PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate the Rebirth of Stormreach

Sir_Lawrence
02-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Greetings Citizens of Stormreach!

I am pleased to announce there will be a festive gathering, held to honor the anniversary of our fair city of Stormreach!

The Coin Lords wish to join with all citizens to celebrate and give thanks to the Dragonmarked Houses and Kingdom of Galifar. For through their gifts, in the year 802 of the Galifar Calendar, the rebirth of Stormreach from a mere outpost in the wilderness to a thriving city was made possible. Stormreach has seen many changes, and faced many dangers, but our city still stands, and our citizens enjoy a life of prosperity! We invite all citizens to attend a gathering to honor our beloved city on Sul, the second day of Therendor (Sunday, March 2nd) in the Marketplace.

Additionally, thanks to the generosity of the Coin Lords, and the hard work of the city's bakers, all heroes and citizens of Stormreach will receive a special celebratory cake on Wir, the 27th of Olarune (Wednesday, February 27th) to mark the grand occasion on the 28th. Citizens will receive these cakes prior to the festival, provided they are already a citizen of Stormreach prior to the 27th of Olarune (prior to the patch on February 27th). Enjoy the cake, and what surprises may spring up from them until the day of the party!

More details will be made available as the day of the party draws closer. We hope that you will join us in celebrating this most joyous occasion!

Urguloth
02-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Sounds like fun, the ale will be flowin' and the dwarves will be rollin'!

Trugaard
02-25-2008, 05:47 PM
What's all this? Is this the start of an all new Stormreach? The article said there would be more events and behold!..........and event. I love this game!

Kerr
02-25-2008, 05:52 PM

I am pleased to announce there will be a festive gathering, held to honor the anniversary of our fair city of Stormreach!

The Coin Lords wish to join with all citizens to celebrate and give thanks to the Dragonmarked Houses and Kingdom of Galifar. For through their gifts, in the year 802 of the Galifar Calendar, the rebirth of Stormreach from a mere outpost in the wilderness to a thriving city was made possible. Stormreach has seen many changes, and faced many dangers, but our city still stands, and our citizens enjoy a life of prosperity! We invite all citizens to attend a gathering to honor our beloved city on Sul, the second day of Therendor (Sunday, March 2nd) in the Marketplace.

Additionally, thanks to the generosity of the Coin Lords, and the hard work of the city's bakers, all heroes and citizens of Stormreach will receive a special celebratory cake on Wir, the 27th of Olarune (Wednesday, February 27th) to mark the grand occasion on the 28th. Citizens will receive these cakes prior to the festival, provided they are already a citizen of Stormreach prior to the 27th of Olarune (prior to the patch on February 27th). Enjoy the cake, and what surprises may spring up from them until the day of the party!

More details will be made available as the day of the party draws closer. We hope that you will join us in celebrating this most joyous occasion!

Interesting. Here comes the "world changing" event.. surprises from the cakes we get?

Will Merlask jump out of them? :eek: :D

EMDEN
02-25-2008, 05:55 PM
I want a pet Kolbolt to come from my cake :)

Cowdenicus
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
who stole my first :(

I am stoked about this though.

liamfrancais
02-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Yahooooo party like its 799, I will drink enchanted distillate until my mana explodes! or just pass out which ever comes first

Kargon
02-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Cake of create 10000 Tasty Hams?

Hiletroy
02-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I loooooove cake....but only German Chocolate and Banana Cream. Ok, so Banana Cream is a pie.....I still love it.

Pellegro
02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
I got dibs on the corner piece !!!

(More frosting, ya know.)

jakeelala
02-25-2008, 06:21 PM
its all fun and games until someone gets drunk throws up on my dragonrobe.

do you know how many relics it costs to dry clean in GiantHold?

Zorlinta
02-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Hmm interesting but really not very exciting. Im sure ill be happier bugging some gnolls on vale :p, anyway happy aniversary stormreach

Vizzini
02-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Heheh - There should be a holiday where citizens all across Strom Reach mail Kargon Tasty Hams! Now that would REALLY draw a crowd

DrAwkward
02-25-2008, 06:30 PM

Smoke Cured Cake, just for you.

Cutedge
02-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Rebirth eh?

Dangers eh?

Peace and Prosperity, eh?

Missing_Minds
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
oh dear... Wish cakes. I'm amused.

Uska
02-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I like pie better esspecailly Lime Pie

dragnmoon
02-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Only 1 thing I want to see jumping out of my cake...

