PDA

View Full Version : Bard Inspire Heroics

Teufel_Hunden
02-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I've already bug reported this, but i was wondering if anyone else had this issue?

I (and my party) are still NOT consistently receiving the benefits for Inspire Heroics. We get neither the "rage" icon nor the AC boost. It'll take about 3-4 songs until it sticks. The number of songs go down, but we don't get the results. I'll move a little, then re-sing and "sometimes" it'll work. I usually stop after 3 songs so as to not waste any. I make it a point to NOT move, turn, jump, attack, block, open windows, change focus (to the chat window for example). I just click the sing button and take my hands off the keyboard and mouse.

Emili
02-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Inspired heroics is a morale bonus and a dodge bonus... I am not sure what all it stacks with as of yet.

Teufel_Hunden
02-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Inspired heroics is a morale bonus and a dodge bonus... I am not sure what all it stacks with as of yet.

Don't know. But I know that I cast my spells and songs in this order: Spellsong, Good Hope, Great. Hero, Blur, Inspire Courage, Inspire Greatness, Inspire Heroics. I'll play IH 2 or 3 times, and it doesn't show up. Then i'll try 1 more time and it MAY work, meaning that sometimes it does show. After using up 3 or 4 songs. All my other spells/songs are still active, and i see the bonus apply to the AC. As a point of note, I also wait for about 5-10 seconds after Inspire Greatness (after the timer runs down) to play IH.

Zuldar
02-25-2008, 01:37 PM
If inspire heroics has a moral bonus part then the good hope or greater heroism could be conflicting. Try doing inspire heroics first and see what happens.

Khalai
02-25-2008, 01:38 PM
The dodge bonus to armor class should stack with everything, however it is single target. It won't get the whole party.

Cruzer
02-25-2008, 01:41 PM
I've already bug reported this, but i was wondering if anyone else had this issue?

I (and my party) are still NOT consistently receiving the benefits for Inspire Heroics. We get neither the "rage" icon nor the AC boost. It'll take about 3-4 songs until it sticks. The number of songs go down, but we don't get the results. I'll move a little, then re-sing and "sometimes" it'll work. I usually stop after 3 songs so as to not waste any. I make it a point to NOT move, turn, jump, attack, block, open windows, change focus (to the chat window for example). I just click the sing button and take my hands off the keyboard and mouse.

You know its single target, right? You have to target a party member and sing the song per person in your party you're trying to buff.

Teufel_Hunden
02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
You know its single target, right? You have to target a party member and sing the song per person in your party you're trying to buff.

Ummmm.....no. I didn't know that. Wow. Is my face red. That is why i sing it, but *I* don't get the bonus, because I have another party member targeted i bet. Well....that IS good knowledge. Thank you all for bringing this to my attention.

Mad_Bombardier
02-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Ummmm.....no. I didn't know that. Wow. Is my face red. That is why i sing it, but *I* don't get the bonus, because I have another party member targeted i bet. Well....that IS good knowledge. Thank you all for bringing this to my attention.Another good thing is that unlike Inspire Competence, which is Friend-only, Inspire Heroics can be sung to yourself. :)

Teufel_Hunden
02-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Another good thing is that unlike Inspire Competence, which is Friend-only, Inspire Heroics can be sung to yourself. :)

"Good Thing" is relative. As compared with Inspire Competence, yes its a good thing. But I'm not too keen on having to sing it for every individual. As a bard, I love making all my comrades better, not just 1. And the more I give out, the less I have for later (DUH! :eek:).

Any particular reason why this song affects only 1? It seems to be in the same category as IG and ICour.

Mad_Bombardier
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Any particular reason why this song affects only 1? It seems to be in the same category as IG and ICour.Per PnP D&D, Inspire Heroics (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#inspireHeroics). 1 ally @ L15 and 1 additional ally per +3 levels (2 allies at L18).

Inspire Greatness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#inspireGreatness) is supposed to be the same way. 1 @ L9, 2 @ L12, 3 @ L15, 4 @ L18. But, in DDO, it's whole party. That's a "good thing" in our favor.

Angelus_dead
02-25-2008, 02:43 PM
There have been reports that even using it in a single-targetted fashion, the song sometimes mysteriously fails to apply.

Mad_Bombardier
02-25-2008, 02:48 PM
There have been reports that even using it in a single-targetted fashion, the song sometimes mysteriously fails to apply.That's because it uses Rage icon. And when you add another Rage icon to a Barb that is already sporting 6 rage icons, Barbs fail to notice the buff. ;)

Sing Inspire Heroics to the high AC Fighter or Paly and s/he'll definitely notice the "rage" (and at first will probably be miffed that you're "lowering" his/her AC. Then you explain the new song and they coo like a pigeon. :D).

Teufel_Hunden
02-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Per PnP D&D, Inspire Heroics (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#inspireHeroics). 1 ally @ L15 and 1 additional ally per +3 levels (2 allies at L18).

Inspire Greatness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#inspireGreatness) is supposed to be the same way. 1 @ L9, 2 @ L12, 3 @ L15, 4 @ L18. But, in DDO, it's whole party. That's a "good thing" in our favor.

Ah. Yeah DDO then for IG. Boo Wizards for IH. But i guess it makes sense, sort of. Oh well. Thanks again for the info!

Cheers:D