PDA

View Full Version : sugest trade addon to auction house

push7
02-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Currently, there is no way to advertise that you wish to make a trade of one item for another item. Almost no one listens in general chat, and It is frowned upon advertising a trade in the looking for more players window. So, I ask that you add a new button or tab to the Auction house, and label it Trades. In it a player can post a item for trade and give a short message says who to contact and what they want for it. You can even charge a posting fee for setting up the trade advertisement. When someone responds the post is taken down, and the item is retrieved for the trade. What do you think? I think this will help people make better trades and get those upgrades they might not be able to afford. :)

Angelus_dead
02-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes, the AH should have a trade option. Instead of putting a plat price on an item, you should be able to list the other items you'd be willing to take in trade. Obviously, players searching the AH should have the ability to exclude trades from the view.

In addition... it should be possible for players to complete the trade directly through the AH UI. How that would work is

1. Bob posts his +5 Mithral Fullplate for trade.
2. Thordek sees the trade offer in the AH search.
3. Thordek clicks to bid on it, and a window opens allowing him to add items.
4. Thordek drags a Wise Mask of Haggling into the window, and sends it into the AH.
5. The next evening, Bob looks on the AH and sees he has a trade offer incoming on his armor. He can either accept or reject it.
6. Bob loves more wisdom, so he accepts the offer, meaning the mask is sent to him, and the armor is sent to Thordek.
7. If he had rejected it, the armor would stay on the AH, and the mask would return to Thordek.

Sheezgame
02-27-2008, 12:49 AM
What they *could* do for this is allow you to put on 'anonymous' or auctions with the characters name. Then rather than having to spend development on an interface for it, you know who is posting the item and can contact them in game/game mail to trade it.

Considering they haven't even put in relatively basic searching into the AH, I think simpler suggestions need to be made.

(Ideally your way would be nice of course but we need to prioritize)

Taking this in another direction they could have a billboard/pin up board where you can post items for trade (like you see at uni's etc).

push7
03-06-2008, 10:30 AM
bump

JFeenstra
03-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Taking this in another direction they could have a billboard/pin up board where you can post items for trade (like you see at uni's etc).

i remember a post by a dev where something like this was hinted at, possibly coming in mod 7?

push7
03-13-2008, 07:06 PM
still no replies from the devs so, bump.

Mad_Bombardier
03-14-2008, 10:03 AM
still no replies from the devs so, bump.Just a friendly FYI. Bumping is not necessary, nor is it allowed under the Forum Guidelines.

Dane_McArdy
03-14-2008, 10:20 AM
I would actually perfer a trade house rather then a auction house.

My idea would be this. You have the catagories you have now. You put your item up for trade. You typeout what you want in trade.

Others put up what they want to offer for the trade. All items are removed from inventories.

You come back you like what you see for a trade, and hit accept. The items are mailed to the right people, unaccepted trades get sent back to owner.

This would allow people to either get what they want. For example, +4 Holyburst Dwarf Axe of Rightousness. Will trade for good punc/wounding weapon, rapier or dagger.

Or +6 str belt, will trade for any +6 cha item.

This way, people can get what they want, the economy doesn't go berserk, and plat farmers can't make money off of selling plat, or selling items. Plat would only be needed for buying potions and other consumables, like components.