PDA

View Full Version : bard enhancement

CSFurious
02-23-2008, 05:50 PM
bards should get an enhancement line for umd

this would be similar to diplomacy & haggle enhancement lines that bards already receive

that is all

thank you

slacker76
02-23-2008, 06:28 PM
bards should get an enhancement line for umd

this would be similar to diplomacy & haggle enhancement lines that bards already receive

that is all

thank you

Why, so essentially a bard can cast and use anything availbale. If you messed up in your bard design reroll, a correctly designed bard should have a UMD high enough to do anything they want. i know my bard does

CSFurious
02-25-2008, 06:03 AM
some bards do dps & did not min-max their chr to 20

at level 9, i have a 21 umd when i wear command armor & wear the cartouche

anyway, i do not want to waste one of my feats on sf:umd like you probably did

my bard roll is perfect because i have rolled up about 7 bards before this one (i am a slow learner)

my drow bard has 22 str, 18 con & 20 chr at level 9

if i want to spend some ap's to get that umd just a little higher to start casting stoneskin on myself a little more reliably, i should be able to do so & i hardly think same would be considered game-breaking

Why, so essentially a bard can cast and use anything availbale. If you messed up in your bard design reroll, a correctly designed bard should have a UMD high enough to do anything they want. i know my bard does

Hvymetal
02-25-2008, 06:12 AM
I see your point CS, however couldn't the same be said of the ongoing argument going on in the give tempest enhancements to fighters thread? If you wanted a higher UMD you could have simply built your bard to take advantage of a higher UMD. I kind of see a similarity in the argument myself. It's all in the give and take of creating characters.

Dane_McArdy
02-25-2008, 06:25 AM
I see your point CS, however couldn't the same be said of the ongoing argument going on in the give tempest enhancements to fighters thread? If you wanted a higher UMD you could have simply built your bard to take advantage of a higher UMD. I kind of see a similarity in the argument myself. It's all in the give and take of creating characters.

But then he would have lost some damage. But that's part of what DnD is about, deciding which direction to take.

But also at level 9, he still has some way to go. My bard didn't focus much on UMD the first few levels. But when he saw how good it could be, he put most of his skill points in UMD as he leveled up. Now with a standing umd of 36, and able to get up to 43 easy, he can use anything. And he doesn't have the cartouche. In fact the only item he has to increase his umd is the lucky head.