PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace Defaced! Vandals Attempt Sabotage of Party

Sir_Lawrence
03-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Attention Heroes & Citizens of Stormreach!

With great sadness, I must inform you that some vile vandals have chosen to deface our beloved marketplace with hideous graffiti! Rest assured that the culprits of this audacious offense will be caught. Members of the Twelve are already investigating these markings for clues, and the perpetrators will be apprehended. Any rumors of this act being the works of devils should be disregarded, as this is obviously an elaborate hoax by some very audacious outlaws. Furthermore, this malicious act will not deter us from our celebration party. The Coin Lords and the Twelve have authorized me to bring some happy news in the face of this attempt by vandals to thwart our revelry.

As a gesture of good will, and to lift the spirits of our party goers, the Twelve would like to make the following known: through diligent study of the Stones of Change, they have discovered the means for our Warforged citizens to enjoy Tasty Ham. Let it be known that any citizens who place a Tasty Ham in the alter of change will be able to create a special oil, able to be consumed by Warforged. These hams and oils are highly recommended as part of a balanced diet for better health.

The Coin Lords ask that all citizens remain calm, and do not allow these delinquents to sour our time of celebration, still scheduled for tomorrow, the second day of Therendor (March 2nd)!

woodspider
03-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Dear Lords of StormReach,

I am here to tell you that this MUST BE STOPPED! We know there are Evil doings on the horizon. We know that Sir Lawerence has direct or inderect knowledge of this evil, and he is not giving the information to the correct people to help put a stop to it. So either he is a part of the evil, or he is to scared to stop it. Which ever is the case, he needs to be removed from office and a new leader needs to step up to the plate.

If Sir Lawerence is not removed from his position in StormReach, I will be forced to organize a small band of concerned citizens to infiltrate his home and remove him by FORCE!

The Gauntlets have come off, on what side do you stand?

dragnmoon
03-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't care what people say!!.. It was not me!!!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x226/dragnmoon/Painting.jpg

Attomic
03-01-2008, 09:15 PM
And then there's the guy on the bridge between the bank and the bazaar, gloom-and-dooming, "Beware the city of the dead. Beware the coming of the storm."

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Sir Lawrence...I shall warn you one last time. You will end this act of unknowning and no wrong doings and admit your guilt to the good people of Stormreach your alliance with the devils in gathering them for the armies of Shavarath to attempt an attack on! Head the Prophecies of Vesuvia....

You will still die a honorable death Sir Lawrence...I assure you...you should tell your family you love them.

~Death will be swift~
Vesuvia Hellfyre - Prophet of Destruction

winsom
03-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Drums in the Deep. They are coming.

Dane_McArdy
03-01-2008, 09:38 PM
You need powerful wizards to capture vandals? You have the worst case of vandals in history, as this happened right under everyones nose!

Sir, we are not fooled by the Coin Lords attempts to cover this up, or misdirect us!

Thankfully the free adventures, who have seen a thing or two, and know a bit more then coin counters locked in thier pretty towers, trying to shine their coppers into gold!

And the sudden rash of the merchants returning, unable to continue business, run out of the tent!

And the tent, the vandals certainly struck there, it's almost as if the tent is marked! The largest amount of these arcane sigils are around the TENT!

Hereos and Adventures of Stormreach, be on the ready! Come prepared!

DelScorcho
03-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Doesn't bother me. A couple of coats of paint, and it'll be right as rain. The homeless in the marketplace kind of have me freaked out. Its a Marketplace! Make some money already.

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Within the first Prophecy of Vesuvia, it was stated that the tent will be utterly annihilated as something new shall be taking it's place....after the surpression of the devil forces we will be for a time left in awe and wonder at what has befallen our city.

I urge those that deem themselves hero's of Stormreach to take positions and battle formations around the tent on all sides...and in the surrounding area's to divert the devil invasion!

Ghoste
03-01-2008, 09:45 PM
I heard a rumor...just a rumor: Stormreach is being covertly prepared for a Mourning ritual. The festivities tomorrow were suggested and are being strongly encouraged by covert blades with some influence among the coin lords.

