PDA

View Full Version : Ottos Dancing Sphere Spell Resistance ??

Cambo
03-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Fiend-Blood Bat's are geeting a SR save against Ottos...Ottos description says..Spell Resistance:No

(Combat): You roll to see if your spell penetrates Fiend-Blood Bat's spell resistance. You roll a 10 (+15): spell resistance success!
(Combat): You hit Fiend-Blood Bat with Otto's Sphere of Dancing.

Not sure if any other mobs are getting this.. this is the only place i have noticed the blue flashes (making me check the log)...and since I have a battle bard I dont use Ottos many other places.

Ghoste
03-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes, dancing sphere has always given a spell resistance check. If you want evidence, just look at my hide and seek vid.

Cambo
03-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I guess I had better start speccing my Bard for SR penetration.

I have never seen this before up to Giant hold on my CC bard.
And there is no other reason for spell pen on him.

I really think this is a bug that should be fixed though...
Having to spec a bard for SR penetration for 1 spell is a bit over the top.

Vormaerin
03-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Umm, you don't have to spec for spell pen because of that particular spell. You have to because you want to use any CC at all on certain quests where the SR on your foes is quite high. Whether you use Dancing Ball or Hypnotism or Fear or anything else, you'll need to overcome the SR. That's the whole reason critters have SR.

If the Spell Pen items/feats/enhancements are too annoying to get, you can just not use your spell points on those kinds of spells. Buff yourself and your friends and kill things the old fashioned way...

Cambo
03-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Umm, you don't have to spec for spell pen because of that particular spell. You have to because you want to use any CC at all on certain quests where the SR on your foes is quite high. Whether you use Dancing Ball or Hypnotism or Fear or anything else, you'll need to overcome the SR. That's the whole reason critters have SR.

If the Spell Pen items/feats/enhancements are too annoying to get, you can just not use your spell points on those kinds of spells. Buff yourself and your friends and kill things the old fashioned way...

Ottos is not supposed to have SR save. It says so in the spell description thats the point of the thread.
I havent double checked but the other spells you mentioned dont have SR either.

Averroes
03-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Ottos is not supposed to have SR save. It says so in the spell description thats the point of the thread.
I havent double checked but the other spells you mentioned dont have SR either.

The description is wrong.

As a general rule, everything that isn't either a conjuration or an evocation will have to make an SR roll.

Angelus_dead
03-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Ottos is not supposed to have SR save.
Otto's IS supposed to allow SR. [eaten by cube]

BlueLightBandit
03-02-2008, 10:25 AM
No YOU'RE wrong!

Uh-uh... YOU'RE wrong!

The description in game says nothing about the spell being succeptible to spell resistance. So for those of us who do not have the SRD memorized or a couple of books handy for immediate reference... we would have no idea whether it should have it. We just see the description and accept what it says.

The simple fact is that the description is wrong. Turbine has a history of doing that often, and being very wary to change it.

MysticTheurge
03-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Ottos is not supposed to have SR save.

According to what?

Borror0
03-02-2008, 12:55 PM
According to what?

In-game description. Same for Mass Suggestion.

I know that according to the SRD there is one, but the in-game description is showing SR: No.

dragnmoon
03-02-2008, 01:40 PM

I know that according to the SRD there is one, but the in-game description is showing SR: No.

I think what Mystic is pointing out... But being Cryptic about it.. is that there is No Otto's Dancing Sphere on the SRd or any D&D book as far as I know.. It is a DDO Spell only... No such spell as Otto's Resistible Dance either I believe.. a DDO spell only.. So Turbine can do what ever they want with the spell since it is theirs But your right there is no SR in the description and they need to fix that since most likely the spell is based on Otto's Irresistible Dance that does allow SR in D&D PnP.

MysticTheurge
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM

Ah, in that case, yes the descriptions ought to be fixed.

Dariuss
03-03-2008, 12:06 AM
I use Hypnotism on the bats, takes out most of em with one shot - the only problem is when the targetted one flies behind me befie i get the spell off :)

DeadlyGazebo
03-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Otto's sphere is supposed to have "SR: yes"; the description in the spell tooltip is wrong.

Fixed for mod 7.

dameron
03-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Otto's sphere is supposed to have "SR: yes"; the description in the spell tooltip is wrong.

Fixed for mod 7.

How about some more information on that spell, like the save interval and such?

Kisaragi
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM

Fixed for mod 7.

Nevermind, got the spell confused. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Cambo
03-03-2008, 10:29 PM

Fixed for mod 7.

Thanks (official clarification always welcome)....now where is the Spell Pen scepter....

Borror0
03-03-2008, 11:08 PM

Fixed for mod 7.

How about Mass Suggestion?