PDA

View Full Version : Sir Lawrence Missing, Marketplace In Danger!

Veheer
03-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Hello citizens, I bring ill tidings on what was to be a glorious day of merriment. Sir Lawrence is missing, and our marketplace has been beset by the spawns of Shavarath. Reports of some devils in the marketplace, as well as my study of the infernal graffiti which appeared in the marketplace, indicate that the threat is upon us. The situation looks dire. The devils are quite displeased that we sent their General back to Shavarath. Additional research needs to be done to further decipher the graffiti, and see their true intention.

All able bodied men and women are asked to assist the city guard in hunting down and killing any Shavarath devils they encounter. To aid in this effort, the magical wards on the marketplace have been weakened to permit spell casting citizens the needed support to vanquish these foes. Those wishing to avoid the dangers of the Marketplace may seek out a member of the Twelve, Zoth Naylte. He will usher citizens to other wards of the city safely by way of teleport. Citizens should not travel alone as they navigate the marketplace streets, for the dangers of these Shavarath devils is not to be under estimated. We advise any citizens with less worldly experience in combat to seek out the protection of more experienced adventurers if they attempt to enter the marketplace. Be safe, and be vigilant, I will bring more information when I can.

woodspider
03-02-2008, 12:20 AM
*Walks by whistling whilst his hands are in his pockets*

*Smiles, and says, "Imagine that."*

Dane_McArdy
03-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Ha, if it hadn't been for the brave members of The Mature Adventures Club on Khyber, the portal might have gone unoticed and who knows what havoc those devils would have done?

Sir Lawrence maybe missing, or in leauge with the monsters of Shavarath!

There will be blood in the streets of Stormreach these days!

Tobiase
03-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Several creatures were swiftly defeated on Sarlona not ten minutes ago. We are doing our part.

Brianius
03-02-2008, 12:25 AM
DOOOOM! I am watching this invasion now. The resident sorceress is combating these devils now.

Kisaragi
03-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Hello citizens, I bring ill tidings on what was to be a glorious day of merriment. Sir Lawrence is missing, and our marketplace has been beset by the spawns of Shavarath. Reports of some devils in the marketplace, as well as my study of the infernal graffiti which appeared in the marketplace, indicate that the threat is upon us. The situation looks dire. The devils are quite displeased that we sent their General back to Shavarath. Additional research needs to be done to further decipher the graffiti, and see their true intention.

All able bodied men and women are asked to assist the city guard in hunting down and killing any Shavarath devils they encounter. To aid in this effort, the magical wards on the marketplace have been weakened to permit spell casting citizens the needed support to vanquish these foes. Those wishing to avoid the dangers of the Marketplace may seek out a member of the Twelve, Zoth Naylte. He will usher citizens to other wards of the city safely by way of teleport. Citizens should not travel alone as they navigate the marketplace streets, for the dangers of these Shavarath devils is not to be under estimated. We advise any citizens with less worldly experience in combat to seek out the protection of more experienced adventurers if they attempt to enter the marketplace. Be safe, and be vigilant, I will bring more information when I can.

Um, nothing on Thelanis as of yet. I think you've been blessing the forest a bit too much lately...

Sertrynus
03-02-2008, 12:29 AM
ok ok, hands up who believed that the situation was well in hand

Sir Lawrence is missing and presumed scared :p

PCNONSENSE
03-02-2008, 12:33 AM
We have 40 lvl 16's and get 3 devils. Comon id ratrher be slaughtered.

Dimz
03-02-2008, 12:35 AM
We have 40 lvl 16's and get 3 devils. Comon id ratrher be slaughtered.

This is just the beginning young warrior! We must prepare for a bigger strike tomorrow.

Ghoste
How do I enlist with the devils?

Garth_of_Sarlona
Ah this is why he had no comment to the story (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=138238) leaked earlier!

Garth

Dozen_Black_Roses
Um, nothing on Thelanis as of yet. I think you've been blessing the forest a bit too much lately...

Oh it happened on thelanis..you missed it...portal opened...orthons and devils came out after about 10 mins..we killed them..portal dissapeared

Veheer
03-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Well of course! These measly devils are but fodder... a distraction from their true intentions. Do not let them lull you into a false sense of security. If you are not for the protection of Stormreach, you are against it!

Be vigilant, be prepared, and we will put an end to the meddling of Shavarath!

Kisaragi
03-02-2008, 12:40 AM
You know, I've been around a long time. Every time one of city big wigs say 'Invasion' it ends up being smaller then a scouting party. I have a craving for blood. If it's not the devils, then I'll have no choice but to start spawning undead to go after humans.

You shouldn't fear the devils, you should fear the Drow...

Ghoste
03-02-2008, 12:41 AM
If you are not for the protection of Stormreach, you are against it!
Precisely! And where exactly do we find this sign up sheet for being "against it"?

Big-Dex
03-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Any predictions on how massive this invasion is going to be?

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Oh it happened on thelanis..you missed it...portal opened...orthons and devils came out after about 10 mins..we killed them..portal dissapeared

you blinked and you missed it on argo, they lasted about 10 seconds as 50 lvl 16's basically cut them down. Very frustating as we had 6 marketplaces going, and you had to be at the right place at the right time otherwise you missed the 10 seconds of combat:mad:

Kisaragi
03-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Given the size of the previous ones, six trolls and a kitchen sink. There's never been massive invasions. Not that they'd last all that long even if there were. Plus, given the technology they have, they can't spawn hundreds without crashing the server. So probably no more then forty in the marketplace at max.

You're only going to get to kill em if you're unbelievably lucky.

Sertrynus
03-02-2008, 12:49 AM
so far the event seems like the Beta World Changing event :p

Veheer
03-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Precisely! And where exactly do we find this sign up sheet for being "against it"?

If you are "against" the protection of our city, and we meet face to face, I will see that you are banished beyond the city walls.

Big-Dex
03-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Hmmm... so is that all for tonight?

Kisaragi
03-02-2008, 12:53 AM
If you are "against" the protection of our city, and we meet face to face, I will see that you are banished beyond the city walls.

Doesn't do real well against people with Greater Teleportation just so you know ^-~

Veheer
03-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Hmmm... so is that all for tonight?

The devils do not sleep. I fear we will be seeing them sporadically until their full plan is unleashed in an attempt to distract us

Kisaragi
03-02-2008, 12:58 AM
The devils do not sleep. I fear we will be seeing them sporadically until their full plan is unleashed in an attempt to distract us

So then they're aligned with Chicago street and sanitation unions then? Right, come back two to three hours when they get off their coffee break.

TheBearNZ
03-02-2008, 01:01 AM
How long will we be distracted for? Would be nice something happened Before Sun Midnight in NZ and AUS please. 8pm now

Big-Dex
03-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Guard duty is boring! I don't think they pay the regular guards enough for this job! This city is going to the pits!

TheBearNZ
03-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Lol there are so many high level mercs in the Marketplace right now, Stormreach has probably never been safer :P

Unless of course they get bored and start brawling

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Lol there are so many high level mercs in the Marketplace right now, Stormreach has probably never been safer :P

Unless of course they get bored and start brawling

if only we could

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 01:08 AM
something to look at while we wait

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd264/arkohighstar/ScreenShot00075.jpg

Nevthial
03-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Muhahaha! That is all....

Big-Dex
03-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Oh well Arko...

I leave the streets of Stormreach (ARGO) in your safe hands! I am off to bed... the demons have clearly lulled me alright... <YAAAAWWWWNNNNNNNN>

Ho hum...

Kisaragi
03-02-2008, 01:16 AM
I say we tie Coyle to the Marketplace tent like a pinata and see if we can get them to try to show up for treats and goodies.

What? Don't give me that look. I'm lawful good...Just didn't say who's laws I was following, and how good I was at it.

apious1
03-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Did ANYONE see a devil...anywhere?

GlassCannon
03-02-2008, 01:34 AM
The Wards on Stormreach have broken! The Sigil above the tent has been compromised. The Houses seem unaffected, and somehow unaware of this tragedy...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/sarin_elf/ScreenShot00429.jpg
Earlier it had fallen silent, now it is controlled by whoever is defacing our Market!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/sarin_elf/ScreenShot00430.jpg

The runes are also growing in number. Whatever is at work here will soon show its intent.

I pray, someone continue my vigil, for I am turning in for the eve, to wake in the morn.

Riggs
03-02-2008, 01:36 AM
I read somewhere abotu a 2pm party. Then someone said that bad things would start happening at 2am.

Other than a few half second portal sightings.....well hoping an invasion maybe starts tomorrow. Running around for 30 min looking for something dangerous lacked a certain tension.

GlassCannon
03-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Any predictions on how massive this invasion is going to be?

/RP off

Probably not as massive as the dream I had when the Titans knocked down the entire Eastern wall, and destroyed House Jorasco. STK and the Catacombs collapsed, each snaring a titan with them(Actually STK swallowed up 3 titans, the third was destroyed by eager dwarves as it attempted to crawl back out). The Twelve threw some seriously wicked stuff at them too. Force Walls that were thrown, literally, in order to knock the Titans over so the tanks could hack them apart, a legion of flying Rangers and Nukers... all in the same instance.

I saw Explosive Force Orbs, Searing Clouds(Like Searing Light, but on impact it became a damaging cloud that hung around for a bit), Electric Powder, some Rangers fired steel tethers into a titan and a set of Sorcerers specialized in Energy laid their hands on the cord and forced a gigantic lightning bolt into it, causing the Titan's Core to overload and detonate... (killing two Rangers with Shrapnel, but taking down 2 more Titans with it)... it was busy.

cyc0tik
03-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Well of course! These measly devils are but fodder... a distraction from their true intentions. Do not let them lull you into a false sense of security. If you are not for the protection of Stormreach, you are against it!

Be vigilant, be prepared, and we will put an end to the meddling of Shavarath!

Well Veheer you and my organization seem to see eye to eye on this matter. The good Sir seems to be missing, the Coin Lords are in disarray, and Silthe a representative of the Host is fleeing. Our numbers seem to be thinning but our group still stands strong, along with many others to defend “our” city. We welcome you to join our ranks and put an end to this devil treachery once and for all!