Just a rumor...that's all...

Lorichie
03-01-2008, 09:50 PM
You need powerful wizards to capture vandals? You have the worst case of vandals in history, as this happened right under everyones nose!

Sir, we are not fooled by the Coin Lords attempts to cover this up, or misdirect us!

Thankfully the free adventures, who have seen a thing or two, and know a bit more then coin counters locked in thier pretty towers, trying to shine their coppers into gold!

And the sudden rash of the merchants returning, unable to continue business, run out of the tent!

And the tent, the vandals certainly struck there, it's almost as if the tent is marked! The largest amount of these arcane sigils are around the TENT!

Hereos and Adventures of Stormreach, be on the ready! Come prepared!

I have seen these markings and have spoken to those misplaced by foul and evil deeds. I have seen these strange lights, seeming centered around the runes spread about, and i know that evil is among us even now.

My brothers and i have begun arriving upon our fair city, which i have never known to look this dark and foreboding. One speaks of storms and rain, common weather does not cause these clouds i fear. I have taken up watch upon the center of the once bustling marketplace, now a pittance of its former self, and i wait to see what the winds will bring on the morrow.

Mistruths have been spread, evil has been sewn, for that there can be no doubt, but even still i see hope running among us. The marketplace is full of would be heroes, new and old alike. While it may be a shadow of its former self, the sounds of bustling and bartering are slowly being replaced with the sound of steel and whispering magic throughout the market.

Fear not, citezens of Stormreach, whatever foul deed has been done, your heroes will defend you to the end.

Brianius
03-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I am here to defend our great city , +Sir Lawrence is only a messenger for the lords. I have suspected for some time that one or more of the lords was in leauge with dark powers. This shows it and this lord is useing +Sir Lawrence to misdirect us.

As they say never kill the messenger.

Kisaragi
03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Attention Heroes & Citizens of Stormreach!

With great sadness, I must inform you that some vile vandals have chosen to deface our beloved marketplace with hideous graffiti! Rest assured that the culprits of this audacious offense will be caught. Members of the Twelve are already investigating these markings for clues, and the perpetrators will be apprehended. Any rumors of this act being the works of devils should be disregarded, as this is obviously an elaborate hoax by some very audacious outlaws. Furthermore, this malicious act will not deter us from our celebration party. The Coin Lords and the Twelve have authorized me to bring some happy news in the face of this attempt by vandals to thwart our revelry.

As a gesture of good will, and to lift the spirits of our party goers, the Twelve would like to make the following known: through diligent study of the Stones of Change, they have discovered the means for our Warforged citizens to enjoy Tasty Ham. Let it be known that any citizens who place a Tasty Ham in the alter of change will be able to create a special oil, able to be consumed by Warforged. These hams and oils are highly recommended as part of a balanced diet for better health.

The Coin Lords ask that all citizens remain calm, and do not allow these delinquents to sour our time of celebration, still scheduled for tomorrow, the second day of Therendor (March 2nd)!

(Delivered by Decaying Mummy to the front gate)

Dear Sirs,

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Signed,
Alexio D'Amore

Memnir
03-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Bring em on, I say.
Be it invasion or celebration, it sounds like a good time to me. Let Larry and the rest of his limp-wristed Coin Lord brethren learn that once again the most powerful faction in Stormreach is the Adventurers. And perhaps if we are needed to pull Stormreach back from the brink... again... the Coin Lords will learn that perhaps they should be asking for our Favor. Not the other way around.

Tomorrow the city streets will run red with either wine or blood. The air filled with either songs or screams.
Personally, I plan to enjoy every moment of it no matter which comes to pass.

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 10:05 PM
So the invasion has begun already....

...and i'm stuck at work for another 2 hours..what BS!@

Lorichie
03-01-2008, 10:09 PM
So the invasion has begun already....

...and i'm stuck at work for another 2 hours..what BS!@

There has been no invasion as of yet, only the gathering of heroes and increased suggestion of impending evil about to be sprung. I know not whether the morrow will bring dancing in the streets or death to those that attempt wrong doing, but as another before me has stated, either way i will be celebrating.