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x226/dragnmoon/GnomeOutofcake.jpg

*Been on a I want Gnomes Kick

The_Cataclysm
02-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Respec Cake!

Kerr
02-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Only 1 thing I want to see jumping out of my cake...
*Been on a I want Gnomes Kick

Umm... I'll take a Merlask popping out of a cake any day over a pointy hatted short, bearded guy any day.

Aodh
02-25-2008, 06:59 PM
hmm, wonder if this is gonna be like the potions of wonder, lol.

MyrddynDraconis
02-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Hope this doesn't precurse another rebirth has the NGE did SWG ,:( That was a TOTAL wipe out:( Just a question DDO has not Hired Julio Torres has it?

Haplo
02-25-2008, 07:08 PM
The cake is a lie!!

Sorry, someone had to do it.

GreyRogue
02-25-2008, 07:16 PM
The cake is a lie!!

Sorry, someone had to do it.Just surprised it took this long... ;)

VonBek
02-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Rebirth eh?

Dangers eh?

Peace and Prosperity, eh?

You too, eh?

Yvonne_Blacksword
02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
I knew I got that extra account for something...

Sequestria
02-25-2008, 07:27 PM
What extra account?
lol

SteeleTrueheart
02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
We invite all citizens to attend a gathering to honor our beloved city on Sul, the second day of Therendor (Sunday, March 2nd) in the Marketplace.

I love the idea of Live events and I REALLY want to take part when I can. I LOVE where you are going with this. I applaud all your efforts, I really do.

However -

Most of the world is ahead of you timewise. For instance 9am-5pm Sunday March 2nd where Turbine is located is about 1am-9am Monday Morning in East coast Australia (where I and most of my guild and quite a few other Khyberians are). So I will say what I said for a few other live events.

Can you try to make these things occur on a Saturday your time?

Or at least a reason why it is always a Sunday? (Notably with the exception of a couple of the Emeraldclaw events that were run on a Saturday night (= really early Sunday morning for me that was sorta fun)

brshelton
02-25-2008, 07:49 PM

Kargon's Tasty Cake?

Tharris
02-25-2008, 07:49 PM
You beat me too it, us Kiwis are even futher ahead, so it Kicks off at 3 am our time, not the most productive gaming time.

But totally loving the new stuff , so if the world is a better place and I miss out so be it....

Just like a Miss Universe, all I want is world peace.

Yaga_Nub
02-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Nice!

Choice
02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM CAKE J/K

DasLurch
02-25-2008, 08:13 PM
What?!?!?!? No punch and pie? Ridiculous!!! At least we get cakes :)

ArkoHighStar
02-25-2008, 08:15 PM
So for my wish I want to see the ranger obstacle course from the Japanese version of DDO, oh wait thats not rp focused so we won't be seeing that any time soon

Tolero
02-25-2008, 08:34 PM
So for my wish I want to see the ranger obstacle course from the Japanese version of DDO, oh wait thats not rp focused so we won't be seeing that any time soon

Be careful what you wish for

ArkoHighStar
02-25-2008, 08:41 PM

If it happens you have my apologies till then I reserve judgement:cool:

Kerr
02-25-2008, 08:50 PM

ACK ACK ACK ACK!!!!! I wanna do the Ranger course TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Generals
02-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Since we will have all the citizen's of Stormreach together we hero's should demand lower prices on their goods and services to us.

If it weren't for us they would all be discombobulated pixels hurtling through cyberspace!

Tolero
02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
If it happens you have my apologies till then I reserve judgement:cool:

Probably best to reserve judgment. "Be careful what you wish for"... it's the new "Vast & Mysterious" :D

GeneralDiomedes
02-25-2008, 08:58 PM

Oh, you're one of those sort of genies eh? I personally knew a lawyer who ended up at the bottom of the sea because of one of your wishes.

captain1z
02-25-2008, 09:05 PM
All Im saying is................

I ll be there with full battle gear on. Just in case of "trouble".

Brianius
02-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Probably best to reserve judgment. "Be careful what you wish for"... it's the new "Vast & Mysterious" :D

in best spanish voice "I do not think it means what you think it means"
on another note you are a tease and i want all the details

ArkoHighStar
02-25-2008, 09:07 PM

I will accept nothing less than the absolute and utter destruction of Stormreach

The one thing I will say is I hope the rewards are actually useful this time, the other ones while neat to say you have one simply gather dust in the bank, unless you can find a collector of rare items

query
02-25-2008, 09:21 PM

First you dance with the altars, now can you jump out of cakes?