-Zaniith

MyloInKY
03-02-2008, 02:15 AM
How do I enlist with the devils?

We already had assumed that you had....

Mylo
Khyber

MyloInKY
03-02-2008, 02:22 AM

He is a ghost(e), cant be banished---gotta be disrupted

Natalae
03-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Imagine the laaag. Recall the Turchival or w/e his name was. Spawning all those beholders in the pvp pits, know of several people who lost connection during that battle. Sunday will see DCs of epic proportions, bodies of noobs(mabarians) littering the streets of argo. In the words of Borat...."NICE"

cdbd3rd
03-02-2008, 03:36 AM
/RP off

Probably not as massive as the dream I had when the Titans knocked down the entire Eastern wall, and destroyed House Jorasco. STK and the Catacombs collapsed, each snaring a titan with them(Actually STK swallowed up 3 titans, the third was destroyed by eager dwarves as it attempted to crawl back out). The Twelve threw some seriously wicked stuff at them too. Force Walls that were thrown, literally, in order to knock the Titans over so the tanks could hack them apart, a legion of flying Rangers and Nukers... all in the same instance.

I saw Explosive Force Orbs, Searing Clouds(Like Searing Light, but on impact it became a damaging cloud that hung around for a bit), Electric Powder, some Rangers fired steel tethers into a titan and a set of Sorcerers specialized in Energy laid their hands on the cord and forced a gigantic lightning bolt into it, causing the Titan's Core to overload and detonate... (killing two Rangers with Shrapnel, but taking down 2 more Titans with it)... it was busy.

Whoa... sounds sweet. Now just figure out how to code all that, and I'm subscribin'! LOL!:D

...or at least share the meds?:o

Elsiah
03-02-2008, 04:26 AM
the wife and i over on ghallanda just hung out by a portal on the spire and killed 2 orthons and 2 bearded devils...hoping to see a bit more action later in the day.

Dragion
03-02-2008, 04:33 AM
I think running with the devils is more epic than this event, so far. It might have been better if a few devils spawned then snatched some people to a specific instance. Then fight 30+ devils all at one time. Now that would be an epic challenge. I can crush less than 10 devils easily, no need for vigilence here. I have been lulled to bed by the devils, curse them all.

Litz
03-02-2008, 05:01 AM
I sit on Defense...

Kamboe
03-02-2008, 07:24 AM
... There's never been massive invasions. Not that they'd last all that long even if there were. Plus, given the technology they have, they can't spawn hundreds without crashing the server.....

They can't spawn 100 CR 1 Devils, but they can spawn 1 CR 100 Devil....which w/o the server crashing and to get us some actual competion, they will have to bump up the CR lvls by atleast doublethan in the raid, since we have 4 raids of people attackin the same devil

sirgog
03-02-2008, 07:55 AM
They can't spawn 100 CR 1 Devils, but they can spawn 1 CR 100 Devil....which w/o the server crashing and to get us some actual competion, they will have to bump up the CR lvls by atleast doublethan in the raid, since we have 4 raids of people attackin the same devil

That's one option.

The other is summoning Arrietrikos, the Black Abbot, and the five Simulacrums each of them made.

Pellegro
03-02-2008, 08:17 AM
That's one option.

The other is summoning Arrietrikos, the Black Abbot, and the five Simulacrums each of them made.

mwawhaha ...

Oh, and don't forget teh Mod 7 Raid Boss for a sneak preview, to boot.

Behold, Shao-Lin, the fearsome DRAGON MONK.

Zorlinta
03-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Ohh no, sir lawrence goes into shavarath plane thats why he's missed, and now we begin to have devils refugees in market :(

PD. im believe those grafitty are just signs of protest to help those poor devils refugees.

potsandpans
03-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Now we have abunch of people just hanging around the marketplace waiting for something to happen. If you wanted to have something fun, why not a +2, or at the very least a +1 weekend, that way those of us that started the game recently could have a shot to catch up on the loot that the others have. I know peopel will say that the power gamers will have the best loot then.... don't they already? I just want a chance to get a small pice of what they have. To me it is not about how many wounding puncturing rapiers I can collect, I just want a shot at one, maybe two of those rare weapons so I won't have to give every peice of good loot that I have collected over the last month or so to get one.

Bump the loot table so your NEW players have a shot at some uber loot. The power gamers will get more, but hey good for them, they play more more. I don't compare what I have to what other have, I compare what I have to what I DON'T have, and a loot weekend would help with that comparision.

DaveyCrockett
03-02-2008, 09:55 AM

You can't banish a Ghoste, silly. Wrong weapon! :D

DelScorcho
03-02-2008, 10:04 AM
If the Devils plan to beat us with boredom, they are winning. Pretty easily, too.

caj
03-02-2008, 10:18 AM
I have to agree.. this event so far is terrible. One spawn every 1-3 hours... one bearded devil or if luck 2 beareded and 1 orthon. All die within seconds. No XP, loot or even collectable is given. Extreme boredom is all this is so far.. not dangerous at all.

Sorry

Veheer
03-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I fear this is not about invasion friends... this is about revenge. I thank all who have been tending to these puny devils. While they are no threat to a seasoned adventurer, the ilk of Shavarath are lurking, and it is no longer safe for the meek to stroll carefree in the marketplace. Any casualties should be reported here.

We have seen but a tiny taste of the revenge of Shavarath, small gnats to circle round our vision while they continue to unfold their true plans. They will prey on apathy and jeer at us when we've lowered our guard. I will come to help decrypt these markings, for their infernal script is the key, and they litter our streets with it like a taunt.

Big_Russ
03-02-2008, 10:40 AM
I regret to report the first casualty.

Today, my patience died.

Qzipoun
03-02-2008, 10:45 AM
I fear this is not about invasion friends... this is about revenge. I thank all who have been tending to these puny devils. While they are no threat to a seasoned adventurer, the ilk of Shavarath are lurking, and it is no longer safe for the meek to stroll carefree in the marketplace. Any casualties should be reported here.

We have seen but a tiny taste of the revenge of Shavarath, small gnats to circle round our vision while they continue to unfold their true plans. They will prey on apathy and jeer at us when we've lowered our guard. I will come to help decrypt these markings, for their infernal script is the key, and they litter our streets with it like a taunt.

It is 11:43 am, I've been on since 7 am and have seen a total of 7 (seven) devils. This is what you get for constantly describing something as "VAST AND MYSTERIOUS" you get people's hopes up just to disappoint, again.

I appreciate the effort being put in this and the storylines behind it, but unless people see something soon, they're not going to stick around and waste their time much longer.

Talcyndl
03-02-2008, 10:49 AM
I have to agree.. this event so far is terrible. One spawn every 1-3 hours... one bearded devil or if luck 2 beareded and 1 orthon. All die within seconds. No XP, loot or even collectable is given. Extreme boredom is all this is so far.. not dangerous at all.

Sorry

That's part of the Devil's plan.

Vigilance Sir.

caj
03-02-2008, 10:53 AM
That's part of the Devil's plan.

Vigilance Sir.

Sorry Good Lady,
But I do not care if the Market falls... its a waste of hours of my time to sit and wait for "Danger". The Devils will realize they are better off in the Abyss then in Stormreach... its boring.

Cheers and Salute :)

totmacher
03-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Me and my mates don't stick our necks out on the line for free. We came to Stormreach to get away from that... "Lords" and "Ladies" ordering us around for their own petty aims.

If you want our services, you'll pay us in cold hard cash (or hams).

Talcyndl
03-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Sorry Good Lady,
But I do not care if the Market falls... its a waste of hours of my time to sit and wait for "Danger". The Devils will realize they are better off in the Abyss then in Stormreach... its boring.

Cheers and Salute :)

Says the "man" who has enjoyed Stormreach's protection and profited by his association with it for the past two years.

Ingrate is the only description that seems appropriate.

:D

GlassCannon
03-02-2008, 11:02 AM

Adventurers watch the streets with great vigil. The devils that appear are killed shortly after seeing our plane of existence. They are likely still adjusting to the change, mentally, when they die.

Gnats indeed. We expected a larger force, perhaps scouting parties or the like.

pixiegirl721
03-02-2008, 11:03 AM
I have to admit this waiting sucks. I saw the devils at 1:00am and 2:30 am and then nothing since then. We are all putting real life on hold to see what happens so please give us something to talk about at least!

Dane_McArdy
03-02-2008, 11:03 AM

In fairness, a lot of people are giving their time for this event, because they really want to have some fun, and belive in you.

Our group was the first to find the Open Portal and man it was excited! Then when the devils came out!

And then to wait 8 hours for another taste. I'm sure there will be much going on at some point.

But not even having a general idea of when requires standing around on roof tops, aftriad to quest incase you get to the market way to late for the fun

caj
03-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Says the "man" who has enjoyed Stormreach's protection and profited by his association with it for the past two years.

Ingrate is the only description that seems appropriate.

:D

I prefer scoundral and opportunist ;)

Caelan
03-02-2008, 11:16 AM
sitting around is quite boring. but what's worse is realizing my bard's best spells are still not usable in the marketplace. sigh. definitely need some more frequent spawnings. i kind of expected swarms from the build up.

VladimereTheImpaler
03-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I feel if their was a sort of out of character statement made for the event such as...

To The Citizens of Stormreach:
The main part of this event will take place at such and such time.
The event itself will span for a few days until the inevitable conclusion, please until then be patient, if you see an occasional devil or orothon defend your city with pride.

if this was done it probably would be going alot more smooth. Just a suggestion for the next one.
(is leaving his toon online and watching movies off his comp until the event, check in every 15 mins or so, time goes so much more quick)

sjwalker1973
03-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok. Where's the spawns? I've been standing in the marketplace for over an hour. Wow 5 instances of NOTHING GOING ON. If you are going to have an event like this make sure it happens frequently. Most of us here do not have that kind of time to waste.

