PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Not Delayed By Storm

Sir_Lawrence
02-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Hail Citizens of Stormreach!

It has been brought to our attention that foul weather has been persisting in the region, and citizens have expressed concern that this may delay or cancel the Stormreach Rebirth Celebration. There have also been rumors that something is amiss in the city, which also may threaten the party. Please be assured that the Coin Lords have taken every precaution to ensure the party will take place as planned. Extra security will be on hand to assist citizens, thanks to the support of the Twelve. Citizens may now enjoy their cakes as promised, and should still plan on attending the celebration party on Sul, Therendor 2nd (Sunday, March 2nd). This will be a celebration never to be forgotten, and we hope to see you there!

totmacher
02-27-2008, 12:01 PM
in the words of the great Admiral Ackbar,

http://www.ackbar.org/images/ackbar.jpg

IT'S A TRAP!

RazorrX
02-27-2008, 12:02 PM
If you say so Sir. It is rather dark and gloomy out. There is a feeling of foreboding in the air as if something vast and mysterious is coming to Stormreach.

The cake was quite tasty though, got any more? :)

Seanus
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I must admit, I like the change in the weather. Can we keep it that way? ^^;

Vizzini
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Could this impending doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom possibly be a Spawned PVP Tavern Brawls across all servers? Ooo ooo plllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssssssse!

JayDubya
02-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Wait, that's it! A storm? That's the live event? Come on Turbine, you can do better.

*grin*

Bekki
02-27-2008, 12:06 PM
"I have a Bad feeling about this..." - Han Solo

Vizzini
02-27-2008, 12:09 PM
LOLZ Post edited! ¬.¬ Now who did that!?!

I like this one better....

[edit]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/phuqt/PreyingMantis.jpg

IT'S A TRAP!

ArkoHighStar
02-27-2008, 12:09 PM
"I have a Bad feeling about this..." - Han Solo

Any attack made by the Devils against Stormreach would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they have obtained. Stormreach is now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use it.

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 12:12 PM
what time is this party ??? I bet there is going to be fireworks.....

akla_thornfist
02-27-2008, 12:15 PM
i will be out of town on sunday can you please change the party time to monday:D

Bradik_Losdar
02-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Some Vast and Mysterious power has allowed a number of offensive spells (those allowable in PvP) to be used in the Marketplace now - I sense some uninvited guests coming to the party....

Shaamis
02-27-2008, 12:22 PM
And behold The Pale Horse, for the man that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.....~~~Johnny Ringo

Sir_Lawrence
02-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Now now, calm yourselves good citizens. The sightings are most assuredly just lightening from the storm.

Those who can't make it to the kick off of the festival on the 2nd, I assure you that the 2nd is only the beginning of the festivities for the week.

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Now now, calm yourselves good citizens. The sightings are most assuredly just lightening from the storm.

Those who can't make it to the kick off of the festival on the 2nd, I assure you that the 2nd is only the beginning of the festivities for the week.
time and place Sir lawrence?????

Gengulphus
02-27-2008, 12:35 PM

I don't know about that, Sir Lawrence...

I did not hear any thunder accompanying those flashes...

Attend the party? Yes.

Be on guard? Very yes!

Vizzini
02-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Sir Lawarnce you changing my pics behind my back!? lolz I'm on to you...

Tolero
02-27-2008, 12:39 PM
time and place Sir lawrence?????

Well the festival will be going on all day on the 2nd, but the evening is typically when most patrons find time to stop by. It might be the best time around then since there will be so many more party goers then. But even if you miss the start of the party, the rest of the week will still have festive activities

Edit: Oh and uh, vast & mysterious >> *runs away*

BurnerD
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Any attack made by the Devils against Stormreach would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they have obtained. Stormreach is now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use it.

“Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Tasty Ham.”

