PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Welcome Back Week!

Quarion
02-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Stormreach™ (DDO) is celebrating its second anniversary! To mark this special occasion, we're inviting our previous players to come and enjoy all of the new DDO content for FREE from March 5-11, 2008!

Play your old characters, check out the 2nd Anniversary celebration events, and earn +25% bonus experience! Just log into your DDO account from March 5-11, 2008 and we'll take care of the fun and adventure. Here are some things that were added to the game since you were last here:

Module 6: The Thirteenth EclipseNew
Level Cap = 16th Level!
5 New Dungeons!
Crafting Comes to Eberron!
New Raid Bosses - Fiendish and Fearsome!
UI Skins - Custom UI Skinning (more info)! (http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506/?utm_source=Turbine&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=ocr)For a full list of what's new in Module 6: The Thirteenth Eclipse, click here (http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=347&siid=42/?utm_source=Turbine&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=ocr).

Module 5: The Accursed Ascension

As the Gates of Death open, the Black Abbot beckons Stormreach’s finest to witness the birth of a god. The hour of ascension is upon us! Can Eberron’s newest deity be defeated?
Defeat the fearsome Black Abbot raid boss, and the deadly new landscape The Necropolis!
New bags to keep your collectibles and gems in! (http://www.ddo.com/article/911)
A new PvP teaming system to easily organize your team!
New dungeons and quests to explore and conquer!For a full list of what's new from Module 5, click here (http://www.ddo.com/article/919).

Update: 4.2: Searing Heights
The fiery Sulatar drow lay claim to a volcano on the outskirts of Stormreach. Can you stop the Sulatar from unleashing a burning apocalypse on the heroes of Xen'drik?
Discover new secrets and enemies in newly revamped Menechtarun desert landscape and the Waterworks adventure area.
Wage war against the Sulatar firebinders on an all-new CR 4 landscape, Searing Heights.
New spells, abilities, and enhancements including Holy Sword and Warchanter.For a full list of what's new from Update 4.2, click here (http://www.ddo.com/article/902).

Welcome back to Stormreach!

Dozen_Black_Roses
02-29-2008, 09:26 AM
woot..way to go to make it a week as not everyone can play on the weekend :P

thatguy
02-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Is that 25% XP just for people returning too the game or will all paying customers benefit from that?

Healemup
02-29-2008, 09:40 AM
[B] Defeat the fearsome Black Abbot raid boss

Welcome back to Stormreach!

If anyone new coming back does this, they will not be welcomed by me. (Unless they show me how or can drag me in there with them) ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, thanks for the bonus XP. I wasn't trying to imply I'm not grateful. I just couldn't pass up the reference to the Abbot, sorry.

Gorstag
02-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Yea, thus far all this second anniversery 6.1 whaterver you want to call it. It's nothing but a joke.

MysticTheurge
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Yay Bonus XP but no Bonus Loot.

Someone's catching on.

Ustice
02-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for no bonus loot (Am I really saying that?) as I hate it when everyone stops running quests so they don't have a ransack counter of any of he chests. Now I can get my secondary character up a bit more.

Wizzly_Bear
02-29-2008, 09:57 AM
sweet! wish it was 50%, but 25 is still very nice. and week is also great so some people dont miss out (unless week long vacation, but then of course, theyre on vaca they dont need ddo :p )

oh wait.....umm yeah, do current players get this? if so, thank you very much. if not, why?

thatguy
02-29-2008, 10:02 AM
oh wait.....umm yeah, do current players get this? if so, thank you very much. if not, why?

It doesn't say all players it specifically says "previous players". Unless they just mis-wrote it.

Wizzly_Bear
02-29-2008, 10:06 AM
It doesn't say all players it specifically says "previous players". Unless they just mis-wrote it.

yeah, i was just noticing that as i was typing my "yay" statement

Quarion
02-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Yes, the 25% XP boost is for everyone :)

MysticTheurge
02-29-2008, 10:14 AM

Re-Yay!

Purgatory
02-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Woot we get our cake and get to eat it too!!

thatguy
02-29-2008, 10:16 AM

I am really liking that, thanks for the clarification.

dragnmoon
02-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Re-Yay!

Yay in your general Direction Q :D

Cowdenicus
02-29-2008, 10:18 AM
WOOT Bonus XP.......

Wizzly_Bear
02-29-2008, 10:26 AM
thank you very much. leveling these new guys was getting very dry. and i dont miss the loot bonus one bit.