You could have at least had a +1 loot week or somethng lilke that to celebrate along with other things going on.

Nataichal
03-02-2008, 11:49 AM
All week long I hear all this **** about 'SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY'. So I log on this morning and check the forums, seeing all these Dev posts about how things are going amok in the marketplace. So, I pick a toon ready for some havoc in game, teleport over to the marketplace.... and see some new squigily lines. No devils, though from the 1 person I'd run into who'd seen something, the fact that it was only a few CR 7's popping up (which I'm pretty sure my guard equipment could kill on its own... if they could hit me).

This is a joke. Way too much hype, way too much dragging it out. If you want an event that will actually MATTER, it needs to be significant, and it needs to be a CHALLENGE to the vast majority of your player base. In other words, lvl 14-16 toons. This game has been live for TWO YEARS, and you throw a 'celebration' that's challenging only to players who have been around for a week.
And don't make an argument about creating suspence, because all you're doing is creating a BIGGER letdown, and making more people angrily grumble about what type of crack you're all smoking when you think this is a good idea.

Don't hold your breath that I'll be getting that 6 month 'special offer'. God I can't wait until Warhammer is released.

Zyerz
03-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Yep, Sir Lawrence looked like a sure target, but, mind me asking, how come only 3 monsters come out like every 3 hours? And the monsters are easy to kill. :(

Let the army of devils attack!!!!
(emote) "Elbandor taunts the devils"

Standpoint
03-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I love this event. I think it is soooo cool that something like this is going on.

What I am disappointed in is all of the negativity from forum goers in this thread. I find it disgusting and pitiful that you are all complaining about this. Turbine is trying something new and different, and all you guys can do is continue your incessant need for bringing those around you down, whining like little children about X and Y. It is people like you that ruin events, and makes this game less than what it could be.

Hopefully, people who actually enjoy this game for what it is can chime in in this thread, instead of the people who enjoy being negative and criticizing the game.

Spock2
03-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Portal up on Sarlona right now! 11:05 AM MST!! Come get some!

Lorien_the_First_One
03-02-2008, 12:16 PM
So this event is a few devils spawned at a time...but you have no idea when and are expected to wait around for hours hoping something will happen?

And when it does, casters and bards are still left with only a fraction of thier powers available to them?

And this is fun why?

Couldn't we get the same thing, but with chests, xp, and no waiting by going to the Vale explorer area?

Great lead up, so maybe whats happened so far is just a teaser and the real event is still to come. But if this is the event... *yawn*

Tahlyn
03-02-2008, 12:18 PM
What an incredible waste of My limited gaming time. *LOL*

One bearded demon vs about 20 lvl 16's and an assortment of lvl 10-15's. He barely had time to dance before vaporizing in a puff from the hundred over buffed swings. I'm sure there is more to come, but at one monster per 10 mins of waiting just not worth it.

Would have been fun and funny to have a group of beholders pop in and wipe buffs first, and then open the area to pvp hits!

(five dead beholders, dozens of dead players from friendly fire)

Annnnyway.. nice try Guys.. just a bit off mark.

(are they not aware of how many power gamers are in DDO?)

sda3
03-02-2008, 12:18 PM
3 more dead on Sarlona at 1:10 eastern, they lasted about 2 seconds with everyone there, and the same with all 6 other instances.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I love this event. I think it is soooo cool that something like this is going on.

Help me understand...what about this do you find "cool" and what is there to love?

What I am disappointed in is all of the negativity from forum goers in this thread. I find it disgusting and pitiful that you are all complaining about this. Turbine is trying something new and different, and all you guys can do is continue your incessant need for bringing those around you down,

I still hope this isn't the event, just a minor teaser and that we will all be wowed by what is to come...

That said, there is nothing wrong with telling a company that their promotion is a flop if you think it is a flop. Just like you should jump up and down and pat them on the back when they do something great.

And on the great end... I LOVE the cakes. Very creative, and some very useful options. It would have been funny though if one of the "give me a pony" answers resulted in something nasty, if only temporary.

Tahlyn
03-02-2008, 12:23 PM

What I am disappointed in is all of the negativity from forum goers in this thread. I find it disgusting and pitiful that you are all complaining about this. Turbine is trying something new and different, and all you guys can do is continue your incessant need for bringing those around you down, whining like little children about X and Y. It is people like you that ruin events, and makes this game less than what it could be.

Hopefully, people who actually enjoy this game for what it is can chime in in this thread, instead of the people who enjoy being negative and criticizing the game.

I am very glad you're having a good time. Don't mistake honest constructive criticism (sp?) for whinning. I hope for all of you who have all day to sit around waiting that this picks up.

caj
03-02-2008, 12:31 PM

<hands her a tissue> You have a little something on your nose... and they are not giving out "free stuff" to you either.

Rragnaar
03-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Their plan is to bore us into a state on carelessness and then they will send 3 to die to raise our hopes and bore us again.

Flood the streets, make devils rain from the sky, make orthons pour from the sewers!

Down with Fleshies!

Ghoste
03-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Pft, a soft little sheltered fool like you? Go back to your tower where you've kept yourself locked away the past two years and let people of real power make threats that I'd be more likely to take seriously.

Aaeko
03-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Sir lawrence is a devil!:D

Who would have guessed?!

Wheelz
03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
I just hope there's something still happening when we get home from work for those of us downunder in NZ, Australia and similar timezones. Frustrating missing out on the 'worldwide live' event when it only caters for US timezones :(
A group of us hung around last night till midnight and saw a total of 3 devils/orthons who lasted maybe 2 seconds. If there is a "big invasion" coming - we won't even have the chance to see it.

Shaamis
03-02-2008, 02:04 PM
PLEASE PICK UP THE PACE ON THE "INVASION"
thank you.

RogueDM
03-02-2008, 02:08 PM
PLEASE PICK UP THE PACE ON THE "INVASION"
thank you.

There's an Invasion????? WHERE??

(giggles.. jk.. seen naught yet)

Tharlak
03-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Market is the safest place in all of Stormreach.

Eldorudo
03-02-2008, 02:51 PM
This is how I would liken the general reaction so far:

You have been anticipating the sequel to one of your favorite movie of all time. When it finally gets released you wait in line to see the first showing with all the others that have been anticipating it. You buy your ticket, get some popcorn and get the best seat in the house. After suffering through the unbearable ads and the mediocre trailers, the lights finally dim. The big feature is about to begin! The credits start to roll and your excitement can barely be contained in the confines of the uncomfortable theater chair. The first scene rolls -- Huh? a musical number? OK, OK its just a joke. Wait, another musical number? What is going on here? This is totally NOT what i expected to see. This had better change quick. Another musical scene. Your rage begins to build. Others around you begin to boo and shout [expletives deleted] at the screen. You cannot control your emotions any longer and stand up and shout [expletives deleted] at the screen with the others. You storm out of the theater and leave. You arrive home after a road rage filled journey home to find a voicemail from a friend, "Dude, I just got back from seeing [insert awesome movie title here] and oh my god, it was [expletive deleted] amazing! It was so great when they threw grenades at all the people singing 10 minutes into the movie! That was classic, anyways you're probably seeing it now. I can't wait to talk with you all about it."

You drop the phone, run out to your car, drive as fast as you can to the theater, buy a ticket, get more popcorn, find a seat and wait patiently for the entire movie to unfold before casting judgment.

And that, folks, is what they call an analogy. :)

I know in DDO its mostly about instant gratification, I get that. This event is a deviation from anything we have ever done before. It might not be your cup of tea so far, but at least let the events unfold before your eyes before you cast your definitive judgment. The whole thing is pretty cinematic (at least that is our intention) and you have only seen the first scene. I will be very eager to hear what you think after its said and done. Gaging your feelings on the entirety of the event will help shape future events.

Just be patient. Grab your popcorn, take your seat and enjoy. Perhaps the next scene will be more to your liking. ;)

P.S. Dancing, singing Orthons would have been awesome. Why didn't I think of that before today?

Vinos
03-02-2008, 02:54 PM

You have been anticipating the sequel to one of your favorite movie of all time. When it finally gets released you wait in line to see the first showing with all the others that have been anticipating it. You buy your ticket, get some popcorn and get the best seat in the house. After suffering through the unbearable ads and the mediocre trailers, the lights finally dim. The big feature is about to begin! The credits start to roll and your excitement can barely be contained in the confines of the uncomfortable theater chair. The first scene rolls -- Huh? a musical number? OK, OK its just a joke. Wait, another musical number? What is going on here? This is totally NOT what i expected to see. This had better change quick. Another musical scene. Your rage begins to build. Others around you begin to boo and shout [expletives deleted] at the screen. You cannot control your emotions any longer and stand up and shout [expletives deleted] at the screen with the others. You storm out of the theater and leave. You arrive home after a road rage filled journey home to find a voicemail from a friend, "Dude, I just got back from seeing [insert awesome movie title here] and oh my god, it was [expletive deleted] amazing! It was so great when they threw grenades at all the people singing 10 minutes into the movie! That was classic, anyways you're probably seeing it now. I can't wait to talk with you all about it."

You drop the phone, run out to your car, drive as fast as you can to the theater, buy a ticket, get more popcorn, find a seat and wait patiently for the entire movie to unfold before casting judgment.

I know in DDO its mostly about instant gratification, I get that. This event is a deviation from anything we have ever done before. It might not be your cup of tea so far, but at least let the events unfold before your eyes before you cast your definitive judgment. The whole thing is pretty cinematic (at least that is our intention) and you have only seen the first scene. I will be very eager to hear what you think after its said and done. Gaging your feelings on the entirety of the event will help shape future events.

Just be patient. Grab your popcorn, take your seat and enjoy. Perhaps the next scene will be more to your liking. ;)

P.S. Dancing, singing Orthons would have been awesome. Why didn't I think of that before today?

10 minutes is ALOT different than 6+ hours. That and come to find out it's not even going down until NEXT saturday? Not every one can "grab their popcorn" for a whole day. A better analogy would be you're at the theater and your movie was supposed to start at noon but it's 2 pm and it still hasn't started. Would you wait around all day looking like a fool?