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Well the festival will be going on all day on the 2nd, but the evening is typically when most patrons find time to stop by. It might be the best time around then since there will be so many more party goers then. But even if you miss the start of the party, the rest of the week will still have festive activities

man you been replying to me like crazy for the last 3 days or so < feels very important > ...well thanks first of all for responding, I'm off on Sundays but was wondering when was the best time (East coast player) I mean if I stay online all day my wife's going to kill me...I wonder if you wanted the " best posible time to maybe might see something "vast & mysterious" by some rare stroke of luck"...when might that be (hoping for a 3 hr time block hint hint)

Tolero
02-27-2008, 12:57 PM
man you been replying to me like crazy for the last 3 days or so < feels very important > ...well thanks first of all for responding, I'm off on Sundays but was wondering when was the best time (East coast player) I mean if I stay online all day my wife's going to kill me...I wonder if you wanted the " best posible time to maybe might see something "vast & mysterious" by some rare stroke of luck"...when might that be (hoping for a 3 hr time block hint hint)

Don't worry. Sir and I took care to make sure that party festivities will be going off multiple times, and some things for the party will linger, so even if you're not there right when the party activity starts, you can log in later to still catch it :) I know you all have gotten used to us saying "show up at X time for an hour on X server" and we've heard a lot of feed back saying that narrow window makes it too rough on folks to participate, so we're trying something a little different this time.

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Don't worry. Sir and I took care to make sure that party festivities will be going off multiple times, and some things for the party will linger, so even if you're not there right when the party activity starts, you can log in later to still catch it :) I know you all have gotten used to us saying "show up at X time for an hour on X server" and we've heard a lot of feed back saying that narrow window makes it too rough on folks to participate, so we're trying something a little different this time.

hmmmmm wasn't thinking about the other servers,,,I do remember what you are talking about the time slots for all the other servers....I agree I think this is better ...looking forward to sunday .... well I gotta tip my hat you have more exicited than I've been in quite a while to log on and play....(but don't think I've fogotten about wanting to change that pesky flagging mech for Vons and DQ) ...great jobs dev's

Zyerz
02-27-2008, 01:08 PM
I think It´s the 13th eclipse, Ive seen the moons show in the Market, Harbor etc. It´s gonna be fun for mages, but I, Elbandor the Ranger cannot use any attack spells... Anyways, I would like to fight monsters in the Marketplace. DDO team, it would be nice to have more live events more often, and of this kind, so the gamers can enjoy the game further. Also, the spells you can use in market; can you make em always usuable in all stormreach? It´s fun to use em. :D

ArkoHighStar
02-27-2008, 01:11 PM
“Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Tasty Ham.”

Charming to the last. You don't know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your life

BGP
02-27-2008, 01:13 PM

IT'S A TRAP!

I always preferred this trap.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/BGPaul/bride_groom_standing.jpg

Its a trap!

ArkoHighStar
02-27-2008, 01:16 PM
I always preferred this trap.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/BGPaul/bride_groom_standing.jpg

Its a trap!

If you are at that point the trap was sprung long before that:D

BGP
02-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Not me but had to find a quick picture. ;)

Trugaard
02-27-2008, 01:22 PM
...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger,
those who attempt to poison ans destroy by brothers,
and you will know, my name is the Lord.
When I lay my vengeance upon thee! --Jules Winfield (My man in Inglewood) aka Bad Mutha Effer

Brutous
02-27-2008, 01:22 PM

It has been brought to our attention that foul weather has been persisting in the region, and citizens have expressed concern that this may delay or cancel the Stormreach Rebirth Celebration. There have also been rumors that something is amiss in the city, which also may threaten the party. Please be assured that the Coin Lords have taken every precaution to ensure the party will take place as planned. Extra security will be on hand to assist citizens, thanks to the support of the Twelve. Citizens may now enjoy their cakes as promised, and should still plan on attending the celebration party on Sul, Therendor 2nd (Sunday, March 2nd). This will be a celebration never to be forgotten, and we hope to see you there!

Is this the same security force that is suppose to prevent the kidnapping of Arlos, or the protection of the Harbor?

ccheath776
02-27-2008, 01:23 PM

No time listed for it. Is it all day sunday? or at any particular time?

MysticTheurge
02-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Is this the same security force that is suppose to prevent the kidnapping of Arlos, or the protection of the Harbor?

Nah. It's the Coyle's bodyguards.

MysticTheurge
02-27-2008, 01:25 PM

Reading the whole thread, for the win. ;) :p

Spell
02-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I knew we were in trouble when they put Lando in charge of Stormreach!!!

Velorn
02-27-2008, 01:26 PM
With the coming storm and lightning, the Stormreaver rising out of the water sending forth various minions to wreck the celebration and announce his second coming:eek::D:D

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 01:27 PM
...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger,
those who attempt to poison ans destroy by brothers,
and you will know, my name is the Lord.
When I lay my vengeance upon thee! --Jules Winfield (My man in Inglewood) aka Bad Mutha Effer

awesome movie but I prefer the coffe shop scene

yeah I was thinking that we are going to be that security force

all day Sunday is what tolero said in a post although she did say the evening when more people are on would be a good time

EKKM
02-27-2008, 01:30 PM
And behold The Pale Horse, for the man that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.....~~~Johnny Ringo

Hmmmm, I think it might have been in some book or another before it was used in Tombstone ...