Re-Yay!

Yay in your general Direction Q :D
qft
:D

Cowdenicus
02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
I have said it too many times......

XP bonuses in game (especially for special events) are a great thing. Loot bonuses, not so good.

The_Cataclysm
02-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I have said it too many times......

XP bonuses in game (especially for special events) are a great thing. Loot bonuses, not so good.

Yes, exactly.

dragnmoon
02-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Yes, exactly.

Exactly what?......

Cowdenicus
02-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Exactly what?......

I was right, you should be used to it by now.

BGP
02-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Yea, thus far all this second anniversery 6.1 whaterver you want to call it. It's nothing but a joke.

I agree. I mean come on. Its not like they are really doing anything at all. They are trying to save on electric bills in the Marketplace. They booted some vendors who didn't pay their rent. Their security is lax.... I keep seeing floating balls or interplanar portals.

Its not like they've announced any events for next week
Its not like they've given us anything free like cake
Its not like they continue to post on the forums and tease us about upcoming Vast and Mysterious events.
Its not like they are trying to draw previous players back with free playing time and bonus XP
Its not like they have given us music, wallpapers and new avatars

Its not like they have done any of this. Unless of course I've been drunk all this week and missed it all. Then, of course, I take it back.

Knut

The_Cataclysm
02-29-2008, 10:32 AM

It was probably just luck.

MysticTheurge
02-29-2008, 10:33 AM

No. "Exactly" you've said it too many times.

;) :p

Cowdenicus
02-29-2008, 10:34 AM
I agree. I mean come on. Its not like they are really doing anything at all. They are trying to save on electric bills in the Marketplace. They booted some vendors who didn't pay their rent. Their security is lax.... I keep seeing floating balls or interplanar portals.

Its not like they've announced any events for next week
Its not like they've given us anything free like cake
Its not like they continue to post on the forums and tease us about upcoming Vast and Mysterious events.
Its not like they are trying to draw previous players back with free playing time and bonus XP
Its not like they have given us music, wallpapers and new avatars

Its not like they have done any of this. Unless of course I've been drunk all this week and missed it all. Then, of course, I take it back.

Knut

Yeah this is the absolute worst anniversary event evah.

In fact it is so bad it is worthy of a classic:

DDOOooOOOooOOoOOOOooOooOOoooOOoooOOOooOOmmmmmmmmm! !!!!one111!!!!11!11!!1!ELEVENTY111!!!!!

Cowdenicus
02-29-2008, 10:36 AM
No. "Exactly" you've said it too many times.

;) :p

It was probably just luck.

Man, I cant win for losing around here with you guys.

dragnmoon
02-29-2008, 10:37 AM

Does no one read Shel Silverstein anymore? ..Jeez ;):rolleyes::p

dragnmoon
02-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Vanash, I have a question you should be able to answer...:D

If I am drinking beer while posting on the forums, is that social drinking?..:D

Rkik_Dnec
02-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Doh!

And to think that I just restarted my account. :P It's not like I regret anything.

Cowdenicus
02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Vanash, I have a question you should be able to answer...:D

If I am drinking beer while posting on the forums, is that social drinking?..:D

Let me answer your question with a question....

If I am drinking before 11 am, what kind of shape will I be in to heal for the raid tonight :D

The_Cataclysm
02-29-2008, 10:42 AM

If I am drinking before 11 am, what kind of shape will I be in to heal for the raid tonight :D

You should ask Sefuss about the time he was so drunk that he passed out for half an hour during a Titan raid and was dead in lava.

dragnmoon
02-29-2008, 10:44 AM

Well it is 5:45 PM here, and I will not have to worry about it, I am leaving the guild... Don't you eva read the guilds forums?...Jeez!!!:D

Cowdenicus
02-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Well it is 5:45 PM here, and I will not have to worry about it, I am leaving the guild... Don't you eva read the guilds forums?...Jeez!!!:D

Do I have to log in lol.

dragnmoon
02-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Do I have to log in lol.

Yup... remembering passwords is fun!

TommyBoy
02-29-2008, 10:58 AM
with in 30 secs of reading already told 4 pepes that they will be there whether they want to or not

VonBek
02-29-2008, 11:06 AM
It almost reads like a "Year in Review". I like that. When you think about the last year in Stormreach, it almost makes your head explode. :rolleyes:

Psst: Thanks Quarion!