Ghoste
03-02-2008, 02:59 PM
but at least let the events unfold before your eyes before you cast your definitive judgment.
I have yet to pass a personal judgement on the event, but for those running it and their complete and total lack of respect for people's time, I have pretty strong feelings towards them.

Theboz
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM

I have yet seen anything, and finally gave up trying to see anything,. i give this movie along with the director, a big fat F

moorewr
03-02-2008, 03:07 PM
El, I hear you but something is not connecting right with this event.

I have dropped in several times and roamed the marketplace instances on Thelanis asking people if they have seen anything at all. No dice.. and word has gotten around not to expect anything until 9:45 tonight.. so we have people idling away seeing nothing and people who have wandered away.

I like the idea of a build-up.. that's fun, but there's not enough going to make the build-up build up.

So, yeah, I am hopeful the finale will be fun, but the rest just isn't working.

Cutedge
03-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I think the problem that people have is that it took 16 hours before being told "oh and nothing important will happen until 9:45pm EST". I sat around for 4 hours. Others for more. I don't have a problem with nothing happening until the next point but a lot of people sat around doing nothing and because of that they are upset.

Harncw
03-02-2008, 03:10 PM

You have been anticipating the sequel to one of your favorite

...snip...

Gaging your feelings on the entirety of the event will help shape future events.

My advice: Leave the community relations to the community relations people.

macros123
03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I think you people are being ridiculous.

Why not allow all the people from all time zones to experience the PLOT of the story. All of you want to see the entire event unfold over half an hour...the half hour that YOU happen to be there. Anything else is unacceptable to people who demand instant gratification.

You are obviously of the same breed of people who zerg through every adventure without allowing those who wantto experience the Whole adventure time to read the dialogue or even explore the whole dungeon because it is "not worth it to go that way"

Some of us actually pay our monthly fee to enjoy all aspects of the game, not just a mindless consumption of XP and loot!

You thing this event is ****......we all get it. Being the 302nd person to say so on the forums is far more tedious to me than the waiting.

If you are not having fun then don't stay there.....go zerg through Stormcleave or the Orchard for the loot and XP. The Devs are trying to make these events as something different from the everyday, to get our attention, and to give those of us another story to take us away from the real world (which is exactly why so many of us subscribe in the first place)

All you have done is make sure that those of us who had the ability to enjoy these efforts no longer can.

If you can't be happy then no one is permitted, it seems.

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 03:14 PM

Why not allow all the people from all time zones to experience the PLOT of the story. All of you want to see the entire event unfold over half an hour...the half hour that YOU happen to be there. Anything else is unacceptable to people who demand instant gratification.

You are obviously of the same breed of people who zerg through every adventure without allowing those who wantto experience the Whole adventure time to read the dialogue or even explore the whole dungeon because it is "not worth it to go that way"

Some of us actually pay our monthly fee to enjoy all aspects of the game, not just a mindless consumption of XP and loot!

You thing this event is ****......we all get it. Being the 302nd person to say so on the forums is far more tedious to me than the waiting.

If you are not having fun then don't stay there.....go zerg through Stormcleave or the Orchard for the loot and XP. The Devs are trying to make these events as something different from the everyday, to get our attention, and to give those of us another story to take us away from the real world (which is exactly why so many of us subscribe in the first place)

All you have done is make sure that those of us who had the ability to enjoy these efforts no longer can.

If you can't be happy then no one is permitted, it seems.

they had our attention, and told us there would be things going on all day culminating in a big event in the "evening". Well it turns out that the things going on all day were 2 or 3 devils per hour popping out of a portal, and the evening means 9:45pm est, basically cutting out half the player base.

Qzipoun
03-02-2008, 03:17 PM

Why not allow all the people from all time zones to experience the PLOT of the story. All of you want to see the entire event unfold over half an hour...the half hour that YOU happen to be there.

You sir are the one being "ridiculous" not the rest of us. I have been online since 7 am. It is now 4:14 pm. I have seen 3 portals and 7 devils. Enough said.

I talked to a guy who had been on since 1 am and he hadn't seen ANY "invasion" by the time I had seen the 7 simply because he was in a different instance. This is not about MY half hour or someone else's half hour, this is about the 7 PACKED instances of the marketplace where everyone is asking "so what exactly is going on? has anyone even seen anything?" all of the ones who HAVE seen something or know what's going on are of course busy questing and not wasting their time with it.

Shaamis
03-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I think the problem that people have is that it took 16 hours before being told "oh and nothing important will happen until 9:45pm EST". I sat around for 4 hours. Others for more. I don't have a problem with nothing happening until the next point but a lot of people sat around doing nothing and because of that they are upset.

at 945 am EST, anticipation, expectations and excitement was high.....start patrolling the marketplace and all four instances, looking for the assault.....

at 1000am EST see first portal, we (10+ 15-16 level characters) all pile in front of the ONE portal, anticipating a wave, and one bearded devil comes out.
1000:02am EST devil is dead, waiting for the rest of the wave to come pouring out......

at 12:00 noon, decided to do inventory on all characters, so I am close to the market when the real assault goes down.......

200pm EST, decided to do a tapestry run, and communicate with guildies to see if anything (ANYTHING) is happening in the market. Heard that Velah showed up, but didnt see her, and some orthons showed up, as much as THREE! I kept getting tapestries......

400pm EST, standing in the marketplace....waiting for the assault.......any assault. I'd take a Tsunami of Kobolds at this point.

Harncw
03-02-2008, 03:23 PM
this is about the 7 PACKED instances of the marketplace where everyone is asking "so what exactly is going on? has anyone even seen anything?" all of the ones who HAVE seen something or know what's going on are of course busy questing and not wasting their time with it.

/sarcasim on

What do you mean? they are getting the full enjoyment out of the game... I mean instead of "zerging"... they are taking the time to enjoy the ambience!

Gum
03-02-2008, 03:25 PM

Very fine detailed explanation, and education. I really think that if some of us would change our gears to more of a cinematic view of this event, we will be more understanding of what is going on. I think "they" really wanna capture that feeling of "us" seeing things unfold in front of our eyes, and to me that's really cool. You can read about an update, or a story-line, but to see it unfolding and be a part of it is awesome. Just remember it's gonna be going on, keep track of it, enjoy it, and look forward to the grand-finale. I gotta say the whole experience has been great for myself. It has felt real, if you know what I mean. Like I'm there. From the atmosphere, to the flashes of light and beyond.

I can understand the frustration of waiting for something and getting nothing, but this new post should clear that up for us. IMO.

Oreg
03-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Your sarcasm aside, I can fully appreciate that you are trying o build an event here but many many many of us have real lives to attend to and need some basic timelines. I can appreciate that from a roleplaying perspective that you don't want to say the invasion begins at 1pm est or whatever but please try and understand where we are coming from. After playing this game for two years I would love to be a part of the two year anniversary event. I can't just sit around all day waiting.

I am glad that you are proud of the event you put together to pleaser your playerbase, I just hope by chance that I can log in while it is going on.

macros123
03-02-2008, 03:31 PM
You sir are the one being "ridiculous" not the rest of us. I have been online since 7 am. It is now 4:14 pm. I have seen 3 portals and 7 devils. Enough said.

I talked to a guy who had been on since 1 am and he hadn't seen ANY "invasion" by the time I had seen the 7 simply because he was in a different instance. This is not about MY half hour or someone else's half hour, this is about the 7 PACKED instances of the marketplace where everyone is asking "so what exactly is going on? has anyone even seen anything?" all of the ones who HAVE seen something or know what's going on are of course busy questing and not wasting their time with it.

Since when is plot development a waste of time?

The first we all heard about it was that there was grafitti, but no one knew who did it or why. This was likely supposed to be a mystery to arouse your curiosity.

The next we heard there were portals and some invading devils. Cool right? on of the people I was grouped with actually screamed when the first one we encountered appeared! He was so into it, as were we all at first. Just because they aren't swarming the entire marketplace (yet) doesn't invalidate that there is an underlying plot here.

I take the strange invasion style as another mystery to unfold, not an affront to my sense of entertainment.

Ultimately whether you are enjoying this event is irrelevant (to me). The fact that you all feel the need to reiterate it over and over to ruin it for everyone else is the part which I find distasteful.

Vinos
03-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Since when is plot development a waste of time?

The first we all heard about it was that there was grafitti, but no one knew who did it or why. This was likely supposed to be a mystery to arouse your curiosity.

The next we heard there were portals and some invading devils. Cool right? on of the people I was grouped with actually screamed when the first one we encountered appeared! He was so into it, as were we all at first. Just because they aren't swarming the entire marketplace (yet) doesn't invalidate that there is an underlying plot here.

I take the strange invasion style as another mystery to unfold, not an affront to my sense of entertainment.

Ultimately whether you are enjoying this event is irrelevant (to me). The fact that you all feel the need to reiterate it over and over to ruin it for everyone else is the part which I find distasteful.

Well no wonder you are enjoying it. You actually got to see something.

Shaamis
03-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Constructive criticism:

Larger mobs should have been released.

It's just a game, why not witness what happens when 10 Bearded devils comes out at the same time.

If that seemed to be too much/too little, adjust accordingly.

Multiple portals open briefly (when the 12's magic fades just for a second, allowing the gates to port in) so a quiet moment one second, and everything goes nuts the second.

If the mobs would have been released in the same fashion as T'churvul's, it would have been more fun, because that was persistent enough to allow people to get tehre and see what was going on, and fight. Releasing small mobs now is just a painfully slow and torturous event.

The delivery, and anticipation were done well, but giving us such a broad window to "watch and wait" really made all of the anticipation come back in a big backlash.

I hope the event does turn out well, DDO needs all of the good points it can get nowadays.

Eldorudo
03-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Your sarcasm aside, I can fully appreciate that you are trying o build an event here but many many many of us have real lives to attend to and need some basic timelines. I can appreciate that from a roleplaying perspective that you don't want to say the invasion begins at 1pm est or whatever but please try and understand where we are coming from. After playing this game for two years I would love to be a part of the two year anniversary event. I can't just sit around all day waiting.