Appropriate quote though

MysticTheurge
02-27-2008, 01:31 PM
some book or another

Heh.

arminius
02-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Heh.

Indeed.

_

ccheath776
02-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Terrah looks away after reading the announcement and then begins to walk back out of the marketplace. She sniffs under her breath and shakes her head.
Muckka standing next to her says "What?!"
Terrah turns back.
"A celebration is fine I say. Just bring the ale, but dont count on me showing up without my sword. You know Muckka, You remember what we found after the abbot was defeated. He's still around, even if he hasn't show his face. He's still here."
Muckka "Oh lighten up, they said they would have security.."
"The same security that asked us to deal with the evil wizard, the same security that asks us to save stormreach when it is in peril? The same security that allowed a lich to try to make himself a god? Or perhaps we should ask the Twelve, oh yes, they allowed another plane to invade our world, I'm sure they are more than capable of dealing with any threat that should come upon us." Terrah growled.
Muckka opened her mouth again but Terrah raised her hand.
"Dont worry, i am going. I am not some shrude warrior unfamiliar with the drink. Afterall, you should know that better than I my friend. I like to dance and take back the pints with the best of them. I'm sure it will be fun. there will be singing, there will be dancing, and there will be celebration." She said with a smile.
Terrah turned away satisfied that she had eased her friends mind for now.
As she walked there was one final thought. "And there will be blood."

Pellegro
02-27-2008, 01:47 PM
OK I've managed to crack the "vast & mysterious" code ....

2 words:

Alien. Abductions.

Break out the tin foil hats.

ps. For those who want to complain about trap save DCs, see the above "trap" picture that involves black, white, and kissing. Talk about impossible saves ....

Dratonas
02-27-2008, 01:55 PM
How bout some greensteel axes in the next update conidering half the server is dwarf !!!!!!!!!!!

lakeytw
02-27-2008, 01:56 PM

2 words:

Alien. Abductions.

ps. For those who want to complain about trap save DCs, see the above "trap" picture that involves black, white, and kissing. Talk about impossible saves ....

See the problem is this isnt a reflex save...it is tied to wisdom instead....most rogues dont have very high wisdom...

MysticTheurge
02-27-2008, 01:57 PM
See the problem is this isnt a reflex save...it is tied to wisdom instead....most rogues dont have very high wisdom...

That must be why so many clerics are able to avoid it.

Ranmaru2
02-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Anyone else notice this in the marketplace?

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/Arshelan/ScreenShot00063.jpg

Shaamis
02-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Hmmmm, I think it might have been in some book or another before it was used in Tombstone ...

Appropriate quote though

Curly Bill: "what was that priest saying Johnny?"

Johnny Ringo: "He's quoting the bible."

I just can't remember what part of the bible, Revelations I believe.

Edit: found it :P
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=revelation&#37;206:8-6:8&version=9

revelations; 6:8

knew all of those hours in bible school would warp me enough to find it :D

MysticTheurge
02-27-2008, 02:03 PM

I believe so. It would be the source for the concept of the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse."

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 02:27 PM

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=revelation%206:8-6:8&version=9

I thought it was a latter chapter than 6....

EKKM
02-27-2008, 02:29 PM

cookie for you! (*)

bnrilfun
02-27-2008, 02:34 PM
I just cant tell you guys and gals how excited I am. TO finally have one coming to the Marketplace area. How awesome that they are going to open a Hooters next to the Catacombs entrance.

Thats right folks, a Hooters and Tolero is gonna manage it. This is definately a first, to actually be able to see a Dwarf in Hot pants and a tube top serving wings in hot sauce.

I just hope no dang kobolds show up to ruin the party.

:eek::eek::eek:

ArkoHighStar
02-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I just cant tell you guys and gals how excited I am. TO finally have one coming to the Marketplace area. How awesome that they are going to open a Hooters next to the Catacombs entrance.

Thats right folks, a Hooters and Tolero is gonna manage it. This is definately a first, to actually be able to see a Dwarf in Hot pants and a tube top serving wings in hot sauce.

