PDA

View Full Version : Shavarath Seeking Revenge, Sir Lawrence Still Missing...

Veheer
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
This is definitely no time to party now that Sir Lawrence has gone missing. According to my research, it seems the devils of Shavarath have made up their mind to perform a counter-strike in retaliation of our thwarting their General. I will be making an appearance tonight around the same time that the graffiti first appeared, to try and get a better grasp of what clues may be derived from their markings. For devils are lawful, not chaotic like foul demons. Their regimented nature may prove to be their undoing. My initial findings seem to indicate that whatever it is the devils are planning, it will be revealed to us for days to come, and it seems to favor the time range of fifteen minutes prior to the 22nd hour (9:45 PM EST, -5 GMT). Perhaps they thought going off the hour would fool us and catch us unawares. However, while their mischief has already begun, I fear that the ultimate culmination of their evil, based on the infernal writings, is next Sar (Saturday), and more than likely at that same time. This will be when they try to twist the knife in our weak spot. Anyone who spots anything amiss throughout this week should continue to give us reports from the field, so we can work together to try and stop them!

Kamboe
03-02-2008, 01:33 PM
hmmm....I spent my last 4 hours sitting here waiting, and its in 7 hours?

If this is your all's saving throw for DDO....you rolled a 1.

you get a new roll in 7 hours :)

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 01:35 PM
10pm not impressive, people have a whole weekend to play and you choose late Sunday night:mad:

VladimereTheImpaler
03-02-2008, 01:36 PM
i stayed up all night, oh well, atleast now i know and we can all go back to questing until then, thx twelve guy, kill ya later. :)

p.s. the demons are a great idea, now if only people werent mobbing the gates. Im guilty for it as well i must admit but hey what can ya do lol.

Vandos
03-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Just a heads up. I am fed up seeing -5 gmt for downtimes, events etc, I am in Ireland so this is the time I look for. Greenwich meantime is +5 hours ahead of eastern standard time.

Purgatory
03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Thank you but no thank you... wasted to much time for nothing already...

Kamboe
03-02-2008, 01:41 PM
a good idea would have been to do the event all day long...or atleast when Khyber had 9 Marketplaces

Talcyndl
03-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Lot of bitterness guys.

The stuff is going to be going on all week. And they were even nice enough to give us a schedule.

Plenty of time to get ****y later when it all blows up. :D

NoBodie1964
03-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Why didn't ya pull this on "Friday Night". You must think we all go to school and can play "Hookie" tomorrow instead of going to work.

dragnmoon
03-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Lot of bitterness guys.

The stuff is going to be going on all week. And they were even nice enough to give us a schedule.

Plenty of time to get ****y later when it all blows up. :D

It is like this in all there events, that is why I do not even bother... the new tech is nice with adding static stuff at certain times..... but they need to do that with the whole event and just take the GM part out of it...

Aaeko
03-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Why didn't ya pull this on "Friday Night". You must think we all go to school and can play "Hookie" tomorrow instead of going to work.

Ohhhh but some of us do still go to school ;)

Lorien_the_First_One
03-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Well thank you for finally giving a time as people asked for in the other thread.

But as others have said in this thread...is 10pm Sunday night really what your records show as prime time for logins?

Tanks
03-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I was initially into just the sport of this "event" but after much waiting I'm afraid I only have 1 question:

What's the incentive to killing these devils...are there any rewards worth many hours of our time just waiting around for this to happen?

;)

Ghoste
03-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Ironic, this flood of negativity is just in time to welcome back all those people who used to play. With all the negativity that has occured with past events, you'd think this is something they'd have tried to think about for this one.

Bluediemond
03-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Turbine isn't much for punctuation I guess :rolleyes:

Beherit_Baphomar
03-02-2008, 02:31 PM
This was billed as an all day event.

3 CR11 Devils spawning 5 hours apart is hardly an all day event.
You realise people stand around waiting for something to happen, right?
"Should I join that Rainbows run?"
"But what if I miss the event?"
"I'll just wait"
*2hours later*
"Well, my times up to be on here, that was.....<insert choice words>"

It was billed as an all day event guys.

Memnir
03-02-2008, 02:46 PM
This sucks. I call BS on this...

Vinos
03-02-2008, 02:48 PM
This is definitely no time to party now that Sir Lawrence has gone missing. According to my research, it seems the devils of Shavarath have made up their mind to perform a counter-strike in retaliation of our thwarting their General. I will be making an appearance tonight around the same time that the graffiti first appeared, to try and get a better grasp of what clues may be derived from their markings. For devils are lawful, not chaotic like foul demons. Their regimented nature may prove to be their undoing. My initial findings seem to indicate that whatever it is the devils are planning, it will be revealed to us for days to come, and it seems to favor the time range of fifteen minutes prior to the 22nd hour (9:45 PM EST, -5 GMT). Perhaps they thought going off the hour would fool us and catch us unawares. However, while their mischief has already begun, I fear that the ultimate culmination of their evil, based on the infernal writings, is next Sar (Saturday), and more than likely at that same time. This will be when they try to twist the knife in our weak spot. Anyone who spots anything amiss throughout this week should continue to give us reports from the field, so we can work together to try and stop them!

are you kidding me? After some people have waited around ALL day you tell us it really won't go down until next saturday?

Dussty_Bottoms
03-02-2008, 02:51 PM
The post says the culmination of the event is NEXT Saturday. Not tonight.

Though I will agree waiting around this morning for something to happen was kind of a bummer.

Neksis
03-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm a new player. I signed up (with a paid account like the rest of you) when I heard there was going to be something monumental happening in the game. I wanted to b a part of that. I was under the belief that there was going to be a cool event today. Now we're being told it will be next weekend? To be honest, I'm not impressed. Even with my lower level character, i would've at least liked to have watched it, and said "I was there."

Vinos
03-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm a new player. I signed up (with a paid account like the rest of you) when I heard there was going to be something monumental happening in the game. I wanted to b a part of that. I was under the belief that there was going to be a cool event today. Now we're being told it will be next weekend? To be honest, I'm not impressed. Even with my lower level character, i would've at least liked to have watched it, and said "I was there."

Welcome to the game. aside from live events it's a fine game. For some reason we keep falling for this live event stuff. I guess people thought with Tolero on board it would go better.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-02-2008, 03:07 PM

Well show up for the event tonight and next week, but don't expect too much. Live events are unfortunately not a strength of this game. So far they have all been big build up leading to mostly flop.

The game itself however is a lot of fun :D

Pyromaniac
03-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Not handled well - a lot of anticipation and build up in the forums (which was good) but delivery of the actual event did not impress.

Oreg
03-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Just a heads up. I am fed up seeing -5 gmt for downtimes, events etc, I am in Ireland so this is the time I look for. Greenwich meantime is +5 hours ahead of eastern standard time.

Hopefully you are kidding. Eastern time zone is -5 GMT because it is 5 hours behind GMT.