After all, if you look at my signature, I was warning about wishes long before.....

Looks like I have to make my cleric a little earlier than planned to deal with the hangovers she'll have to fix during that celebration..and after all, she'll like cake too even though she's...oops, not giving that away JUST yet......

And I expect that obstacle course in house D ASAP!

Is it there now....
how about now....

Betz
02-25-2008, 09:47 PM
please please please make it possible to change alighnment

/adds cherry on top

Strakeln
02-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Skill respec! Gimme gimme skill respec!

Generals
02-25-2008, 10:10 PM
please please please make it possible to change alighnment

..or get a shave! *scratches his goatee*

Gum
02-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Cakes...Woot!

TechNoFear
02-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Citizens will receive these cakes prior to the festival, provided they are already a citizen of Stormreach prior to the 27th of Olarune (prior to the patch on February 27th).

More details will be made available as the day of the party draws closer.

Will the details include notice of the downtimes for Wednesday nights (my local time) patch?

What happens to the cake if you have a full inventory?

sirgog
02-25-2008, 10:31 PM
/me guesses this cake has something to do with allowing a Skill Respec.

It's something big that most players want, but that for balance reasons Turbine doesn't want to always be available.

I'd be a big fan of this if it is.

Jerevon
02-25-2008, 10:58 PM
******. I'm moving all this week.

Sambvca
02-25-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm wishing for 3 more wishes.

Uamhas
02-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Read the fine print. It says quite clearly, "Ixnay on the wishing for more wishes." Greedy. :p
I'm wishing for 3 more wishes.

Jopin
02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Grump.

So far I haven't experienced one of the "live events" that appealed to me and didn't just increase the lag for myself and my guildies while we tried to play during the 'event'.

Ringos
02-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Read the fine print. It says quite clearly, "Ixnay on the wishing for more wishes." Greedy. :p

Too much Aladin?

Boy, that Jasmine is hot! :)

Geonis
02-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Boy, that Jasmine is hot! :)

That just says entirely tooooooo much! :D

Garth_of_Sarlona
02-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Cross server PVP!

Craft your evil khopesh of evil burst now! :)

Garth

geoffhanna
02-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Ranger obstacle course? Woohoo !

<excited ranger!> :D

Vesuvia
02-26-2008, 01:56 AM
I wish I could get a superior potency 8 robe? :)

WeaselKing
02-26-2008, 02:08 AM

Turbine listens closely to community input and feedback; one feature that DDO users have long been asking for is the Wish spell. As this spell is extremely blurry, it’s most easily implemented as an event – and that’s just what Turbine is doing. As another event during the anniversary, there will be an item giveaway for subscribers that is, Kate told me, a variation on the D&D Wish spell.

All right, math problem: what do these quotes add up to?

Rouge
02-26-2008, 02:22 AM
Well, they found a way to give me a cake for my birthday :)

That's right kiddies, DDO was born on my Birthday, lol
But unlike DDO, I am a little older than 2, rofl

dakkon75
02-26-2008, 02:56 AM
Woot cake!!!!! I like cake. I personally hope that Cupcake has been helping the Stormreach bakers guild, mainly because she is the best source of cake recipes in Stormreach.

Nataichal
02-26-2008, 03:33 AM
If the cakes don't give my guys like a permanent stat boost, I'll be totally disappointed.

EspyLacopa
02-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Free Items?

barecm
02-26-2008, 06:27 AM
So does this mean when the users are complaining next about downtime or some other issue, Turbine can reply with "Let them eat cake!"

If it really is a wish cake (closing my eyes and blowing out the candels).... I wish Turbine would send me a list of all the new crafting receipies and the ingredients needed to make them. I will be waiting by the mailbox for my present.

Razvan
02-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Me thinks it's more like: you get cake, walk up to NPC and get to choose from a list of whatever - skill respec, change name, change appearance, etc. but get ONE option only!!!

I think a lot of people will be upset though that they will only get "one wish"...

Valiant
02-26-2008, 07:07 AM
"Let them eat cake".

Harncw
02-26-2008, 07:12 AM

...snip...

Citizens will receive these cakes prior to the festival, provided they are already a citizen of Stormreach prior to the 27th of Olarune (prior to the patch on February 27th). Enjoy the cake, and what surprises may spring up from them until the day of the party!