I just hope no dang kobolds show up to ruin the party.

:eek::eek::eek:

It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
"it appears my Hypocrisy knows no bounds"

Shaamis
02-27-2008, 03:00 PM
It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear

LOL, My Hypocrisy only goes so far.....

awesome. now I have to make a Doc Holiday toon

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 03:02 PM

I'll be ya huckleberry :cool:

Ciaran
02-27-2008, 03:08 PM

For the week?

Bummer - I'll be busy as heck all week at work.

I'll be there Sunday, though, and any moments I can steal away at night!

ArkoHighStar
02-27-2008, 03:11 PM
I'll be ya huckleberry :cool:

Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?
Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.
Wyatt Earp: What does he want?
Doc Holliday: Revenge.
Wyatt Earp: For what?
Doc Holliday: Bein' born.

Tolero
02-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Best... movie... evar!

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?
Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.
Wyatt Earp: What does he want?
Doc Holliday: Revenge.
Wyatt Earp: For what?
Doc Holliday: Bein' born.
good one...

"Shoot doc you should be in bed why you doing this"
"Wyatt Earp is my firend"
"hell Doc I got lots of friends"
"I don't"

I love that as Doc lies there closer to death than we know

Best... movie... evar!

it's a good one no doubt

cdbd3rd
02-27-2008, 03:56 PM

/Lifts swashbucklin' cap to show foil-lined interior. ;)

Oh, you can save against it, but it is a most unusual trap. No matter what the die roll is, you lose half your plat, half your material components, and that one uber loot item you really cherish.:rolleyes:

cdbd3rd
02-27-2008, 03:57 PM
good one...

"Shoot doc you should be in bed why you doing this"
"Wyatt Earp is my friend"
"hell Doc I got lots of friends"
"I don't"

/Seconded. favoritest quote ever. ;) :(

Second only to (from Knight's Tale):

"There she goes, the love of your life.
Aye, and how I hate her."

http://home.att.net/~cdbd3rd/bugeye.gif

Jaywade
02-27-2008, 03:58 PM
"what would you do Johnie?"
"I already made my deal"

EKKM
02-27-2008, 04:08 PM

IllBeYour Huckleberry
Neutral Human Ranger 12 (ranged)/Fighter 2 (good at fighting)/rogue 2(seems appropriate)

STR 12 - 4 pts - not strong, not weak
DEX 18 - 16 pts - ranged, card tricks piano
CON 8 - 0 pts - tuberculosis does this
INT 14 - 6 pts
WIS 8 - 0 pts duels, chasing bandits while on deathbed
CHR 14 - 6 pts - bluff (cards), intimidate (obvious one), just being really cool

Take feats enhancements for crossbows

Anyone else got any ideas?

DrAwkward
02-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Stormreach Rebirth Celebration.

This whole "Rebirth" thing has me creeped out.

Maybe we'll all have to convert to 4th Edition.

Maybe thats the Horrible Doom that Velah forsaw.

Maybe every time somebody eats a cake it brings Stormreach a little closer to Vast and Mysterious destruction.

Maybe its time for my meds.

Yajerman01
02-27-2008, 04:19 PM
well there are really only two quotes you need to remeber, albeit, ill give the noted Tombstone lines their due respect.

First, if there are any true souls in here with an ounce of dignity, you would agree that the following lines are immortal above any:

Dennis: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays... ]

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Secondly, Now if your still with me, anyone who is married, silently agreed with this line from the Terminator, (dont lie):

"It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Suffice to say, I call my wife "T"

query
02-27-2008, 06:37 PM
To the Lobster no less!

[Begins equipping Blue Dragon Scale Docent, Amulet of the Stormreaver, Gr Lightning Prot item. Begins casting Resist Electricity, Prot Energy: Electricity, Globe of Invunerbility, Otto's Irrestable Dance....]

Why nothing to worry about fellow citizen. Just, getting ready for the dance part of the celebration, it's electric! Move along move along....yes yes, that IS an interesting glyph on the harbor Giles, not seen since the LAST great civilization here...yes I hope it doesn't rain too.....

(Oh yeah, Cerulean ABSOLUTELY trusts extra security that was originally hired by the 12 before we had to step in and clean up that Shavarrath mess.....)

suitepotato
02-27-2008, 07:07 PM
This whole "Rebirth" thing has me creeped out.

Maybe we'll all have to convert to 4th Edition.