Raelg14
02-29-2008, 11:12 AM

Hooray!!!!!!!!

DelScorcho
02-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Boo to the enhanced XP without +1 loot. Right now way too many people don't know how to run their high leveled characters. This enhanced xp weekend will just make the problem worse.

Cowdenicus
02-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Boo to the enhanced XP without +1 loot. Right now way too many people don't know how to run their high leveled characters. This enhanced xp weekend will just make the problem worse.

How would higher loot help that situation?

MysticTheurge
02-29-2008, 11:39 AM

Because with more Uber Loot you don't need to worry about knowing how to play your character...

Or something.

Griphon
02-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Is it me?

Or didn't Giant Hold come in between Searing Heights and the Abbot?

/Jedi Mind trick on

There is no Giant Hold. These aren't the Relics you're looking for.

/Jedi Mind trick off

thatguy
02-29-2008, 11:55 AM

Tell us how you really feel, don't hold back now.

Sefuss
02-29-2008, 12:45 PM
You should ask Sefuss about the time he was so drunk that he passed out for half an hour during a Titan raid and was dead in lava.

A sign of a professional piker. It takes lots of skill (booze) to gain those talents. I debated whether it would be easier for group to annoyingly have to tell me to go to this door, hit that puzzle, go here, OR take a lava nap and catch ya in the end. I think I chose quite selflessly for the group:D

DelScorcho
02-29-2008, 01:03 PM

Because given a choice, more people would run the loot (based upon experiences of the last few enhanced loot weekends). Instead, during this period, people will be powerleveling their bards, rogues, and other character types they've never played. Come May 8, we'll be up to our ***** with poorly built bards that don't know how to sing, poorly built rogues that can't spot traps,
and other assorted useless puggies.

I also doubt enhanced xp will be much of a lure for people who have left and are now playing WoW. If the intention was to bring back defectors, I just don't see it.

Velorn
02-29-2008, 01:20 PM

Thank You Quarion...This is going to be one heluva celebration. I got my cake and ate it too. My 3 lowbees will not be low for long:D:D

Beherit_Baphomar
02-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Because with more Uber Loot you don't need to worry about knowing how to play your character....

Not sure why you'd have to comment like this, MT.

Some people like playing for loot, some dont. Why you'd have to be derogatory towards those who do is beyond me.

MysticTheurge
02-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Not sure why you'd have to comment like this, MT.

Some people like playing for loot, some dont. Why you'd have to be derogatory towards those who do is beyond me.

Hey! There's a ton of people with Uber Loot that know how to play their characters, and I wasn't trying to say anything to the contrary (though in retrospect I can see how it might sound like I was).

That one was just a miscommunication. I don't have anything in for the Uber Loot people. (Though I could do without the "We need another +1 loot weekend" people. The uber loot we've got already is uber enough if you ask me.)

Chalk it up to the lack of tone in written text.

Dimicron
02-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Yay for bonus XP!!!

Is there going to be a separate +1 loot day? :)

Issip
02-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Would be nice to see some loot too - although I think the top tier of the loot table is broken anyway (e.g. no improved potency 8 items in existence).

As far as 25% xp bonus, I hope that gets DDO some return customers, but all my toons are either capped, or kept at the level they are at so I have a toon that can play content at that level (prevents all my toons always running the exact some stuff). My feeling has always been that leveling in DDO is too easy and quick to start with - now with no death penalty it's impossible NOT to level rapidly. I just have to ignore the "ready to level" symbol that never goes away and all the neat level-up graphics I get anytime I get 1xp, as playing stupid/suicidal is no longer adequate insurance against pre-mature toon leveling. Maybe a -25% xp weekend so I could play my lowbies without getting all that cumbersome xp?

Some loot would be nice but I don't expect it as I think they have issues with the high-end tables.

My worste fear is that many of the people who left DDO left because their toons were capped and they were out of content. Speeding them back toward capped and out of content at an accesllerated pace will accellerate their desire to leave again.

Cinwulf
02-29-2008, 04:13 PM
aww, I like +1 loot :( bring it back! :)

dragnmoon
02-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Quick question.... +25% exp in explorer zones to? *My crystal ball says most likely not, but It has been wrong in the past*

Hakushi
02-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Play your old characters, check out the 2nd Anniversary celebration events, and earn +25% bonus experience! Just log into your DDO account from March 5-11, 2008 and we'll take care of the fun and adventure.