I am glad that you are proud of the event you put together to pleaser your playerbase, I just hope by chance that I can log in while it is going on.

The important events will be occurring around the same time every day. Tonight around 9:45 pm EST, the next scene will unfold before your eyes.

Vinos
03-02-2008, 03:42 PM
The important events will be occurring around the same time every day. Tonight around 9:45 pm EST, the next scene will unfold before your eyes.

whew sure glad it's early. Not like I have to go to work tomorrow.

VonBek

Dane_McArdy
10 minutes is ALOT different than 6+ hours. That and come to find out it's not even going down until NEXT saturday? Not every one can "grab their popcorn" for a whole day. A better analogy would be you're at the theater and your movie was supposed to start at noon but it's 2 pm and it still hasn't started. Would you wait around all day looking like a fool?

But in fairness, this isn't a movie with set times and a long run.

They need to allow everyone a full oppurtunity to experience what everyone else gets.

So, the first ten minutes might have to play many times, to give everyone that bought a ticket a chance to see those ten minutes, rather then hear about them from a friend on the phone.

Which is often the FIRST complaint posted anytime they try and do a live event. You scheduled something when I can't do it. Can't you possibly do this at least several times so everyone gets a chance? Well, there's really only one way to do that, run parts of the event over so everyone gets a chance.

If this is to go on for 8 days, then we have to wait and see how the events BUILD. Sure, it's one portal now, with a few devils. What if tomorrow it's several with more, and come the 7th and 8th day, full on invasion. What if more clues come about.

After all, don't you find it odd that so many of these marks are around the market tent? It's like it's marked or something.

Maybe these devils are testing our strength? Seeing what type of resistance we will put up?

Anyway, with it being an 8 day event, we all, me included will have to wait and see how it unfolds.

Sokar6000
03-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I like what's going on, but here's a thought.

On Thelanis, at approx. 1:05 PM EST, a single portal appeared in 1-The Marketplace, over the writing near the auctioner. Reports from guildies confirm this was the same in all instances.

Two minutes later, in 1-The Marketplace, there were approx. 40 high level characters, representing every race, class, build, and major guild on the server. It was no trouble for us to deal with four devils.

Instead of having just one portal open, it would have been nice to see one open over each section of grafitti, so that maybe only 4-5 characters are there for it instead of 40.

Vinos
03-02-2008, 03:46 PM

They need to allow everyone a full oppurtunity to experience what everyone else gets.

So, the first ten minutes might have to play many times, to give everyone that bought a ticket a chance to see those ten minutes, rather then hear about them from a friend on the phone.

Which is often the FIRST complaint posted anytime they try and do a live event. You scheduled something when I can't do it. Can't you possibly do this at least several times so everyone gets a chance? Well, there's really only one way to do that, run parts of the event over so everyone gets a chance.

If this is to go on for 8 days, then we have to wait and see how the events BUILD. Sure, it's one portal now, with a few devils. What if tomorrow it's several with more, and come the 7th and 8th day, full on invasion. What if more clues come about.

After all, don't you find it odd that so many of these marks are around the market tent? It's like it's marked or something.

Maybe these devils are testing our strength? Seeing what type of resistance we will put up?

Anyway, with it being an 8 day event, we all, me included will have to wait and see how it unfolds.

In all fairness TODAY was hyped up alot and alot of people set aside time to experience it. I don't want to see 3 devils every 2 hours get jumped by 200 heroes. A build up is fine but not all of us are RPers and we need a timeline. We're getting the timeline now but alot of damage has already been done.

macros123
03-02-2008, 03:48 PM

That is exactly what I was getting at myself, but Dane has put it better than I think I could have. Have you also taken the time to realize that all of the new vagrant NPC's are some of the actual vendors from the tent itself? What is the significance of that. Let's allow all of the people to see the first scene.

Vinos
03-02-2008, 03:49 PM
That is exactly what I was getting at myself, but Dane has put it better than I think I could have. Have you also taken the time to realize that all of the new vagrant NPC's are some of the actual vendors from the tent itself? What is the significance of that. Let's allow all of the people to see the first scene.

meanwhile those of us with lives have to get back to work/school/family so make sure and post some screenies and write a good review.

Hendrik
03-02-2008, 03:55 PM

Well put Dane and thank you El for your posts as well.

To bad the ADD crowd want it all now or it is a flop.

Sucks that people have RL things to do and Turbine compensates that by re-running the things all day long for everyone to see and take part in. Jeez, what were they thinking?!??

:rolleyes:

Turbine can't win for anything with this player-base.

Wheelz
03-02-2008, 04:03 PM
So 9.45pm EST for the BIG event every day - meaning the off-peak players get nothing till the weekend as its during their work-day. Can't you move the time around each day a little so someothers get to see something?

ArkoHighStar
03-02-2008, 04:07 PM

Sucks that people have RL things to do and Turbine compensates that by re-running the things all day long for everyone to see and take part in. Jeez, what were they thinking?!??

No had they said nothing would really happen til around 9-10pmtonight, yesterday people wouldn't be in here complaining and people wouldn't be standing around waiting for something to happen. Turbine failed at the most important aspect of a live event "Communication". This is everyones anniversary not just the RPer's. We were told by Tolero that events would be going on all day today culminating in the big party(andthe requisite invasion ruining it all). Well now it turns out that the events are simply random spawns and the big party is when many players aren't playing.

Remember this, starting Wednesday we will be swamped with players returning on their free reactivated accounts, that says to me that Turbine is not doing this reward its faithful players but as a stunt to lure back players.

RogueDM
03-02-2008, 04:20 PM
::Sereyne (Thalanis) nurses the gaping wound that nearly split open her back.. eyes glazing a bit in pain. Turning a thankful smile to Ryndal as he lays his hands to help seal the wound::

((but I survived))

((I understand the build up.. was a bit disappointed that I didnt see anything in over 6 hours of gameplay, but then again. I was running instances and helping friends.. and then I go get dinner.. keeping my wizard logged in so I could hear my friends..round five pm est, noticed an odd blood red and purple glowing portal to the south of the marketplace bank.. kept a wary eye on it and sure enough.. two nasty green beasties and an ugly corpulant one sprang out.. Cheers to the heros gathered.. they were banished back to wence they came.))

Cutedge
03-02-2008, 04:24 PM

I think if it was a bunch of the minor spawn today every hour or half-hour or so, people wouldn't be upset. As it stands, I missed last night's event by 15 minutes or half an hour. I sat online for another hour and a half waiting for something, then I went to bed. This morning, I woke up and went straight to my computer and loaded up to see what had changed, and sat around for another 2+ hours. Nothing happened. Now, I want to see something tonight but i have plans unfortunately so I'll have to wait to see tomorrow's event. In the mean time, we actually had a near full group today online (doesn't always happen) and instead of doing anything, we sat around. That's all people are upset about (other than others who are mad that the time is bad for them). It's not that we want the whole thing now, it's that we were basically told that everything was going down tonight and that isn't happening. I think it's cool, and i understand why they didn't give details before from an RP perspective, but some times you have to abandon that and give us times to be on because we can't just sit around 24 hours a day.

So kudos for telling us the times now but you have to realize that people who sat around today doing nothing are going to be a little grumpy.

CaseStringer
03-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Wheelz, I think you misunderstand... Whatever it is that happens @ 9:45pm EST, will be 're-run' in cycles until the next part unfolds. Same with every new thing that happens, so that people from different timezones can experience each part. That's what I get from what we've been told... Anyhow, I hope it winds up being a success. A week is a fairly long time. :cool:

Chance
03-02-2008, 04:26 PM
I applaud the attempts at creating a storyline that unfolds gently instead of instantly. For those of us that are old school roleplayers from PnP, it is what we are used to hearing as 'Flavor Text'.

The courrier that appears in the bar to say we are under seige and you help fight off the devils. Only then are you breought into the confidence and told this is the 8th attack likie this in as many days. Can you seek out the source of this phenomena?

We are in the quest hook phase I feel at this point. I really do like the thought of this and a return to classic game style.

That being said......
Today was built up pretty big. Granted some of this was community driven role-playing, but there was a good buildup from behind the screen so to speak. If this is precursory to the main events, I'd like to offer some insights which may be more enriching to the community.

A typical party in a town would be pretty powerful and the main protagonists to face the threat. Stormreach though is currently filled with a 1000 persons of godly might. When 100 of them can mobilize at once to fight 3 devils,,,,well they aren't even gnats.

Communications and further mystique have been occuring, but only in the forums. Where are the naysayers? Why do the beggars not react? Howabout a named citizen that appears to read the inscrpitions on the wall and offer cryptic statements or a legendary adventurer in town fighting to the forefront? Let us hear a voice over of +Sir Lawrence screaming from a portal! A town crier running the streets and calling for security in the marketplace.

Things have been going nuts for 18 hours, lets see the populace react to these 'gnats' that could snuff them out with a look.

Have things happen larger and more often. Open 3 portals at a time so we have to divide forces. Have them multiply if one survives more than minute! People will not abandon the marketplace for lack of demons enough for them to take over, nor will they remain interested though if they only spawn every 2 hours.

I really like what is being attempted, I want it go well, I really do. I think the best is yet to come, but we may need more scaling for that which is currently happening.

Wizzly_Bear
03-02-2008, 04:29 PM

what exactly are they rerunning? 2-3 devil fights? and we were told that stormreach would never be the same starting today. not seein it.

Brianius
03-02-2008, 04:30 PM
next time spawn a npc to goad us on. the 12 dude seems aproprate. when its done have him thank us cast a ham shower then hide till the next one.

Eldorudo
03-02-2008, 04:38 PM
next time spawn a npc to goad us on. the 12 dude seems aproprate. when its done have him thank us cast a ham shower then hide till the next one.

Veheer will make his presence known soon enough.