Tolero
03-01-2008, 10:10 PM
There Is No Invasion!!!! Gaaah!!!!

Post Script: Sorry Sir, I'm doin my best :X the adventurers seem made up in their minds, I don't think there's anything we could say to dissuade them

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Jaywade
03-01-2008, 10:13 PM
neat goings on....more runes large and all over the place and homeless people beggers and a shop keeper who couldn;t make rent....good jobs dev's ...and I'll say it again that Sir Lawrence is dirty ...I know it

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Sir Lawrence is dirty! He is corrupt! How did he even get into his power position?!? Perhaps the one who held it perviously...accidently fell off the top of house d?! =) hrm?! did you help him down the gravity elevator?! =)

Brianius
03-01-2008, 10:15 PM
If the time of talking is done then battle plans must be put into place.
The tent is the easist spot to defend. But how to defend it is key. Any ideas.

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 10:20 PM
...It's all conspiracy....

Snoggy
03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I think the Kobolds that live underneath the city had something to do with all of this vandalism. The city guards as well as those who work in city infrastructure, have been opressing large groups of kobold communities for years. Years, I tell you. The things I've seen down there, when helping out a few of my fellow neighbors with their plumbing issues or investigating the source of some foul odor in their basement ... well it's enough to make an inexperienced adventurer wince. Do you realize the squalor some of these kobolds are forced to live in? Is it any wonder that our sewage facilities are in such disarray day in and day out? Is it really a surprise to anyone that when the denizens of Xoriat launched an invasion into our city, they did it through our sewers? Fleshrenders coming out of the toilet? Beholders in your bathtub? It's all coming back to bite our fair city in the butt. If only we'd have provided better living space for our kobold neighbors. If only we had planned our infrastructure better ...

Enjoy your cake people. Enjoy your cake. But you'll have to pay for it later.

(This message brought to you by the Citizens for Building More Aqueducts Group)

Gorbadoc
03-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't believe any of the rumors. Let's suppose, hypothetically, that Sir Lawrence was in on some plot to summon horrible, unpronounceable beasts to Stormreach. A big celebration just means that you'll have large groups of highly powerful heroes wandering the streets. If Sir Lawrence were really up to no good, he would encourage everyone over level six to stay home or, better yet, be out of town on the intended day of Armageddon.

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 10:32 PM
They just want to make a clean sweep of it while people are slightly intoxicated and having a good time totally unprepared!

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 10:34 PM
There Is No Invasion!!!! Gaaah!!!!

Post Script: Sorry Sir, I'm doin my best :X the adventurers seem made up in their minds, I don't think there's anything we could say to dissuade them

He is in on it with Sir Lawrence....

geoffhanna
03-01-2008, 10:36 PM
by autobots right? Or is decepticons? I can never keep track :D

http://www.hannasolutions.com/DDO/graffiti.JPG

Gorbadoc
03-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Oh, right, get a bunch of dwarves slightly drunk. That'll make them docile, for sure!

On a less sarcastic note, if they've got what it takes to kill all the heroes of Stormreach in one stroke, we're pretty much boned anyway.

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Lol no...just Sir Lawrence and Tolero are going to help them "TRY" but either way fail miserably! =)

Tolero
03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Heeeey...since when am I in on the conspiracy shenanigans? :confused:

Pellegro
03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
There Is No Invasion!!!!

Lies !!! Dirty filthy stinkin' lies !!!

I'm off to Sharn till the bad air blows over.

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Also it may have been the Post Script to Sir Lawrence, apologizing that you were unable to sway the minds of the good people of Stormreach that there is no invasion and thus catching them off guard! perhaps perhaps =)

Those that deny it are in on it! obviously =)

Lorichie
03-01-2008, 10:52 PM

I have no doubt you truly believe what has been told to you, and for that i, nor do i think the others in the end will blame you. I will only remind you that once you were a maiden of Stormreach, and although now your work takes you away from her streets, she is still in your blood. Listen not to what others tell you, including us wary travelers, but listen to what still lies deep inside you.