This is a great thing, and I agree the +1 loot is not needed, the 25% xp week is an awesome idea. :)

Defeat the fearsome Black Abbot raid boss, and the deadly new landscape The Necropolis!

Isn't the lanscape called The Orchard of the Macabre. :rolleyes:

dungeonrat07
03-01-2008, 02:09 AM
I wish there were more spells for my wizard! There is no spider climb, fly, polymorph, and other type spells that are not blaster type spells! The loot my wizards keeps getting is not good for wizards and the rip off you get when you sale it in the market is an insult!

I would like to see some better feats for the wizards but I have to be stuck with trip and sundar which are NOT GOOD FEATS FOR MY WIZARD! If the game is going to be like WOW over powered monster and wizards spells that do lite damage and are made to grab agro on wizards! Then there is no point!!! I was in POP the other day and my magic missile only did 8 points of damage to a shadow wolf or what ever it was and it grab agro on me and would not quit! DID not matter that the dwarf fighter hit it for three quarts of it is hits it still had agro on me!

At the end of the quest I had more expense in damaged equipment than what I got for loot! Is the goal of the game now to break our toons bank account? Whats going to happen when I can no longer afford to fix my equipment, just be broke all the time! With out equipment, the finances, and a better choices in spells and feats, the game will grind to a halt! Kind of like what the economy is doing now in America!!

smatt
03-01-2008, 02:13 AM

Xoriat :rolleyes:

I'll take the 25%, time to level a toon :)!

Borror0
03-01-2008, 02:24 AM

He simply meant that, with a 25% XP bonus, people will get higher level by running less quests thus knowing less how to play their character as "practice makes perfect", like we say.

smodge13
03-01-2008, 06:20 AM
why did i read this thread AFTER paying for the game today?
wish i had of waited a week
Owel 138% download complete

Cowdenicus
03-01-2008, 07:04 AM
He simply meant that, with a 25% XP bonus, people will get higher level by running less quests thus knowing less how to play their character as "practice makes perfect", like we say.

I understand what he meant, the point of the matter though is higher loot will not help somebody play their character better.

Kreaper
03-01-2008, 07:30 AM
No. Better loot does not make you a better player. But some of us get such lousy loot all the time that we appreciate a little boost now and then.

Angelus_dead
03-01-2008, 08:11 AM
As the Gates of Death open, the Black Abbot beckons Stormreach’s finest to witness the birth of a god. The hour of ascension is upon us! Can Eberron’s newest deity be defeated?
*Defeat the fearsome Black Abbot raid boss, and the deadly new landscape The Necropolis!
That's simply false advertising. It is.

You shouldn't promise stuff you won't deliver... all that can happen is disappointment. You Turbine marketers need to either hush up about the Black Abbot and pretend that raid doesn't exist, or push the content developers to fix it.

BGP
03-01-2008, 09:41 AM
That's simply false advertising. It is.

You shouldn't promise stuff you won't deliver... all that can happen is disappointment. You Turbine marketers need to either hush up about the Black Abbot and pretend that raid doesn't exist, or push the content developers to fix it.

Pay attention. It has been beaten. Just because you haven't doesn't mean it is false advertising. It means you need to work more at it. It is not a broken raid. It is a tough raid that is prone to failure through a variety of reasons.

MysticTheurge
03-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Pay attention. It has been beaten. Just because you haven't doesn't mean it is false advertising. It means you need to work more at it. It is not a broken raid. It is a tough raid that is prone to failure through a variety of reasons.

Heck, the marketing spiel even says "Can Eberron's newest deity be defeated?"

To which the answer is, apparently, "Not by most people thanks to laggy connections and unforgiving puzzle design."

dillonsai150
03-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Is that 25% XP just for people returning too the game or will all paying customers benefit from that?

With any luck the +25% will be handed to all of the player base, Old and New alike.
But then again,
hope for the best, but Expect the Worse

Angelus_dead
03-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Pay attention. It has been beaten. Just because you haven't doesn't mean it is false advertising.
Oh but it IS false. To anyone without an absurd level of dedication to playing the game far past the normal point of considering it fun, that raid is IMPOSSIBLE. Thus for the lapsed subscribers to whom that advertisement is directed, the claim is false: defeating the Black Abbot is NOT something they can do, or even try to do.

