PDA

View Full Version : Dense Stone Elemental Clickie

Erinyes
02-25-2008, 05:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone was else was having trouble with their summoned Dense Stone Elementals from the raid items. They seem to get stuck constantly. Generally, the best I get is one battle, then he stops following. When I walk up to him, past him or ahead of him again, he seems to try and follow (he wiggles and turns), but he doesn't move from the stop he's in. At first I thought it was just a bad stop or something (the first time he ran up a bunch of ramps in Ritual Sacrifice, and then didn't come back down), but it seems to be happening consistently, I'd say 80% of the time. And most of the time it’s on a relatively flat surface too.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TEK
02-25-2008, 05:39 PM
OF COURSE!!!

that bug's been in there since the dawn of summoned creatures.

dont believe me? summon a regular earth ele in the desert and see if he doesnt get tired and refuse to follow.

same goes for other summons but more so with the earth elementals. their earth grab loopholes alot of rules.

for example: in von 6 because of their earth grab animations allowing them a step forward, they're able to actually step onto the bridge to hit you. And does velah eat them? NO!!! (damn untruthful dragon).

charm monsters also encounter this problem, but the earth elemental is the king here.

Vua
02-25-2008, 05:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone was else was having trouble with their summoned Dense Stone Elementals from the raid items. They seem to get stuck constantly. Generally, the best I get is one battle, then he stops following. When I walk up to him, past him or ahead of him again, he seems to try and follow (he wiggles and turns), but he doesn't move from the stop he's in. At first I thought it was just a bad stop or something (the first time he ran up a bunch of ramps in Ritual Sacrifice, and then didn't come back down), but it seems to be happening consistently, I'd say 80% of the time. And most of the time it’s on a relatively flat surface too.

Anyone else experiencing this?

They're dense. They're just too stupid to follow you.

Knightrose
02-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah mine get stuck as well. It's very annoying.

Kargon
02-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Kargon hear the problamem are when anymathing the earth elemamentamal are earthgrabbing dies before earthgrab over, elemamentamal gets stuck.

Erinyes
02-25-2008, 06:21 PM
They're dense. They're just too stupid to follow you.

Har har, of course I should have known that would be someone's reply. :p

I've always been a fan of using summons, but this seems even worse than normal eath eles. Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly. :rolleyes:

Erinyes
02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Kargon hear the problamem are when anymathing the earth elemamentamal are earthgrabbing dies before earthgrab over, elemamentamal gets stuck.

Yea, that does seem to be a trend for sure.

MysticTheurge
02-25-2008, 07:43 PM

To be fair, it seems to run both ways.

The pit fiend in part 4 of our raid got stuck (for one pass of the blades) the other day cause he was aggro'd on someone who died.

It seems to be a fairly widespread bug in the AI.

MrCow
02-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Yep, its a bug with the fact that monsters stay aggroed on someone who is dead, and seem unable to shake the aggro in certain actions or states. For instance, a devil who kills someone just before or after teleporting can end up in a stuck state as well once their teleportation is complete.

brshelton
02-25-2008, 07:50 PM
summoning 2 at a time makes it a LOT worse FYI to all

TEK
02-25-2008, 08:03 PM
To be fair, it seems to run both ways.

The pit fiend in part 4 of our raid got stuck (for one pass of the blades) the other day cause he was aggro'd on someone who died.

It seems to be a fairly widespread bug in the AI.

that same AI bug is the entire reason we never used to rez the last person who died in von 6 back when we used to pull them to home plate.

apparently that bug is growing up to be a full fledged beetle:)

Yvonne_Blacksword
02-26-2008, 10:12 AM
The summoned are just sad that the killing is over....Bring them back some friends....I works sometimes.

TFPAQ
02-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Yep, its a bug with the fact that monsters stay aggroed on someone who is dead, and seem unable to shake the aggro in certain actions or states. For instance, a devil who kills someone just before or after teleporting can end up in a stuck state as well once their teleportation is complete.

But based on the increasing number of people I see running around the marketplace and in the taverns who are still "earth grabbed", apparently our summoned eles are still working, we just don't know where there hands are......

Dane_McArdy
02-26-2008, 10:39 AM
I have this problem. It seem to have it more with these mobs, then with summoned earthies from the spell. However, i do loves me my army of earth elementals. Couple of my regular group mates have this as well, and are constintly surrounded by rocks.

vanderberg
02-26-2008, 10:43 AM
I can't say that you shouldn't have seen this coming. They get stuck in trees in the quest you ran a bunch of times to get the item.

Strumpoo
02-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Earth eles are the WORST pets now! I used to love mine, but now all they do is attack one enemy and then quit. They really are quite worthless now. Better off charming some trolls or something. I hope the Devs are working on fixing this. :confused:

BTW - it isn't just the summoned Earth Eles who have this problem, if you charm one they will do the same thing. Attack one mob and then get stuck.

Molotov
02-26-2008, 03:57 PM
my dense earth elementals also suffer from these problems