PDA

View Full Version : Teleportation to Meridia

Jarlaxel
02-25-2008, 03:39 AM
Is there a reason why Meridia is not on the teleportation list?

Please add Meridia to the teleportation list.

ENGRAV0
02-25-2008, 04:32 AM
My belief in this is simple. I believe it was done to keep the farmers from entering, doing the quests with one character, and bringing in several other lowbie characters to loot the chests. If that is the case, it works nicely. However, it would be nice if once you reached certain favor you gained access to one of those locked rooms in the 12 to teleport out.

I personnaly think that adding Meridia to the Greater Teleport is going to lead to pollution, and I don't mind keeping that out. This will also keep some validity to having the relics and such used in GH. What I mean is, at level 8 I was running Crucible on normal and hard, and at 9 elite. My entire group was the same level, and we walked right through it. This is in no way bragging, just that in order to keep the same thing from occuring to Meridia, this is a good way of accomplishing that, if that was their intent.

GlassCannon
02-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Entering The Vale in a Raid Party(Shroud Raid Party).

Other than that, I don't mind it. Then again, once in The Vale, you get mauled by 2 scorpions, 5 ogres, 4 spiders, 4 rats and a dog on the way, and hope you live through it.

Pyromaniac
02-25-2008, 05:27 AM
Agreed, though one of the funniest things in Meridia's tavern is the constant screams of death as players 'teleport' in via slash death.

You need to incorporate that into Meridia's music if there is any :)

Bradik_Losdar
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Adding Meridia to the teleportation list is a good idea and should be done, but it doesn't help everyone (because greater teleport STILL doesn't work in public places and individual teleport is limited to mostly casters). Here's what I wrote in response to the WDA last week on the dev notes concerning (I think) this subject:

"I sure hope the cryptic "death moon in northwest valley" reference does NOT mean they are putting a teleport person/thing just inside the gates of the Vale. What we really need is someone in the Twelve, like maybe just outside the front door to the tower, who will teleport you to Meridia after you have been there once and talked to the Grandmaster (ala the Tangleroot/Splinterskull system). That would dramatically cut Stormreach's suicide rate down.

Having to run up the hill in the Twelve everytime, zone into the Vale, and then wait for a teleport loading screen would almost completely defeat the purpose of having a teleport person inside the Vale gates - see what I mean? I'll continue to /death over that anyday!"

That way anyone who's been to Meridia can get back there without having to run the gauntlet or, as is much more common these days, cut their throats in a tavern someplace. :(

Hambo
02-25-2008, 11:53 AM
You know, my Rogues have absolutely no problem at all getting to Meridia from the 12... I'd bet a lot of other characters could as well if they'd learn to use sneak mode and find the route that I use, which I'll try to explain:

1). Enter the Vale
2). Before turning left at the waterfall, enter sneak mode
3). Cross the bridge to the path
4). Go up on the little knoll where the Ogres are, keeping close to the hillside
5). Follow the hillside past the Ogres until you come to the path
6). Sneak along the path until you can jump into the lake
7). Swim across the lake. There is a "boatramp" on the other side you can use to exit the water
8). Sneak along the shore until you reach the cliff
9). Sneak along the cliff and around the Kobolds and Troll (he's at the path you would be on if you were doing "Rainbow"
10). Keep following the cliff past the dogs and you will see the ramp to Meridia's gate
11). Stay in sneak mode until you reach the top of the ramp.
12). Enter Meridia!

This works for me every time I go to Meridia... I have taken no damage at all since I found this route.

ArkoHighStar
02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
You know, my Rogues have absolutely no problem at all getting to Meridia from the 12... I'd bet a lot of other characters could as well if they'd learn to use sneak mode and find the route that I use, which I'll try to explain:

1). Enter the Vale
4). Go up on the little knoll where the Ogres are, keeping close to the hillside
7). Swim across the lake. There is a "boatramp" on the other side you can use to exit the water
9). Sneak along the cliff and around the Kobolds and Troll (he's at the path you would be on if you were doing "Rainbow"
10). Keep following the cliff past the dogs and you will see the ramp to Meridia's gate
12). Enter Meridia!

This works for me every time I go to Meridia... I have taken no damage at all since I found this route.

how about just stick to the path, 90% of the time the mobs simply ignore you

Ringos
02-25-2008, 01:32 PM

1). Enter the Vale
12). Enter Meridia!

Works for some, but on my cleric, I can sneak, haste, be invisible and use unscented soap and those spiders and scorps ALWAYS find me! :)

I just made the decision to kill anything that looks at me wrong.

Vizzini
02-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Can we possibly get some Developer feed back on this?

