PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Control for Melees

MrWizard
02-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Thought I would start a thread about this hugely effective yet not often used form of crowd control.

Crowd Control via melees.

Please post things that work for you so i can add them to the post. Try to say what works on red named, purples, and/or just regular or special monsters.

Strategies will be discussed in second post, first post is for descriptions and explanations

Most Mobs

Under construction
Strength Sapping
maladroit
Feats- trip, stunning blow, sunder, ?

Red Named

Crippling
Effect - On a crit, the monster's movement is slowed by 50%
Save: None
Resist: Freedom of Movement prevents this effect.
Time it lasts: Unknown

Slowburst
Effect: 'Slowed', possibly as per slow spell. 50% movement, 30% decrease attack. Alos -1 ac, reflex save, and attack rolls.
Save: Possible will save, DC 15
Resist: Unknown
Time it lasts: 30 Seconds

Purple Named

MrWizard
02-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Strategy Discussion for Melee Crowd Control.

Use of Both crippling and Slowburst

With one hand of one fighter using a crippler and one hand of one fighter using a slowburst weapon, the monster without freedom of movement will have movement slowed by 75% to 100%.
Each will slow movement by 50%, unknown if this stacks or works on remaining speed.
Attack speed will be 30% slower, the monster will get -1 to attack, reflex, and AC.

Monster will barely move or attack at all. This is very effective on rednamed monsters without freedom of movement. Guarantees almost no damage at end fight and allows for brutal beat down.

A crippled/slowbursted rednamed, or any monster really, will hardly move or teleport or attack. Use this in any battle for supreme control.

Mad_Bombardier
02-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Crippling of Slowburst on a Rapier, Kukri, or Scimitar is awesome crowd control. Slowburst has low save DC and seems to take many hits for a mob to fail save.

Oran_Lathor
02-25-2008, 10:51 AM
It's true, I pulled a +5 crippling Kukri of Slowburst a while back... very nice debuffer.

Mad_Bombardier
02-25-2008, 11:03 AM
An oldie but a goodie; Scirroco (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Sirroco.jpg). Red-names are immune to telekinesis, but I *think* can still be hit with blinding effect. Pair with your Crippling of Slowburst Kukri/Scimitar for TWF CC perfection. :D

Kraki
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I've started using a Strength Sapping khopesh of Slowburst for a few whacks on red names recently. I haven't really had the time to evaluate it on much content but it seemed to work nicely and saves caster mana.

Kraki

Shade
02-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Crippling, Cursepew, Strength sapping and armor destruction all last 1 minuit.

Tendon slice, Weighted (stun) lasts around 6-12 seconds.

All movement debuff stack and exponentially decrease movement speed to tell the point the monster is barely moving at all and is like in matrix slow mo animation.

All except weighted work on red named too, but not purple. Purple will show the effect when examined, but not suffer any loss of movement speed.