PDA

View Full Version : Petition for HP/SP bar revamp

ThrasherGT
02-27-2008, 02:43 PM
OK, I know this might take a little bit of work, But the time has come for an improved HP/SP bar! I'm not talking about anything ground breaking here, But I for one would like to see My AC and To-Hit numbers displayed on the right side of the bar. I mean it's two little numbers that are already displayed in the inventory screen at the bottom, so they just need to be moved the the HP/SP bar. If it is kept as simple as possible, it shouldn't be too much work..............

Please?

Sheezgame
02-27-2008, 08:13 PM
This would actually be quite nice, I often find I am opening my char screen to check my to-hit etc. Even if they had the bottom part of the char sheet as detachable or a separate screen might be okay. But it's probably just as easy for them to beef up the HP bar as you say.

Probably not of the highest priorities but should go on the list of "Would be nice" requests.

BlueLightBandit
02-28-2008, 07:56 AM
It's already been done.

UI Skinning ftw.

The devs have reached the point where they've said "You want, it... you do it yourself."

Sheezgame
02-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Is the UI skinning complicated enough to do this sort of thing though? From the screen shots I saw it was pretty much just changing the artwork for the existing interface, rather than creating your own interface panels etc.

MysticTheurge
02-28-2008, 09:59 AM
You can also get one of those keyboards, right?

Strakeln
02-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Is the UI skinning complicated enough to do this sort of thing though? From the screen shots I saw it was pretty much just changing the artwork for the existing interface, rather than creating your own interface panels etc.That's my understanding as well.

frederjoe1
02-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Being as I play a Cleric alot, while in a party or raid group I would love for the other characters HP/SP be overlaid on the blue and red bars on the screen so it would be easier to figure out what the best cure spell would be, we are supposed to be the healer class so why wouldn't we have the expertise to know what the best spell would be to cure the recipient...I know that I can approximate right now based on class and such, but it would be nice and a better indicator for mana management.

This may be a lot harder than it sounds but man I would love something like this.

Dimicron
02-28-2008, 10:34 AM
That's my understanding as well.

Is this possible to do on the G15 keyboard? I do have one of those, and was pretty happy that now it shows my HP and SP on it's LCD. It would be nice if I could set it up to show more info though. Is there a list anywhere(or has anyone out there with more programming/skinning knowledge than I ever experimented with) of what info/variables/whatever is accessible for use in skinning/adding feature to the UI or for the LCD on the keyboard?

Memnir
02-28-2008, 10:35 AM
The skinning of the UI is just that... splashing a fresh coat of paint over the existing artwork - maybe tweaking the art design itself as much as space requirements allow. What is does not allow is what the OP is talking about, which is an addition or change to the UI code itself.

MysticTheurge
02-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Is this possible to do on the G15 keyboard?

Yeah, that's the one. It doesn't already show these things?

Albel
02-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, that's the one. It doesn't already show these things?

no, only HP and SP for those that have SP bars.