PDA

View Full Version : Bluff: Why Do Sorcs Have it?

villainsimple
02-21-2008, 11:54 PM
I know it's in the PHB that Sorcs have Bluff... but I mean come on, it doesn't get much more useless of a class skill for Sorcerors...

Seneca_Windforge
02-22-2008, 01:15 AM
I know it's in the PHB that Sorcs have Bluff... but I mean come on, it doesn't get much more useless of a class skill for Sorcerors...

I think you answered your own question.

Also, it can be useful in certain conversation choices. That's not really great, but then again a lot of skills in DDO (and heck, even in PnP in 3.0/3.5) are pretty limited in their usefulness, too.

llevenbaxx
02-22-2008, 07:14 AM
I think you answered your own question.

Also, it can be useful in certain conversation choices. That's not really great, but then again a lot of skills in DDO (and heck, even in PnP in 3.0/3.5) are pretty limited in their usefulness, too.

If you are in a heavy roleplaying group they can be extremely useful. The description of the skill in the book gives a couple very general examples of use that can be applied to almost any encounter. Most groups would just rather work out their differences with a sword/fireball.;)

DDO bluff for sorc? Minimally handy for a couple dialogues, beyond that, not too much unless you have some specialized build i suppose.

Freeman
02-22-2008, 07:56 AM
They have it because back in the 3.0 days, someone pointed out that sorcs were a charisma-based class without a single charisma-based skill on their class skill list. The writers got together, decided that UMD would be too powerful(Despite it going along with the whole "innate" magic ability theme), so they picked Bluff instead. It could have been worse, since Handle Animal is also a charisma-based skill.

GuitarHero
02-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Ahhh, look at the pretty...... FIREBALL!!!

VirieSquichie
02-22-2008, 12:09 PM
If they only have one CHA-based skill, what they *should* have is diplomacy, not bluff...but as stated above, someone writing for the pnp version made a silly call and we're all stuck with it.