Wheelz
03-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks CaseStringer, but the 'official' post above says...
"The important events will be occurring around the same time every day. Tonight around 9:45 pm EST, the next scene will unfold before your eyes."
so I read that as every night at 9.45pm EST for the main events - I so hope thats not the case and you're correct and we ALL get to see something :)

Dane_McArdy
03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
meanwhile those of us with lives have to get back to work/school/family so make sure and post some screenies and write a good review.

Check it out, we already did. (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=138319)

Talon_Moonshadow
03-02-2008, 05:45 PM
I am really upset.
I spent six hours this morning standing around the Market.
I saw one portal spawn. I think two devils came out. I saw one, had another in my target window, but never figured out where he was.
At anyrate, there was a huge lag spike as tons of high lvl toons opened fire.....and about five seconds later it was over......I never even got to cast a single spell........

I fought with my wife to stay home for this!
I had my daughter log on, eagerly waiting to see something.
She didn't even see the devils that did spawn!

This was advertised as a big event today.....with words that led us to believe it would be an all day event!

If you spawned 1 devil every five seconds, it would be a great event!
You could just write some code I think and have the market on auto spawn and keep people interested for a long long time....

Standing around doing nothing is not fun!

Waiting in line for three days when you were told the premier would be at a specific time might be ok, if you chose to do that!
I chose to show up at movie start time!
And no movie!.........with no word why!.......for six hours!......and then I was told come back in 12 hours!......and you'll get to see something....but not the really good something.........the really good somethig you thought you were going to see will not be seen until next week.

Bad guys....real bad.

I love this game and I really apreciate the time you Devs devote to making it entertaining to us.
But I'm upset now.....
And even if you turn this around and make it really big, I will still be upset about the time I wasted.

If you wanted a slow spawn, it should have started last week!
Today should have been lots of fast spawns......add in a real attack tonight if you want....
But at the very least increase the spawn rate 1,000,000%!
Like I said, 1 spawn ever five seconds would be more appropriate......if you think yo uneed to set a limit to the number that is present at a time due to hardware restraints, I'm sure you could do that too.
But you should have ketp un entertained all day!......every minute of all day IMO.

Vinos
03-02-2008, 06:05 PM
I am really upset.
I spent six hours this morning standing around the Market.
I saw one portal spawn. I think two devils came out. I saw one, had another in my target window, but never figured out where he was.
At anyrate, there was a huge lag spike as tons of high lvl toons opened fire.....and about five seconds later it was over......I never even got to cast a single spell........

I fought with my wife to stay home for this!
I had my daughter log on, eagerly waiting to see something.
She didn't even see the devils that did spawn!

This was advertised as a big event today.....with words that led us to believe it would be an all day event!

If you spawned 1 devil every five seconds, it would be a great event!
You could just write some code I think and have the market on auto spawn and keep people interested for a long long time....

Standing around doing nothing is not fun!

Waiting in line for three days when you were told the premier would be at a specific time might be ok, if you chose to do that!
I chose to show up at movie start time!
And no movie!.........with no word why!.......for six hours!......and then I was told come back in 12 hours!......and you'll get to see something....but not the really good something.........the really good somethig you thought you were going to see will not be seen until next week.

Bad guys....real bad.

I love this game and I really apreciate the time you Devs devote to making it entertaining to us.
But I'm upset now.....
And even if you turn this around and make it really big, I will still be upset about the time I wasted.

If you wanted a slow spawn, it should have started last week!
Today should have been lots of fast spawns......add in a real attack tonight if you want....
But at the very least increase the spawn rate 1,000,000%!
Like I said, 1 spawn ever five seconds would be more appropriate......if you think yo uneed to set a limit to the number that is present at a time due to hardware restraints, I'm sure you could do that too.
But you should have ketp un entertained all day!......every minute of all day IMO.

you mean you don't appreciate the "build-up"?

moorewr
03-02-2008, 06:07 PM
you mean you don't appreciate the "build-up"?

I got yer "build-up" right here, pal! :eek:

Oreg
03-02-2008, 06:32 PM

Thank you for that information. My wife is still ticked off at you though because I put her on ice all day. The next time I use the old "but honey it's the two year anniversary spectacular..." don't expect to see me there :(

Vesuvia
03-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Reroll!

Ridag
03-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Thank you for that information. My wife is still ticked off at you though because I put her on ice all day. The next time I use the old "but honey it's the two year anniversary spectacular..." don't expect to see me there :(

Just don't forget your wedding anniversary! That could get really ugly...

redoubt
03-02-2008, 06:59 PM

10 minutes in a 120 minute movie is what? 8%?

This event is 7 days long. Lets see... 7 X 24 = 168. Now 8% of that is... 13.44 hours....

You also have to figure that all the really good s*** happens in the last couple of minutes of the movie. So I guess the good stuff will be here Saturday. So enjoy you lucky Bas***** cuz I'm not going to get the chance to even see it.

So take a look and tell us unlucky ones about it on the forums.

Solmage
03-02-2008, 09:10 PM

For what it's worth, someone in our guild figured the regularity with which they appeared, theorizing that since they're lawful, they'll be very orderly. So none of us waited 6+ hours. More like 6 minutes.

Still, awesome awesome event, great buildup, and good way to create atmosphere. My only comments are these:

- "People" are not exactly brilliant. Individuals are, but masses? Nuh uh. Give them more clues as to what may be happening.

- When something does happen, make it a bit harder to defeat. So yeah we can kill demons PDQ (I got one! I got one! YAY! but still the fact that was difficult was related to how few there were vs how many attacked them at the same time). For example, a portal pops, and demons start to pop. first 2, then 3, then 4, then 8 ... until someone figures the portal needs to be destroyed. If you die, you're teleported, a la reaver, into a prison until the portal is down. (Or better yet, if you can adapt the tech, give them 1 minute to be resurrected before said teleportation)

- Have NPCs pop in randomly when there are masses gathered and address the masses. Roleplay with them a bit. Hey don't be afraid to throw in some 'roleplay xp' here and there to people waiting and helping to defend at the portals, or just simply getting into the spirit of things.

- Make sure you have enough staff to appear in most/all instances. Instead of all servers at once, do one at a time.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :)

Gothic
03-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Sorry, I don't post very often but I have to speak up on this event.

I really don't know what kind of reaction Turbine could have expected from this. I ask myself, if I had to create something that was completely counter to what people wanted, I would say, lets make the worse Mario-style jumping and combine that with absolutely nothing at the end.

I've been playing this game since Start-up and generally just lurk here on the forums. I am usually the one in a group to stand up for what turbine is doing but this whole MOD 6.1 has been the absolutely most dissapointing thing I have seen in this game to date. There has been nothing but buildup for weeks and this is what we get.

I think I understand what Vast and Mysterious means now.

Chance
03-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Gotta agree with Solmage on his points. In-game communication (and not mail) needs to be happening and more frequency of portals. Maybe have 2-4 open at once so everyone is spread out to cover the threat, maybe have some of the citizen (or new ones) appear and be attacked, rewarding the people who defend them (small exp)

Lorichie
03-02-2008, 09:40 PM
in the middle reading this about twelve or so spawned on new spire on khyber. not sure if anyone else is getting same. and i think this is at least fourth spawn since 945, again im guessing, but im not far off.

RogueDM
03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
((Giggles. .I love the storyline.. I love beating on the devils when I can find them.. Jumping can be fun.. well.. the first couple times.. But after the seventh time of jumping (I am a 40 year old gal, with 30+ years of pnp role playing exp.. ) and falling.. I got such a headache.. lag was a factor.. as well as some 'helpful' buffs by other folks.. My husband got up there.. and found out what ever the point was.. it wasn't important.. the npc just told him to come back the next eve? We fight the devils.. helping to keep Stormreach safe.. we. well.. some of us can brave the 'teenage hand eye quardination of jumping mario style to the npc's platform. and there is no obvious reason to get up there.. I love D&D as a whole, ddo drew me back after it made a few changes.. but I really was hoping for some more .. personal touches from this event.. I may be the only one.. but I roleplay, and love to keep that flavor alive.. I am just hoping the corporate entity hasnt fully destroyed the rp quality, storyline.. for a fast buck.. love D&D, but not sure what is going on these days.. ))

Solmage
03-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Well, at least this time we got more demons! :)

I think I'm up to 5 on my personal market place kill count. (Yay! :D) Heh.

But seriously guys, when I meant an NPC I meant a live NPC. Chat with people. Cast stone skin, grease, and push them from tall ledges. I mean, interact with them :)

But yeah, give us goals like 'defend the bank!' or protect 'these coyle-like stup..endous people running around' or some such. If we succeed we get exp, if not, well we get a big fat nothing.

Still, I'll reiterate, I'm thrilled with the story line, and the fact the market is now an adventure area were people not in a party can 'quest' it's awesome. Just need a bit more, but I'm sure it'll develop, this is after all just act 1.

CaseStringer
03-03-2008, 01:29 AM
This is the way i see it...I was on Thelanis @ 10pm EST and my 2nd in command said...' You gotta see this... Runes are popping up everywhere!' We banded together, formed Raid party, looked for a few hostiles & agreed that not much more would happen last night. Tonight @ the said time...New things appeared...Granted the new Tower said come back tomorrow...but the new Portal spawns dropped Wayfinder Scepters & Large Gem and Collectible bags... Way i see it, No matter what server/timezone you play in; These new developments will recur until prime-time tomorrow when next act unfolds. Grats Turbine! Although the going might be slow, It gives everyone a chance to log on when they are able to & catch up with whats going on. Tonights event and the spawns continue when you show up and see what is new. They do not expect us to gather up and hang out in Market all night. Log in, Check out what is going on, and do what you do everynight you are able...Quests, Loot runs, Favor...Spending 5hours hanging out in Market isn't what DDO is all about. Tonight the spawns seemed to have picked up a bit too...By Saturday Night, the Market might as well be the Shroud!...Ummm, Maybe not! I think it's pretty cool though. The pace is slow, so EVERYONE can get in on it.;) This is my first MMO and i'm still having fun...GO TURBINE!

Heladron
03-03-2008, 08:20 AM

Agreed.