Maybe thats the Horrible Doom that Velah forsaw.

Maybe every time somebody eats a cake it brings Stormreach a little closer to Vast and Mysterious destruction.

Maybe its time for my meds.

Just pray that they didn't go all Internet in-jokey and make it a Stormreach Unbirthing Celebration.

That would be nasty.

TechNoFear
02-27-2008, 08:38 PM

I have grown (not sure if 'grown' is the right word) partial to 2Kings2:23. [run a search in the link]

I suppose it shows how the meek will inherit the earth, if that’s all right with the rest of you.

The fact that it contains the answer to the life, the universe and everything is coincidental...

BurnerD
02-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Charming to the last. You don't know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your life

I'm surprised that you had the courage to take the responsibility yourself.

Pellegro
02-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Just pray that they didn't go all Internet in-jokey and make it a Stormreach Unbirthing Celebration.

That would be nasty.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/mcpine/UnbirthPika.jpg

captain1z
02-27-2008, 09:34 PM
"OH! I'm afraid the shields will be quite operational when your friends arrive"

I will be organizing a citizens patrol on sunday.

PUGS of stormreach unite.

Attomic
02-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Express elevator to Hell, goin' down!

Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

jacobzzz
02-27-2008, 10:17 PM
kinda funny its my real b-day march 2... yay partay!

GeneFrenkle
02-27-2008, 10:33 PM
You just listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express an' take his advice on a dark and stormy night when some wild-eyed eight-foot tall maniac grabs your neck an' taps the back of your favorite head up against a barroom wall. An' he looks you crooked in the eye an' he asks if you've paid your dues. You look right back at that big sucker an' remember what Jack Burton always says at times like that. "Have
you paid your dues, Jack" "No, sir, I've just charged 'em." Just remember what old Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it.

DelScorcho
02-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Will there be punch and pie?

More people will come if there's punch and pie.

- E. Cartman

studentx
02-28-2008, 01:57 AM

2 words:

Alien. Abductions.

Two words:

Minos Legens

Nightbreeze
02-28-2008, 05:08 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/mcpine/UnbirthPika.jpg

EEEEWWWWW!!!!!

SciFiCowboy
02-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Storm or not, we'll celebrate. I wouldn't put it past the defeated Pit Fiend to work through his minions to attempt some ill fated invasion of Stormreach. Have a good time, but stay alert. If portals start popping up in Stormreach I think killing some Devils will just add to the celebration.

Yajerman01
02-28-2008, 09:13 AM
You just listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express an' take his advice on a dark and stormy night when some wild-eyed eight-foot tall maniac grabs your neck an' taps the back of your favorite head up against a barroom wall. An' he looks you crooked in the eye an' he asks if you've paid your dues. You look right back at that big sucker an' remember what Jack Burton always says at times like that. "Have
you paid your dues, Jack" "No, sir, I've just charged 'em." Just remember what old Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it.

Big trouble in little Stormreach? :)

Jaywade
02-28-2008, 09:23 AM

You know that is a very underrated movue IMO....sure it is campy but that's half the fun I think....love when one of the "3" puffs up and blows....very funny..... also the "courage potion" very funny ....I thought the jack line was the check's in the mail...maybe that's st the start of the movie and the one you listed is at the end right?

RazorrX
02-28-2008, 09:30 AM
"No, sir, I've just charged 'em." .

Thought it was "Yes sir, the cheque is in the mail."

Jaywade
02-28-2008, 09:35 AM
IllBeYour Huckleberry
Neutral Human Ranger 12 (ranged)/Fighter 2 (good at fighting)/rogue 2(seems appropriate)

STR 12 - 4 pts - not strong, not weak
DEX 18 - 16 pts - ranged, card tricks piano
CON 8 - 0 pts - tuberculosis does this
INT 14 - 6 pts
WIS 8 - 0 pts duels, chasing bandits while on deathbed
CHR 14 - 6 pts - bluff (cards), intimidate (obvious one), just being really cool

Take feats enhancements for crossbows

Anyone else got any ideas?

I like it ......

man I went home and watched tombstone again (not sure how many times I've seen that movie) great movie really great movie...it and Boondock Saints (if you haven't seen this movie go out and buy it in DVD thank me, if you never heard of it it didn't get released in the states casue of the Cloumbine shooting it is a awesome flim though trust me) get's lots of play at my home

Ciaran
02-28-2008, 09:38 AM
You know that is a very underrated movue IMO....sure it is campy but that's half the fun I think....love when one of the "3" puffs up and blows....very funny..... also the "courage potion" very funny ....I thought the jack line was the check's in the mail...maybe that's st the start of the movie and the one you listed is at the end right?

