II", and "Improved Empower Healing I" have been renamed to "Spell Point Discount - Maximize I", "Spell Point Discount - Enlarge I", "Spell Point Discount - Extend I", "Spell Point Discount - Empower II", and "Spell Point Discount - Empower Healing I".
DId this really confuse People? Hmmm.. Oh well, its mInor

Other Changes:

NEW The save DC's on traps that scale with difficulty have been lowered on Hard and Elite. Elite trap save DC's are now roughly equivalent to what Hard trap save DC's were before this change. (For example, a trap that previously had a save DC of 30 on Elite will now be DC 22.) Spot, search, disable, and damage values remain unchanged.
TY TY TY. THe Trap DC's were way out of wack.

Some Excellent Changes, but I'm disapointed by the amount of paladin stuf we are seeing sofar... I thought Paladins were getting some love (ANd I'm not even a Paladin person myself)

No New Spells yet.. :(

Thanks for the WDA though! Didnt expect one this week with the Event goin on.....

Freeman
03-03-2008, 12:11 PM

"Improved Extend I"

Are these new enhancements that are being added? I haven't seen them before.

Edit: Never mind, I just re-read and saw they were item effects. Carry on.

ArkoHighStar
03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Some Excellent Changes, but I'm disapointed by the amount of paladin stuf we are seeing sofar... I thought Paladins were getting some love (ANd I'm not even a Paladin person myself)

No New Spells yet.. :(

Thanks for the WDA though! Didnt expect one this week with the Event goin on.....

Its duein May so I imagine we have lots to come at least 8 more weeks

Yaga_Nub
03-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Sorry but I have to be negative here.

8 AP for Paladin Bulwark IV is bunk!

AC is almost meaningless at the level you can purchase this enhancement.

Drop it to one AP per AC level.

Bulwark I 1 AP 2nd level

Bulwark II 2 AP 5th level

Bulwark III 3 AP 8th level

Bulwark IV 4 AP 11th level

Even at 11th level the +4 to AC is kind of meaningless without a change to mob attack bonus.

Aladon
03-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Barbarian and Rogue Trap Sense enhancements now grant a +2 bonus to saves vs. traps per level instead of +1.

The save DC's on traps that scale with difficulty have been lowered on Hard and Elite. Elite trap save DC's are now roughly equivalent to what Hard trap save DC's were before this change. (For example, a trap that previously had a save DC of 30 on Elite will now be DC 22.) Spot, search, disable, and damage values remain unchanged.

Phew. Thanks, for listening. This is a smart adjustment, accomplishing your goal of widening the gap on trap expertise and effect but not making it so hard we're thrown it into meta-game hell.

Aladon

Gratch
03-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah... I'd like to see them fix all the incomplete parts from the L15,16 level bump in Mod 6,6.1

Level 16,17 single effects not really coded into the treasure tables. Things like:
-level 8 spell affecting items.
-+17 skill bonuses on L15 RR items
-superior 7 potency on L16 or L14RR items
-Lots of L15 jewelry that does the same thing as the L13 version for resistance, protection, etc (single effects).

Where are the L15, 16 enhancements across the board?

Where's STWF, STHF?

Impaqt
03-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Where's STWF, STHF?

Hopefully, they realized how unbalanceing another Feat with no PnP Basis would be and scrapped it.

MysticTheurge
03-03-2008, 02:49 PM
NEW A confirmation dialog has been added to the Default button in the Options UI.

YAY!

This is going to continue to be useless (for me) as long as "gather" picks up dragonshard fragments and the bags will only hold 100.

Please, if you can't fix the bags to hold more, take the fragments off the "gather" list, so gather (and auto-gather) won't pick them up.

Dane_McArdy
03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
This is going to continue to be useless (for me) as long as "gather" picks up dragonshard fragments and the bags will only hold 100.

Please, if you can't fix the bags to hold more, take the fragments off the "gather" list, so gather (and auto-gather) won't pick them up.