Pwesiela
02-25-2008, 10:13 PM
[I]"I sure hope the cryptic "death moon in northwest valley" reference does NOT mean they are putting a teleport person/thing just inside the gates of the Vale. What we really need is someone in the Twelve, like maybe just outside the front door to the tower, who will teleport you to Meridia after you have been there once and talked to the Grandmaster (ala the Tangleroot/Splinterskull system). That would dramatically cut Stormreach's suicide rate down.

My bet is that death in part 2 of the raid no longer will send you into time out.

Hendrik
02-25-2008, 10:22 PM

DEV's are pretty busy with the anniversary coming up and MOD7 in development.

Best bet would be to open a dialog with them and see if it can be done and if so, see if it can get into MOD7.

There is a right way and a wrong way to get DEV attention/feedback. The way the OP is worded is the wrong way.

Crarites
02-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Hrmm i always just run to sleeping dust , step in then step out and recall. Puts you in meridia even if you entered the vale from the 12.

Pfamily
02-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Works for some, but on my cleric, I can sneak, haste, be invisible and use unscented soap and those spiders and scorps ALWAYS find me! :)

I just made the decision to kill everything

Fixed it for ya!
:D

Aspenor
02-26-2008, 09:11 AM
The developer feedback has been made....

They will work on it, but currently there's nothing wrong with the /death to teleport.

bobbryan2
02-26-2008, 09:19 AM
/death is cheaper than teleport scrolls anyway. And it has the added bonus of working only after you've ran their once.

I really don't understand why people feel that an additional teleport is required when a teleport already exists.

That's just me though. Who knows. I'm constantly in groups where people want to do the recall, wait for me to get back in, ok, you guys recall... reenter the quest, ok now we can recall to meridia. And I already have my end reward and full hp/sp.

Yajerman01
02-26-2008, 09:42 AM
yes i understand there is no teleport over to meridia, yes I wouldnt mind a teleport, but some people act like it takes forever to get there. IMO, running up the hill in the 12 is annoying, but the run over to meridia is quite easy. I auto-run, sip some coffee and drink/cast some haste and off i go. If your determined to just get there it takes less then a minute and a half to get there on haste - get some striders %20-30 to add to it.

Its no longer then running to the crucible.

liamfrancais
02-26-2008, 09:46 AM
I generally use the haste and run method myself but they have the djinn in Meridia to teleport you to the twelve right why not after talking to him you can use his brother, who until this point has been waylaid, in the twelve to teleport to Meridia. This would get around the level cap issue with entering the vale since you had to be there once already and would make getting in for raiding less painful. It is not a great solution for the truly lazy people who find it much to mundane and time consuming to have to take the 3 minutes to run from Kundarak to the the twelve but hey can't please everyone unless of course you made it so talking to the djinn in Meridia unlocks a special option on the various teleporters to take you to Meridia.

Memnir
02-26-2008, 09:53 AM
I recall a long ways back a Dev posting that changes to Teleport, and the public Teleporters in the Houses, could not be added to or changed due to issues with coding. However, they once said they could not add PC-usable torches to the game to light up really dark dungeons due to coding issues - and now we have Rainbow that uses that very concept... so who knows?

I'd like to see Meridia added to the Teleport (or Greater Teleport for that matter) lists. The players would love the change, and be very happy about it. If it would require re-coding the whole spell, so be it. I imagine such a fix would be needed to make GT avail in public areas anyways - and the Devs are supposedly working on that. But again... who knows?

Till then, I'm happy just strolling into the nearest Tavern, checking /resloc to be sure I'm still bound to Meridia, then asking the Bartender to call the DeathTaxi. Heck, I feel like when I pop into Meridia that way, everyone raises their Distillate and says, "Norm!!!" Sometime ya really do want to go where everybody knows your name...

Hafeal
02-26-2008, 09:55 AM
how about just stick to the path, 90% of the time the mobs simply ignore you

This has been my experience too.

aldan
02-26-2008, 10:03 AM

1). Enter the Vale
12). Enter Meridia!

Sneak! are you serious!. Haste and run. jump of bridge and FF to left path and run towards water, done.

Heladron
02-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Agreed, though one of the funniest things in Meridia's tavern is the constant screams of death as players 'teleport' in via slash death.

You need to incorporate that into Meridia's music if there is any :)

I love that sound, "Agggh" Veeeewwwooom as they lose a level.

It's is a cheap and convenient teleport though. The only down side is that you have to stay permanently bound to Meridia.

I'm for another Teleporter. House O'Rien or whoever handles that should get their little elves working on that teleporter.

Memnir
02-26-2008, 10:12 AM
House O'Rien or whoever handles that should get their little elves working on that teleporter.Irish Elves? :D

/wanders off singing "When Irish Elves Are Smiling..."

Dane_McArdy
02-26-2008, 10:12 AM

Actually, Tolero did talk about this, and basically, they are looking into it, but don't have a solution to offer at this time.

Probably because they are focused on knocking our socks off for Module 6.1