If they log into the game, join a party, and ask around about maybe trying the Black Abbot in a few days, everyone will tell them "That's stupidly broke, don't waste our time trying"

Tolero
03-01-2008, 02:26 PM
With any luck the +25% will be handed to all of the player base, Old and New alike.
But then again,

Yup, +25% for new and old alike! :) Enjoy!

Spell
03-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Now now. Don't go misleading those that might come back.
It's not really crafting now is it? It's more like grinding, raid item crafting.

GlassCannon
03-02-2008, 01:47 AM
I would like to type a small novel as to what my particular Wish is... not choose from a list... though the Shrine sure is helpful in The Shroud Part 5(Arraetrikos, battle 2)...

My caster would require a small novel, my Ranger as well... +1 to a stat seems too small these days.... I want more cake!

Oh, and Angelus please stop trolling. ;)

GlassCannon
03-02-2008, 01:55 AM
My birthday is May 12th... can I have some more cake then?

And a real Wish?

;)

Trugaard
03-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Extra XP? What does XP stand for and what house is this in?

Dralion
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
So I re-activated my account to come back for the week and see how things have changed. When you go into the account management there's no option for "Take a week FREE" so I selected the 1 month subscription option.

Your not going to charge me 1 months subscription are you Turbine? A fraction more detail on exactly how the process is going to work would be appreciated.

dredgesclone
03-05-2008, 01:15 AM
too late now

luizofoca
03-05-2008, 04:53 AM
i was wondering the same..
its already march 5th but i still cannot get into the game?
when the come back week starts??

Wizzly_Bear
03-05-2008, 07:37 AM
not sure when it starts, waiting on the xp boost myself. from what they said though, sounds like you just log in...once it starts that is. they should've given a time.

ColsonJade
03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Start please!

PhantomDave
03-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Still no word on what's up with this not working?

Ninety
03-05-2008, 09:27 AM
someone forgot to flip a switch

Josh
03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Yay Bonus XP but no Bonus Loot.

Someone's catching on.

Yes, bonus xp for someone who is capped is such a great benefit.

Bravo.

Quarren
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
when are we going to be allowed in the persistent online world of DDO?

Laith
03-05-2008, 10:33 AM
So I re-activated my account to come back for the week and see how things have changed. When you go into the account management there's no option for "Take a week FREE" so I selected the 1 month subscription option.

Your not going to charge me 1 months subscription are you Turbine? A fraction more detail on exactly how the process is going to work would be appreciated.

as the OP said:

we're inviting our previous players to come and enjoy all of the new DDO content for FREE from March 5-11, 2008!

Just log into your DDO account from March 5-11, 2008 and we'll take care of the fun and adventure.
that's it: you don't need to activate, they'll do that for you.

too late now though, as mentioned previously. you'll be charged for the month you asked for.

Wizzly_Bear
03-05-2008, 10:41 AM
as the OP said:

that's it: you don't need to activate, they'll do that for you.

too late now though, as mentioned previously. you'll be charged for the month you asked for.
they cant yet. same as we cant get our bonnus xp yet. hasnt been activated and theyre not telling us when it will be.

Boldrin
03-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes, bonus xp for someone who is capped is such a great benefit.

Bravo.

Roll a new toon

Quarren
03-05-2008, 11:03 AM
I imagine they will have to take the servers offline to enable dxp.

Gorgarr
03-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Been on since early this morning before work BUT NO EXP.... Way to drop the ball again Turbine. When is this company going to do what it says its going to do. I would have lost my job like 50 times if i kept missing deadline like this.

Guardian69
03-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Maybe they really meant March 6th. :)
Still showing me as "Inactive" after 12:00PM 3-5-08
G

Wizzly_Bear
03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Maybe they really meant March 6th. :)
Still showing me as "Inactive" after 12:00PM 3-5-08
G
the more time goes by, the more im thinking they will have it coiincide with tonight's event, which is just lame.

Wizzly_Bear
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
its live now

Christoph
03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
the more time goes by, the more im thinking they will have it coiincide with tonight's event, which is just lame.

Yeah I know, having stuff coincide with a live event would TOTALLY suck. That's why we should all just cancel our accounts and stop flaming the boards.

bobster6691
03-05-2008, 12:15 PM
it is not live yet. that is a lie. i go to try and log in and it says in inactive. under the resume menu there is no option to play 7 days free. it would be really great if we could get someone who actually works for turbine to answer our questions. why isn't this event live yet? its been march 5 for 10 hours now.