QuixoticDan
03-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Unless I read totally incorrectly, this is a live event WEEK. Week. Started Sunday, ends next Saturday. Invasions periodic throughout. This seems to be a notification that the official climax (which will, of course, be an uber CR 22 devil, right? ;) ) will be at the END of the week, rather than the beginning.

I can understand all your positions. I'm +9 GMT, so it was Sunday for 14 hours before anything happened at all. It was another couple hours before my friends and I were ambushed by a few Orthons on our lowbies heading to Tangleroot. Dang sorcerer got all the killing blows (yay CD!). My highest character, 9 cleric, was in a few of those buffing raids where people would stand by the auctioneer and throw fireballs and flamestrikes at each other. I burned all my mana for several hours just trading Mass Aid spells with higher levels. I, too, was hoping for something a bit more dramatic (higher quantity, higher CR so I could at least die or rez someone), but again, this is day one. Of seven. So let's just see how the week pans out before we cry foul and/or Epic Fail on this. :)

Then again, I could be completely, totally wrong. That happens too. ;)

After a little thought, I'm thinking the climax will be the Market tent collapsing into a giant portal which we have to blitz through to save Sir Lawrence. It would be cool, anyway...except I'm pretty sure the adventurers of Stormreach would instead drag Coyle in there and leave them both to their fates...but probably kill the boss devil hoping for some ph4t r41d l00t. :)

ccheath776
03-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought this was an all day event. Oh well guess ill be on at 9:45pm for the culmination of the event.

Regardless I give genuine thanks to you turbine.

My characters will be there with their weapons.

As for Sir Lawrence it is no surprise he is gone, he ignored the threats as nothing. I often wonder if he is not in league with them.
However, as we have done in the past me and my guild will aid in the banishment of this latest threat which so far looks pretty puny.

Gordo
03-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Turbine:

Thank you for trying hard to make this a good event. Your announcement of a time to be active as well as making the culmination next Saturday (which will assuage the chap from Australia so he doesn't mock our "precious country" again) shows you are active on the boards and trying to respond to issues that have merit.

I'm 38 and I feel like most posters must be under 15 since the complaining reminds me of my kids. I think the build up has been awesome and I'm sure you will have more to come. Just watching everyone mill about anxiously has been fun.

I feel I get my money's worth every month with DDO and although there will always be issues to discuss, this event has not yet qualified as one of them. I think you should be given a complete chance to execute this story before anyone complains.

This is preemptive "I'm taking my ball and going home" nonsense. I just thought you should know not everyone thinks badly of DDO or this event.

Thanks for making a childhood passion of mine (PnP D&D) as real as I could only have imagined when I was a kid.

Gordion

Ghoste
03-02-2008, 04:03 PM
For the record, I don't think badly of the event, I think badly of the administration of it.

And to fit that with Eldorudo's analogy, I didn't dislike the movie. The musical was fruity and entertaining. I dislike how disjointed and in a manner disrespectful to the viewers' time it was presented.

Gordo
03-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Unreal. Who are we to say the administration of an event we know nothing about nor was promised anything during its implementation (which is less than 24 hours old for a week long event) is being poorly implemented?

I don't get any of this. It's like watching a football game and saying it sucks before the coin toss. Sheesh already!

HumanJHawkins
03-02-2008, 04:16 PM

It's a worldwide balancing act... Any time on Friday is a work time for a lot of people. Saturday in the USA is Friday in NZ and Australia. Sunday EST is Saturday in many of the other markets that participate on the same servers. So it's the least annoying time for all on average.

Apparently Ireland is hosed by it, but Europe has it's own set of servers, so they probably don't get much weight in the US server decisions.

Wizzly_Bear
03-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Unreal. Who are we to say the administration of an event we know nothing about nor was promised anything during its implementation (which is less than 24 hours old for a week long event) is being poorly implemented?

I don't get any of this. It's like watching a football game and saying it sucks before the coin toss. Sheesh already!
we were told stormreach would never be the same starting today. i dont see it.

Hendrik
03-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Unless I read totally incorrectly, this is a live event WEEK. Week. Started Sunday, ends next Saturday. Invasions periodic throughout. This seems to be a notification that the official climax (which will, of course, be an uber CR 22 devil, right? ;) ) will be at the END of the week, rather than the beginning.

Finally someone that reads.

Yes, it is a week long event, with spawns about every four hours in the Market, all day, every day. First spawn was at 1am and following every four hours. At the end of each day, at 945pm there will be an End of Day event. The FINAL event to the whole thing is next weekend.

Since this is only the first day, we don't anything beyond that. We do not know if the spawns increase as time goes by, we don't know what the end of day event is for tonight.

Ghoste
03-02-2008, 04:25 PM

Two main problems:
1) They built this up a lot.
2) They gave timelines

They would have done better to have just shut up and never said anything about this. Had they done that, players would be saying "wow, what's going on? This is neat!" not "wow, I canceled my real life plans to check THIS out?"

Jondallar
03-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Two main problems:
1) They built this up a lot.
2) They gave timelines

They would have done better to have just shut up and never said anything about this. Had they done that, players would be saying "wow, what's going on? This is neat!" not "wow, I canceled my real life plans to check THIS out?"

QFT

better to mention something and leave it at that than have tons of hype for little action... noone likes a tease if all they ever do is tease and never put out;)

Tolero
03-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I apologize if there's been any confusion from our messaging about activities tonight. We will be having an activity tonight starting around 9:45 PM EST (-5 GMT), and there will be more events happening throughout the week. But the grand finale event will be next Saturday, and that is definately the night to be on. :)

Falco_Easts
03-02-2008, 04:43 PM
It's a worldwide balancing act... Any time on Friday is a work time for a lot of people. Saturday in the USA is Friday in NZ and Australia. Sunday EST is Saturday in many of the other markets that participate on the same servers. So it's the least annoying time for all on average.

Apparently Ireland is hosed by it, but Europe has it's own set of servers, so they probably don't get much weight in the US server decisions.

Actually, Saturday in the US is Sunday in Aus and NZ. See, I am already back at work for the week and bludging in the forums :) while all you guys are still having a weekend.

Gordo
03-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks Tolero and read my posts if you need a morale boost

dragnmoon
03-02-2008, 04:48 PM
I apologize if there's been any confusion from our messaging about activities tonight. We will be having an activity tonight starting around 9:45 PM EST (-5 GMT), and there will be more events happening throughout the week. But the grand finale event will be next Saturday, and that is definately the night to be on. :)

Unless you have it planned this time, I suggest the next event to have a story that allows for multiple grand events at interval times to allow those of us not in the US to participate :D

Betz
03-02-2008, 04:55 PM
My dea Lords of Stormreach,

please consider us Australian players, your Sunday time is our Monday and many of us have to work.

I'm sure there is a crossover time that could accomodate the wider community, we already get the dirty end of the stick for scheduled (and unscheduled maintenence)

This has been pleaded to the Lords of Stormreach since the game went live yet we still loose our peak hour game time and struggle to participate durin live events.

please guys, plan these things so we can all participate.