Agreed.

oronisi
03-03-2008, 02:57 PM
NEW The names of some item effects have been changed to avoid confusion with similarly named enhancements. The effects themselves remain the same. The effects impacted are: "Improved Maximize I", "Improved Enlarge I", "Improved Extend I", "Improved Empower II", and "Improved Empower Healing I" have been renamed to "Spell Point Discount - Maximize I", "Spell Point Discount - Enlarge I", "Spell Point Discount - Extend I", "Spell Point Discount - Empower II", and "Spell Point Discount - Empower Healing I".

I might be nitpicking but just a suggestion: I think 'Spell Point Discount' sounds lame. I think '______ Efficiency I' sounds much better. SO you'd have "Maximize Efficiency I" and "Empower Efficiency II" etc. Just a suggestion.

Guaire
03-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Not trying to be a wise guy or anything... but wasn't mod 7 supposed to bring some paladin love to Stormreach? I'm not seeing it. All I'm seeing is a further inflation of pally enhancement costs :confused: :(

Hopefully I'm missing something...?

Gratch
03-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Hopefully, they realized how unbalanceing another Feat with no PnP Basis would be and scrapped it.

I'm moreso in favor of STHF given the dps slowdown on 2-handers at BAB15 and the lack of interesting fighter feats for 14-16 (20?). If there are other PnP fighter feats for these level ranges, those would be interesting to hear. I believe STHF was going to be another glancing blow attack added to that very slow 5th swing. Given the 2-handed fighting feat set as well as glancing blows are Turbine's "GM added" rules to go with their combat system... I think this feat continues with their system. For every DDO deviates from PnP's "balance" or PnP's "intent" of the rules, I can show you a few threads on WotC forums showing how to monstrously unbalance PnP D&D with their own rules (though I'll admit it's usually related to supplemental rules and crazy class/race combinations that no DM in a PnP game would accept).

In the end I guess whatever Turbine comes up with will be acceptable. It was just weird to have STWF, STHF mentioned in dev posts and referred to in the Mod 6 WDA's but since Mod 6 came out - no further mention of them.

MysticTheurge
03-03-2008, 03:06 PM
I might be nitpicking but just a suggestion: I think 'Spell Point Discount' sounds lame. I think '______ Efficiency I' sounds much better. SO you'd have "Maximize Efficiency I" and "Empower Efficiency II" etc. Just a suggestion.

I'm going to nitpick your nitpick and point out that "Maximize Efficiency" sounds like something entirely different. And something your boss tells you to do while writing up your TPS reports.

"Efficient Maximize" though might not be such a bad suggestion.

Westerner
03-03-2008, 03:08 PM

/applause

Before, elite trap DC's were so high that existing pure rogues had little to no chance of evading them.

Mad_Bombardier
03-03-2008, 03:13 PM

I'm going to nitpick your nitpick and point out that "Maximize Efficiency" sounds like something entirely different. And something your boss tells you to do while writing up your TPS reports.

"Efficient Maximize" though might not be such a bad suggestion.Me likey "Efficient ___." :D

Aesop
03-03-2008, 03:26 PM

or Spell Point Reduction... discount sounds so Dollar Store its not funny... I know its a little thing but still

Aesop

Laith
03-03-2008, 03:34 PM
It was just weird to have STWF, STHF mentioned in dev posts and referred to in the Mod 6 WDA's but since Mod 6 came out - no further mention of them.
i can't comment on STHF, but STWF was given to everyone for free.

if you have GTWF, you now get an off-hand attack along with each of your main-hand attacks.

In effect, we already have the epic feat "Perfect Two Weapon Fighting" for free.

Sertrynus
03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Not trying to be a wise guy or anything... but wasn't mod 7 supposed to bring some paladin love to Stormreach? I'm not seeing it. All I'm seeing is a further inflation of pally enhancement costs :confused: :(

Hopefully I'm missing something...?

Don't worry, your not missing something, judging from the WDA (as that is the only way we know what is being worked on)there has been no attention to Paladins this week.

I for one really hope that this is enhancement is not the sole amount of "love" that Paladins are going to recieve, as it so overpriced that no paladin will take it.

On another note, I too agree with Mystictheurge and would rather the ingredients bag collect more that 100 Shard Fragments seeing as how chests in high level dungeons drop fragments in stacks of 100-1000.