Wizzly_Bear
03-05-2008, 12:23 PM
it is not live yet. that is a lie. i go to try and log in and it says in inactive. under the resume menu there is no option to play 7 days free. it would be really great if we could get someone who actually works for turbine to answer our questions. why isn't this event live yet? its been march 5 for 10 hours now.
hmm...odd, xp weent live

MysticTheurge
03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
it is not live yet. that is a lie. i go to try and log in and it says in inactive.

Did you try just logging into the game anyway?

kaosodin
03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
for some reason it wont let me log in to play, i am a returning player, checking it out becasue of the free week of play. and it still tells me that my account is expired and i cant play. hmmmmm any suggestions?

kripkeepr
03-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Still can't log into my old account . . .

bobster6691
03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I would "just log in" but the next button is grayed out. nothing i can do but hit the refresh button hoping that little inactive will change to an active. the xp my be live but the old accounts certainly havent been activated. perhaps someone in game could ask a gm about it?

Cowsong
03-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Trying to return for another look after a long time away. Entering username and password gives an Expired Subscription message and a Reactivate button which takes you to your account management page. There are only paid and GC options in there as far as I can find :(

bobster6691
03-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Trying to return for another look after a long time away. Entering username and password gives an Expired Subscription message and a Reactivate button which takes you to your account management page. There are only paid and GC options in there as far as I can find :(

he speaks the truth....please....someone....anyone........make.. ..it....work

bobster6691
03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
*bump*

in a futile attempt to get a dev to respond

bobster6691
03-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Its Active!!!!!!!!!! Hoooorraaaayyyyy!!!!!!

Falkon
03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Please try logging in again. That's all I get trying to log in. HELP

Hecyra
03-05-2008, 01:11 PM
My old account says it's active now, so I log in, choose a server (Argonessan) and get through the intro movie. On the next part (authenticating perhaps?) it crashes after a couple seconds and gives me the error at desktop that tells me to try logging in again. I've turned off my firewall, tried relogging numerous times, no luck. BUT.... I activated a 10 day trial last week, and I can log in on that account without any problems, so it's obviously not a problem with my computer. Anyone else having problems like this?

DemonShikuzu
03-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Yes, i am too. I tried speaking with someone from accounting BUT no one is on >.<. I did the same thing you did with the 10 acct thingy. GRRR i want my old characters!!!!!

legbaddo
03-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Wow, this is quite a red carpet that Turbine rolled for us returning players to try again :)

Hopefully its clear in an hour when I get home :)

Rosemary
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
I have crashed during the $9.99 per month advertisement, too. Hopefully, it will be fixed in short order.

Rammy_Rumdrinker
03-05-2008, 01:29 PM
getting this error as well, anyone hear if it will be fixed soon or whats causing this?

Falkon
03-05-2008, 01:34 PM
For those of us that havent played in awhile, they merged a bunch of servers quite awhile ago so.... maby it cant "authenticate" where our old toons are now heh. Just a thought, and not mine :P

JohnSmackbuggy
03-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I am getting the same authentication error. Interestingly enuff, my account on the turbine billing pages is still listed as INACTIVE despite it being listed as active on the patcher.

You know I left DDO because of alot of shoddy patches, and downright ridiculous BS from a few GM's. I remember back then, after a 5 or 6 hour raid we found out that the final boss in a quest was bugged and basically immortal, submitted petitions and we where told to wait. While we waited they closed the instance and made it impossible to enter the mission if you weren't on it. Then we waited 3 hours doing absolutely nothing while GM's forwarded us around to other GM's and kept promising to help. Finally they said sorry bout your luck and told us they couldn't do anything about it and sorry for inconveniencing us for 3 hours. I told the GM directly that i thought that was a bad customer relations deal, and they told me something to the effect of "well if you leave we have other subscribers". I left that night. It also took them more then 2 weeks to fix that quest.

Sad to see not much has changed.

Blaydsong
03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I posted this elsewhere, but I'll post it here too.

I'm also getting the 'authentication error'. I managed to get into a server once, but left, because none of my old characters were there. Now it keeps telling me to try logging in again. Haven't tried the 10-day trail, and I don't care to. I just want to play with as little hassle as possible. =p

JohnSmackbuggy
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM
I posted this elsewhere, but I'll post it here too.