Cutedge
03-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Betz the main event is next saturday which is your sunday, so i think you lucked out :)

Ghoste
03-02-2008, 05:00 PM
My dea Lords of Stormreach,

please consider us Australian players, your Sunday time is our Monday and many of us have to work.

I'm sure there is a crossover time that could accomodate the wider community, we already get the dirty end of the stick for scheduled (and unscheduled maintenence)

This has been pleaded to the Lords of Stormreach since the game went live yet we still loose our peak hour game time and struggle to participate durin live events.

please guys, plan these things so we can all participate.
With the lack of respect they are showing for the time of those on the other side of the globe from you, this seems unlikely to do anything more than go through one ear and out the other.

brandt
03-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I am glad this event spans more then one hour on one day. It is not just aussies that find it hard to be here. Not all of us work nice mon - fri jobs 9-5. I work a 7 day rotation on nights. so i get to leave for work 15 minutes after todays event and finally for the first time, something is happening on my day off. SO YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be there to see what happens.
No matter how the event unfolds, thank you for this game.

Zorlinta
03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Well my personal thinks its that the event was carefull planned but really not was properly implemented to catch enough attemption and keep the interest on the players. The plot behind scenes should be great without doubt but was not shown enough for the massive ammount of players around and the time spend waiting for it, so following the sample base sample of tolero, this recital was not 10 mins, it was already about 45-60 mins of the movie because the players time spend on it was amusing in comparison of the whole expected time of a normal & casual players use, and specially those players that only can play on weekend.

Please for following events tell people at least when no more stuff will going to happen on a day, so people can administrate better their time and didnt wasted it. Remember that for many players the time online is the most precious resource they have, and often is so limited. Or too if u wish to keep more ppl interest so repeat the briefly told story each hour or each 2 hours, so people will have more opportunity of attendance. Please dont keep doing the same foolish mistakes of the past events.

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Finally someone that reads.

Yes, it is a week long event, with spawns about every four hours in the Market, all day, every day. First spawn was at 1am and following every four hours. At the end of each day, at 945pm there will be an End of Day event. The FINAL event to the whole thing is next weekend.

Since this is only the first day, we don't anything beyond that. We do not know if the spawns increase as time goes by, we don't know what the end of day event is for tonight.

show me an official announcement saying it is a week long event

this is the anouncement

Greetings Citizens of Stormreach!

I am pleased to announce there will be a festive gathering, held to honor the anniversary of our fair city of Stormreach!

The Coin Lords wish to join with all citizens to celebrate and give thanks to the Dragonmarked Houses and Kingdom of Galifar. For through their gifts, in the year 802 of the Galifar Calendar, the rebirth of Stormreach from a mere outpost in the wilderness to a thriving city was made possible. Stormreach has seen many changes, and faced many dangers, but our city still stands, and our citizens enjoy a life of prosperity! We invite all citizens to attend a gathering to honor our beloved city on Sul, the second day of Therendor (Sunday, March 2nd) in the Marketplace.
Additionally, thanks to the generosity of the Coin Lords, and the hard work of the city's bakers, all heroes and citizens of Stormreach will receive a special celebratory cake on Wir, the 27th of Olarune (Wednesday, February 27th) to mark the grand occasion on the 28th. Citizens will receive these cakes prior to the festival, provided they are already a citizen of Stormreach prior to the 27th of Olarune (prior to the patch on February 27th). Enjoy the cake, and what surprises may spring up from them until the day of the party!

More details will be made available as the day of the party draws closer. We hope that you will join us in celebrating this most joyous occasion!

No mention of it going on all week, just talks about Sunday, and says more details will be available

Here is Tolero from yesterday

Well the festival will be going on all day on the 2nd, but the evening is typically when most patrons find time to stop by. It might be the best time around then since there will be so many more party goers then. But even if you miss the start of the party, the rest of the week will still have festive activities

Edit: Oh and uh, vast & mysterious >> *runs away*

and this

Don't worry. Sir and I took care to make sure that party festivities will be going off multiple times, and some things for the party will linger, so even if you're not there right when the party activity starts, you can log in later to still catch it I know you all have gotten used to us saying "show up at X time for an hour on X server" and we've heard a lot of feed back saying that narrow window makes it too rough on folks to participate, so we're trying something a little different this time.

So nothing about the big event being next week just all about today and that we shoudl ook forward to today and that there would be things going on all day, random spawns every hour of 2 or 3 devils is not activities going on all day

Vesuvia
03-02-2008, 05:19 PM
It's good to know that Lawrence the Vile has taken his place with the Devils and left our city. Perhaps this member of the twelve will be more receptive to the prophecies of Vesuvia....

ps. For those that are complaining...try having some patience or just get a life...this isn't a new mod or anything..this is just some extra stuff they wanted to do, which they didnt even have to since they already achieved so many good things from mod 6. I think it's great this will be unfolding throughout the week and the marketplace changes and things alter and we come more in a state of Shavarath within the city. Unfortunately I got tickets to some fights Saturday night so I likely won't even be on for the finale.

Also lets be honest here most of this "hype" was from 99&#37; from the players not the devs. They planned out something cool for the week and since it's new different and exciting it's over hyped badly and some people don't have the patience to keep watching "the show". I suggest you seriously lower your expectations each night of what "might" happen because you don't know. If you can't handle that...reroll =). Nothing with this scale and magnitude will happen in a blink of an eye...BE PATIENT ...and then once again reroll.

bwuhaha

caj
03-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Thank you for the information but also thank you for a colossal waste of many, many players time from 2am till this little forum posting. I am truly aggravated at the Turbine Team for this one. There is no "movie scenario" or "loving little patch" you can provide to the player base that waited for hours upon hours for nothing. I was on before and after the 'devil' time of 2am, as well as this morning/afternoon... waste, a complete waste.

For future events the team needs to remember people have lives, families and work. If you continually forget this, you are destined to loose many players. You need to keep the players informed in two manners - real-life concrete details and the good storyline background.

Disapppointed and just plan.......

CJ

Attomic
03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
There's more excessive bitterness in this thread alone than at a Starbucks megastore. Impressive.

Stonespire
03-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Are the events only happening in the Marketplace? I just started playing so I can't get into the Marketplace yet unless I'm missing something.

Vesuvia
03-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Yes after completing water works 4 quests and talking to the harbormaster you gain entrance to the marketplace, or can pay the guard at the gate 20 gold to let you pass.

Vinos
03-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Are the events only happening in the Marketplace? I just started playing so I can't get into the Marketplace yet unless I'm missing something.

you can bribe the guard with 20 gold pieces if you haven't done waterworks yet. But you're not missing much right now so go run WW and get that mad XP.

Warrax23
03-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I honestly think that the devs are TRYing to do something good and fun, but it's just kinda coming off chuckie cheese... They aren't intentionally hurting peoples feeling or neglecting anyone on purpose. They just can't see the trees because of the forrest. This is a lot of our 2 year aniversary playing DDO, so it should be a big deal but instead of Steaks we get Crackers... least they're free crackers...

Stonespire
03-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the info!!