I think a room full of five year olds whine far less than this with simply a ball and a box to keep them entertained.

Warning, a HUGE Black Hole has opened on the DDO Forums. All the whining in the known universe is spewing forth from it. The sound is deafening. The negativity is so vast that my soul is being leached from my body leaving a void that has been filled with shame.

Times sure are rough when the worst thing happening is live events aren't Lively Enough.

iamsamoth0
03-03-2008, 09:06 AM
I realize it's day 1, so my expectations are not to extreme. The servers supported 19 instances of the Market last night. Which I think is miraclulous(sp?). Good Job. I didn't figure out there were loot drops as well. As I pretty much have no hope against those creatures. So I deserve no spoils, ;).

One of my concerns is the amount of fore thought with the cake slices. I have one that has become damaged(way damaged, at less than half), no one can repair it. Same for the Candy Canes, will this be addressed? Or is it tough luck? I only have two candy canes left on my lowbie server, and I am struggling for cash. I threw(destroyed) one out for lack of space, and knowledge that the game does not allow for repairs to these 'novelty' items. I hope this can be addressed. Or at least the cake should maybe be indestructible. Will it operate at 0 durability, how can I use the wishes for my party if I can't afford to carry it around?
Hello?

Please can we get some clarification on this, for I am not the only one with these concerns, I have seen several threads prior to this with no word from the dev's.
Any information on this would be GREATLY appreciated.
Hate to think my cake slice will HAVE to be solely used for att. point, or hams.
Which saved my life like 5-6 times last night, when I should have been paying attention to some auctions. During Stealthy Repo, ha, I was knocked incap like 6 times, only to have the DH effect stand me back up!!!! Incredible!!!!:))))))))))){Even the kobolds were like YARK!, got 3 chests in that run :p.}
[Free buffs in the market helped also, I was actually subdued about being in the Market, I was hoping and hoping that I could get up there, 15-20 min. 8? tries, 1 death later, and no demon spawn to splatter the rest of me around the place:D!!
I have stated previously I love DH.(The old sound for remove fear was better.)

One of my best moments playing this game! I now have a much greater appreciate for the power of ham.

Does anyone know what weapons are available to those who turn in gold coins, they were very vague about this as well. Did anyone ever get one of the rare weapons or what ever you could get for golds? What are the possibilites? I have scrounged up 23 of them, and I am itching to turn them in on both servers.
Is there any use for the twigs or coal other than novelty? I need to throw them out if not, inv. space way to valuable to use on crud. What do they do what are they for?! Anyone?

Heladron
03-03-2008, 09:17 AM

I came on to see if there is something on the forums to describe what I might have missed. Instead I find that the regular complaining is going on but with one huge difference; it's being amplified 1000X.

Sure, there are some people hamming it up on the forums and role playing, but it's all being drowned out by the, "I'm wasting my time waiting for something to happen when I thought it was going to happen." It's not wasting time just playing the game in general? The whole game is a time waster, that's what games are. They are something you do instead of stare at the walls when you have some free time.

I'm just puzzled at how this world is turning out. Now we need time lines so we can schedule days around a video game? Are we losing our minds? When did any of us get so important that everyone needs to "keep us in the loop" so we can be there every minute? We should all throw in the towel now if that's the case. Nobody has an absolute right to know anything. It's a game; you either have time or you don't.

Guess what I was doing yesterday? I wasn't waiting for Devils to pop out of portals. I had real life stuff going on and I couldn't make it; poor me. Why did you bad developers schedule an event to start when I had to take my wife out for her birthday? You should be ashamed. I want some Gant Charts so I can get a break down of who is doing what and when. Don't you understand that I'm a busy guy and I need to be informed. Forget about surprises. I want to know when the hot Drow Sorceress is popping out of the big birthday cake, by Lordsmarch Bank, wearing nothing but pasties and a fig leaf.

I don't know what you all read about the event, but what I read about the event was that it was a week long. That's a lot of hours between Sunday and Saturday. Were you expecting them to blow their wad all at once? Typically, in almost everything people do, from special hugs, movies to video games, there is a long build up and then POW!!!!!!!!!! MONEY SHOT!!!!! In your face BABY. What the heck were you thinking? Fast forward to the end and then go on?

I suppose when some of you give up the ghost, hopefully at an old age, your epitaph will read, "Loved Time lines and Complaining on the DDO Forums" or "Fast forwarded adult movies to the money shot instead of enjoying the show.

Oreg
03-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I came on to see if there is something on the forums to describe what I might have missed. Instead I find that the regular complaining is going on but with one huge difference; it's being amplified 1000X.

Sure, there are some people hamming it up on the forums and role playing, but it's all being drowned out by the, "I'm wasting my time waiting for something to happen when I thought it was going to happen." It's not wasting time just playing the game in general? The whole game is a time waster, that's what games are. They are something you do instead of stare at the walls when you have some free time.

I'm just puzzled at how this world is turning out. Now we need time lines so we can schedule days around a video game? Are we losing our minds? When did any of us get so important that everyone needs to "keep us in the loop" so we can be there every minute? We should all throw in the towel now if that's the case. Nobody has an absolute right to know anything. It's a game; you either have time or you don't.

Guess what I was doing yesterday? I wasn't waiting for Devils to pop out of portals. I had real life stuff going on and I couldn't make it; poor me. Why did you bad developers schedule an event to start when I had to take my wife out for her birthday? You should be ashamed. I want some Gant Charts so I can get a break down of who is doing what and when. Don't you understand that I'm a busy guy and I need to be informed. Forget about surprises. I want to know when the hot Drow Sorceress is popping out of the big birthday cake, by Lordsmarch Bank, wearing nothing but pasties and a fig leaf.

I don't know what you all read about the event, but what I read about the event was that it was a week long. That's a lot of hours between Sunday and Saturday. Were you expecting them to blow their wad all at once? Typically, in almost everything people do, from special hugs, movies to video games, there is a long build up and then POW!!!!!!!!!! MONEY SHOT!!!!! In your face BABY. What the heck were you thinking? Fast forward to the end and then go on?

I suppose when some of you give up the ghost, hopefully at an old age, your epitaph will read, "Loved Time lines and Complaining on the DDO Forums" or "Fast forwarded adult movies to the money shot instead of enjoying the show.

Please don't try to psychoanalyze me in real life. You obviously don't know me and even more obviously aren't qualified to do so. My post was simply worded and echoed the voices of many people online who were excited to be a part of the two year anniversary celebration which was stated to be as follows

" Greetings Citizens of Stormreach!

I am pleased to announce there will be a festive gathering, held to honor the anniversary of our fair city of Stormreach!

The Coin Lords wish to join with all citizens to celebrate and give thanks to the Dragonmarked Houses and Kingdom of Galifar. For through their gifts, in the year 802 of the Galifar Calendar, the rebirth of Stormreach from a mere outpost in the wilderness to a thriving city was made possible. Stormreach has seen many changes, and faced many dangers, but our city still stands, and our citizens enjoy a life of prosperity! We invite all citizens to attend a gathering to honor our beloved city on Sul, the second day of Therendor (Sunday, March 2nd) in the Marketplace.
Additionally, thanks to the generosity of the Coin Lords, and the hard work of the city's bakers, all heroes and citizens of Stormreach will receive a special celebratory cake on Wir, the 27th of Olarune (Wednesday, February 27th) to mark the grand occasion on the 28th. Citizens will receive these cakes prior to the festival, provided they are already a citizen of Stormreach prior to the 27th of Olarune (prior to the patch on February 27th). Enjoy the cake, and what surprises may spring up from them until the day of the party!

More details will be made available as the day of the party draws closer. We hope that you will join us in celebrating this most joyous occasion!"

My frustrations are founded in this mis-communication. Yours, on the other hand, are directed at me and other posters whom you have never met and whose posts do not affect you directly in any way. And you dare to come in here and pompously indicate that I may have issues?

Vinos
03-03-2008, 09:53 AM

But here you are COMPLAINING about the complainers.

caj
03-03-2008, 09:58 AM

You Sir, are a pompus idiot! You insult people who have not insulted you and do not read the postings before your rant or understand what you are writing about. All input is normally welcome.. yours is not.

Heladron
03-03-2008, 10:02 AM
My frustrations are founded in this mis-communication. Yours, on the other hand, are directed at me and other posters whom you have never met and whose posts do not affect you directly in any way. And you dare to come in here and pompously indicate that I may have issues?

You hit the nail on the head. It's directed at all the people complaining. This thread started out lively and turned into an all out brawl; the way a large portion of posts on this forum turn out.

So it doesn't affect me? Then why do I feel so passionate? I feel like I've come to party and found all you complainers squatting over the punch bowl pinching a loaf in it?

You and all the other complainers are probably all really nice people, but I don't care. Now we're all guilty of turning a fun event into a brawl and I'm feeling pretty dumb for being pulled in. When I see people attacking the creators of a game for trying their best to entertain us in new ways, asking for time lines and other weird stuff I get riled up.

I think you must have been reading some other post. I don't recall saying you had issues, but I'll be happy to reconsider if it would help the argument along. I was just calling it like I saw it. People asking for a time line, for a video game, is just plain bizarre as far as I see it. Sure we're all paying and playing. If at any point we're not entertained we should pack up the game and cancel our subscription and move on.

My only regret is that I came to this post and saw punches being thrown and I can't help but start "punching" those who are "attacking" the ones who give us our fix for some entertainment.

If I worked at Turbine I'd probably be saying, "I write a video game for a bunch of whiners. There are some out there that think we do a good job, but mostly everyone else is a whiner. I hope this game fails so I can go do something else to pay my bills. It's just not worth putting in the effort anymore since it's always lose lose."

frederjoe1
03-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Please don't try to psychoanalyze me in real life. You obviously don't know me and even more obviously aren't qualified to do so. My post was simply worded and echoed the voices of many people online who were excited to be a part of the two year anniversary celebration which was stated to be as follows

" Greetings Citizens of Stormreach!