Even if tomorrow we are drinking wine instead of spilling blood, ask yourself was it better to be wary than not, and if you yourself were standing where we are, what would the hairs on the back of your neck be telling you.

Snoggy
03-01-2008, 10:56 PM

When it turns out that the new trap DCs are directly proportional to the amount of cake provided to players, and that this vandalism is actually a portion of Kobold code detailing how to fix everything ... and only Monks can decipher this code ...

Whole entire raid parties are going to come for you sir! Whole entire raid parties! All grouped up in Tempest's Spine and ready to port!

Gorbadoc
03-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Even if tomorrow we are drinking wine instead of spilling blood...
I plan on doing both.

Simultaneously.

Naked.

Pellegro
03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Even if tomorrow we are drinking wine instead of spilling blood, ask yourself was it not better to be wary than not, and if you yourself were standing where we are, what would the hairs on the back of your neck be telling you.

!! :eek::eek: !!

Creepy ..... I likes it ... hehe

DNDJESS
03-01-2008, 11:05 PM
As a gesture of good will, and to lift the spirits of our party goers, the Twelve would like to make the following known: through diligent study of the Stones of Change, they have discovered the means for our Warforged citizens to enjoy Tasty

Does a Warforged have the ability to 'enjoy'?

GlassCannon
03-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Not only are there suddenly Runes everywhere...

Notice something amiss?
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/sarin_elf/ScreenShot00425.jpg

The sky is dark, yes... darker than it was... but something else is very wrong.

Is the City Ward intact? If so, why is the market Tent not functioning?

This appears to be far more than mere vandalism.

Tolero
03-01-2008, 11:10 PM
You know to his credit, Sir did say that the vendors probably just were having hard times, and look, they showed up again begging and mooching... maybe we're being too harsh on Sir? :o

Sertrynus
03-01-2008, 11:16 PM
the vandalism means that something foul is afoot

Kamboe
03-01-2008, 11:18 PM
This is kinda boring.....there and ETA on this "not an invasion"? like can we "not" hear trumpets of a "non-marching army" "not" heading towards the market?

ArkoHighStar
03-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Argo is getting laggy I hope this does not have anything to do with the setup for live event

Kamboe
03-01-2008, 11:25 PM
we got 5 Market Instances

dungeonrat07
Why are there no Air ships over stormreach? I have been in this city for two years now and have always seen Air ships in her skies! I have also heard that ships are not entering the cities ports! I will stay on top of my pillar as a protest! Sir Lawrence, has his hands in this some how! I hear that spell components are getting harder to come by and other consumables!

Vesuvia
Glin has not been compromised as well as Sir Lawrence and Tolero...as seen in another thread!!

Keep to the prophecy of Vesuvia and all will be well! The tent will in fact be destroyed but we will surpress the invaders! Not to fear good citizens our rebirth celebration will be more of a rebuilding celebration!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! =)

Gengulphus
03-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Look, +Sir is clearly deceived at the least (if not in on the plot) since - don't you remember - his *new* servant Liv Ruhct (Tchurvil spelled backwards!!!) convinced him that everything is fine.

The stream of supplies is drying up. That includes armor, ammo, weapons, food, drink.

This is serious.

The lights appearing in the streets are portals opening up.

Station yourselves around the Tent in the Marketplace.

This paladin detects a distinctively demonic evil in the air.

It's palpable people, I tell you, PALPABLE!!!

ArkoHighStar
03-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Why are there no Air ships over stormreach? I have been in this city for two years now and have always seen Air ships in her skies! I have also heard that ships are not entering the cities ports! I will stay on top of my pillar as a protest! Sir Lawrence, has his hands in this some how! I hear that spell components are getting harder to come by and other consumables!

they were gone after the update

Sertrynus
03-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Townspeople know something is afoot, hence some of the messages that they are saying

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/hirscha/ScreenShot00002-2.jpg

Why hate adventurers when we have kept them safe for so long?

moorewr
03-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Drums in the Deep. They are coming.