Vesuvia
03-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Dude these are magical crackers ...mkay...be patient and wait for it to turn into steak...it happens.

tekn0mage
03-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm going back to my original opinion on this. Had Turbine simple ANNOUNCED their intentions instead of playing this secretive game, it would have been CLEAR to ALL players instead of the miscommunication (as is common for Turbine) that we have now.

Play your secretive game, but the first post on the 2nd page exposes why this is a bad idea.

New players join up and are disappointed almost immediately with one thing or another. The recurring theme is that it almost always has to do with Turbine and their decisions, not necessarily the game itself. This is why DDO is in the state that it's in.

tekn0mage
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I honestly think that the devs are TRYing to do something good and fun, but it's just kinda coming off chuckie cheese... They aren't intentionally hurting peoples feeling or neglecting anyone on purpose. They just can't see the trees because of the forrest. This is a lot of our 2 year aniversary playing DDO, so it should be a big deal but instead of Steaks we get Crackers... least they're free crackers...

Well said.

klobbermeister
03-02-2008, 06:31 PM

"Next, the anniversary event will be the unveiling of new live event tech first used in Lord of the Rings Online, another Turbine title. The tech allows Turbine to program scripted moments such as changes in the environment, NPC activities, spawns, etc. Enhanced with live GMs, this new technology allows Turbine to offer more impressive – and easier to create! – in-game events. This will likely lead to more live events in DDO, starting with a big anniversary event lasting until the 9th of March. Kate wouldn’t give me many details, but did say “the city of Stormreach will never be the same again, and you can quote me on that.”

Ridag
03-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm going back to my original opinion on this. Had Turbine simple ANNOUNCED their intentions instead of playing this secretive game, it would have been CLEAR to ALL players instead of the miscommunication (as is common for Turbine) that we have now.

Play your secretive game, but the first post on the 2nd page says it all.

New players join up and are disappointed almost immediately with one thing or another. The recurring theme is that it almost always has to do with Turbine and their decisions, not necessarily the game itself. This is why DDO is in the state that it's in.

I feel really bad for players that don't follow the forums, the info from the log in window is not very informative. It is unfortunate, the concept is wonderful, just poorly communicated so far.

I think it would be great if the main event happened nightly at 9:45pm EST and was then repeated every 2-3 hours so everyone has at least a shot at participating. That may very well be what is planned, we won't know till after the first main event.

I have already cancelled (not due to this event, just general boredom/not enjoying mod 6) and luckily my sub runs through the entire event so I will get to see it out, my hopes are really not high for it however.

Turbine, as a company, has a long history of poor decisions. It really is a shame, as there have been parts of every game they have made that I absolutely love.

jmelanie7
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM

You always compare greenwitch with others, not the others with greenwitch, thats why its -5 gmt. Eastern time is 5 hours late on GMT. thnx

Ridag
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM
"Next, the anniversary event will be the unveiling of new live event tech first used in Lord of the Rings Online, another Turbine title. The tech allows Turbine to program scripted moments such as changes in the environment, NPC activities, spawns, etc. Enhanced with live GMs, this new technology allows Turbine to offer more impressive – and easier to create! – in-game events. This will likely lead to more live events in DDO, starting with a big anniversary event lasting until the 9th of March. Kate wouldn’t give me many details, but did say “the city of Stormreach will never be the same again, and you can quote me on that.”

Technically that is an article from a third party, not an official Turbine announcement. All announcements should be available through the log in window, as the majority of players do not visit the official forums, never mind third party sites relating to the game.

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 06:37 PM

does this appear in any official announcement from Turbine, no this is an article try again

Vesuvia
03-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Reroll immediately for being impatient without seeing the final result.

Seriously Turbine is doing a great job. The live week long event....is wonderful.

jmelanie7
03-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Not handled well - a lot of anticipation and build up in the forums (which was good) but delivery of the actual event did not impress.
It's not over yet, come on, give them the chance to impress us during the week and next weekend :)

tekn0mage
03-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Ironic, this flood of negativity is just in time to welcome back all those people who used to play. With all the negativity that has occured with past events, you'd think this is something they'd have tried to think about for this one.

It is NOT negativity that drives people away from this game. It is the failed execution of proper game administration.

Turbine has a huge disconnect with its audience, that is what needs addressing.

Larhanya_Theliel
03-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Personally, I'm just disappointed because the party was cancelled!
Damn you, devils, I'll show you!! *shakes fist in the general direction of the Rusty Nail*

ps.
Go DDO, it's your birthday!

Big_Russ
03-02-2008, 07:02 PM

Holy cow people. The announcement is from Tolero on page two of THIS VERY THREAD.

I apologize if there's been any confusion from our messaging about activities tonight. We will be having an activity tonight starting around 9:45 PM EST (-5 GMT), and there will be more events happening throughout the week. But the grand finale event will be next Saturday, and that is definately the night to be on.

That being said, this is really a letdown. Just give us a loot day and call it even. We are getting server lag from eleventy billion people in the market anyway.

Snoggy
03-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Technically that is an article from a third party, not an official Turbine announcement. All announcements should be available through the log in window, as the majority of players do not visit the official forums, never mind third party sites relating to the game.

Thing is ... the majority of people complaining about this event DO visit the forums. I know this because I keep reading this thread, which is located on the official forums, and which has many of those complaints. To make it even more ironic, the third party article (which quotes a DDO dev, making it a rather official quote), was linked in this exact forum. Some folks who've posted in this thread even posted in that thread.

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad internet, lemme tell ya.

Still, if one is skilled enough to navigate teh intarwebz and find this site and log in and post complaints ... I have a feeling that someone is also skilled enough to read the forums and find the information that was quoted there.

;)

cdbd3rd
03-02-2008, 08:44 PM

I can understand all your positions. I'm +9 GMT, so it was Sunday for 14 hours before anything happened at all. It was another couple hours before my friends and I were ambushed by a few Orthons on our lowbies heading to Tangleroot. Dang sorcerer got all the killing blows (yay CD!). My highest character, 9 cleric, was in a few of those buffing raids where people would stand by the auctioneer and throw fireballs and flamestrikes at each other. I burned all my mana for several hours just trading Mass Aid spells with higher levels. I, too, was hoping for something a bit more dramatic (higher quantity, higher CR so I could at least die or rez someone), but again, this is day one. Of seven. So let's just see how the week pans out before we cry foul and/or Epic Fail on this. :)

Then again, I could be completely, totally wrong. That happens too. ;)

After a little thought, I'm thinking the climax will be the Market tent collapsing into a giant portal which we have to blitz through to save Sir Lawrence. It would be cool, anyway...except I'm pretty sure the adventurers of Stormreach would instead drag Coyle in there and leave them both to their fates...but probably kill the boss devil hoping for some ph4t r41d l00t. :)

LOL. In fairness, I'll only finished off two of the three.
But at level 3, he's happy adding the notes to his bio.;)

Have to agree that waiting en mass for 2 or 3 devils is going to brew discontent. Flipping the coin to the other side, it leaves a lot of room to build on thru the week, with the culmination still being within realistic limits.