I'm thinking along the lines of improved house p buffs...

Oreg
02-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I just hope its not level based like when they hand out Siberys shards. Nothing worse then getting a low level item and knowing that you should have powerleveled your lowbies today in order to get a higher level item.

Cowdenicus
02-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Tolero says your cakes are all poisoned..... You are all going to DIE!!!11!!1!1!!1

DDOOooOOooOooOOoOOoOoOoOmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!11!11 !!11!11oneeleventy!!!11one!

Oh I havent been able to doom in a long time, that felt good. :D

DeadlyGazebo
02-26-2008, 08:54 AM
What?!?!?!? No punch and pie? Ridiculous!!! At least we get cakes :)

No, no, no, the punch comes with mod 7, in celebration of monks. I hear they also get kick :)

Ravynclaw
02-26-2008, 08:56 AM
And out from the cake sprang... PICK ANY ONE ITEM:

Masterwork Kukri
+1 Studded Leather Armor
Masterwork Composite Longbow
20 Masterwork Bolts
+1 Dagger
Masterwork Bastardsword
+1 Studded Leather Armor
+1 Studded Leather Armor
Masterwork Shortsword

GRATS

Cowdenicus
02-26-2008, 08:56 AM
No, no, no, the punch comes with mod 7, in celebration of monks. I hear they also get kick :)

/groan :D

Wulf_Ratbane
02-26-2008, 09:47 AM

Ehh, punch, kick... It's all in the mind.

EspyLacopa
02-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Ehh, punch, kick... It's all in the mind.
Falcon. . .PUUUUNCH!

TFPAQ
02-26-2008, 09:50 AM

That was pretty funny... for a company guy. I normally expect only sardonic humor mixed with a pinch of evil jubilation.... topped with vanilla frosting of course....

ArkoHighStar
02-26-2008, 09:52 AM
And out from the cake sprang... PICK ANY ONE ITEM:

Masterwork Kukri
+1 Studded Leather Armor
Masterwork Composite Longbow
20 Masterwork Bolts
+1 Dagger
Masterwork Bastardsword
+1 Studded Leather Armor
+1 Studded Leather Armor
Masterwork Shortsword

GRATS

the cake is a lie

Nikodaemon
02-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Mmmmm... Dwarf-cakes, halfling-cupcakes, human-doublestack-cakes, gnome-beefcakes... :cool: [drools]

Furgulder
02-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Hmmm if we are getting wish spells for the celebration, Saffron best be clearing her calendar for a day or three :D

DelScorcho
02-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Hopefully these cakes won't be made of bone and flesh like the Festavist treats. Not that I won't eat them - I'll just feel bad about the cannibalism.

Maldrake
02-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Im gonna wish for worls peace ooooo ya and cole to be dead and that person who shreaches "HHHHHHEEEEELPPPPP MMMMMEE"TO LOSE THERE VOICE

kittiara
02-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Is that like the potions of wonder cause last time I drank one I was in xorian Cypher and it turned me to stone and then to top it off I was run over by a purple people eater and died lol I wasnt amused well I was after the fact haha lol

VonBek
02-26-2008, 12:23 PM
My bet: click cake, get a buff, MAYBE 30 min persistent across instances. Cake goes "poof". I'd call it a Poof Cake. :rolleyes:

Vesuvia
02-26-2008, 01:55 PM
The cake can cast fly for 10 min so just once we can take a group and beat the abbot! Meteors?! Goggles?! Ice?! All solved with fly! Even inferno would be helpless!~

Baltire
02-26-2008, 02:53 PM

So is Kargon saying 10000 tasty hams is enough for him???
:)

Snow_Wolf
02-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Sounds interesting for the cakes and finally on the live events like LoTR in DDO.

We already have kicks. Stealth and then attack. 1st attack is a kick.

Still WISHING for our own lands to over see. We are all way past the level for acquiring our own lands to manage or interact w/ whether it be a fighter over seeing the land as a lord or Ranger and their forest fort or a mage and their tower for researching magic. It could be a persons own character's live instance to over see w/ random events that may require forming a party to deal w/. Thus, one person's instance could act as new material for others to play in. Think Quests, Adventure Zones, Player Land Instances/Quests, and every so often Live Events. ?

