PDA

View Full Version : Is this build Beyod repair

Hellsong
02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.85
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Undeadly
Level 5 Lawful Good Human Male
(5 Cleric)
Hit Points: 60
Spell Points: 366
BAB: 3\3
Fortitude: 4
Reflex: 1
Will: 8

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 5)
Strength 16 16 [18]
Dexterity 10 10
Constitution 10 10
Intelligence 10 10
Wisdom 16 18
Charisma 10 10

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 5)
Balance 0 3.5
Bluff 0 0
Concentration 4 8
Diplomacy 1 1
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 0 0
Heal 7 9
Hide 0 0
Intimidate 0 0
Jump 3 3
Listen 3 4
Move Silently 0 0
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 0
Search 0 0
Spot 3 4
Swim 3 3
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Cleric)
Skill: Concentration (+4)
Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
Skill: Heal (+4)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
Feat: (Human Bonus) Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longsword

Level 2 (Cleric)
Skill: Balance (+0.5)
Skill: Concentration (+1)
Skill: Heal (+1)

Level 3 (Cleric)
Skill: Balance (+1)
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness

Level 4 (Cleric)
Ability Raise: WIS

Level 5 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Follower of the Sovereign Host
Enhancement: Cleric Improved Empower Healing I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic I
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic II
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot II
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom I
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Healing I
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality I
Enhancement: Cleric Extra Turning I
Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery I
Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery II

This is my first cleirc is this really bad or can it work as battle/Heal ?

Rkik_Dnec
02-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I don't see anything completely broken about it. I would have suggested the Sovereign Host enhancement instead of the feat to get Longsword proficiency, though. And I wouldn't have put any points into Int or Charisma. I would have went for maxed Wis and the rest in Strength and Con, but it's not so bad now. You should be able to heal and fight fairly well.

My biggest suggestion if you have the ability for a feat respec would be to drop the Weapon Proficiency feat and pick up something more useful like one of the metamagics. And then get the Sovereign Host enhancement for the proficiency.

Gennerik
02-28-2008, 11:04 PM
I'd actually say that there isn't that much wrong with the cleric as it is, though I do tend to agree that spending a feat to get Longsword Proficiency is kind of a waste. Your Strength is fine as it is, and having a 16 Wisdom doesn't mean that much as long as you plan on spending most of your ability score increases on Wisdom (if you plan on casting offensive spells, though if all you do is heal and buff, then you don't even need to do that).

Honestly, most weapons that my cleric uses are maces of some sort, though I was always partial to the bastard sword-wielding Cleric, it doesn't translate over to DDO nearly as well. I'd probably try to max out Concentration for skills, since the last thing you want is to not be able to heal someone in the middle of combat. You really don't need Dexterity (most armors you wear don't have a high Max Dex on them anyway, and that can be had from a Dex item), the Con is kind of low, but still very survivable, especially since later on when things end up doing a lot more damage, you tend to stay out of combat and you start using spells more. Most undead are easier to kill than turn, so having a low Charisma isn't a big deal either.

I'd say that there isn't much of a reason to scratch this character, unless you don't want to use a dragonshard to switch feats. Other than that, they should still play just fine, and even with the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat, the character is still very playable. I went up until level 12 before getting rid of Eschew Materials with my first Cleric, so there isn't that big of a deal if you waste a feat. As long as I had Empower Healing and the Mental Toughness feats, I did just fine.

esoitl
02-28-2008, 11:25 PM
as my cleric was one of the very first builds i made, i gimped mione too

unless you really plan it out to be a battle cleric you will likely never be in combat - i thought i would be doing a bit of fighting but at high levels you don't do near enough damage, nor do you have the ability to heal as well when you are swinging away

with the 16 wisdom, you only lose a +1 and some SP so it isn't the end of the world.... the LS feat needs to be changed but otherwise it's playable

Impaqt
02-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Actually, I'd keep Soverign Host, But you can get rid of the Longsword Feat...... Soverign Host Grants it.. ya just gotta use a Click that comes with the Enhancment. It uses one use of your Turn undead.

Cowdenicus
02-29-2008, 12:26 AM
uhm guys, he has a 10 con.

I personally would reroll right away......

Other than my first guy, I havent built a guy with under a 14 con ever.

Gennerik
03-05-2008, 09:09 AM
A 10 Con isn't the end of the world, especially in a class that by normally avoids combat in the higher levels of the game. Sure, it's far from optimal, but a 10 Con character can still survive. They'll have to keep tabs on their healing, and may run into difficulty if they ever let their main tank character die after being healed a lot in the same fight. You should end up with a character than can still survive a Polar Ray or a couple of swings from the normal enemy, but not one that would wade into combat at the drop of a hat.

samho
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Actually, I'd keep Soverign Host, But you can get rid of the Longsword Feat...... Soverign Host Grants it.. ya just gotta use a Click that comes with the Enhancment. It uses one use of your Turn undead.

And actually, it did provide extra +1 bonus on Longsword ( I would say it's far better than a Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longsword. ;) )

So my comment would be -- replace the Weapon Proficiency: Longsword with something else, especially when you already have the enhancement.