/Withholds judgement til later on.
:cool:

edit: Just watched my boy Mario his way to the first clue 'over the marketplace'.... LOL.

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Holy cow people. The announcement is from Tolero on page two of THIS VERY THREAD.

That being said, this is really a letdown. Just give us a loot day and call it even. We are getting server lag from eleventy billion people in the market anyway.

no that is a response to everyone complaining about standing around all day

Dragonhyde
03-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I just want to say that this might have been more fun if there wasnt so much spell griefing during the jumping part of the live event

Warrax23
03-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Well todays even sucked, HOWEVER the technology used seemed a lot better, changed the market place without down time, so THAT is a step in the right direction... now about those devils that get wiped out in 3 seconds....

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 09:20 PM
I just want to say that this might have been more fun if there wasnt so much spell griefing during the jumping part of the live event

yeah I just kept switching instances till I found a quiet one, it was definitely anticlimactic, and they are really intent on dragging it out over the week it seems.

TheBearNZ
03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Well I think it is awesome ... dynamic content Finally !!!

I don't mind if it drags on over a week ... I suspect they are learning as much as we are. And if this leads to better things in the future I am all for it

Lorien_the_First_One
03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
So we were all called to an event creating 20 instances just so we can leap frog up and be told to come back tomorrow?

Or maybe we were there to kill the handful of devils, most of which died within seconds because the number and challenge was too low to live for more than a couple swings. Naw, can't be that, we could do the same thing and earn treasure and xp if we went to the vale - well and be more challenged too.

Yup, a great event alright....

TommyBoy
03-02-2008, 09:53 PM
This was lame and a waist. A waist of a good chance to wow everyone. I think at most I saw maybe 20 devels. I rember in the pirate day event have well over a hundred. And I heard stuff dropped at the top, but only heard that once never saw any or heard it again. After building up for over a month and hearing Telero say it made her jaw drop I saw really expecting something huge to kick off the whole week. Insteed it was like going to see an action flick and having 5 minutes of action with a 115 of chick flick tear jerker.

Also the climbing thing is intirely stupid. As someone in my guild put it (paraphrasing) "At least in Mario brother we get a hundred free men"

sda3
03-02-2008, 09:58 PM
This was lame and a waist. A waist of a good chance to wow everyone. I think at most I saw maybe 20 devels. I rember in the pirate day event have well over a hundred. And I heard stuff dropped at the top, but only heard that once never saw any or heard it again. After building up for over a month and hearing Telero say it made her jaw drop I saw really expecting something huge to kick off the whole week. Insteed it was like going to see an action flick and having 5 minutes of action with a 115 of chick flick tear jerker.

Also the climbing thing is intirely stupid. As someone in my guild put it (paraphrasing) "At least in Mario brother we get a hundred free men"

You must not have stayed around very long. In the last hour alone i have seen 6 devil spawns with about a dozen each and numerous loot drops. Mostly low level sscepters, but hey the large bags are nice.

QuixoticDan
03-02-2008, 10:01 PM
ArkoHighStar - I must have read the wrong thing and come upon the right conclusion. I apologize if I've confused you. :)

Sundry Others - I can understand how you'd be disappointed in what's happened so far. However, I've been reading more forums today, so I'm a bit snippety...so I'll go ahead and make the mistake of saying:

While there may not be much 'official' documentation that the entire event wouldn't play out Sunday night...there is also no 'official' statement saying "Please plan your personal life around this grand event, it will be the most amazing thing you will ever experience." Yeah, that's a little too extreme for good taste or good tact, but I kinda want to get the point across. As was pointed out in an earlier post, a LOT of the hype was player-generated; in fact, it was all a good example of why RP can be as exciting as combat, since most of the player-dev interaction about this very event was, in fact, in character. Mainly what I can remember as being actually promised was 'vast and mysterious.' Wish cake, runic graffiti, collapsing tent, beggared vendors, and periodic attacks by devil forces in a previously strictly non-combat public instance...sounds pretty vast to me so far. And what the heck is happening, anyway? Mysterious. They've delivered for me. Just some advice, as a total n00b...if you really really want excitement during this event, don't show up on your most powerful character. CR 11 devils look a lot different as a level 4. :)

But, yes, most of this is purely personal supposition, and heavily opinionated. It's biased to my play style, my perceptions, and my basic emotional condition at the time I log in. So, please, feel free to disregard the entire post if it's inconvenient to you. ;)

As a side note, to my fellow former AC1 players, I'm harking back to the giant crater that was Arwic after the shadow spires. This could end up being really, really cool. :)

pikkumyy28
03-02-2008, 10:20 PM
This is my second post ever on a forum and, unfortunately, it comes due to frustration rather than kudos. I love the idea of the live event. I would like more of them but this, so far, has left me scratching my head.
Here are my questions:
1. Why jumping on rocks? You know it is going to be laggy no matter how many instances there are. You know it is going to be difficult. You know people will be torn between do I go up there or do I stay down here to fight the monsters coming through the spawned portal. I fell off for 60 minutes before quitting and deciding that whatever was up there, just wasn't worth it. Why wouldn't Turbine make it easy(ier) to get to? Heck, make us swim for it if you really want to throw some sort of challenge at us. So, please why jumping? If I wanted to play Mario Bro. I would buy a Nintendo (or run the Pit). BTW, if you're that guy- you know, the one who got up there, no problems, likety-split- good for you. Go get yourself a cookie.
2. What did I miss by not getting up there? Veheer, I'm sure. But what did he have to say? Alas, I wish I knew. Instead, I just got to slip off some rocks.
3. I did stay logged in for some of the day waiting, watching and waiting. I saw 2-4 devils that were demolished just as I was realizing what they were. At night, I saw a few bats and a few bezikira which I actually got to fire some shots off at and, during my jump fest, I saw 2-4 more devils.
I felt a bit silly logging in checking, not knowing if something was coming or if I just missed something that happened. So, why not more? Why not super-challenging right off the bat? Something to grab our attention. Even from the "story telling" perspective would 2-4 devils come across at a time to challenge Stormreach? I'm not following it.

Please, Turbine, help me with these because I am struggling and frustrated.

rnor6084
03-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah umm Veheer ol' buddy. Not sure where you learned your stair building skills but yeeaaaah, THEY SUCK!!!

If you went to college for that I would seriously think about getting a refund.

How about a little improvement there Turbine? I can understand that kind of difficulty in a quest but c'mon.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-02-2008, 10:47 PM
2. What did I miss by not getting up there? Veheer, I'm sure. But what did he have to say? Alas, I wish I knew. Instead, I just got to slip off some rocks.

He said "come back tomorrow"...which ****ed off just about everyone who made it there.

