PDA

View Full Version : What I hope to see soon

Dane_McArdy
02-19-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm enjoying module 6, I also enjoyed 5 and 4. But one thing about them, they are all basically a huge story line, with everything related leading up to a goal. I mean, I've saved the day! Now it's me time! I want to explore and adventure for me, not because the fate of EVERYTHING sits on my shoulders!

And I found myself missing one shot quests. Just simple quests, that you do from the city, that aren't so epic in nature, and are fun. I always enjoyed those leveling up, and wouldn't mind them now. Certainly a few more House K quests, that aren't epic in nature to help open up some more bank slots would be nice.

There are all those rooms for what you assume are the leaders of the different houses that are empty. Certainly some higher end quests could come from those.

But I would also love to see more one shot quests for all levels.

So basically, a module that isn't epic in nature, but filled with fun quests sure would hit the spot.

Thoughts?

Endrik
02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Agreed. I've been very pleased with the creativity of the Dev's thus far. Since beta, I've always had a few quests that I just plain enjoy running. They may not be excessively hard, or give great loot, but they're simply fun.
For example - I'll start simple... Walk the Butcher's Path. I love that one!!! It's got all sorts of cool gameplay elements... Moving on, Caged Trolls, Black Anvil Mines, Raid the Vulkoorim... etc.. etc...

Why not continue to showcase that? One per update? Give it as a reward to the dev with the best attendance record or whomever bakes the best cake on potluck day... Whatever...

Dariuss
02-19-2008, 03:15 PM
agreed... i'd like to see some nice little 'hey I built a giant evil spider by accident can you go kill it for me please?' type quests

i'd love to have a handful of higher-level quests that only take 10 - 15 minutes but are still difficult (difficulty and quest length shouldn't be related imo)...

Cupcake
02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
agreed... i'd like to see some nice little 'hey I built a giant evil spider by accident can you go kill it for me please?' type quests

i'd love to have a handful of higher-level quests that only take 10 - 15 minutes but are still difficult (difficulty and quest length shouldn't be related imo)...

I very much agree with that.

Short hard quests can be fun.

wamjratl1
02-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Freshen The Air? That was (to me) the first difficult (at lvl) one-shot quest. And loads of fun. I would love to see more of those in game!

Another reason for me is that sometimes I can't play ofr long periods of time and when folks are doing the Epics, they usually do them in a row so I can jpin a group and do Part I and Part II but have to drop group. Then it's difficult to find a group for just Part III or IV. Do you have any idea how long it took me to get VON 4 done? Forever, I tell you!

So yeah, more high level one-shot quests would be fun. and you know, alleviate the stress of having to save the universe every week or so.

liamfrancais
02-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Have you ran proof is in the poison? thats a hum dinger.

Dane_McArdy
02-19-2008, 03:42 PM

Sure did and enjoyed it. Even though it was a smurf village romp for my level 14.

The dungeons and such certainly have gotten cleverer and better crafted.

Another dungeon like Rainbow, but not part of a story arc or quest series would be amazing!

And a little more randomness too it as well. Maybe one time it's ogres in one part, another time it's hobgoblins in that area. And yes I would love another dungeon with a carry your light source. I have to say, when Turbine first explaind why they didn't do this, I accepted it. They said there was lighting limitations, it effects the lag, all good reasons.

But I can't help thinking how much more fun even low level quests would have been if they had the ability to do this a year ago, or two years ago!

Heck, they could even take some of the older lower level dungeons and revamp them for higher levels. Like One of the House K quests, Forgotten Cavern, with the trolls and such. What if after you clear out the trolls, something else moved in, something tougher. Because that was a very nice quest, and a nice dungeon. There are a lot of nice dungeons out there.

What about taking Redfang and making Son of Redfang. Or Daughter? The offspring of Redfang has grown up, and is even meaner and bigger then mom/pop was? Oh sure, there is that already with Whisperdoom, I'm just making an example.

I can't say for sure, but it would seem like a way to add more of this kind of content faster using old dungeons for higher level quests. They might even have a solo level of play. And would be a great way to put in found items for the upcoming crafting and other ritual recipes to come.

Akhad_Durn
02-19-2008, 06:08 PM
There are a ton of cool things that can be done with the lower end content that would be fun.

I'd like see some side quests based out of the 'Steam tunnels'. Fluffy has gone missing and we think a deadly trg took here, go find her! (later to only find out that fluffy was hiding under the bed...) :p

Maybe even expand them and make them into an explorer zone like Waterworks. I've always wondered why they were so small.

Maybe making an Invaders style quest out of the 'Steam tunnels'? They're connected in some way, right? Always love running Invaders.

Maybe make it so that there is a connection between Waterworks, and the Steam tunnels, and remove the bribable guard. This would be a fun way to sneak into the Market area. Put in a between area quest that has something tough (maybe a Gelatinous Cube, Muhhahaha!), that needs to be killed or run from to make it a challenge. (BTW I liked it when you could run the low road to get into the Upper Harbour from the Lower. They should still be seperated....)

Vinos
02-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I want another quest series with a semi-static reward like Delera's or Threnal.

akla_thornfist
02-19-2008, 07:13 PM
well they did say that with the addition of monks in mod 7 there would be new quest at lower levels to help level the new class, as a confirmed altoholic will give me something to look forward too.

wamjratl1
02-20-2008, 07:33 AM

Yeah dood, at level that quest is a b****h! At least it was when it first came out. I got so mad I went back in on my my capped main just for revenge! I HATE seeing my characters forced to dance while getting beat up!:mad: Fun quest tho!:D

Thanks for the reminder, cuz i have an alt who's just about ready to do that one!

EinarMal
02-20-2008, 07:40 AM
I agree and some short high level quests would be good as well. I dislike that in general as the level increases the length increases. Short quests are nice when you don't have a lot of time.

VonBek
02-21-2008, 07:25 AM
And a little more randomness too it as well. Maybe one time it's ogres in one part, another time it's hobgoblins

Cerulean Hills has this somewhat - I like it, too. You can, figuratively speaking' see what moved in since you kicked the last squatters out. To me, it sounds like adapting techniques from the Outdoor adventure areas to a standard quest. Wonder if could work?

Heck, they could even take some of the older lower level dungeons and revamp them for higher levels

Like the mechanism with Baudry and that inquisitor. Run it for Baudy's low level quest as a lowbie, but change the quest giver's "trigger" for higher level characters.

There are a ton of cool things that can be done with the lower end content that would be fun. Maybe make it so that there is a connection between Waterworks, and the Steam tunnels,

Cool example. Why not? Used to be, you could run "The Low Road" to get from lower to upper harbor. Make it more extensive, use "outdoor tech" to give it a bit of dynamic?

You guys have some good ideas.