GrayOldDruid
03-03-2008, 03:55 PM
YAY!

Agree!

The shard fragments should be able to go into bags at LEAST 1000 at a time.... :D To be useful in there at all, that is.
Otherwise, we have a bag with 100 of each shard type and a stack of 1000 in the bank and a few hundred more STILL taking up inventory space.

Aesop
03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Bags should collect up to a full stack regardless of what that stack size is...

Aesop

Solmage
03-03-2008, 04:28 PM

"Improved Extend I"

Hmm, anyone else smells that they want to have more flexibility in HOW metamagic gets improved? Here's my vote for one:

Persistent Metamagic - Extend I - Adds +2 to caster level (possibly only on self buffs) against dispel
Persistent Metamagic - Maximize I - 5% chance that the effect will have a secondary, lingering effect (Fireballs that light creatures on fire, cold spells that slow down creatures, etc. See the level 4 orb spells for individual element ideas)

Very nice to see the dc to saves against traps being adjusted, now we can stop having all this crazy talk about having to have a 70 reflex save...lol :)

You have heard and seen the wailing and gnashing of the dead rogues who were skewered time and time again while trying to do what they should be able to do.

But!! It was TOTALLY hilarious when you ran a quest on elite and the ONLY party member who died (or for that matter got hurt..) by traps was the rogue. Everyone else just side stepped them, Heh. I mean, sure, my evasion paladin with an actual spot score showing the full rogue where the heck he has to search, and when he fails, finding the trap box for him and disarming it is always fun, but the pure rogues dying to traps? seriously, you can't buy entertainment like that :cool: :p

====

Now, regarding paladins: Guys, seriously.. change those AC auras to paladin-only, and allow up to +5 for level 16 paladins, and not at a ridiculous cost either. I suggest the following progression: level 6: +1 AC, level 8: +2 AC, level 10:+3 AC, level 14:+4 AC, level 16: +5 AC. Note that making paladins level 1-6 give +0 AC from auras will help you balance melee AC. Paladins are weakened enormously if they have to qualify for combat expertise: they don't have the to-hit to spare, nor the stat points to spare, so this enhancement has to compensate for fighter armor mastery AND combat expertise. I think a flat +5 vs a +8 with penalties is about right..

DeadlyGazebo
03-03-2008, 04:31 PM

Nope, the change is only to behavior in brawling pits.

In an actual arena, AOE buffs should still recognize all of your side as "friendly".

oronisi
03-03-2008, 04:55 PM

"Efficient Maximize" though might not be such a bad suggestion.

Yea....I'll need you to come in on Saturday. We need to Maximize Efficiency. Or was it Efficient Maximize. Lets have a meeting about that at 3pm.

Pecky
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Is there a chance that the map bug with the UI skins is going to get fixed?

Currently if you log out with a skin selected, next time you log in your map will be broke. You have to switch back to none, log out, log in and re-enable your skin.

This is actually putting a very sour taste in my mouth as far as skin customization is concerned. I like the idea what you're able to do it but by leaving bugs in it that are frustrating, it kinda makes me want to forget about the whole thing.. much like the Abbot.

I'm sure this is not the desired effect you wish from this system. Its long overdue and I imagine someone put a bit of time into making it accessible to players. For that, I'm appreciative, for the bugs, I'm not.

Angelus_dead
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Nope, the change is only to behavior in brawling pits.
In an actual arena, AOE buffs should still recognize all of your side as "friendly".
I wonder what will happen if you are part of a team of player characters inside a brawling pit... many players are unaware that feature exists.

Bronko
03-03-2008, 07:51 PM
While any new news is good news, I must admit I am still looking forward to news about the new Paladin and Rogue goodies that are supposedly coming down the line.*crossing fingers for next week perhaps

Keep up the good work in the meantime, and thanks for keeping us posted.

If 8 AP for an extra +1 to AC from the Bulwark of Good IV enhancement is the Devs' idea of pally love, then I doubt I'll be able to handle any more "love".

I was hoping the Devs were going to adjust that based on feedback/replies in the last WDA. I guess I can hope it still will be. I mean seriously: where do you think a paladin would find 8 spare APs?!?