~David_Dodge
03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I agree with the comments about the stairway to heaven lol. Any lag while you are trying to jump on the so called stairs will pretty much knock you off. I may try to do it during my lunch break during the week when the servers are less busy. Right now its a fools errand with my pally (even with jump). I like to play dnd, its what I grew up with and therefore I like DDO alot, at least when its not super mario time (This is far worse than even the pit which I can and have dealt with) . If I made my pen and paper players make 35 jump checks to get a middling reward item they'd skip it (or talk my ear off about it being lame) . If it was in a quest and was a test for a major end reward for a ranger or thief I could see it. Some people may like super mario - me not so much.

The spawning of devils was great - I do think we need more (not just 1 or two). The sorcerors were charming it, parading it around and buffing it up so it was challenge for the group that had gathered lol. :D

So keep the devils coming and put in a somewhat more normal stair up to the reward. (or just make the instance of the stair appearing more rare).

Paragon
03-02-2008, 11:05 PM
One suggestion on the spawns...

They clearly go in patterns. I think it would be better if the devil and loot spawns happened in each spot across all instances at the same time, as this would eliminate the need for instance jumping and give everyone a fairer chance at getting some loot.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Syrbryce
03-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Hey guys I enjoyed the heck outtta tonights event. The lag nonwithstanding, but there were spawns on the top of the mario brothers tribute, at the top of the spire, on the bridge to the bank, even a couple of Bezikira wound up stuck inside a second story building.

Fun times! Especially instance jumping into a mob of 12 devils and pack of bats. Got one cone of cold off before it was munch on the sorc time. Hehe!

Haven't tabbed up the loot stuff yet, but it was 3 large ingredient bags, one large collectible bag, multiple wands of +1 search, +1 umd, eternal titan wands, and 1200 tasty hams!

DJNsomniac
03-02-2008, 11:50 PM
I did find it amusing that the whole live event text went up then for about 2 hours people kept trying to get to the top of stormreach to find out the guy says "come back tomorrow, heres a buff" I just thought it was kind of stupid.

I look forward to next week and the stuff that happens throughout this week, I just thought tonight was not communicated well at all and could of been handeled better.

Still love the game though,

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. for people saying posters like myself are under 15, I'm 26 years old.

Nemonon
03-03-2008, 02:26 AM
i thought veheer was the new teleporter.........i told him what i thought of stormreach and he sent me to the gianthold..........i thought it was nice of him to give me a ride to where the real action was. = )

oh and i vote to abandon the market to the devils and have everyone check back in on friday to see how many devils spawned. then tell turbine we made our own event.......and to take notes.

caj
03-03-2008, 05:39 AM
He said "come back tomorrow"...which ****ed off just about everyone who made it there.

Yea.. that did it for many of us after waiting all Sunday morning and afternoon... wow... the big event! The spawning of the devils and their minions SHOULD have been what happened all day rather than 1-3 hours spawns. The Market Place should be a very dangerous place. Players should have to look over their shoulders for fear of being 'ganked' by unseen killers. Instead... well.. wasted hours of "real life time" (2:00am to 9:45pm) then this Mario Brothers Jump up and see me on my tower and "Comeback Later or... in your face again haha".

IMO - The last few minutes before the "Devil Gates and Invasion subsided" was how it should have been - Chaos and Insane. Player Characters need to have a challenge, fear and the real possibility of being killed.

Seriously Turbine... I love you try Events.. I love you care about trying to do something for you players/customers.. but "holy Charlie Foxtrot Batman" what happened to planning/thinking something through? You need to again have two part communication with your players/customers... one the 5 "W"'s and then the beautiful storyline we all like. The miscommunication during his event lead to many players standing around for hours upon hours... and leaving them frustrated.

Trollhammer
03-03-2008, 08:21 AM
We had 20 instances on Ghandalla(SP)..on one of them we had a caster Charming the spawned devils...Buff the bejezzes out of them and when they broke the charm, Let's just say..much more challenging...Give us a Pit fiend with a Million HP's...turn 1/2 the level 16's standing around into soul stones through sheer destructive power...(Something that might take a 1/2 hour to kill with many deaths)..now that would give us something to Talk about...yeah buddy!

wamjratl1
03-03-2008, 08:26 AM
I have not read this whole thread but just want to post a general response to all the negative vibes in here. The devs have pretty much given us the schedule for this thing. They told us the party was sunday. Sir Lawrence told us it was at 2:00 PM. Tolero (I think) told us it would be all day but would culminate in the evening. And now we know the 9:45 schedule that the demons follow. There have been plenty of clues both in-game and on the forums about when stuff was gonna unfold. I just don't see why anyone is angry or irritated about this event so far. If you logged in at Midnight Sat (which a lot of folks a Ghallanda did), then you just didn't read enough in here. I'm not saying everyone SHOULD have known the schedule, but for those who really wanted to know, the information was there.

And trust me, if I can figure this stuff out, I know the rest of you can!!:D

On another note, just want to say THANKS to the Turbine crew for the anniversary gig so far. I have had a blast and have enjoyed the suspense as it all unfolds. Saturday night I had 2 players convinced that I was responsible for the graffiti. They really wanted to know how I did it. When I finally told them I thought we would be attacked on Sunday, they wanted to know "by who?!??!" I told them it would be someone with orange spray paint.

And last night was awesome. 20 instances of the Mktplace on Ghallanda. Been a while since that happened. Everyone was having a ball jumping (and falling), fighting devils, bats, etc... My guildies (both of them lol) and our allies had a ball alternately buffing each other anfd then distracting each other with fireballs etc. while jumping up to the platform. Innovindil, if you read this, thanks for Niac-ing those devils who appeared on my jumping stones! My Niac's never lands for some reason....

Anyway Devs, Thanks again and can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings!

caj
03-03-2008, 09:14 AM
I have not read this whole thread but just want to post a general response to all the negative vibes in here. The devs have pretty much given us the schedule for this thing. They told us the party was sunday. Sir Lawrence told us it was at 2:00 PM. Tolero (I think) told us it would be all day but would culminate in the evening. And now we know the 9:45 schedule that the demons follow. There have been plenty of clues both in-game and on the forums about when stuff was gonna unfold. I just don't see why anyone is angry or irritated about this event so far. If you logged in at Midnight Sat (which a lot of folks a Ghallanda did), then you just didn't read enough in here. I'm not saying everyone SHOULD have known the schedule, but for those who really wanted to know, the information was there.d have enjoyed the suspense as it all unfolds.

The "schedule" was not posted until later Sunday afternoon after player complaints and frustration. The posting at 1:35am on Sunday (frontpage/logon) said basically here is comes... but again nothing of substance. The start time was 2am not 2pm... even after 2pm there was the same 1-3 hours spawns. The Veheer and his fellow Twelve tried to justify the event as a movie and supense fully building. Again.. no information or consideration/understanding of Real Life or wasted time. The announcement of 9:45pm came later that afternoon with things will "become apparent and happen". Mind you, there is no conspiracy or deliberateness to this in my opinion. Just a case of not thinking things through when concerning you customer base. We all are not "Ubermunchkins" that can spent hours online wasting time... comunicate effectively and we can manage our time. So the "negativity" is constructive (and yes unconstructive I've seen) criticism fully waranted and justified.