I'm also getting the 'authentication error'. I managed to get into a server once, but left, because none of my old characters were there. Now it keeps telling me to try logging in again. Haven't tried the 10-day trail, and I don't care to. I just want to play with as little hassle as possible. =p

Yeah I could get on 1 of the servers, and I know I didn't have a char on that one. It could be a merging issue as I have not been able to log on to any server with characters. However I am fairly certain the server i started on is one that still exists. Between these issues, and the fact my https://billing.turbine.com/ account still shows inactive it's a no-go.

yojibalinese
03-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Mmmm. I was so looking forward to coming back to DDO, to check out what crafting was like and what my two old level capped (I left when the cap was still 10!) could do now with solo content. Unfortunately, these sorts of issues (no time table to get in, poor communication, can't figure out where my characters went), are the reason I left DDO and went back to WoW.

Edix
03-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, says I'm active but when i try to join it give me an error "An authentication error occurred. Please try logging in again."

Since this is all free I'm not going to complain. But huh yeah can't log in. :(

yojibalinese
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Anyone happen to know what sever Tharashk got combined into?

Edit: Found the list

New Server Details

We'll be combining the source servers on the left into the destination servers on the right.

Mabar becomes Argonnessen
Fernia becomes Ghallanda
Lhazaar becomes Ghallanda
Aerenal becomes Sarlona
Adar becomes Sarlona
Aundair becomes Khyber
Riedra becomes Khyber
Xoriat becomes Thelanis
Tharashk becomes Thelanis

bobster6691
03-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I was able to log in once. however i logged out to read up on the cake in the forums and now im getting the authentication error. this makes me want to cry

Falkon
03-05-2008, 02:00 PM
From the tech support forum- "I talked with account management (tech support sent me there). They know about the issue, but I would call or go online and chat with them about it anyway. They said they are working on it."

So hopefully its resolved soon, but with all this hoopla, we should get an extra day to play imo.

MysticTheurge
03-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Anyone happen to know what sever Tharashk got combined into?

Welcome back to Thelashkriat!

dredgesclone
03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I was able to log in once. however i logged out to read up on the cake in the forums and now im getting the authentication error. this makes me want to cry

me too!
I can log onto a server with no toons but the one that I have been merged onto gets the error.

mi'kmaq
03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
"here a free week for all the player who have been away from the game" oh and did you see that we have lots of bugs still and your going to miss a day of the free week because of it.

well we hope that when the servers "do" go up that you will buy some more of our bugs.

Cremmish
03-05-2008, 02:37 PM
All servers are up now for me.

squibb
03-05-2008, 02:54 PM
lies!:mad:

Ironwind
03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks to Turbine and the DDO Devs for the Anniversary Live Event, the Cake of Wishes and the week long +25&#37; xp!!!

As a player who has been with DDO for only a few months, I'm happy to say that DDO continues to be a wonderful gaming experience.

Please ignore the trolls and flamers. Happy people play DDO; miserable people complain. The silent majority are in Stormreach.

Braid_Baldurman
03-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Last night I was thinking of coming back to D&DO and about 11 PM went on the D&DO Official Website and saw to my pleasant surprise that they were going to have this free week for people to come back in celebration of D&DO's second aniversary!! Woohoo I thought destinty is calling me back to the land of Ebberon!!! So I logged onto MY Account after midnight and hit the Resume button and chose the 6 month option so if I was satisfied with what the game was like now I would get it for $9.95 a month....But then I realized there was no mention of my free trial week.....Soooooo today after 12 Noon I called customer service at Turbine and the customer service rep set it up so that I could play till the 11th and if I decide I do not want to continue they will refund my credit card the money as long as I let them by the 11th!!! Problem solved! Hail Turbine!!:D:D:D

MysticTheurge
03-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Last night I was thinking of coming back to D&DO and about 11 PM went on the D&DO Official Website and saw to my pleasant surprise that they were going to have this free week for people to come back in celebration of D&DO's second aniversary!! Woohoo I thought destinty is calling me back to the land of Ebberon!!! So I logged onto MY Account after midnight and hit the Resume button and chose the 6 month option so if I was satisfied with what the game was like now I would get it for $9.95 a month....But then I realized there was no mention of my free trial week.....Soooooo today after 12 Noon I called customer service at Turbine and the customer service rep set it up so that I could play till the 11th and if I decide I do not want to continue they will refund my credit card the money as long as I let them by the 11th!!! Problem solved! Hail Turbine!!:D:D:D

Get out of town!