Love that movie!

"Lo Pan? Which Lo Pan? The little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall roadblock?"

Ciaran
02-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I like it ......

man I went home and watched tombstone again (not sure how many times I've seen that movie) great movie really great movie...it and Boondock Saints (if you haven't seen this movie go out and buy it in DVD thank me, if you never heard of it it didn't get released in the states casue of the Cloumbine shooting it is a awesome flim though trust me) get's lots of play at my home

"And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my lord for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

~mazrad
02-28-2008, 09:48 AM
I too Have seen strange markings near the catacombs, and fear that this weather, combinded with the alignment of the moons will create a perfect oppurtunity for an attack in the heart of storm reach. CITIZENS BEWARE!! hide your chitlins, Bury your dog!!!! Pet your grandma!!!! IT THE END FOR US ALL!!!

cinoaz
02-28-2008, 09:51 AM
To me, personally, events like this help me to become a part of Stormreach, not just in it. I've always wanted more engaging story lines in DDO, wouldn't it be great if NPCs respond to you differently after you partake in the festival?

Oh, and if DDO could ever bring over the Beer Drinking run from LOTRO, that's one cross-development feature I would really welcome. Festivals would be a great time for it !!!

Jaywade
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
"And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my lord for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

ahhh another touched one ...great movie I'm so suprised when I run into people that haven;t seen this movie william Defoe is amazing , it's funny, it's engaging ....my wife even like's it ...deleted scenes rock too ...

the rule of thumb scene very funny...

GibsonP
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/ThreadHijack/thread_direction.gif

fleetsbane
02-28-2008, 01:00 PM
have i missed a post? what time does it start?

dungeonrat07
02-28-2008, 03:10 PM
I want an audience with the coin lords! On Sunday the day of the celebration I will be found on top of the pillar that is a fountain in the market area! the one close the harbor side gate. I am on the server Ghallanda! I have demands that I want heard and if they are not then my only option and some others as well is to leave! I have been push to this and I want to be heard!!!!!

Aereana
02-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a portal that you *just* catch out of the corner of your eye over by the Rusty Nail? Every time I come down the stairs or come out of Gianthold, I see it, but turn to face it and it vanishes into thin air!

Citizens beware!

sparkling_diamond_l
02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
I must admit, I like the change in the weather. Can we keep it that way? ^^;

I like it too! The constant sun gets boring. Next we should have snow! :D

Pellegro
02-28-2008, 04:48 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/mcpine/endisnear.png

BRINKS
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
"

I will be organizing a citizens patrol on sunday.

PUGS of stormreach unite.

For all those who wish to volunteer, required uniform will be solid red coveralls with phaser locked in the holster.

P.S. Forms to update your next of kin information will be distributed prior to assuming patrol duties :)

Nonan
02-28-2008, 11:01 PM
As long as Ewoks dont come out of the portals, i am good with that....

TommyBoy
02-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I dont know Sir L that black sky is a a bit ominous.

Karranor
02-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I wish Ewoks and Gungans would come out of those portals! I really do miss killing them...

Can't wait for the throwdown!

Wertik
02-29-2008, 04:21 PM

The Shadowblade Assassins do not fail in their task when called upon to carry out a contract. Just have the other half of our Platinum ready when the job is complete kind sir or you shall face our wrath.

So sayeth the Stronghammer Clan

Deadly Yours,
Shadowblade Assassins

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 05:37 AM
Prophecy of Vesuvia:

With the weather and the markings one can only assume that danger is immenient. Perhaps the folks within the marketplace tent felt the same way as they have began leaving it. The marketplace will forever be changed on this day, as I believe the tent will be destroyed by some massive object to replace it! Portals will open! Devils will slay the children of Stormreach until they are finally surpressed as we are left to ponder on what has arrived!

It's not the end....It's the beginning!

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Prophecy of Vesuvia 2:

By the way, Sir Lawrence....I'm sorry your going to die an honorable death in battle.
Tell your family you love them.

Sir_Lawrence
03-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Prophecy of Vesuvia 2:

By the way, Sir Lawrence....I'm sorry your going to die an honorable death in battle.
Tell your family you love them.