At least the live event, if like the last Turval(sp?) event should be fun. HINT put some tactics into the NPCs. On Sorrow Dusk, I saw my guild members break away from my Ranger/Thief and run down the road. There were a number or great ambush points that you guys could have put all along there. Archers along the hill top to pepper the road takers while heavy infantry poured in from the front and rear to cut off retreat and or advancement out of the trap. The casters could have been placed w/ a small body guard on either side of the road on the hill to cast down on the complacent. It would have been far more challenging. Also you did not take advanage of the area across from the 1st 3 troll ambush/attack heading to the caves on the left. That area is often missed including and area to get stuck in in the back corner. ;)

Will be on as I always am on one of my 19 characters on Khyber. !Remember Aundair!

Keep your bow string and fletchings dry,
Snow Wolf

And 19 others. Oye!

Kerrn_Siff
02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Still WISHING for our own lands to over see.

hehe... if there are this many issues and delays with getting a monk PC class out looking for followers and estates would definitely fall under the heading of 'wishes'.

As for the event and cakes, it should be fun, though I fail to see how people can be unhappy with free stuff they haven't even gotten yet!

arcanehealer
02-26-2008, 04:19 PM

1 mad e***g elf.

(im gonna be away until the weekend after the event)

cwfergtx
02-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I have enjoyed playing on Stormreach and love playing with all the people on Kyber. To all the DM's and creators thanks for the wonderful graphics and scenes. Please keep up all the work you are doing and believe me that there are a lot that enjoy the game.

Thud
02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
(clip) I personally knew a lawyer who ended up at the bottom of the sea because of one of your wishes.

mine would put them all there ;)

Nikodaemon
02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Sounds interesting for the cakes... Still WISHING for our own lands to over see...

Kick axe idea 4 lands/instances. :cool: Always enjoy live events (when can attend). :o

cwfergtx [not quoted] said thanx 2 devs, not sure I ever have... :eek: gj guys, u rock :)

ArkoHighStar
02-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Sounds interesting for the cakes and finally on the live events like LoTR in DDO.

We already have kicks. Stealth and then attack. 1st attack is a kick.

Still WISHING for our own lands to over see. We are all way past the level for acquiring our own lands to manage or interact w/ whether it be a fighter over seeing the land as a lord or Ranger and their forest fort or a mage and their tower for researching magic. It could be a persons own character's live instance to over see w/ random events that may require forming a party to deal w/. Thus, one person's instance could act as new material for others to play in. Think Quests, Adventure Zones, Player Land Instances/Quests, and every so often Live Events. ?

At least the live event, if like the last Turval(sp?) event should be fun. HINT put some tactics into the NPCs. On Sorrow Dusk, I saw my guild members break away from my Ranger/Thief and run down the road. There were a number or great ambush points that you guys could have put all along there. Archers along the hill top to pepper the road takers while heavy infantry poured in from the front and rear to cut off retreat and or advancement out of the trap. The casters could have been placed w/ a small body guard on either side of the road on the hill to cast down on the complacent. It would have been far more challenging. Also you did not take advanage of the area across from the 1st 3 troll ambush/attack heading to the caves on the left. That area is often missed including and area to get stuck in in the back corner. ;)

Will be on as I always am on one of my 19 characters on Khyber. !Remember Aundair!

Keep your bow string and fletchings dry,
Snow Wolf

And 19 others. Oye!

I have to say I hope it is nothing like the emerald claw events, while I am sure some people enjoyed sitting around in an instance for an hour hoping that the GM's spawn the mobs for them, I can say I lasted 20 minutes before I was off doing something fun.
I hope we see an all out invasion of Stormreach, no story, no hook, just waves and waves of monsters to kill, and afterward a useful prize not the useless junk they have handed out in the past.

Oh that and the ranger obstacle course like they did on DDO Japan:D

kobold38
02-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Do we have to be logged in to get the cake?

MardrickQuickfinger
02-29-2008, 10:53 AM
THE CAKE IS A LIE! YOU WILL ALL DIE A FIERY DEATH, just like in Portal.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

Thunderwolf
03-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I got dibs on the corner piece !!!

(More frosting, ya know.)

What is it's a round cake?;)

Vesuvia
03-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Sir Lawrence is evil.

query
03-11-2008, 12:47 PM
And I could spend hours going over what was wrong with the "week" of anniversary, but I will skip all that here for one kudos:

Ya made three different quests with three different mixes of enemies and they somehow seemd to think now and then. My butt was handed to me many times on elite.

Well, we'll just skip the Stormreach-6 Motel setup details and leave on a thanks for that above note.