As for the rest of the update: it sounds promising. I'm obviously ecstatic about having access to a new player class to try out and the fix to trap DCs is much more balanced.

Vance71975
03-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Whats the Tentive release date for Mod 7? YA MONKS FINALLY A NEW CLASS!!!!!!

Aesop
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Mayish...

Aesop

Ikuryo
03-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Any word if they plan to implement Diamond Soul with monks? I did not see it on the list of monk feats when I last saw it. I think its the only one of the monk feats available at lvl 16 that is missing.

Diamond Soul
Granted at level 13
Monk gains SR 10+Monk Level

I'll be interested in how they implement Timeless body, Empty body and Perfect self when we get the higher levels.

Xithos
03-03-2008, 10:29 PM

Yes, it would be a wonderful thing if they announced it was going in and even outlined prereqs for it while giving people enough time to roll characters capable of it before scrapping it and remaining silent for the fun of it. Personally, I am hoping they had some problems with implementation/animation and are waiting to sort these things out before committing to a firm date to have them in and then disappointing the playerbase if they cannot come through on the actual date.

axebender
03-03-2008, 11:48 PM
ok guess im gonna have too be the one too say it.....holy rusted avenger batman..WHERES THE PALLY LOVE?

Angelus_dead
03-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Yes, it would be a wonderful thing if they announced it was going in and even outlined prereqs for it while giving people enough time to roll characters capable of it before scrapping it and remaining silent for the fun of it. Personally, I am hoping they had some problems with implementation/animation and are waiting to sort these things out before committing to a firm date to have them in and then disappointing the playerbase if they cannot come through on the actual date.
The STHF and STWF feats would be really bad to insert into DDO. It's good that they're gone. Their lack is not a disappointment in anyway... it's a relief!

Xithos
03-04-2008, 03:25 AM
The STHF and STWF feats would be really bad to insert into DDO. It's good that they're gone. Their lack is not a disappointment in anyway... it's a relief!

I still cannot find a post from the developers stating that these feats are gone so feel free to link one for me because I have looked around. In fact, all I have found are statements that these two feats were supposed to be added in module 6 and since then there has been silence on the developers part. I don't think its too far out there to assume that the folks at Turbine have noticed that people are wondering what is happening with these feats from the number of posts I have seen regarding them. Actually, is it possible that you work for Turbine so you can tell me these feats will not be added to the game because they are "bad" for the game?

MysticTheurge
03-04-2008, 06:52 AM
I still cannot find a post from the developers stating that these feats are gone so feel free to link one for me because I have looked around. In fact, all I have found are statements that these two feats were supposed to be added in module 6 and since then there has been silence on the developers part. I don't think its too far out there to assume that the folks at Turbine have noticed that people are wondering what is happening with these feats from the number of posts I have seen regarding them. Actually, is it possible that you work for Turbine so you can tell me these feats will not be added to the game because they are "bad" for the game?

The lack of a response or discussion about STWF and STHF probably indicates that they're in internal talks about whether or not to keep it.

Talks that should resolve with them dumping it and inserting the effects into the standard sequence of feats, but I suppose there's nothing we can do but wait and see.

Angelus_dead
03-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Actually, is it possible that you work for Turbine so you can tell me these feats will not be added to the game because they are "bad" for the game?
Those feats would be bad for characters employing the TWF weapon style, because they would force an even greater devotion of your feat slots to maintain full use of that style, reducing the feats you can spend on anything else. Pre-epic TWF requires 3 feats in D&D, and as DDO characters have the same number of feat slots, it should require 3 in DDO as well.

Any character with GTWF should get the benefits of STWF when their BAB reaches the next threshold (possibly GTHF/STHF should work similarly, but that depends on what STHF actually does). Optionally, the "second tier" of GTWF benefits could have a higher dexerity requirement than the GTWF feat as a whole, although in that case sufficient ranger levels should still exempt you.

Xithos
03-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Those feats would be bad for characters employing the TWF weapon style, because they would force an even greater devotion of your feat slots to maintain full use of that style, reducing the feats you can spend on anything else. Pre-epic TWF requires 3 feats in D&D, and as DDO characters have the same number of feat slots, it should require 3 in DDO as well.