So please read the thread to see the timeline of events...

TommyBoy
03-03-2008, 09:16 AM
You must not have stayed around very long. In the last hour alone i have seen 6 devil spawns with about a dozen each and numerous loot drops. Mostly low level sscepters, but hey the large bags are nice.

Stayed until 1050 and at 1050 there were no spawns happening.

wamjratl1
03-03-2008, 10:04 AM

this is the anouncement

How about Here? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=137809

No mention of it going on all week, just talks about Sunday, and says more details will be available

Here is Tolero from yesterday

and this

So nothing about the big event being next week just all about today and that we shoudl ook forward to today and that there would be things going on all day, random spawns every hour of 2 or 3 devils is not activities going on all day

And Here

Sir Lawrence
Live Events Join Date: Oct 2006

Those who can't make it to the kick off of the festival on the 2nd, I assure you that the 2nd is only the beginning of the festivities for the week.

Remember to have your kobold spayed or neutered.

Or Even Here:

Tolero
Turbine Community Team Join Date: Sep 2007

Well the festival will be going on all day on the 2nd, but the evening is typically when most patrons find time to stop by. It might be the best time around then since there will be so many more party goers then. But even if you miss the start of the party, the rest of the week will still have festive activities

Issip
03-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I think they are going for a Ghostbusters II (or was it III?) plot. All the negative energy from the forums is flowing into the sewers beneath Stormreach in the form of ectoplasmic goo, by Saturday all the forum negativity will have reached an apex, and all the sewers will overflow forming one giant gelatonous invicible cube killing us all and destroying stormreach forever. The thing will have infinite hit points, a +75 fort save and roll loaded dice - stormreach is doomed!

wamjratl1
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
The "schedule" was not posted until later Sunday afternoon after player complaints and frustration. The posting at 1:35am on Sunday (frontpage/logon) said basically here is comes... but again nothing of substance. The start time was 2am not 2pm... even after 2pm there was the same 1-3 hours spawns. The Veheer and his fellow Twelve tried to justify the event as a movie and supense fully building. Again.. no information or consideration/understanding of Real Life or wasted time. The announcement of 9:45pm came later that afternoon with things will "become apparent and happen". Mind you, there is no conspiracy or deliberateness to this in my opinion. Just a case of not thinking things through when concerning you customer base. We all are not "Ubermunchkins" that can spent hours online wasting time... comunicate effectively and we can manage our time. So the "negativity" is constructive (and yes unconstructive I've seen) criticism fully waranted and justified.

So please read the thread to see the timeline of events...

I don't have the time to stay online and wait for something to happen either. That's why i read the forums here (and again, I don't expect everyone to do that 0 only those who really want to know the scoop) and based on what i read, I knew that the event would be starting on Sunday. i thought i read 2 PM but guess i was wrong and now i can't find the thread. But I also knew it would go on all day and would culminate in the evening. I did not log in to the game or forums from Sat PM until Sun evenining cuz i knew i wouldn't miss anything. I also knew it was a week long event. As seen here....

Tolero

I am not an "Ubermunchkin" either. The people I was responding to are the ones who complained about being online from 2 AM until 11PM Sunday. Apparently they have the time to waste.... A quick look through the Dev tracker would have saved hours of precious time.

SciFiCowboy
03-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Let's have some fun and allow AOE. I'd have so much fun greasing the floating blocks for hours of mindless entertainment watching people jump and slip. If I could get up there from someone else greasing the blocks under me. Laugh it off and try again. LOL.

I agree it was a "should I do that shroud run or hang out?" then out of time, oh well, killed a few devils, got lots of buffs, I want to see Titan Jr walk through a portal, or Velah's Mom pop in for a real challenge. Pttttt, Bearded Devils, FOD, *yawn, FOD, Yawn.

Maybe the Pit Fiend can teleport us to some plane and beat us up there.

SidBadguy
03-03-2008, 11:19 AM
There was loot?? I musta banashed like 50 of those guys and I never saw drops...is it a chest or somthing?

Oh and I would have been the first to the tower on instance 9 of the market on Thelanis but I fell off on the last jump from lag and Mystic Theurge beat me. But just fyi the spell that really makes it hard to get up those stones is haste so leave it off. And sunbursts make it real hard to see. :D

ArkoHighStar
03-03-2008, 11:41 AM
And Here

Sir Lawrence
Live Events Join Date: Oct 2006

Those who can't make it to the kick off of the festival on the 2nd, I assure you that the 2nd is only the beginning of the festivities for the week.

Remember to have your kobold spayed or neutered.

Or Even Here:

Tolero

the official announcements themsleves say nothing about all week

And Tolero's post points to Sunday as having events happening all day long with the big party as the big event for the day. Not, well Sunday we are hardly going to do anything, but Monday there will be a little more, then Tuesday it will last about 15 seconds longer etc etc, but guess what we really meant the big stuff to happen next Saturday surprise!!!!

All official communication and expectations were set very high for something to happen on Sunday, we had a whole raid party ready standing at the airship spire to repel invaders, as the guy from the 12 said they woudl be invading at 9:45 exactly. Well 9:45pm came and about 30-40 things spawned over 15 minutes. Do you know how long 30 mobs lasted with literally hundreds of people standing there waiting. And then we see the stairs, and its a contest to see who can get there first, all so we can have him tell us to come back tomorrow.

I think someone else said it best we should have known better than to expect it to be nothing more than another RP event, especially since Tolero was truly excited about it.

Now that I understand the plan so to speak I have adjusted my expectations way down

wamjratl1
03-03-2008, 12:50 PM
the official announcements themsleves say nothing about all week

And Tolero's post points to Sunday as having events happening all day long with the big party as the big event for the day. Not, well Sunday we are hardly going to do anything, but Monday there will be a little more, then Tuesday it will last about 15 seconds longer etc etc, but guess what we really meant the big stuff to happen next Saturday surprise!!!!

All official communication and expectations were set very high for something to happen on Sunday, we had a whole raid party ready standing at the airship spire to repel invaders, as the guy from the 12 said they woudl be invading at 9:45 exactly. Well 9:45pm came and about 30-40 things spawned over 15 minutes. Do you know how long 30 mobs lasted with literally hundreds of people standing there waiting. And then we see the stairs, and its a contest to see who can get there first, all so we can have him tell us to come back tomorrow.

I think someone else said it best we should have known better than to expect it to be nothing more than another RP event, especially since Tolero was truly excited about it.

Now that I understand the plan so to speak I have adjusted my expectations way down

I understand your point. I guess it just goes to your last statement about expectations. I didn't know really what to expect so didn't get TOO excited about it. I still thought it was very cool and fun and the guys I was with had a good time with it. Hopefully, at some point this week (Saturday?!??!) we will get the full-scale invasion we have hoped for. I do hope everyone (regardless of what they think so far) enjoys whatever has been planned for the rest of the week. If it's not what we expected or really wanted, hopefully we can find a way to have a good time anyway!