Everyone knows that DDO has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVAR!!!1!

;)

Braid_Baldurman
03-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Get out of town!
:D
Everyone knows that DDO has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVAR!!!1!

;)

No I swear tis all true and I only had to hold for a couple minutes.... A HAPPY CAMPER THATS WHAT I AM YES SIRREE BOB!!!:D:D:D

Jonas_Parteen
03-05-2008, 09:58 PM
to make you feel like it was back in the begining when you had to wait for 20 minutes loading into any tavern. that is what is going on with the devil fights each night. Save yourself the headache, I have already lost one member of the guild who is leaving to go back to WOW.

WilbyZ
03-05-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm a returning Player (on Khyber) and for the past 7hrs everything has been working (just a few drop outs and lagging issues, nothing unusual).

Lets see if I can cap out my toons within 7 days :)

Manticore_Falco
03-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Well, I've only run a couple of dungeons since I came back, but I'm definitely enjoying it. I'm not sure if I'll be resuming my subscription--I love LOTRO, and I can't afford two MMOs--but when my situation changes, I know that I will be. :)

Though going to a dungeon in Jester's Haunt at level 2 when there's a big swirling portal over the entrance to the Haunt may not have been my best idea ever.

query
03-06-2008, 04:43 AM
I capped my primary days into the release 6 for survivability in the Vale and raid, now I get diddly for that effort. I don't like loot weekends per se, but if you're going to up the XP, it would have been nice (at least consistant) to +1 the treasure tables I have the worst luck on ever (except rainbow in the dark, but that's a whole other weirdness..)

I like now I can advance my other PC's but how about thanking the heroes of ledgend in some way that Bob the L 2 dedede I got is not identically done in the same way?

(And no, I REALLY don't have a PC like L2 Bob, but I *DID* play a "Dum as Post" but high wis barbarian/Battlelord of Tempest named Bob..."sounds the same the other way too!")

Oh, want to REALLY make us feel welcome, rehire all those displaced tent vendors and give their families food you heartless devs you :p

yojibalinese
03-06-2008, 05:01 AM
I have not played this game since March of last year. ^__^ I was in the beta, I'm a founder and I even won the first screen shot contest! However, I left DDO because it became stagnant. With 3 level capped characters and no desire to make another as well as no hope on the horizon for anything new save the marketplace, I left DDO.

I spent yesterday morning attempting to log into the game. I spent yesterday afternoon on these forums, still unable to log in, and I also attempted to call customer support. When I managed to finally log in, it was laggy, my characters all have -Tharashk tagged onto their first names, and my UI was all bunched up on top of each other.

So, after a few hours attempting to run around between the Houses and the Marketplace, I finally just gave up. Thanks for inviting us back for a free week, but 4 hours (plus the customer service PLUS the lack of developers on the forums) has reminded me why I left in the first place. Good luck everyone.

namad1
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
yeah.. i'm so ****ed all my best names have been STOLEN!! they were my names dagnabit... i guess it was first come first serve during the merge ? oh well

woodmage
03-07-2008, 03:14 AM
When you welcome someone back, it's customary to invite them in...

Downloaded the game, installed, installed the files that were messed up in the installation, patched, managed to figure out one connection error only to get slammed to a halt by the Game Error [201] message.

Support tried to help, but both Live Chat and Email support kept referring to lotro, not ddo... I don't know if they use the same troubleshooting scripts, but I'm not exactly inspired with confidence by support telling me to work on a game I don't own.

Won't be able to get in by this weekend, so I can't evaluate as to whether I want to play the game... maybe if you do this again next year, I'll see if I can get the game working. In the meantime, back to City of Heroes.

Have fun!

MysticTheurge
03-07-2008, 07:09 AM
i guess it was first come first serve during the merge ? oh well

No, actually, there was an algorithm involving which characters had been made first and which characters had been played within a certain period of time.

It certainly didn't favor people who were gone a long time ago and then came back, but it seemed pretty fair at the time.

Braid_Baldurman
03-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Well, as a returning member I have been enjoying myself very much All my characters were there intact waiting for me ,but I created a new char and have soloed almost all the quests I completed with him. I don't think they had an option for solo when I was playing a couple years ago but I could be wrong.....My only problem was going line dead and losing connection several times ( I play on Argonessen sorry about spelling)... This never happens to me in other MMOs I play so I am not sure why it was happening here.