Any character with GTWF should get the benefits of STWF when their BAB reaches the next threshold (possibly GTHF/STHF should work similarly, but that depends on what STHF actually does). Optionally, the "second tier" of GTWF benefits could have a higher dexerity requirement than the GTWF feat as a whole, although in that case sufficient ranger levels should still exempt you.

I have no problem with the ranger exemption from the dexterity requirements because that is the track they have worked with since day one; changing it now like they have seems inconsistent but I was willing to rework a guy anyway for it to actually meet the dexterity requirement. My biggest problem has been the fact that two-weapon fighting has not actually doubled the number of attacks a two-weapon fighter gets and people have seen this time and time again in checking combat logs for number of swings versus time. Unfortunately, the side effect of people knowing these things has made two-handed greataxe builds so predominant when other options like falchion can be discounted due to the extremely slow speed. Superior Two-weapon looked like it would finally take the number of attacks per time period to an acceptable ratio for having devoted a solid number of feats/ranger levels to employ. I know that I would much rather have devoted more build points to strength as opposed to having started my dexterity so high to attain a feat that has mysteriously vanished.

In_Like_Flynn
03-04-2008, 12:40 PM
NEW A confirmation dialog has been added to the Default button in the Options UI.Thank the Gods!

Zyrca_
03-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Love it, but what about Ingredients bags? And spell component ones when they come out? And quivers? :)

I'm working on the tech for quivers right now :) I hope to get spell component bags working for mod 7 too, but I can't make any guarantees. I don't have any information on ingredient bags.

Kargon
03-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm working on the tech for quivers right now :)

Kargon command much rejoicaming! Immedimiatamally!!!!!

Theboz
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm working on the tech for quivers right now :) I hope to get spell component bags working for mod 7 too, but I can't make any guarantees. I don't have any information on ingredient bags.

this has made my day, Quivers are coming, QUIVERS ARE COMING, I yelled loud enough I hope everybody heard.

Coldin
03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm working on the tech for quivers right now :)

Woot!

We're probably looking at something further off than Mod 7 though aren't we?

Turial
03-04-2008, 12:52 PM

Jumps for joy!! Zyrca is working on it!

MysticTheurge
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM

I think the main question was: Are they going to auto-gather? Or is it just for Gem and Collectible bags?

jakeelala
03-04-2008, 12:56 PM

Maybe this is a ridiculous question but why do bags NOT work like inventory? The whole 1 item per line scroll forever to find anything is really clunky in my opinion. Why can't they just open and look like another inventory page with 2 dimensions to show data instead of one?

Maybe you could fix it with quivers going forward...

MysticTheurge
03-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Maybe this is a ridiculous question but why do bags NOT work like inventory? The whole 1 item per line scroll forever to find anything is really clunky in my opinion. Why can't they just open and look like another inventory page with 2 dimensions to show data instead of one?

I actually kind of prefer the name showing up. It makes it easier to see what ingredients are what without having to hover over them for a tooltip.

Gratch
03-04-2008, 12:58 PM
While you're on arrows... can you make the arcane archer conjured ones auto-equip... or have them just stay around as bound and unsellable.

I'm tired of: try to use bow, *grumble*, create arrows, search inventory, move arrows... oh I'm dead. &*)&#$@)#$%@#% game.

Please fix.

Fahkrin
03-04-2008, 12:59 PM

We know it's being worked on; that's a magnitude improvement over before! Thanks a million.

jakeelala
03-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I actually kind of prefer the name showing up. It makes it easier to see what ingredients are what without having to hover over them for a tooltip.

So you'd rather our inventory was one huge long list? The problem is the same there in that many items share the same icon and you dont know what anything is unless you hover over anyway.

moorewr
03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
..Conversely, I really wish I could toggle my inventory to the list I see at a vendor.. since I can never find things in the normal view, and it auto-categorizes them in the vendor view...

MysticTheurge
03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
So you'd rather our inventory was one huge long list? The problem is the same there in that many items share the same icon and you dont know what anything is unless you hover over anyway.