We can not get out!

Freeman
03-01-2008, 11:42 PM
STREETLIGHTS!!!! They are nothing but STREETLIGHTS!!!!! Why do you people insist on believing otherwise?!!!!

Sir_Lawrence
03-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Stay calm! There's no reason to panic! We have the situation under control!!!!!11!1

Gum
03-01-2008, 11:46 PM
OMG

Look Sir Lawrence Sir,

I just came out of House J on a component buying trip and there was a member of the twelve..yes the twelve, offering me safe refuge for what is at hand if I could not take care of myself. This has officially went into code red alert for me. Something is going down! Pictures to follow.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9453/screenshot00399jd4.th.jpg (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot00399jd4.jpg)
PROOF of DOOM!
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8453/screenshot00397vn8.th.jpg (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot00397vn8.jpg)
Stormreach power fading!
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7176/screenshot00401vu2.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot00401vu2.jpg)
We must stand together. To hell with racism and hate, FIGHT together Stormreach!

Dane_McArdy
Stay calm! There's no reason to panic! We have the situation under control!!!!!11!1

Oh so now there is a situation?

Come clean!

Sertrynus

And what situation is that Sir Lawrence, surely not some petty vandals ???

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 11:52 PM
If only the Prophecy would have been heard by more and spread sooner! Lawrence the Vile is about to crack and the gateways to Shavarath will be upon us!

Lawrence the Vile, yes that is your name now!

-Making war plans with the Black Abbot to overthrow Stormreach after the devil assault-

Ascention FTW!

Praut_Ektor
03-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Praut arranged to have posters distributed throughout the city at various taverns and guildhalls.

Citizens of Stormreach Unite!

My fellows, the marks of Shavarath are spreading. We have identified points where the invasions will commence that we will try to focus our efforts on. Please contact an officer of the Fellowship of the Golden Night at once if you are willing to defend our city!

Please, we must hurry the party will be tomorrow and we believe that's when Stormreach will be invaded. You must stand with Stormreach, or you stand with Shavarath. Believe me when I tell you that running or looting will NOT save you. Only resistance will save you.

Signed,

Sir Praut Ektor Officer of the Fellowship of the Golden Night.

Gildas
03-01-2008, 11:54 PM
OMG a situation...Run for ur life

Korvek
03-01-2008, 11:58 PM
The Twelve has already learned of these fiendish plots. They have set up sentries to transport characters to avoid the "perilous" dangers, and yet Sir Lawrence continues to deny the very existence of these dangers; he must be corrupt!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/Thanquiol/ScreenShot00068.jpg

Dane_McArdy
03-02-2008, 12:02 AM
A Portal Just Opened In The Market And Stayed Open!

*Credit to MAC, to discover this horrible object!

http://www.glitchworks.com/ScreenShot00509.jpg

Vesuvia
03-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Indeed Lawrence the Vile is in league with the devils of Shavarath! However, once a good man he will see the error in his ways and die a valiant death trying to defend the cities from the evils he has helped bring upon us!

Sertrynus
03-02-2008, 12:04 AM
I Don't believe the situation is in hand Sir Lawrence, what DOOM have u brought upon us??

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/hirscha/ScreenShot00003-2.jpg

Gum
03-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Sir Lawrence we DEMAND an explanation! Are these allegations true!? Doom!!!!!

Cahira
03-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Just killed a Bearded Devil in the Marketplace.

Sertrynus
03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
DEVILS AND ORTHONS HAVE SPAWNED IN THE MARKETPLACE!

Under control I think not!

Lorichie
03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
.....It would appear tonight we bathe in blood....

Gum
03-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sertrynus
03-02-2008, 12:14 AM
On my signal, unleash HELL!

Dane_McArdy
03-02-2008, 12:15 AM
After the portal was open for ten minutes, Devils and Orothons came throguht, We killed them

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO!

Veheer
03-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Hail citizens. I am glad to see that there are many among you who have been diligent in your preparations. There are dark days ahead indeed...