PDA

View Full Version : DDO earns some exposure at the Game Developer's Conference!

Quarion
02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Some of you have already noticed that Turbine was out and about at the Game Developer's Conference this past week, and MMORPG.com has posted what they heard about DDO's upcoming anniversary event and Module 7.

Check it out here (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?GAMEID=163&LOADFEATURE=1779&SETVIEW=features&bhcp=1) and here. (http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm?LOADFEATURE=1780&bhcp=1)

dragnmoon
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Q it is your day off.... STOP WORKING!!!! :D:p;)

Edit: Ooops.... Your out on Business...not your day off....

Ok... Put the blackberry down... Now step away from it....:D:p

ArkoHighStar
02-25-2008, 12:20 PM
maybe he is at the GDC?

PhoenixFire31
02-25-2008, 12:26 PM
NEW low level stuff?!?! My heart just lept through my chest and is doing it's own happy dance as I type. :D

moorewr
02-25-2008, 12:39 PM
NEW low level stuff?!?! My heart just lept through my chest and is doing it's own happy dance as I type. :D

I think I saw that movie... was it Aliens or Spaceballs I'm thinking off?

Dane_McArdy
02-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I think I saw that movie... was it Aliens or Spaceballs I'm thinking off?

Oh no, not again!

Aspenor
02-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Q, put the Blackberry down.

Now walk away, slowly...yes...slowly...NO!!! DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!

gemineye
02-25-2008, 12:56 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=137493

I believe Deckeon should get thread of the week for posting this first!!

Gengulphus
02-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Some of you have already noticed that Turbine was out and about at the Game Developer's Conference this past week, and MMORPG.com has posted what they heard about DDO's upcoming anniversary event and Module 7.

Check it out here (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?GAMEID=163&LOADFEATURE=1779&SETVIEW=features&bhcp=1) and here. (http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm?LOADFEATURE=1780&bhcp=1)

Wow, wow, wow, WOW!!!!!

I'm so stoked that spring break starts this Friday!!!

Thanks, Turbine!!!

MysticTheurge
02-25-2008, 01:23 PM
As another event during the anniversary, there will be an item giveaway for subscribers that is, Kate told me, a variation on the D&D Wish spell.

:eek:

The content will be a continuation of the Shabarath invasion; while I didn’t get much detail on the raids, the wilderness area will be a vast underground space with lots of little spots of beauty: crystals and waterfalls will adorn the cave, but it is an invasion area and it’s not all sunshine and rainbows.

Yay! A visit to Khyber!

I'm seeing more Lords of Dust in the future...

Looking farther into the future, Kate told me that we could expect druids and half orcs near the end of the year, as well as another level cap raise to 20.

While I'm sure this will get a lot of "Oh, now it's the end of this year?? :rolleyes:" which isn't entirely undeserved... I'm still going to give it a resounding "Yay!"

Over the next twelve months, we are told, we should expect to hear some exciting and surprising news regarding Dungeons and Dragons Online as the team continues to try to appeal to the Dungeons and Dragons consumer.

/waits impatiently

While we shouldn’t expect a full 4th edition overhaul of DDO, we are told that we can expect at least some of the elements of this new game to creep into Turbine’s efforts...

Interesting...

Hafeal
02-25-2008, 01:41 PM
I think the more telling comment was:
" the team was quick to point out that the company’s second most recent endeavor, Dungeons and Dragons Online, is not being supported by its counterpart and that they have big plans for the franchise."

:)

Vizzini
02-25-2008, 01:44 PM
This is all very good news! Thanks Quarion for your continued tireless effort in keeping us informed of updates and all of your hard work! Sure glad you've got that Blackberry strapped to your side ;)

/Clap

GeneralDiomedes
02-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I think the more telling comment was:
" the team was quick to point out that the company’s second most recent endeavor, Dungeons and Dragons Online, is [COLOR=Red]not being supported by its counterpart and that they have big plans for the franchise."

I wonder if you can sue by being referenced as a 'counterpart'?

dragnmoon
02-25-2008, 01:48 PM
I wonder if you can sue by being referenced as a 'counterpart'?

I think you guys are misreading that quote.... *Said this in the other thread* Counterpart is Lord of the rings online.. In other words Lord of the rings online is not supporting DDO, DDO makes a good profit on its own...

Hafeal
02-25-2008, 02:13 PM
I think you guys are misreading that quote.... *Said this in the other thread* Counterpart is Lord of the rings online.. In other words Lord of the rings online is not supporting DDO, DDO makes a good profit on its own...

Yes, that was my original point. ;)

It was nice to see that actually said somewhere, especially given some of the past speculation here on the boards.

dragnmoon
02-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes, that was my original point. ;)

It was nice to see that actually said somewhere, especially given some of the past speculation here on the boards.

Does not help that not that long ago a turbine employee said something to the fact that Success of LotRO could only help DDO not hinder... some rumors started after that.

Jolani
02-25-2008, 03:39 PM
All sounds great, but for one thing. The mention of Half-Orcs delayed until the END of the year... what happened to fall 07?

dragnmoon
02-25-2008, 03:41 PM
All sounds great, but for one thing. The mention of Half-Orcs delayed until the END of the year... what happened to fall 07?
A little late on asking that..since we are in Winter 2008...

There were delays... priorities changed... yada..yada..yada..

ccheath776
02-25-2008, 04:21 PM

DDO is making a profit, finally someone says it officially. Most people dont realize that MMO's are popular because even with a few thousand subs your making money and lots of it.

I like the little snippets of info they gave. Definately good teasers, I just hope they can deliver otherwise people will scream, well people will scream anyway so what do I know.

bobo99
02-25-2008, 04:28 PM

To be honest, I'm still happy with the time frame at the moment. I think that 4 more levels, 2 new races, undoubtably more raids and more on the "crafting" system. Not to mention all the quests and improvements that will most likely be generated with in the next year... Seems pretty good to me :)