It's not exactly the same. First a lot of items are different enough that you can tell them apart, or at the very least you have options (I've tried to get each of my main scepters to be one of the different scepter models so they're easier to identify). In addition, the background variation makes a lot of weapons identifiable from each other.

Second, a lot of those items are going on hotbars, which are going to remain in a predictable location, also making it easier to identify them by placement (for those people who can remember that sort of thing; I still have trouble remembering which of the three gloves on my rogue is which.)

Third, many items that were too similar and needed to be identifiably different were actually changed to be so that their icons were different. Wands, scrolls and potions all got mini-spell icons added to the corner of their main icon, so they'd be recognizably different.

But mostly, in none of those cases are you sitting there waiting for tooltips to pop up while 11 other people wait impatiently to get on with their raid. At least with they way they are now, I know which item is which just by looking at it.

And perhaps, also, my objection is based on the fact that the proposed change (making bags a grid instead of a list) doesn't seem like it would provide much benefit in easy of use for the amount of work that would be involved. If I had a choice, I'd rather they spent the time making useful improvements to the bag, like making ingredients sort by altar or making it so you can put things right from your ingredient bag into the altar, or making it so Dragonshard Fragments stack to 1000, or making component bags/quivers.

..Conversely, I really wish I could toggle my inventory to the list I see at a vendor.. since I can never find things in the normal view, and it auto-categorizes them in the vendor view...

And of course that's true too. I've been thinking that an "auto sort" system for inventories (or even a switch to sorted list view) option would actually be nice.

I do often have a hard time finding things in my inventory, because of the current grid-view set up and the lack of distinctive icons on so many items.

Zyrca_
03-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I think the main question was: Are they going to auto-gather? Or is it just for Gem and Collectible bags?

Quivers and spell component bags will be auto-gather-capable. (As will most "bags")

Maybe you could fix it with quivers going forward...

The short answer is that the bags are not additional inventory in the same way as your backpack. Think of them as multiple stacks of stuff in one slot. They are designed to be easier on our servers then traditional inventory, add some organization and hopefully some conveniences. As for why they look the way they do, it's because of the fact that we wanted some additional organization that would be difficult to convey in the standard inventory format. Such as the collectible bags being a tree organized by house and by collector. Quivers require that you be able to set up the order of ammo that you want to use, so I think that makes the most sense if it's in a vertical list.

I'm not saying that we can't change it, but we don't currently have plans to and these are some of the thoughts that went into making the bags look the way they do.

Riggs
03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Nice changes.
Yay traps. And no longer kill your summons in your own spells. Quivers? Awesome.

MysticTheurge
03-04-2008, 01:17 PM
...the fact that we wanted some additional organization that would be difficult to convey in the standard inventory format. Such as the collectible bags being a tree organized by house and by collector.

I know you're not ingredient-bag-guy, but maybe you can ask whomever is:

Any chance the ingredient bags can be made to be tree-organized by Altar?

Turial
03-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Quivers require that you be able to set up the order of ammo that you want to use, so I think that makes the most sense if it's in a vertical list.

Will this be the same as other bags where we can only have a single stack of a particular ammo, say +4 flaming arrows, or will we get the ability to have multiple stacks of +4 flaming arrows in the quiver, like:

Quiver:
100 +4 flaming arrows
Inventory:
100 +4 flaming arrows
100 +4 flaming arrows

Or

Quiver:
100 +4 flaming arrows
100 +4 flaming arrows
100 +4 flaming arrows

Fahkrin
03-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Is there any chance of getting some sort of auto-sorter for the inventory? I'm spending more time than I want to admit just making sure that everything stays organized and grabbable in the middle of a fight.

Angelus_dead
03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
All inventories (normal, bank, and bag, plus vendor buy/sell) should have a checkbox in the corner to toggle the view from icons on a grid to names on a list.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-04-2008, 01:55 PM

Yay, thanks

GreyRogue
03-04-2008, 02:55 PM
I've been thinking about this autogather business and I realized I am not real clear on how it will work. Will there be a checkbox somewhere to turn autogather on globally? Or will you enable it bag by bag? Or even item type by item type (turn it on only for collectibles and gems but not ingredients, for example)?