PS and i was a but miffed when i heard that the dude at the top just tells you to come back tomorrow but I also thought it was kind of funny. But that's my sense of humor... I tell you what will really p*** me off is if i'm not on that platform when i log in next (since i logged out there). it took FOREVER for my no-twitch-skills-havin' behind to jump up there.

Talon_Moonshadow
03-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Better, but still disappointing.
We were led to believe that lots of stuff would be happening all day Sunday 2Mar. That is why I'm disappointed.

But I would also like to express my concerns for the nighttime events that happened.

Creatures would spawn about ten minutes apart.....and only stay alive about 20seconds after the high lvl toons got to them.
Then we had to wait another 20min to have a shot at anything.

I was "lucky" enough to be almost the first on the scene to two spawnings........but I got so much lag, and there were so many baddies, that I didn't stand a chance.....I might have died without the lag....but I will never know, because the lag was so bad when they spawned that I could not fight back!

What I would have like to see, was baddies spawn a few at a time very very often.......give my coputer achance to adjust to them on my screen before I had to engage them.......and to be enough of them to still be around when I finally did get to engage them.

The spawn rate is still way way too slow.
And the bigger didn't last much longer than the smaller one.....but caused a huge amount of lag for me, and meant certain death if I was close enough to get their agro.......and if I was not close enough to have agro when they first spawned, it meant they were dead before I could close enough to join the fight.

Please, please please make an adjustment that can let everyone have a piece of the action!

Few baddies per mob.....multiple spawns points at the same time.........new spawns very often!......2min apart maybe.

That way there will still be something for me to fight after my lag wears off......plz!

Gorbadoc
03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Anyone who spots anything amiss throughout this week should continue to give us reports from the field, so we can work together to try and stop them!
I spotted something-- it turns out that the devils are unbelievably stupid. They announce when they're going to appear five minutes in advance with a big portal in the middle of a public area, and then they come out just a few at a time. Based on the general lack of damage they've done, I'm pretty sure they're trying to surrender when they come out of the portals. In fact, we need to watch our butts; there's a good chance Stormreach is committing a war crime by sanctioning their murder.

Dymond
03-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Well I wasn't a big fan of the 'super mario' stuff myself but to be sitting on one of those columns when not 1, not 2, but 3 bearded devils all popped on in front of me scared the **** outta me. Lucky they weren't balanced very well and few swats of my sword sent them sailing down below. But I say we cut Turbine some slack for trying to go above and beyond for us players.

NoBodie1964
03-03-2008, 05:43 PM
I think "Turbine and the DDO Developers" are on something. I am wasting more time trying to climb that "Dumb stair". You think we got nothing better to do, well I can only say I hope the "Bloody" reward is worth it. But then, their more than likely no reward.

Sokar6000
03-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Turbine, I just wanted to say that tonight was awesome. The CR 30 Devils really packed a bunch. People died; even though we numbered almost as many as the DPRK's armed forces. And when we deafeated them, we thought we had accomplished something, when two more sprung!

Great stuff, keep it up!

Jenn6245
03-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I think the event is good but man could you make the loot more fair To bussy healing etc im not good at alt tabbing to get all the items! And there needs to be more items! I think the majority of everyone got absolutely nothing! Nice Hu

RazorrX
03-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Lots of empty loot bags by the time I noticed them. :( BUT I did manage to get to the top of the stairs at the end (went to see if his dialog had changed, thus marking the end) just as more loot dropped, grabbed a few items and shared with my guildies as they got up top. Good times.

At one time I looked this Bearded Devil in the eye, and said "bring it scruffy."

I think probably the biggest highlight was when the huge gaping portal opened in the sky above the market. WOW! CR 30 devils, Bats, a portal that you could fly an air ship through. Way cool.

This is the 50 foot twinkie that we were fearing. Dogs and Cats living together end of days kind of thing. Well done!

Cahira
03-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I think "Turbine and the DDO Developers" are on something. I am wasting more time trying to climb that "Dumb stair". You think we got nothing better to do, well I can only say I hope the "Bloody" reward is worth it. But then, their more than likely no reward.

Even though I like the jumping...and even though I know I'll regret it later...I went to the top last night before I logged out...and logged out up there. Now, I can just log in, check in with Veheer, and continue on my merry way. :D

renegade117
03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Turbine:

Thank you for trying hard to make this a good event. Your announcement of a time to be active as well as making the culmination next Saturday (which will assuage the chap from Australia so he doesn't mock our "precious country" again) shows you are active on the boards and trying to respond to issues that have merit.

I'm 38 and I feel like most posters must be under 15 since the complaining reminds me of my kids. I think the build up has been awesome and I'm sure you will have more to come. Just watching everyone mill about anxiously has been fun.

I feel I get my money's worth every month with DDO and although there will always be issues to discuss, this event has not yet qualified as one of them. I think you should be given a complete chance to execute this story before anyone complains.

This is preemptive "I'm taking my ball and going home" nonsense. I just thought you should know not everyone thinks badly of DDO or this event.

Thanks for making a childhood passion of mine (PnP D&D) as real as I could only have imagined when I was a kid.

Gordion

I agree Gordo! I've been having a blast! These new devs have been nothing but good to us... Give 'em a chance instead of jumping them! This live event has been awesome, any live event is great. Had a ball watching all the people on, fighting in the market/ WOW! That is cool. Saw devils spawn and saw a swarm of who's who and old friends jump 'em! And nothing preventing you from running the quest either, with all the folks on, hardest part is trying to figure out what almost full party to join:eek:!!!

Thank you guys!

Jaime

Dalith
03-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Boooooooring.

Stand around and twiddling my thumbs is not what I consider a fun "live event". The graphics are pretty cool and demons spawning randomly is a nice touch. However, waiting and waiting to just have demons spawn and then have ninjas looting anything that drops...that is not the game DDO is geared towards.

DSL
03-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Boooooooring.

Stand around and twiddling my thumbs is not what I consider a fun "live event". The graphics are pretty cool and demons spawning randomly is a nice touch. However, waiting and waiting to just have demons spawn and then have ninjas looting anything that drops...that is not the game DDO is geared towards.

The tower spawning above the marketplace was cool, though I know many were frustrated at the jumps... Ultimately I would have preferred it if there were a lot more devil spawns overall... have portals popping up every minute or so over much of the day and lasting until they get destroyed... with more devil spawn would have given everyone a sene of being able to participate, instead of camping a portal so that they can die within 5 seconds of arrival... the way it was done makes for a lot of people wandering around looking for something to do instead of feeling like they're a part of what's happening. Great ideas though, and a good feel overall of impending doom.

quickgrif
03-04-2008, 05:37 PM
They should have made bags drop that when any player clicks on has a random chance to get an item. One attempt per bag for all players, this keeps the ninja looting down and is in the spirit of the loot system in DDO.

Wizzly_Bear
03-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I think the event is good but man could you make the loot more fair To bussy healing etc im not good at alt tabbing to get all the items! And there needs to be more items! I think the majority of everyone got absolutely nothing! Nice Hu
/signed, all of it