Oh now cut that out you all!

Look, how many times do I have to say it?
There's no "evil forces coming to rain down terror on us" it's a tropical storm, perfectly normal for this area...and the only rain of anything down on anybody I've seen is of hams. As I've already said, this tropical storm is really obscuring visibility, and the airships can't get good clearance to land at the spire. You all have seen Obscuring Mist, how much worse do you think a whole sky full of the stuff is?
There's no "mysterious lights" it's just lightening and spell effects... have you seen how many of you there are out there flinging magic left and right?
There's no "invasions"...the only invasion of anything I've seen is the invasion of the tasty ham snatchers... and we already suspect that to be the merchants who are hard on their luck out being ham burglers
There's no "marking of DOOOOOOOOM" it's just vandal graffiti to scare people, which it looks like they accomplished that goal pretty well

now stop all of this nonsense and fear mongering! Get a hold of yourselves! You're letting the misfits and conspiracy theorists ruin the fun and spook you. Since when do the heroes of Stormreach quake at the sight of some clouds, blinky lights, and orange paint? Now confound it, we are going to have FUN!

Jaywade
03-01-2008, 03:33 PM

There's no "evil forces coming to rain down terror on us" it's a tropical storm, perfectly normal for this area...and the only rain of anything down on anybody I've seen is of hams. As I've already said, this tropical storm is really obscuring visibility, and the airships can't get good clearance to land at the spire. You all have seen Obscuring Mist, how much worse do you think a whole sky full of the stuff is?
There's no "mysterious lights" it's just lightening and spell effects... have you seen how many of you there are out there flinging magic left and right?
There's no "invasions"...the only invasion of anything I've seen is the invasion of the tasty ham snatchers... and we already suspect that to be the merchants who are hard on their luck out being ham burglers
There's no "marking of DOOOOOOOOM" it's just vandal graffiti to scare people, which it looks like they accomplished that goal pretty well

now stop all of this nonsense and fear mongering! Get a hold of yourselves! You're letting the misfits and conspiracy theorists ruin the fun and spook you. Since when do the heroes of Stormreach quake at the sight of some clouds, blinky lights, and orange paint? Now confound it, we are going to have FUN!

I've said it before I'll say it again LAwrence and tolero are dirty...I know it...if anyone survies make sure they price the price.....

Riggs
03-01-2008, 04:05 PM

Devils always make large promises before they do something nasty to you.

I wish for UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!

*clang "little tiny living space"

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Sir Lawrence you misunderstand..this is not quaking in fear at all. It will be glorious, in fact I'm not quite convinced your infact not in on it! You want the people to be gathered and handed over to Shavarath! However, perhaps will have a change of heart and see the evils you have brought upon us and then and only then die an honorable death in battle!

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Even you Sir Lawrence have called this the "rebirth" and you may be able to twist the minds of the warriors of Stormreach with your devil's tongue but you will not twist mind! I will be watching you and waiting. When you and your miserable devil army fail I then will take my place as Demi-God of Stormre....er...sorry. Got a bit carried away there for a moment.

Jazza
03-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I have grown (not sure if 'grown' is the right word) partial to 2Kings2:23. [run a search in the link]

I suppose it shows how the meek will inherit the earth, if that’s all right with the rest of you.

The fact that it contains the answer to the life, the universe and everything is coincidental...

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Rofl!

VonBek
03-01-2008, 08:07 PM
There's no "mysterious lights" it's just lightening and spell effects...

No. But we do lack portents, munificent or malicious, to say what these lights may represent. Still, I have a sword, and a handshake. I know how to use each.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/KonstantinVB/JestersHauntSurprise2.jpg

Dane_McArdy
03-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Do tropical storms come with arcane evil symbols all ver the walls and ground?

Or just more vandalss?

VonBek
03-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Seems we're seeing some displaced folk as well. Like refugees, but Cyre hasn't fallen twice. Strange days for a party.

Jaywade
03-01-2008, 10:16 PM
tomorrow going to be fun

Gorbadoc
03-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Sir Lawrence, I don't even care what shenanigans you're up to; I'd like to join your conspiracy. Rabble rabble.

DNDJESS
03-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Sir Lawrence, I think you need to throw out some props to your brave street performers. While all the merchants were cowering in fear and heading for higher ground, the street performers were braving the elements and continuing in their mission to entertain the masses. The most impressive part is, they do all this to entertain us, and they don't accept tips!