MysticTheurge
03-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I've been thinking about this autogather business and I realized I am not real clear on how it will work. Will there be a checkbox somewhere to turn autogather on globally? Or will you enable it bag by bag? Or even item type by item type (turn it on only for collectibles and gems but not ingredients, for example)?

It sounds global to me.

Ishturi
03-04-2008, 03:06 PM

NEW A confirmation dialog has been added to the Default button in the Options UI.

*HALLELUJAH!!*

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

StanC
03-04-2008, 03:25 PM

Are the quivers going to be in Mod 7 ?

Aesop
03-04-2008, 03:32 PM

/hug

Thank the gods of Geek

Aesop

Aesop
03-04-2008, 03:33 PM

I believe that answer is "maybe"

followed by

"no promises"

Aesop

Zyrca_
03-04-2008, 04:33 PM

Quivers: most likely, mod 7.
Component bags: hopefully for mod 7.

You can turn on or off auto gather for each bag individually (for all bags that support auto-gather). So you could turn it on for one gem bag, and leave it off on another gem bag, for example.

Beerthirty
03-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Could you please fix them so that they close when you press the escape key like your inventory will?

cm2_supernova
03-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I have to admit, Im a little dissapointed at the pally love so far...I know that the Mod is still a ways out, but I would feel a lot better if one of the devs would give us a hint that there is something cool (ie. how rangers got tempest\arcane archer) in store for paladins.

...on a bright note, the game hasn't let me down yet so I will continue to have faith :D

salmag
03-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Nice auto-gather feature, good to see monks coming out, nice to have elite traps fixed (?):rolleyes:

Still NO mention of fix to Manyshot, still NO mention of Paladin fixes, still NO mention of quivers, still NO crafting (and I don't mean this raid grinding version of crafting from mod 6), still NO mention of gnomes :(

EDIT: Sorry I just saw a Dev comment on possible quivers for mod 7

GreyRogue
03-04-2008, 06:18 PM
You can turn on or off auto gather for each bag individually (for all bags that support auto-gather). So you could turn it on for one gem bag, and leave it off on another gem bag, for example.
Brilliant! Thanks, Zyrca!

MysticTheurge
03-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Brilliant! Thanks, Zyrca!

Indeed, that's better than I could've hoped for.

(At least I can set auto-gather for that one back I've filled with non-fragment ingredients already.)

Quick question on auto-gather: are you guys making it so that the item goes straight from the chest to the bag? Or does it have to "stop over" in my inventory first?

That is. If I have no inventory space and go to loot something that would autogather into a bag, will it tell me that I have no inventory space available, or will it simply put it right in the bag?

Missing_Minds
03-04-2008, 08:11 PM

While you are at it, could you please make the current bags actually close when escape (the default mapping) is hit? Thanks.

Muppethero
03-05-2008, 12:45 AM
are there ETA's of Mod 7?

Hakushi
03-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Any plans to change the colors of bags?

I remember, long ago, it was: "I have a full load of potions, they're all blue" Right now, it's I have a few different bags, they're all red, except gem bags. I would like to see different colors for each kind of bags, and even a small picture for a small bag, a bigger one for a medium, and a large one (like the current one) for a large bag.

ENGRAV0
03-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Question: As quivers and Component bags are in developement, and the heds up is appreciated, GREATLY, was wondering if you would still be able to place, for example, Level 3 components on your hot bar when they are inside of your bag, or if that has even been mentioned anywhere?

I personnaly find it quite helpful to keep my various level components on one hotbar as to help me ensure not to run out. Yes, I still run out, rarely, usualy when I get into a loop of running quests quickly, back to back with little time in between to rethink that I need to check them. And yes, this means that sometimes I find myself going, where did all my components go? It isn't often, but it does happen.

steelblade
03-05-2008, 07:25 AM
ignor this i saw my answer

The_Phenx
03-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Are we going to see superior twf or something that makes staying pure fighter worthwhile?