I am pleased to announce there will be a festive gathering, held to honor the anniversary of our fair city of Stormreach!

The Coin Lords wish to join with all citizens to celebrate and give thanks to the Dragonmarked Houses and Kingdom of Galifar. For through their gifts, in the year 802 of the Galifar Calendar, the rebirth of Stormreach from a mere outpost in the wilderness to a thriving city was made possible. Stormreach has seen many changes, and faced many dangers, but our city still stands, and our citizens enjoy a life of prosperity! We invite all citizens to attend a gathering to honor our beloved city on Sul, the second day of Therendor (Sunday, March 2nd) in the Marketplace.
Additionally, thanks to the generosity of the Coin Lords, and the hard work of the city's bakers, all heroes and citizens of Stormreach will receive a special celebratory cake on Wir, the 27th of Olarune (Wednesday, February 27th) to mark the grand occasion on the 28th. Citizens will receive these cakes prior to the festival, provided they are already a citizen of Stormreach prior to the 27th of Olarune (prior to the patch on February 27th). Enjoy the cake, and what surprises may spring up from them until the day of the party!

More details will be made available as the day of the party draws closer. We hope that you will join us in celebrating this most joyous occasion!"

Not trying to flame, but in all honestly, can any of us say we don't have issues....it's part of life live it, love it, die...no options there

Oreg
03-03-2008, 10:11 AM
You hit the nail on the head. It's directed at all the people complaining. This thread started out lively and turned into an all out brawl; the way a large portion of posts on this forum turn out.

So it doesn't affect me? Then why do I feel so passionate? I feel like I've come to party and found all you complainers squatting over the punch bowl pinching a loaf in it?

You and all the other complainers are probably all really nice people, but I don't care. Now we're all guilty of turning a fun event into a brawl and I'm feeling pretty dumb for being pulled in. When I see people attacking the creators of a game for trying their best to entertain us in new ways, asking for time lines and other weird stuff I get riled up.

I think you must have been reading some other post. I don't recall saying you had issues, but I'll be happy to reconsider if it would help the argument along. I was just calling it like I saw it. People asking for a time line, for a video game, is just plain bizarre as far as I see it. Sure we're all paying and playing. If at any point we're not entertained we should pack up the game and cancel our subscription and move on.

My only regret is that I came to this post and saw punches being thrown and I can't help but start "punching" those who are "attacking" the ones who give us our fix for some entertainment.

If I worked at Turbine I'd probably be saying, "I write a video game for a bunch of whiners. There are some out there that think we do a good job, but mostly everyone else is a whiner. I hope this game fails so I can go do something else to pay my bills. It's just not worth putting in the effort anymore since it's always lose lose."

"throwing punches" eh? Yeah. ok.

Originally Posted by Oreg View Post

iamsamoth0
03-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Any chance we can get a dev response before this thread gets closed??!?!?

Heladron
03-03-2008, 10:20 AM
You Sir, are a pompus idiot! You insult people who have not insulted you and do not read the postings before your rant or understand what you are writing about. All input is normally welcome.. yours is not.

At least I can spell pompous.

And you sir are very observant. I'm attacking the people who said things like, "/boring" and asked for time lines, and "Start the Invasion Already" and people calling the event a miserable failure when we're only 1/7 of the way through it. I'm guilty of all that and privately wishing I was really a Warforged so sue me.

I'm sure my post would be more than welcome if I was playing along and beating up Turbine for ruining my Sunday. I'm not doing that though, I chose to post a contrary opinion; an opinion where I question why people think they need a time line or said their time was being wasted. I've read 95 percent of this thread and a lot of what I found was insulting towards the producers of this game.

But I guess in the world of CAJ Censorship Inc, all speech that is contrary to what CAJ agrees with is unwelcome, insulting and pompous. Bashing PEOPLE who are trying to entertain us is not insulting to those people though. They are faceless and can't possibly have feelings.

caj
03-03-2008, 10:24 AM
At least I can spell pompous.

And you sir are very observant. I'm attacking the people who said things like, "/boring" and asked for time lines, and "Start the Invasion Already" and people calling the event a miserable failure when we're only 1/7 of the way through it. I'm guilty of all that and privately wishing I was really a Warforged so sue me.

I'm sure my post would be more than welcome if I was playing along and beating up Turbine for ruining my Sunday. I'm not doing that though, I chose to post a contrary opinion; an opinion where I question why people think they need a time line or said their time was being wasted. I've read 95 percent of this thread and a lot of what I found was insulting towards the producers of this game.

But I guess in the world of CAJ Censorship Inc, all speech that is contrary to what CAJ agrees with is unwelcome, insulting and pompous. Bashing PEOPLE who are trying to entertain us is not insulting to those people though. They are faceless and can't possibly have feelings.

Again Personal Attacks on people proves to me what type of person you are... truly... anyone can see that... Flames by you on people is not constructive nor welcome.. get a clue.

akla_thornfist
03-03-2008, 10:26 AM
anyone notice this veheer guy looks like a deranged killer i dont think he works for the coin lords, he probably kidnapped +sir and is the leader of the bad guys.

query
03-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Any person doing so only risks the wrath of Tolero and the releasing of the Cube to destroy this ENTIRE thread!

So behave or REALLY be targeted by Turbine's all forum encompassing power!

(You know it's bad when I say behave...that's like the necromancer saying to respect life...)

That aside, I would like to express my PERSONAL opinion without being called an instigator, lackey, side chooser or any other inside-the-box label.

I didn't like it.

It felt too much like real war: A whole lotta nothing with a few moments of paniced fighting.

But the reason the fighting was paniced is we were stuck in eternal load screens, rooted from lag, and attacked by "invisible" attackers from problems one and two above. With up to 26 instances, you'd think if we were on 5 or 12, it wouldn't be that bad or even 24, but it was all lag all the time...even from those who NEVER get lag, so don't finger point just at me!

And the so called helpfull items for this fight? A few titan wands....oh yeah, after we die, we know where the devils will shove those....

And ironicly, this lag was caused by 4 to six spawning. Sometimes I could see and react, other times I was rooted and helpless as above barely able to type for help due to lag.

And even if the lag was not there, while I didn't want it all on one night, I DID want more of the HORDE of invaders from ALL sides...not one invasion portal here, then another there...yeah yeah I get it the're testing us making the portal stronger...well, after 45-100 adventurers camp and kill the 4 task force recons (when not lagging) perhaps the Devils get the idea of SEND MORE TROOPS? They ARE Lawful, not insane expecting different results from the same thing over and over.....

And short of the courier and the "Come back tomorrow" for Tower Bowzer playing Mario/The Pit in the Market, where was the interaction? Having NPC's change what they say rotating the three different things over and over doesn't count. How hard would it have been to make a menu tree for a few, get a clue or a nonexistant recipie for us in the Shroud or the Merida Altars?

But the opening was spent waiting hours for a dramatic storyarc that didn't come.

And I speak in a guild that wins awards even if my stories are not at that level as of yet, and has a former officer now working for Turbine, so we know a few things about story development and plot anticipation hooks.

I point no fingers at one, but hold all accountable for an explanation who developed this. If it's a nesaessary evil for storyarc development say it now or f're'er look like a tool to the faithful defenders of your vision.

And you made my new cleric cry...no wait, that was fine...carry on that you FEINDS.

(And dag nab it, not ONE OF YOU killed a single DEMON! THEY ARE DEVILS! LAWFUL BRAIN DEAD DEVILS!)

And if Turbine wants me to use the nice bbcode for my emphasis instead of caps, they must REGAIN that by actually making a response and a result that gets through to us serious story players and long time gamers. BBcode is hard to earn and easy to lose.

Now, since somebody will respond angrily to something, again it's my personal opinion, not an atatck on ANY SO-and-so, Turbine individuals included. Yu have a right to your opinion. Act civilily about it and DON'T confirm about that old axiom about what opinions are like and everybody having one (stinking it up with negativity and that's as far on the descriptive line I wil go.)

So, be nice, agree, disagree or don't care, but troll and die very painfully while I watch and munch popcorn*

*No guarantee of death or popcorn is promised by the player, Turbine, it's affiliates, familes or Douglas Adam's Improbability drive. If you think the last above sentence was serious or literal, seek medical help or a fundamentalist book club. This section is 100% parody and is not insulting you either. You may stop reading now.

[This space intentionally left blank.]

Ildaron
03-03-2008, 04:44 PM
anyone notice this veheer guy looks like a deranged killer i dont think he works for the coin lords, he probably kidnapped +sir and is the leader of the bad guys.

I do agree he does look evil... and he is short too... dressess a little funny. I bet he started learning magic so he could blast anyone who said those things to him.

Elvejon
03-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Wasnt too long ago i dreamed of taking over stromreach with all the monsters because the monster toke me in as one of thier own, and how player salughter them over nad over and over. So they sent me to tell stromreach no more killing! You all refused and i lead an attack on stromreach. I won and toke over. All Players were kicked out into the forest. You guys re-groupped and All the wizards/sorcs Commanded all the undead ot assualt stromreach. I was thrown over and retreated back to my palace. All my creatures dead and back into there quest for future salughter from players questing i was alone in the castle and most of the player attacked my castle... They saw my jornal of adventours on how i protected beholders and Flesh rendors in Invadors! from salughter form you guys as i looked in shock at my fallen comrades. They funny thing was the players were teamed with me helping me defend these creatures from salughter in quest after quest. Then they came up to my throne room and found a big teleporter in the middle. By no passing it you transported yourselves into a volcano mountain. After facing countless Dragon Monster portecting the mountain you finally saw me and a Gaint white dragon with seven eyes and seven wings glowing towards you with a seem to look like cannon on its back. I rose a spoke "This is your end of terror!". You guys surly beat me after a long devsting fight and i fell to the ground... Remebering the monster who toke me in as there own... Protecting them for their rights... and Fell slient.... Then i woke up.

Sorry this whole Devils attacking stromreach made my dream appear in my head.

Gorbadoc
03-04-2008, 02:12 AM
I have nothing to add at this time, either, and I'll do it darned concisely.