DolfaTrueheart
03-05-2008, 03:19 PM

Are quivers going to be just like bags? where they only hold 100 of certain items? Cause my ranger carries lots of arrows and more then 100 of a certain kind.

koras
03-05-2008, 05:19 PM
will you have to hit 2000 favor, as ive heard in pugs, to unlock the monk? Like the drow and 400 favor.:D

axebender
03-05-2008, 10:12 PM
will you have to hit 2000 favor, as ive heard in pugs, to unlock the monk? Like the drow and 400 favor.:D

i hope not..as monks are a core class..this would be a dumb way of implementing them

UtherSRG
03-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Indeed, that's better than I could've hoped for.

(At least I can set auto-gather for that one back I've filled with non-fragment ingredients already.)

Quick question on auto-gather: are you guys making it so that the item goes straight from the chest to the bag? Or does it have to "stop over" in my inventory first?

That is. If I have no inventory space and go to loot something that would autogather into a bag, will it tell me that I have no inventory space available, or will it simply put it right in the bag?

You thinking of Gianthold Tor, MT?

MysticTheurge
03-06-2008, 08:13 AM
You thinking of Gianthold Tor, MT?

Actually, it happens a lot in the Vale, when I'm running around looting those chests.

My inventory will end up full, but there's gems or ingredients in a chest. It'd be nice to be able to pick those up without having to have one empty slot in my inventory.

iamsamoth0
03-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Any chance to have two check box options?
1.) A no model load option at the character selection screen, and enable the arrow key selection of them, enable the carriage(sp?) return key. Enter key.
2.) You are adding the default selection conformation box, can they create a default min. settings option., and max. it takes awhile to manually adjust these settings, albeit not often, but I cannot play in the look-good version of the game. It would be nice to be able to switch between the two.

Something just occurred to me as well, why is it not possible to get cold iron flaming arrows? Multiple effects on ammo? Can it happen?

Is there a chance to add somewhere the chance to take as a reward Medium and large bags, gem and collectible etc... It will be months probably before I can ever play high enough to find things like this, but my stacks of collectibles and ammo, and gems, is not shrinking, now I have an entire page of cakes also.

Can I get any answer to a couple of questions I have asked repeatedly in the forums as well?
The gold coins-Were there weapons given, or other such rare items in lieu of cake or cookie?
One of my concerns is the amount of fore thought with the cake slices. I have one that has become damaged(way damaged, at less than half), no one can repair it. Same for the Candy Canes, will this be addressed? Or is it tough luck? I only have two candy canes left on my lowbie server, and I am struggling for cash. I threw(destroyed) one out for lack of space, and knowledge that the game does not allow for repairs to these 'novelty' items. I hope this can be addressed. Or at least the cake should maybe be indestructible. Will it operate at 0 durability, how can I use the wishes for my party if I can't afford to carry it around?
Hello?

I have others just can't think of them right yet...
Any chance to make footfalls a little bit quieter?
Any date set for a turn-in for coins? I need to try and schedule to come on that day, 5 inventory slots I can use for other stuff.
Are the twigs and coal of ANY use at all, anywhere else in the game? I have saved a few of these items. Inventory slots I could better utilize.
Any chance of making friendly Hypno pattern less of a burden on teammates. The glare is too much for it to be used often, and obstructs melee's from engaging.
Why doesn't the examine button show up on the minimized focus orb?
Is it possible to have a drop down menu at the mail box when composing a letter? With my toons names from that server pre-loaded? Or have the option in Options to edit a hotlist for the drop down.

Mad_Bombardier
03-06-2008, 11:44 AM
will you have to hit 2000 favor, as ive heard in pugs, to unlock the monk? Like the drow and 400 favor.:DThis one time... at PUG camp... :rolleyes:

Sheezgame
03-07-2008, 05:13 AM
As much as I love quivers and that sort of thing... will you be fixing ladders?

People still get stuck on ladders all the time.. there are some quests where you have to climb up ladders to kill the mobs and you get stuck half way while they shoot you in the back.

I'm really surprised this hasn't been fixed yet.

sirgog
03-07-2008, 05:18 AM
This one time... at PUG camp... :rolleyes:

LOL!

Almost sig-worthy...